Dan & Phil Part 82: now onto the future

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

dontpanic wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:42 am oooooohhh this reminds me of a similar topic... what are y'all's favorite videos/vlogs of other youtubers that Dan and Phil turn up in?
Love this one, but mostly for 8:15! I’ve watched that part over and over.

edited to add: My first time at the top of the page!
firsttimeposter
living flop

Some of my all time favorite videos, def a lot of gamingmas 2016. I remember the stark contrast from gamingmas 2016-2017, cause dan always seemed soo annoyed at phil in 2017, while 2016 was just så lovely.

especially these ones:

But honestly, the whole month of December then was awesome, I remember just having a smile on my face constantly throughout haha. I really recommend watching these, either if you were there back then (apparently more than two years ago?? wtf), or if you’re just looking for great videos.

But gosh, there’s sooo much great content out there, all of these recently posted in this threat are also great. y’all have amazing taste in videos haha!:)
Last edited by lefthandedism on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embeds
autumnhearth
senpai

@flarequake ahh I love Lost at the Mall, though looking at the thumbnail now all I can hear is “Dannn! I fell over.”

Last night I was going to break it down into not only one from each channel, but one old school Phil and older Dan, because I’m extra. This isn’t my ultimate best, but the ones that came to mind first. Under cuts because otherwise this would take up the whole page.

Old School Phil:
When searching for it I noticed someone had a playlist of “Scary” AP vids (Including ‘The Silver Button’, ‘If I Ruled the Internet’, ‘Phillipa’, and ‘Potato Prints’, but there was one on there I hadn’t seen before:
I know that probably wasn’t the original title.
I also would like to express my love for all of Phil’s music videos, not just Toxic but ‘Lonely Day’ and ‘Check Yes Juliet’ I love how he called that A Day in the Life of Phil.

And I love some of the music videos they made for the radio too.

Supremacy is epic:
The Bear and the Hair while low effort makes me so soft:
And I came across one a few days ago that I didn’t know existed and I’m currently in love with it:
How amazing is that? Don’t give away how they made it.
And since we’re getting festive I can’t forget Phil as Jack Skellington:
For fetus Dan, I know it was taken down for being problematic and at times it makes me squirm with discomfort but is there anything more teenage Dan than those two GiffGaff competition videos? Balancing with the second for wholesome dorkiness.
Of course storytimes are my favorite Dan videos let’s go with an older and a newer.
I love him in that shirt. Fight me!
For Phil, of course ‘Why I Was a Weird Kid’ and ‘Things I Thought Were True But Were Not True’ come to mind, but while looking for them I decided to click on a vid I had only watched once before and forgotten what it was about and omg it is just the epitome of 2012 Phil. It’s a solo Q&A featuring weird food combos, cartoon crushes, old pictures, drawing, speaking French and a skit with Dan. And it makes me excited that we will be getting Phil Q&As in the future

keep watching to the end to hear the horribly offensive but delightfully dorky music they made
Let’s add a creative 2014 one for fun:
And for more contemporary Phil, I actually really like his reaction videos and the one he did on tour last summer was probably the most self aware and insightful one. Plus you gotta love that quick hotel review:
I also want to give @dontpanic ‘s suggestion of videos and vlogs they appear in some thought, though I’m running out of battery and really just watched clips and compilations of the older vlogs, so let’s go with:
Annnd
The boys appear just after 11 min though they talk about them earlier
noodlebum
flower crown

Oh god them meeting Pearl was the cutest :love1: even with Louise's awkward comment about all the girls being excited about Dan holding her, or whatever it was she said
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hi phil hi i am glad to see your face today phil please show it again soon
Ablissa
pastel persona

Since I'm such a productive, useful member of society, I tried to assemble the picture in correct order. Didn't work. Think some bits are cut, or I'm just bad. If anyone finds a better version, please post it so that we can see Phil's beautiful face.

I've been loving all the favorite video posts! <3 I think I might just sit down and watch all of these this weekend tbh. I could use some happy deppy.
noodlebum
flower crown

oh my god, i'm CACKLING at Phil's little fake gasps :lol: :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

On this day Phil Lester has blessed us. Wonder which day this weekend the viddy will drop.
liola
rankussy

