Dan & Phil Part 82: now onto the future

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
scientia
phabergé

George wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm Personally I'm more on the team fixer upper. Phil likes to watch HGTV and save money, and Dan has a peculiar taste, so it's a win-win. :hmmm:

Can we have an emoji for forever home?
Seriously, my ideal content from them right now is a series of them house-hunting (think about it, there could be some hilariously ill-fitted/bant-worthy places out there). Decor hauls, bants over paint colors...damn that would be awesome!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Well, Dan is out there making self-derogatory shitposts on tumblr again.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
liola
rankussy

plinthofmylife wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 pm
Well, Dan is out there making self-derogatory shitposts on tumblr again.
Uh, what? I'm pretty sure that is a very old post - it definitely isn't recent on his blog
Last edited by lefthandedism on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Ugh you're right. It showed up on my dash and I was like "signs of life, yay!" ...no, RIP Dan. Still gone. Please ignore me, old person who can't understand tumblr.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan did just like a few things on Instagram but no other signs of life. I hope he comes back soon.
moon-boye
smol bean

scientia wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:48 pm
Seriously, my ideal content from them right now is a series of them house-hunting (think about it, there could be some hilariously ill-fitted/bant-worthy places out there). Decor hauls, bants over paint colors...damn that would be awesome!
,,,,,how dare you put this idea in my head :happytears: i have often pondered writing some interior designer!dan fic, but never seem to get past 1k before looking around at my plain white walls and generic tan furniture and deciding that i'm well under-qualified to do it any sort of justice.
:rainbow: :cactus:
madytastic
dank meme

Okay, this is completely unrelated to any discussion going on right now so sorry about that, but I just had a question and I didn't know where to find the answer or if anyone really has an answer. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea as to when Dan and Phil started being referred to as "Dan and Phil", like at what point did it become this deeply ingrained idea that you couldn't have one without the other? When did the constant association become the general consensus?
fieldoflovers
living flop

madytastic wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:03 pm Okay, this is completely unrelated to any discussion going on right now so sorry about that, but I just had a question and I didn't know where to find the answer or if anyone really has an answer. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea as to when Dan and Phil started being referred to as "Dan and Phil", like at what point did it become this deeply ingrained idea that you couldn't have one without the other? When did the constant association become the general consensus?
There's a thread on here that explains it! viewtopic.php?f=32&t=565 hopefully that link works and helps!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I just saw that Jenna and Julien are launching JennaAndJulienGAMES and now I miss dapg even more, sigh.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:46 pm I just saw that Jenna and Julien are launching JennaAndJulienGAMES and now I miss dapg even more, sigh.
ooh where did you learn that? they're super active on twitch but i don't know if they're taking it to youtube?
glitterintheair
phillluminati

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:46 pm I just saw that Jenna and Julien are launching JennaAndJulienGAMES and now I miss dapg even more, sigh.
ooh where did you learn that? they're super active on twitch but i don't know if they're taking it to youtube?
I guess it's a youtube channel, but there's no official info yet:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I just watched Jenna's latest video and I am SO eager for Phil to just do a year of selfish content like Jenna with Dan playing Julien's role (mostly off-camera making ~remark~s but occasionally on-camera). I know this has been expressed as a wish before, but the content drought has me wanting to express it again even more. Phil, go free, be the high-res/higher-budget version of your 2007-2009 Youtube self!

Also I want Jenna and Phil to dye their hair together.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

glitterintheair wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:15 pm
sonicgreen wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:07 pm
I guess it's a youtube channel, but there's no official info yet:
Jenna Marbles here to save the day with that god tier content.
opendoor
rainbow nerd

I actually used to watch Jenna and then got annoyed by Julien being in literally every video and stopped watching. Like I subscribed for Jenna ya know, not Jenna's boyfriend.

So linking that back to D&P even though I like their joint content more than solo content, I need both. That being said those three vids on Phil's channel- Not-Milk Challenge, Cheese Challenge and Viewers Pick My Outfits where Dan is behind the camera are some of my absolute faves and I would like more.

Also it's in the Dan and Phil GAMES colours is this on purpose?
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
dc34
glabella

i just watched the director's commentary and i wanted to proclaim my love for dip and pip :valentine:

it makes me really want a podcast tho it won't happen :wahh:
rikonee
drama llama

I'm glad I'm not the only one who dive into Phil's 2007-2009 videos because of the crazy content drought. And I really want to see these type of videos on 2019. even tho the possibility is almost nonexistent

I know this is such a predictable pick but I love these two the most.

