Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Locked
User avatar
knq
haru pillow
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by knq » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:03 am

Another theory to throw into the pile: In the Dab and Evan apartment episode Dan's quite adamant that when they moved into an unfurnished place in London they were 'sat on the floor crying for about a month' and advises against anyone moving into an unfurnished flat. So maybe they've found wherever they're about to move to next but they refuse to move in until they've fully furnished and decorated it. Which, with their tendency towards perfectionism... :sparkle: Forever Home 2024! :sparkle:



User avatar
lesterchuu
philussy
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pronouns: he/she/they
Location: canada

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by lesterchuu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 am

knq wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:03 am
Another theory to throw into the pile: In the Dab and Evan apartment episode Dan's quite adamant that when they moved into an unfurnished place in London they were 'sat on the floor crying for about a month' and advises against anyone moving into an unfurnished flat. So maybe they've found wherever they're about to move to next but they refuse to move in until they've fully furnished and decorated it. Which, with their tendency towards perfectionism... :sparkle: Forever Home 2024! :sparkle:
its ok, my tinfoil hat is durable enough to stand the test of time, just like their love for each other :love2: :love2: :love2:
Image
"you are next to me in my life"

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

The kind of conspiracy theories floating are now are the ones that make me need to turn my tumblr askbox off. I got four asks saying 'dan moved out :(' and my heart sank before I remembered people have the continuous habit of reading someone's theory and thinking it's fact even though it makes literally no sense and is just an emotional reaction to the fact that we can't see inside their lives right now and we want to assume there's a reason besides Dan just doesn't want us to. The guy has been (over)sharing his life on the internet since he was eighteen and spent a vast part of the last couple of years showingly increasingly more and more. While I'm in as much of a pining state as anyone else, I don't think it's the unhealthiest thing in the world for him to to pause on the internet knowing his every move and thought.

My stance on it is pretty obvious. I think they're in a long term committed relationship that I don't in any way feel is in danger. They traveled together in January twice out of town, including the birthday trip to Isle of Man. Dan's voice in the game night instagram a few weeks ago was very, very obvious. Phil even gushed over what birthday present Dan got him! From my stance of them being in a relationship for almost a decade, I don't necessarily know that Phil would be as openly and happily sharing things if Dan were packing up his own boxes and moving out.

If you don't think they're together, then yeah, I don't have much of an argument for you and I can see why the panic would be greater. But since I do, Dan moving out is not even remotely on my radar. I think they're both moving, and I think it'll be within the next month or so, and I think that - as someone else said and if it weren't 2 am right now I'd go back and look it up - that Dan just doesn't have the capacity to focus on more than one big thing at a time (whether that's them moving, a depressive episode, a project - we don't know that tend of it) and Phil does.

It's not a movie or a tv show. There doesn't have to be a narrative plot point behind everything that will provide emotional resolution to us, the viewer, neither good nor bad. So spending time on guesses and theories that upset you (and yeah, I realize some people are gonna respond saying it doesn't upset them, but it obviously does upset 99% of people) and just spread contagious panic isn't going to make anything more or less true - it's just gonna make you sad during the span of time we don't know anything. Not that I'm saying anyone isn't allowed to still speculate however they want, because you definitely still can, just - know that saying it and having people go 'omg, you're right, what it--' in bigger and bigger numbers doesn't mean anything besides that panic is contagious.

Phantasy
eclipse shirt
Posts: 378
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:33 am

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by Phantasy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:37 am

alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am
The kind of conspiracy theories floating are now are the ones that make me need to turn my tumblr askbox off. I got four asks saying 'dan moved out :(' and my heart sank before I remembered people have the continuous habit of reading someone's theory and thinking it's fact even though it makes literally no sense and is just an emotional reaction to the fact that we can't see inside their lives right now and we want to assume there's a reason besides Dan just doesn't want us to. The guy has been (over)sharing his life on the internet since he was eighteen and spent a vast part of the last couple of years showingly increasingly more and more. While I'm in as much of a pining state as anyone else, I don't think it's the unhealthiest thing in the world for him to to pause on the internet knowing his every move and thought.