First a glasses selfie, then a video where he gasps which leaves ME breathless I can't believe Phil Lester is saving 2019 all by himself
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
cringemonkey
drama llama

noodlebum wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 pm oh my god, i'm CACKLING at Phil's little fake gasps :lol: :lol:
OMG HSKDNELDY :rofl: Shane Dawson used to (still does?) post videos of him doing these and it truly is the most awkward thing ever. I would simultaneously die of cringe and laugh my ass off if Phil needed some of the twitter replies suggestions to upload a 10 min video of just him posing for thumbnails :lol: there’s some content for lessamazingphil
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

noodlebum wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:11 pm oh my god, i'm CACKLING at Phil's little fake gasps :lol: :lol:
"huh........hUH........hueh!"
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Aw, Dan liked it :)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Phil Lester, King of comedy capitalism beauty Everything.
I love that man with my whole heart. I'm hyped for the video - maybe tomorrow??? He looks so good, I can't.
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 pm Aw, Dan liked it :)
AND THEN IT GOT BETTER
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 pm Aw, Dan liked it :)
Why am I picturing Dan as being the ultimate Phillie, pressing like with "MY MAN BREATHED ONLINE"
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Oof I’m just picturing some of the joint videos’ thumbnail taking. Like GTPWTW and the Punk and Pastel Edits and gaming vids. But I imagine they don’t keep those after they decide on a pose. Truly a loss. I’m going to be a bit pragmatic and say that Dan would probably like that tweet from one of his mutuals because it’s funny and he relates to the awkwardness, but of course he also likes Phil’s tweets out of support (and love). And now I’ve got Dan’s voice in my head saying “I’ve been a Phil stan account for [years]” (I forget if that’s the exact ending, fake fan).
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Does Dan's name at the top mean he's playing on Dan's name or he's playing with Dan?
knq
lava lamp

I would also like to know! I don’t play the game, but watching people on YouTube play it my guess is that’s Phil playing under Dan’s username—and perhaps switching off when they die, as you do. There doesn’t seem to be local co-op, so if Dan was the third member on their team with Kim K he’d have to be on a seperate console using a different screen and communicating through the voice chat.
cringemonkey
drama llama

Okay I've just been having a rewatch of gaming videos to deal with the hiatus and does anyone remember the Final Google Feud video when Dan, in particular, was acting SO WEIRD :rofl: Does anyone have any idea what tf was going on in this video/what happened during the pizza eating :rofl: If anyone wants to have a rewatch I promise you'll laugh :lol: I especially enjoyed Dan's valley girl accent towards the end. Also when he just yells "DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE" in the weirdest fucking voice lmao
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

cringemonkey wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:22 am Okay I've just been having a rewatch of gaming videos to deal with the hiatus and does anyone remember the Final Google Feud video when Dan, in particular, was acting SO WEIRD :rofl: Does anyone have any idea what tf was going on in this video/what happened during the pizza eating :rofl: If anyone wants to have a rewatch I promise you'll laugh :lol: I especially enjoyed Dan's valley girl accent towards the end. Also when he just yells "DOES ANYONE ELSE HATE" in the weirdest fucking voice lmao
Hahahahaha , yes :lol: I always go back to watch this video! One of my faves, it really escalated on the wtf is going on level all the way to the end
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

This is one of the few 2013-era Dans I hadn't rewatched since when it originally came out, and rewatching it, not only is it quite good, I also found these lines a little on the nose for the phandom/content drought right now.

"reality shows are great because you can just latch onto someone's life like a strange parasite"

"Once I've finished a season and it's like a year until the next one, it's like my life has no purpose anymore [...] that's why I'm so glad there's the internet and fandoms on the internet. They're basically like support groups in these situations."

And the scary one: "the unfortunate truth though, and I'm going to have to say this, everything must end."

Last edited by rizzo on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
noodlebum
flower crown

That google feud video was crazy, either there was a lot of E numbers in that pizza or they'd been drinking :lol: "giraffe's are so fake"
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Looks like Dan is following more and more (left leaning) political channels, and i dig it. His latest follow went to Rutger Bregman, just a while back he started following Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and there's some are some youtube channels i've discovered through him that I find pretty interesting (like Philosophy Tube). He also made a point of returning with the Bernie Sanders campaign launch. I fully support a stronger political Dan, even if we're bound to vehemently disagree on some things. He would be the right guy to bring up complex issues in an entertaining way, especially if he puts thought into his research of the topics.

An example of a video from Philosophy Tube which would probably get Dan thinking. Or plausibly already has.

Last edited by rizzo on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Lizwilson96
placenta

Just jumped on to say I had a dream about Phil last night. In my dream he was chosen to speak at a women's day rally and give a speech on why its good to be a woman. He stood on the stage for a minute stuttered for a minute and eventually said "I've got nothing, sorry" and walked off stage and Dan yelled "damn it, Phil" from the crowd. I remember thinking how I wondered how everyone on idb would feel about it.
Ablissa
pastel persona

The entire Google Feud series is amazing. Honestly, the longer we go without, the more I appreciate the gaming channel. Yes, yes, I know - it hasn't been that long yet, etc etc. But I feel like I never truly appreciated how much these gaming videos made my life better back when I had more of them. Even if I had a rough day, seeing them bant for 10-60 minutes was always great. At least we can rewatch and hope.

Speaking of videos... I kind of thought Phil might upload today? They always have their Oscars party, and that's tomorrow, so tonight would make sense. Right Phil...? Please...? :please:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

things are very quiet so here is a pretty gif of them laughing