<3
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
George
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:41 pm
George wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm Personally I'm more on the team fixer upper. Phil likes to watch HGTV and save money, and Dan has a peculiar taste, so it's a win-win. :hmmm:

I love me some HGTV too, but can you imagine? Phil has never used that cordless hammer drill. I don’t think either of them are handy, they’d have to hire some men and Phil would awkwardly watch the whole time. The only way I can see this working is if they had the work done before they moved in. I don’t think they would want to live in any kind of construction and I would hope they know their limits. No house files from these guys.
Oh god, I wasn't suggesting they do any of the work themselves. They can hire professionals and still made profit. Just stick to choosing the right countertops, boys. And having two (or three...) flats at the same time,
well, that wouldn't be so unheard of, would it...

Potentially though, they could get help from their families. Aren't Martyn and Cornelia renovating at the moment (I'm a bit out of the loop with them tho, so I'm not sure)?
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

George wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:37 am
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:41 pm

I love me some HGTV too, but can you imagine? Phil has never used that cordless hammer drill. I don’t think either of them are handy, they’d have to hire some men and Phil would awkwardly watch the whole time. The only way I can see this working is if they had the work done before they moved in. I don’t think they would want to live in any kind of construction and I would hope they know their limits. No house files from these guys.
Oh god, I wasn't suggesting they do any of the work themselves. They can hire professionals and still made profit. Just stick to choosing the right countertops, boys. And having two (or three...) flats at the same time,
well, that wouldn't be so unheard of, would it...

Potentially though, they could get help from their families. Aren't Martyn and Cornelia renovating at the moment (I'm a bit out of the loop with them tho, so I'm not sure)?
yes, their kitchen!
:gayaf:
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

rikonee wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 am I'm glad I'm not the only one who dive into Phil's 2007-2009 videos because of the crazy content drought. And I really want to see these type of videos on 2019. even tho the possibility is almost nonexistent
I thought I was alone too! I've been watching most of them these days. One of my favourites is Snokoplasm.

It's fascinating to see these videos. First of all, it made me realise that Phil has changed quite a bit. :D But he's a very creative person and his old videos demonstrate that very well.
Also, am I the only one who finds these old videos very natural? They seem so different in comparison to the videos which are posted these days (in general). It really feels like he's just broadcasting himself in a simple way. I find that very refreshing. I don't even feel like I'm on YouTube anymore because it's so different. :lol:
bifaeri
tol bean

I was honestly doing very fine with the hiatus but then I went and watched a 2018 domestic compilation video and now I miss them terribly.

Please do something boys. I need my emotional support white men.
knq
lava lamp

I keep rewatching those two gaming videos they made in like 2011 before they had the gaming channel. Comedy gold.
autumnhearth
senpai

Matcha_Ramune wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 am
rikonee wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:41 am I'm glad I'm not the only one who dive into Phil's 2007-2009 videos because of the crazy content drought. And I really want to see these type of videos on 2019. even tho the possibility is almost nonexistent
I thought I was alone too! I've been watching most of them these days. One of my favourites is Snokoplasm.

It's fascinating to see these videos. First of all, it made me realise that Phil has changed quite a bit. :D But he's a very creative person and his old videos demonstrate that very well.
Also, am I the only one who finds these old videos very natural? They seem so different in comparison to the videos which are posted these days (in general). It really feels like he's just broadcasting himself in a simple way. I find that very refreshing. I don't even feel like I'm on YouTube anymore because it's so different. :lol:
Mmm they do feel less stiff and formulaic, even when they are just the vloggy ones. My faves are of course the music vids and The Basket (such good music/Doctor Who vibes) and The Silver Button. Tim’s Adventure and Sebastian are up there too.

The husband suggested we rewatch the Sims series from the start. He freaked out a bit seeing how different they were four years ago and called them babies (which yeah, not fetuses, but definitely still babies) then we talked about the changes in Dan’s voice and speaking styles over the years and I just wonder how he’s going to emerge this time.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

opendoor wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:36 am Also it's in the Dan and Phil GAMES colours is this on purpose?
Browsing their Twitch channel and tweet about a rifle in their colours in PUBG, they've used pink and blue for a while, not sure why that's changed to purple and blue (I watch some of Jenna's videos, but not all the rest yet so idk any more).
FlegmaticSimon
drama llama

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am
Matcha_Ramune wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:42 am

Mmm they do feel less stiff and formulaic, even when they are just the vloggy ones. My faves are of course the music vids and The Basket (such good music/Doctor Who vibes) and The Silver Button. Tim’s Adventure and Sebastian are up there too.
Right! I completely forgot Tim's Adventure. That was a really nice concept. Jack - A Story From the Past also made me laugh for two minutes straight. I also liked the video where he claimed his mum was a lobster. Very funny, that one. :D

I'm glad he decided to leave some of his old videos, unlike other youtubers. After all, it's a goldmine of randomness and funny content. :)
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Philly’s ill