My stance on it is pretty obvious. I think they're in a long term committed relationship that I don't in any way feel is in danger. They traveled together in January twice out of town, including the birthday trip to Isle of Man. Dan's voice in the game night instagram a few weeks ago was very, very obvious. Phil even gushed over what birthday present Dan got him! From my stance of them being in a relationship for almost a decade, I don't necessarily know that Phil would be as openly and happily sharing things if Dan were packing up his own boxes and moving out.

If you don't think they're together, then yeah, I don't have much of an argument for you and I can see why the panic would be greater. But since I do, Dan moving out is not even remotely on my radar. I think they're both moving, and I think it'll be within the next month or so, and I think that - as someone else said and if it weren't 2 am right now I'd go back and look it up - that Dan just doesn't have the capacity to focus on more than one big thing at a time (whether that's them moving, a depressive episode, a project - we don't know that tend of it) and Phil does.

It's not a movie or a tv show. There doesn't have to be a narrative plot point behind everything that will provide emotional resolution to us, the viewer, neither good nor bad. So spending time on guesses and theories that upset you (and yeah, I realize some people are gonna respond saying it doesn't upset them, but it obviously does upset 99% of people) and just spread contagious panic isn't going to make anything more or less true - it's just gonna make you sad during the span of time we don't know anything. Not that I'm saying anyone isn't allowed to still speculate however they want, because you definitely still can, just - know that saying it and having people go 'omg, you're right, what it--' in bigger and bigger numbers doesn't mean anything besides that panic is contagious.
Alas, the sobering voice of reason in this community; when we are lost in the storm, you are the steady light guiding us back to port, Dizzy.

Of course you’re right, there’s nothing productive yielded from the conspiracy theory talk—for my part the irrationality seeps in when there is an absence of information, or narrative, as you put it—there’s such a strong want to be satiated with continuous story that’s when the output diminishes the void fills with illogical thought fueled by fears of missing out and perhaps abandonment in some way.

We’ve become gluttonous with years of “giving people what they want” so now I think it’s hard to reconcile this period of time with a shifted focus on what Dan and Phil want, which *gulp* may not in fact align with what the people expect or want.

I do believe unfortunately that there will continue to be a swell of wild conjectures and irrational thoughts for the time being until, if it goes on long enough, some level of acceptance may start to set in. I wish I had a better example, but for some reason Troye comes to mind when he stopped youtube and generally withdrew from social media for long stretches—of course he was focusing on music (and, a bit more cynically, his boyfriend(s)), but it took him like a year or 2 to even admit or acknowledge he moved on from YouTube and I know that left a lot of people sore. I don’t think that even Dan is capable of turning off the tap to that degree, but it may be on people’s mind.

They’ve given so much of themselves, and they owe nothing of course, but this is an adjustment period for the community—and kudos at least to Phil for understanding this audience well enough (and having the personal resolve) to pop up once in a while and signal all’s well.

User avatar
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by Stakhanov » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am

Speculation is the bread and butter of this forum. That's why this place has created so many theories and why so many 'gates' get discussed at great length. We all construct our own narratives and plot points about them when speculating about these issues. In search of emotional comfort and resolution or not. Personally, adopting this view helps me to put things in perspective and to take a more sanguine approach to any possible D&P scenario. That said I wouldn't see reason to panic even if they moved out separately. I view a possible move as just the next competing theory that tries to guess what they are up to.

It's no secret that I think Dan and Phil aren't a romantic couple. Given their life circumstances I think there's always a chance that they will move out separately. It's very hard to say how big that chance is because even while I don't think they have the 'automatic' motive to live together as couples do, they sure seem to value living with one another a lot. They are very selective in who they feel comfortable to live and have a particular lifestyle that wouldn't suit every cohabitant. They find support in living with each other as best friends. Living together is arguably their best antidote against isolation and the easiest way to balance the needs they have with the freedom they want. On top of that, there are (or were at least) good professional and financial reasons to stick together.
In short even while they said they weren't planning on a move (but who knows) and even while I think they aren't a couple, I still think there's a good chance that they would move together again because the fundamentals of why I think they like to live together hasn't really changed. Basically I only see them getting their own place if they entered a committed relationship or were making a very deliberate decision to change up the way they live.
Sadly the Mug Prophecies are silent about this :lol:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly

User avatar
glitterintheair
janice from the shop
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by glitterintheair » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am

People are just getting tired of passively waiting for something to happen, especially when there's no way of knowing what exactly they're waiting for. Is it gonna be something good? Or is it gonna be bad? Again, we don't know. So, in a situation where we've got zero info to work with, what's the best thing to do? Be optimistic - risking to get let down - or be pessimistic - risking to spread panic within your community, probably for nothing? You might say "just wait", but it's not easy, we're in a period where nothing else is happening and people either are bored and anxious so they start speculating or they just... leave. And before you say it, yeah, yeah, I know that Phil is out there uploading but that's not enough to keep everyone entertained long enough and distract them from everything else. And the more time passes, the more time goes on without dnp acknowledging that there's something odd going on, the louder those theories and speculations will get.

