Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
anushwa
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:52 pm 1) pancake day instastory PLEASE! Those old tweets are amazing (lol). That man has an insatiable sweet tooth

2) Dan liked a bunch of art on tumblr- one of which is that lovely comic style about “where’s dan? Where he wants to be” (sorry, I’m on my phone and can’t link). It just warms my heart that he saw it :love2:
<3 it's beautiful and it makes me very happy that he saw it too <3 (tysm, i know how to embed.... now)
Last edited by alittledizzy on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

He's liking some quality art. That looks like the pane of the last page of a comic about Dan i'd like to read :tu:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
noodlebum
flower crown

Aw, I just watched their last liveshow and miss them :( They didn't say they would be pausing too, so a bit sad really. They seemed cheery enough, and both seemed raring to go with new backgrounds, videos, baking videos, ideas etc.

I wish Dan or both of them did a liveshow just as a little catch-up.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao Phil liked this on twitter
liola
rankussy

Right before I way going to bed, Phil has blessed me. He truly is carrying the whole universe on his shoulders :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

Last edited by rizzo on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Happy Phil's 3rd Favourite Holiday of the Year everyone! :pancakes:

In other news, I've been watching a lot of gaming videos from 2017-8 back bc of course I'm starting to really miss DAPG. But anyway I became really endeared by Dan's constant "oh deaaaar" "ooohhhh what a shaaame" sarcastic posh voice making fun of Phil when he messes up in games (especially noticed it a lot in the golf vids) and then sometimes the like porpoise noises and that silly face he makes? You know? And I was wondering if there was a compilation of that high pitched voice he does??? Since there seem to be compilations of all their little quirks, and I could almost swear I've seen one a while ago............... Anyway yeah they're cute.... Like even when he makes that voice to mock him it still makes Phil smile.........

EDIT: stop being so damn pretty, Phil Lester!!!!!!
Last edited by BuffyFiona on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

we’ve been graced with phil’s face today and i am not taking it for granted <3
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

that asshole knows he’s pretty.

absolutely rude.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Seems I’m the only Phillie not bothered by that photo. It’s nice he’s posted and yay pancake toppings, that’s cute I guess, but my main thought is that his jumper looks new expensive and what is that wooden (?) background. I’m still having an rsi/no work etc slump and shouldn’t even be here, hands a-tingling, my interest is still there but :shrug:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

flarequake wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm Seems I’m the only Phillie not bothered by that photo. It’s nice he’s posted and yay pancake toppings, that’s cute I guess, but my main thought is that his jumper looks new expensive and what is that wooden (?) background. I’m still having an rsi/no work etc slump and shouldn’t even be here, hands a-tingling, my interest is still there but :shrug:
we’ve seen that background in one of dan’s ~aesthetic~ photos before and for some reason I’ve now got it in my head that it’s their elevator, given the lighting.

could also be a wall or something. or somewhere in the IRL offices? def a shared space though.
Phantasy
woodland creature

liola wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 pm Right before I way going to bed, Phil has blessed me. He truly is carrying the whole universe on his shoulders :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

*swoons*
I know he joked about looking like he was going for a run in his caption, but he looks so healthy and fit lately!

It’s a pretty safe bet that Dan’s been spending part of this hiatus focusing on exercise (probably as a tie-in to mental well-being), I wonder if Phil’s been keeping the same regimen? I know they usually go through their health kicks in tandem (gym memberships, running, personal trainer, boxing lessons, etc), but I’ve been wondering if Dan is on some sort of personal health journey or if Phil’s been right there with him (just on the downlow)?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:34 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:32 pm Seems I’m the only Phillie not bothered by that photo. It’s nice he’s posted and yay pancake toppings, that’s cute I guess, but my main thought is that his jumper looks new expensive and what is that wooden (?) background. I’m still having an rsi/no work etc slump and shouldn’t even be here, hands a-tingling, my interest is still there but :shrug:
we’ve seen that background in one of dan’s ~aesthetic~ photos before and for some reason I’ve now got it in my head that it’s their elevator, given the lighting.

could also be a wall or something. or somewhere in the IRL offices? def a shared space though.
There's a mirror in the back of Dan's plus he's kind of in a corner so that makes me think the elevator theory has merit.
susan2
rainbow nerd

phil looks well rested

guess they're both working out again, good for them
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dear Phil. Thank you for having that face and sharing it with us.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Philena
blobfish

I keep telling myself I don't like him in that way, but, jesus, do I want to bite his bottom lip. :ribena:
knq
lava lamp

Dan tweeted about liking the lighting in that lift last year.

