The Look for Less: Dan and Phil Version

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I'll be honest, this is just me taking a cue from some tweets that @obsessivelymoody made and also some things mentioned in the 'you know you watch too much...' thread.

Anyone have any clothing items that they bought because Dan or Phil wore them, or things you just bought because they seemed like a Dan and Phil aesthetic? (Also if they're comfy hoody/jumpers, link pls.)
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

At first, I didn't think that I had ever done this, but then I remembered that I did buy this coat (pic below) in part because it reminded me of a jacket (pic below) that Dan wears.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
noodlebum
flower crown

Tis a nice coat :)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Ohh fun! I love fashion, so I'm glad to have been summoned here :D

Okay so here's the thing, I started watching deps when I was 15. I got a real job when I was 16 and finally had spending money, which ties into the fact that I wanted to build a better wardrobe. I have always identified more with Dan, and still do, and because I've always liked most of his clothing choices (though tbh it's very polarized, I either hate an item of clothing he has with a passion or want to own it myself) I have purchased many things in an attempt to emulate his style. Almost five years later I've definitely found my own style but I can't help but still gravitate toward pieces that strike a resemblance to some of Dan's clothes. But basically most of the clothes I own have some thought or inspiration from either of them (but mostly Dan lol). And because of that this post is insanely long, and basically outlines my whole wardrobe! Sorry not sorry? lol

So I tweeted these ones out as I'm giving them to charity but god I wore them to death after I bought them 4-2 years ago.
I'm sure we all remember Dan's zips phase, as well as this wonderful jumper.

I purchased this sweater because I liked the ~moody aesthetic~ (foreshadowing to my branding now?) of it, and the zips on the side reminded me of Dan's jumper. Unfortunately it got pilled to shit when I washed it with a white sweatshirt, and tbh I still love it to this day, but it needs a new home. (actually, I remember being in limbo about the Canadian tatinof dates, and thinking that if they came to Vancouver and I got m&g tickets I would wear this sweater to meet them. sigh.)

When Dan first debuted this jumper I was both appalled at the price but also totally in love with it. It's horrible, I know, but it looks so cozy and so good on Dan (imo), and I spent literal months looking for a dupe. I found this horrible, very bad dupe from forever21 that was very itchy but it was in my price range and as good as I could get. Glad to be rid of it now, if I'm honest.

I bought this sweater because I felt like it really fit with that distressed, ex-emo, ~Japanese aesthetic, and that very much reminded me of Dan. Years later I fucking hate this sweater so much, and I think it's super cringey and gross, especially since I don't know what the Japanese reads on it and it's just there for the aesthetic~~ (barf). It served me well though, and I guess the rips are alright.

This one is definitely more Phil inspired, and I love it so much I wore it til there were holes in it near the hem from washing so much.

A few other pieces I remember buying but got rid of ages ago that reminded me of Dan: a t-shirt with a leather pocket, a grey shirt just like the one he wears with The Outfit, and a semi-sheer black t-shirt.

And as for things I own currently and don't have any plans to give away:
These jeans from topshop reminded me of Dan's ripped jeans, particularly here. I was also in the market for some ripped jeans so them looking like Dan's was a nice bonus as a trashcan.

I was at some kind of american eagle sale because one of my friend's works there and they had these super soft "boyfriend" flannels and one of them had a print very similar to this Dan shirt, and while it's not the same thing (but god I wish it was, I love that shirt on him and I would wear it like a sweater dress lol) it always makes me think of his shirt.

This top from h&m was partly bought because I needed some new business casual work items, and partly bought because it kind of reminded me of when Dan worse the shirt linked below. (and maybe also because it reminded me of Harry Styles...)

When I went to hot topic in search of the no-face jumper Dan has, they didn't have it but they did have a calcifer one, which I snatched up and love to death. I definitely recommend getting one of these if you want because they're very comfy and definitely super cute.

I bought a denim jacket from topshop similar to the one in the first picture (not sure if it's the same one I bought as I got it a couple years ago) literally because of Dan's instagram below, but I also think as a Canadian I needed a denim jacket anyway, and I actually commissioned an artist friend of mine to paint the back of it, which is in the second picture.