Also, I wanna say that after the last liveshow (rip) they did where they dropped two bombs out of nowhere - pinof ending and dapg going on hiatus - I can't really blame people for being antsy and jumping to the worst case scenarios., even if they're ridiculous, because I feel like it's just a way to protect themselves, at this point.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm

glitterintheair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am
People are just getting tired of passively waiting for something to happen, especially when there's no way of knowing what exactly they're waiting for. Is it gonna be something good? Or is it gonna be bad? Again, we don't know. So, in a situation where we've got zero info to work with, what's the best thing to do? Be optimistic - risking to get let down - or be pessimistic - risking to spread panic within your community, probably for nothing? You might say "just wait", but it's not easy, we're in a period where nothing else is happening and people either are bored and anxious so they start speculating or they just... leave. And before you say it, yeah, yeah, I know that Phil is out there uploading but that's not enough to keep everyone entertained long enough and distract them from everything else. And the more time passes, the more time goes on without dnp acknowledging that there's something odd going on, the louder those theories and speculations will get.
My point isn't to just say just wait, or that people have to be positive. My overall intention was more just to remind people that because you see a theory more than once doesn't make it more true. People are very susceptible to the power of suggestion and the louder some theories/speculation get, the more people who wouldn't have on their own have them jump on board and believe them. I said this before, and hopefully this won't trigger another cycle of the same argument, because of course people are allowed to speculate and I definitely said that in my post - but I don't think it's bad or wrong for someone else to want to speak up disagreeing with the worst case scenario assumptions.
glitterintheair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am
Also, I wanna say that after the last liveshow (rip) they did where they dropped two bombs out of nowhere - pinof ending and dapg going on hiatus - I can't really blame people for being antsy and jumping to the worst case scenarios., even if they're ridiculous, because I feel like it's just a way to protect themselves, at this point.
I do get that. But also remember the one thing they stressed repeatedly in that liveshow was that it wasn't a life thing, and I believe them on that.

User avatar
coffeepenguin
cheeky #spon
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: France

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by coffeepenguin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:20 pm

Or maybe Dan's just been glued 24/7 to the shit show that is Brexit right now (and has been for the last two months especially) and he doesn't have any brain power left to think or talk about anything else, especially given the state of his channel last year and his audience's reaction to everything he does :? I know I don't and I don't even live in the UK (jk but not really) :lol:

I'm a multifandom person, so Dan not being (very) present hasn't been bothering me that much, and I realised that I can't even watch old videos or compilations that you guys have been suggesting, because they almost always include old videos, and old videos make me cringe too much (I'm old, I know, it's a combination of that super cringy humor that was popular back then, deppy being too young and defensive about their relationship, with an occasional thrown emphasis on their heterosexuality bordering on sexism). But yesterday I watched one only covering last year and oh, it turns out I do miss Dan and them together :cry: Anyway, Dan moving out alone is ridiculous to me, if only because he doesn't do well on his own, he's talked about it plenty of times :shrug:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum

User avatar
glitterintheair
janice from the shop
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by glitterintheair » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:33 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm
glitterintheair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am
People are just getting tired of passively waiting for something to happen, especially when there's no way of knowing what exactly they're waiting for. Is it gonna be something good? Or is it gonna be bad? Again, we don't know. So, in a situation where we've got zero info to work with, what's the best thing to do? Be optimistic - risking to get let down - or be pessimistic - risking to spread panic within your community, probably for nothing? You might say "just wait", but it's not easy, we're in a period where nothing else is happening and people either are bored and anxious so they start speculating or they just... leave. And before you say it, yeah, yeah, I know that Phil is out there uploading but that's not enough to keep everyone entertained long enough and distract them from everything else. And the more time passes, the more time goes on without dnp acknowledging that there's something odd going on, the louder those theories and speculations will get.
My point isn't to just say just wait, or that people have to be positive. My overall intention was more just to remind people that because you see a theory more than once doesn't make it more true. People are very susceptible to the power of suggestion and the louder some theories/speculation get, the more people who wouldn't have on their own have them jump on board and believe them. I said this before, and hopefully this won't trigger another cycle of the same argument, because of course people are allowed to speculate and I definitely said that in my post - but I don't think it's bad or wrong for someone else to want to speak up disagreeing with the worst case scenario assumptions.
No, you're right and I genuinely appreciate you and everyone speaking up to disagree with those assumptions. However, I think the problem here is that assumptions keep on resurfacing every few days and unfortunately that's not gonna stop until we get some clarity from dnp - now it's about Dan moving out, tomorrow will be about Phil moving out, the day after tomorrow will be about Dan quitting youtube, and so on. People who are more rational and/or have a more positive attitude will try to brighten the mood, while the others will just be convinced that everything is ending and nothing will make them change their minds. The phandom is well-known to be dramatic and often comes up with wild speculations and theories even when we do get consistent content and a clearer idea of what dnp are up to, so imagine now.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

User avatar
noodlebum
procrastinator
Posts: 311
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:00 pm
Location: UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by noodlebum » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Ok, has anyone else watched these WWE youtuber videos? I was trying to find something else entirely, but managed to come across this. It's ridiculous and hilarious :lol:


firsttimeposter
spork
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by firsttimeposter » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

My stance on it is pretty obvious. I think they're in a long term committed relationship that I don't in any way feel is in danger. They traveled together in January twice out of town, including the birthday trip to Isle of Man. Dan's voice in the game night instagram a few weeks ago was very, very obvious.Phil even gushed over what birthday present Dan got him! From my stance of them being in a relationship for almost a decade, I don't necessarily know that Phil would be as openly and happily sharing things if Dan were packing up his own boxes and moving out.
wow I do not remember that story at all, can ya refresh my memory? :D

User avatar
madzilla84
glabella
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by madzilla84 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:32 pm

firsttimeposter wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:25 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 am

My stance on it is pretty obvious. I think they're in a long term committed relationship that I don't in any way feel is in danger. They traveled together in January twice out of town, including the birthday trip to Isle of Man. Dan's voice in the game night instagram a few weeks ago was very, very obvious.Phil even gushed over what birthday present Dan got him! From my stance of them being in a relationship for almost a decade, I don't necessarily know that Phil would be as openly and happily sharing things if Dan were packing up his own boxes and moving out.
wow I do not remember that story at all, can ya refresh my memory? :D
I think it's this one from early February...

User avatar
Ablissa
pastel persona
Posts: 1338
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by Ablissa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Just a heads up that our 48h stream of Dan and Phil Games is still going!
We just started 2017. We have many hours to go, so hop in :)

https://www.rabb.it/s/8gx5x4

User avatar
daichii
rainbow nerd
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:49 am
Pronouns: she | her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by daichii » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm

I think Dan is working on a solo project, maybe a book or something like that. How much of a success it could be based on how neglected the fandom has been remains to be seen. I just don't see him taking such a long break without having a creative outlet.

The only thing that will make me think he is just sitting there is that he is on a very bad place mentally and can't manage anything (been there).

About moving, they managed to move out while touring or preparing the tour nd making videos for dapg, ap and one or two for dinof (if I recall correctly) so I don't see it that being the reason for the long hiatus on Dan's side.
Image

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:14 pm

daichii wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:11 pm
About moving, they managed to move out while touring or preparing the tour nd making videos for dapg, ap and one or two for dinof (if I recall correctly) so I don't see it that being the reason for the long hiatus on Dan's side.
I think moving from one apartment to another apartment is probably a whole lot different than moving into a place they've bought, that they have the freedom to fully furnish (if nothing else based on Phil's stress over the stains on the furniture, we know the stuff in their living flat already came with the place) and renovate if they want. I could definitely see the process of a house or even a flat they own taking way longer than moving did before.