Also Phil liked Tyler Oakley’s tweet about his video where he reviews butt enhancing underwear, because of course he did.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Phantasy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:44 pm It’s a pretty safe bet that Dan’s been spending part of this hiatus focusing on exercise (probably as a tie-in to mental well-being), I wonder if Phil’s been keeping the same regimen? I know they usually go through their health kicks in tandem (gym memberships, running, personal trainer, boxing lessons, etc), but I’ve been wondering if Dan is on some sort of personal health journey or if Phil’s been right there with him (just on the downlow)?
Based on Phil's last video, it seems like Phil is joining Dan on runs (at least some of the time/when Dan started in January):
itasca00 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 am
  • [2:50] Phil reveals that he googled “Running in the cold burns lungs” on January 16, 2019. Now, let me think...who else that we all know and love took up running in January? 😏
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
starwatersong
phabergé

For posterity’s sake.

Also, bless you, Phil. :love2:
Last edited by lefthandedism on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
autumnhearth
senpai

BuffyFiona wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 pm Happy Phil's 3rd Favourite Holiday of the Year everyone! :pancakes:

In other news, I've been watching a lot of gaming videos from 2017-8 back bc of course I'm starting to really miss DAPG. But anyway I became really endeared by Dan's constant "oh deaaaar" "ooohhhh what a shaaame" sarcastic posh voice making fun of Phil when he messes up in games (especially noticed it a lot in the golf vids) and then sometimes the like porpoise noises and that silly face he makes? You know? And I was wondering if there was a compilation of that high pitched voice he does??? Since there seem to be compilations of all their little quirks, and I could almost swear I've seen one a while ago............... Anyway yeah they're cute.... Like even when he makes that voice to mock him it still makes Phil smile.........

EDIT: stop being so damn pretty, Phil Lester!!!!!!
My husband and I love the “oh dear” teasing and I know exactly what you mean by the porpoise noises (he claps/flaps sometimes too yeah?) I will happily spend today watching compilations searching for one with high pitched voices, but for now here is one just with “oh dear”
Apparently Phil’s selfie seeped into my brain as that warm burl wood was the aesthetic of their new home in my dream. And like the post of the selfie, I missed the short vlogs they posted from there by a few hours, so I was very confused when I saw someone on Tumblr complaining that we couldn’t be expected to believe that *Dan* actually slept in that closet sized room. I was like what are they talking about? Dan’s bedroom is huge. Then my brain supplied me the footage and he had a twin sized bed tucked in the back corner of an oddly shaped room that had an office area, a seating/filming area and a bathroom right in the middle. But damn their counter, sink, taps, mirror, walls and bathroom accessories were fancy. And just so surprisingly rich and warm for them. A tour of more of the house and a step outside to a balcony revealed that it wasn’t a penthouse, but a super swanky chalet in the middle of a national forest.
starwatersong
phabergé

:lol: That was totally the Gamingmas of “Oh deaaar...”

This made me pause today — was it really only a year ago?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

starwatersong wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:59 pm :lol: That was totally the Gamingmas of “Oh deaaar...”

This made me pause today — was it really only a year ago?
The hair makes me feel like that picture should be five years old.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Youtube recommended me a video about the hiatus, and because I'm such a productive person, I watched it.

I had a good time comparing the types of fans listed in the video to what I'm seeing in my corners of the phandom. It sounds pretty spot on to me, except I haven't seen anyone searching for their address... thankfully.

On another note, Phil's selfie was amazing and it could only be made better by glasses. Luckily, someone on twitter pulled through :lol:
That hoodie looks so soft. Has anyone found it in a shop? I'm curious about the price.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Ablissa wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:27 pm
That hoodie looks so soft. Has anyone found it in a shop? I'm curious about the price.
I have absolutely no idea how to do a tumblr embed thing but
Last edited by lefthandedism on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpikyLeaf
phillion/danosaur <//3

I can't believe crabstickz uploaded before dan did.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

completely random post after seventeen years of inactivity, but i'm listening through solange's new album and one of the interludes (we deal with the freak'n) samples the music dan used for the sexy endscreen dance and i couldn't stop laughing-- i know dan is a big fan of the album per his twitter replies so i need to hear him talk about this, please and thank you