I bought this jacket from asos a few years back because I needed a decent rain coat and because it reminded me of this coat of Dan's.

I bought this sweater from asos a while ago because it reminded me of Dan's fuzzy bear jumper, even though they don't look remotely alike. It's the thought that counts I guess lol.

I also bought a black and white striped tee which I guess was just to add some more variety to my wardrobe that isn't fandom shirts, but considering the amount of striped clothes Dan has I can't say I didn't have him in mind when I bought it (and ultimately made the decision to wear it to ii lol).

And finally exact items they own that I've purchased:
couldn't find a better picture of them from memory oops

I was having a cruse around hot topic when I saw these and immediately texted my best friend (the only irl I know who watches them, and the person who got me into them) about it and she yelled at me to buy them. And I don't regret it. They're a little long since I'm only 5'2 and they're sized for men, but they have pockets and I do love me some pokemon.

I am a lover of dinosaurs and someone who was in need of a good xmas sweater, so I splurged when I saw them posing in these. This is probably the only pink thing I own too, but I love it so much, it's adorable and so soft.

This is probably my favourite sweater. It's so comfy and warm, and as soon as Phil posted that story in it I knew I needed it. Definitely recommend getting this if you've had it in mind for a bit. It's so worth it.
obvsly
#relatable

Funny how I just ordered this last night...

By the way, @obsessivelymoody, those are all impressive! :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

@obsessivelymoody the painting your friend did on the back of your denim jacket is gorgeous. I’ve only bought one exact item that the boy’s own and that’s the charcoal horned hoody. It’s thick and cozy, but also tight on my hips and chest :/

https://www.yesstyle.com/en/rina-horn-a ... 1030418829

I got a men’s xl but again the hips and boobs. I do have a pair of grey ripped jeans, but they are way too big on my waist (perfect on my thighs) and fall down worse than Dan’s pants. (I wonder if his thigh to hip ratio were part of the issue) I was tempted by the corgi button up at Hot Topic, but I didn’t think I could pull it off, plus the fabric was stiff and cheap.

It’s actually my son that has more items inspired by them. He wears black and grey skinny jeans almost exclusively. He has/had a longish monochrome plaid button up, as well as a black and white buffalo check one. He had a black denim jacket and grey tee that he wore with grey washed skinny jeans that definitely resembled Dan’s most popular outfit during the TATINOf era. He had a black fuzzy jumper (with the word LOVE in white) that he wore with a black beret (and black heart leggings) for v-day last year. And has a nice plush black fuzzy hoodie currently. He also has some “aqua” pastel jeans and a similar colored button up inspired by Phil. He currently wants some black zip high tops and boots and has owned some very aesthetic shoes before. Art Class is a great line at Target for Dannish things for kids. And although it was Martyn that wore a black on black leopard print suit and it was a total coincidence my son picked out a tee like that, I think Dan would appreciate it. He’s growing out of most of it which makes me :’(
kay
phabergé

i definitely bought that tokyo ghoul shirt dan has and it's still available on the hot topic website ;) i get compliments on it every time i wear it out!

(which means i had to stop being a fake fan and actually watch all the seasons of it.)

https://www.hottopic.com/product/tokyo- ... 93137.html
kavat
pastel persona

I got this jumper from Zara a couple of years ago because it looks like the one Dan has. It has shrunk a bit in the wash so it's no longer that oversized, but I still love it. It's got both red and black stripes but it was the closest thing I could find with the right fit.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I'm wearing the same fox jumper that Phil owns right now, its something I would have bought for myself and so the moment I saw him wear it I HAD to have it. One of my favorite pieces ever. I bought a beloved sweater that immediately reminded me of Dan's alexander mcqueen grid jumper I also own the "No Fun" shirt by Savannah Brown, that was one that I saw on twitter for a few weeks (and thought it was cute) but the moment Dan wore it I bought it.
theres a few other "inspired" looks that definitely fit snugly into my wardrobe, although my style is definitely closer aligned to Dan