User avatar
knq
haru pillow
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by knq » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Phil + weather
At first I thought he took that standing in the hail but now I think the oddness on the screen is the reflection from recording through glass. Good! Apparently I subscribe to the theory that being too cold totally makes young healthy people ill when it comes to Phil. :shrug:

User avatar
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:27 pm
Pronouns: he / him

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by Stakhanov » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Looks like the weather in London is very similar to the weather here today.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly

User avatar
dancy
procrastinator
Posts: 313
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by dancy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm

alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm
glitterintheair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am
Also, I wanna say that after the last liveshow (rip) they did where they dropped two bombs out of nowhere - pinof ending and dapg going on hiatus - I can't really blame people for being antsy and jumping to the worst case scenarios., even if they're ridiculous, because I feel like it's just a way to protect themselves, at this point.
I do get that. But also remember the one thing they stressed repeatedly in that liveshow was that it wasn't a life thing, and I believe them on that.
Wouldn't moving be considered a life thing though, rather than part of a creative break?

User avatar
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Posts: 5048
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:09 pm
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by alittledizzy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:34 pm

dancy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:02 pm
alittledizzy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:43 pm
glitterintheair wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am
Also, I wanna say that after the last liveshow (rip) they did where they dropped two bombs out of nowhere - pinof ending and dapg going on hiatus - I can't really blame people for being antsy and jumping to the worst case scenarios., even if they're ridiculous, because I feel like it's just a way to protect themselves, at this point.
I do get that. But also remember the one thing they stressed repeatedly in that liveshow was that it wasn't a life thing, and I believe them on that.
Wouldn't moving be considered a life thing though, rather than part of a creative break?
Yeah but I think the emphasis was on the break being from the channel, as it work related, not from each other which would be a 'life thing.'

User avatar
autumnhearth
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by autumnhearth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 am

Here’s a theory: Dan stayed on the Isle of Man after Phil birthday. He needed solitude to do some soul searching. But don’t worry, Kath makes sure he get three meals a day and he has five hour Skype calls with Phil every night. (They could FaceTime but it’s more nostalgic this way.) He even video chats during game nights with their friends. Phil will probably come collect him on Father’s Day.

User avatar
knq
haru pillow
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by knq » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:04 am

autumnhearth wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:27 am
Phil will probably come collect him on Father’s Day.
Most cursed thing that's been said this year.

User avatar
flarequake
three-coloured eyes
Posts: 2113
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:55 pm
Pronouns: She/her
Location: London, UK

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by flarequake » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:32 pm

:rofl: Father’s Day, brilliant. Also I think that’s after Dan’s birthday, he’s got loads of time to search every nook and cranny of his soul, assuming it’s not actually a void (anyone watch The Good Place, there’s a void in that, things get a bit messy in a fun way). Anyway, we have no real idea what he’s up to, or Phil beyond his videos, if anything even is changing (tweets and ig from both have stayed on-brand). I’m not totally sold on the moving theory, though it does seem plausible, I just know how peaceful it can be to withdraw generally and I easily project that onto Dan.

Watchfest was fun, I only joined for a while on Saturday night, but it was a good time. They’ve been such a comfort for nearly four years now, rewatching is lovely.

User avatar
starwatersong
hobbit hair
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:42 pm
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Canada

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by starwatersong » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Same.

User avatar
autumnhearth
full-time internet hobo
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:44 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: OH, USA

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by autumnhearth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:48 pm

knq wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:04 am
autumnhearth wrote: Phil will probably come collect him on Father’s Day.
Most cursed thing that's been said this year.
:oops: Any daddy implication was not my intention at all, I was just remembering them visiting then a few years ago, I swear.



I thought about saying Mother’s Day because it was closer (especially in the UK) but I couldn’t think of a time that Phil mentioned going north for it. Which is really odd now that I think of it. Someone prove me wrong please, I am unsettled.

Great compilation, but now I want to hear every laugh they both made from the first pinof onward. It would be hours long. I loved the watchfest as well, I dipped in quite a bit. Thank you so much to the hosts!

User avatar
glitterintheair
janice from the shop
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:56 am
Pronouns: she/her
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Post by glitterintheair » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm

autumnhearth wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:48 pm
I thought about saying Mother’s Day because it was closer (especially in the UK) but I couldn’t think of a time that Phil mentioned going north for it. Which is really odd now that I think of it. Someone prove me wrong please, I am unsettled.
Phil went up north for Mother's Day last year (it was the 11th).
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.

Locked