Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Ataraxia25 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:12 pm He gave me heart palpitations. I'm overreacting i guess but I could actually cry right now, I realised with full force that I miss him a lot.
oh i am currently sitting in a meeting at work with teary eyes. didn't realize a new pic would affect me this hard but here we are. i get you.

:happytears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

kavat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 pm Oh Dan :( I'm guessing him posting is a good sign but he looks like someone who has had a rough time. I hope he gets some sunlight and a lot of hugs.
Based on the freckles, I'd say he's getting sun! If he's been in self care mode the past few months, it seems like runs outside might be a dedicated part of that routine.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I think Dan's definitely a real stunner, but yeah looking at it more he looks tired, maybe a bit ill. I think, all things considered, he must be going through something, and my heart really goes out to him. I wanna give him a hug :( I do think that posting maybe means he's on an up, and I think I'll remain hopeful in that.

Edit: I also meant to say I wish Louise and Cat had more tact or like. common sense. their comments piss me off.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Louise and Cat replied on Dan's selfie. I kinda dislike both replies, but I hate Cat's.

On a happier note, Phil liked Dan's selfie :')
Last edited by Ablissa on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:22 pm
kavat wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:16 pm Oh Dan :( I'm guessing him posting is a good sign but he looks like someone who has had a rough time. I hope he gets some sunlight and a lot of hugs.
Based on the freckles, I'd say he's getting sun! If he's been in self care mode the past few months, it seems like runs outside might be a dedicated part of that routine.
I hope you are right. To me he looks pasty, but don't we all in the northern hemisphere this time of year.

Cat's comment calling him skinny really rubbed me the wrong way though.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:35 pm I think Dan's definitely a real stunner, but yeah looking at it more he looks tired, maybe a bit ill. I think, all things considered, he must be going through something, and my heart really goes out to him. I wanna give him a hug :( I do think that posting maybe means he's on an up, and I think I'll remain hopeful in that.

Edit: I also meant to say I wish Louise and Cat had more tact or like. common sense. their comments piss me off.
Seconding the Louise and Cat thing. C'mon dudes, think
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Louise needs to remember that text messaging exists.

Anyway, this is nice:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Thank gosh. I got bad news in my personal life today and this somehow helped with it.

Poor thing looks tired but even to my lesbian ass he’s an objectively gorgeous human. I hope he’s getting the oodles of affirmation he needs. *waters dan like plant*
Ablissa
pastel persona

Oh, a Dan and Phil shop spring sale... hm.
Things are VERY discounted. The bunny slippers went down from 19 pounds to 6. And you get a free Dil plushie if you buy two sale items.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I don’t have much to add except that his beautiful photo made me feel A Lot but mostly extremely emotional; I really had missed him. Still a bit teary. And then the series of small heart attacks as I got notifs for his photo, his story, Phil’s story, Phil’s retweet, the store email all within a few minutes, like what the h e l l lmao

Also I nearly bought the Dil plushie the other day, so this is very good timing!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
dontpanic
#relatable

sometimes I forget how big his hands are. That's all.
autumnhearth
senpai

Gotta prove half the brand is alive before you promote merch I guess :|

Not sure if bleating chicks was a joke or a typo :?
Philena
blobfish

Seems like he is wanting to show a grittier, more raw side of himself. This is the least filtered (and most realistic imo) he has looked in an insta photo, and I like really like it.
Last edited by Philena on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

I mean If Dan selfie was made just to promo the merch we would've gotten way more pictures in these moments. He didn't even post a pic to promo his own mug. It is good timing since the phandom is all rising from the ashes
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Grey
lady door

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 pm Gotta prove half the brand is alive before you promote merch I guess :|
My thoughts as well.

When I first looked at the photo, I thought it looked like he had been crying. Upon second look, maybe not. He does look handsome of course because ... well... he’s Dan. I hope he’s okay... :/
I'm having a stress.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

Phantasy wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:13 pm Meanwhile, mama Louise...

I’m not sure if he’s going for slightly tired or slightly sultry (or both), but I feel blessed by the post either way.
I totally had the same reaction that Louise had. Maybe it's just because my whole family has sad puffy allergy eyes and I've been giving out benadryl like it's water, but all I see are sleepy allergy eyes here.

It looks worse on my phone than on the computer screen though.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I know this is the opposite effect of what he wanted but now I'm just more worried about him.
Afunnyworld
sofa crease

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:59 pm Gotta prove half the brand is alive before you promote merch I guess :|
I don't want to be negative but this is is exactly how I see it. The lack of a joint brand over the last few months has probably been very bad for IRL sales. I think that they may have at the very least suggested that posting a picture could be helpful. The way Phil also promoted their joint merch sale right after really makes it seem this way.

It doesn't make it any less exciting to see Dan's face and insta stories again. And of course it is possible that the merch plug was just a coincidence, to me depends on if this is the definitive moment where he ends his hiatus or if he just goes right back to being silent for the next month.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I don't understand why people who can message him privately don't do it. Like, i wonder how Louise would feel if someone commented one of her pics the same way she did with Dan's. Oh well, i guess it's not that surprising that she and Cat are not really that close with Dan and Phil anymore.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan's selfie... scares me a bit. He looks like he has dropped a massive amount of weight and his face looks gaunt. I just hope that he is healthy. Posting at all is progress, I just hope that this supposed good moment lasts for him.

Cat and her skinny comment need to fuck off. I totally get Louise's concern and think it's genuine, but sis has his number and should've asked about his health privately.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Philena
blobfish

Catallena wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 pm Dan's selfie... scares me a bit. He looks like he has dropped a massive amount of weight and his face looks gaunt. I just hope that he is healthy. Posting at all is progress, I just hope that this supposed good moment lasts for him.

Cat and her skinny comment need to fuck off. I totally get Louise's concern and think it's genuine, but sis has his number and should've asked about his health privately.
Cat is just ignorant.

Also, I can understand why some people are more worried, but I really feel like this was Dan's attempt at showing a picture that shows him in a truthful way. No polish, no filter. He looks gorgeous and realistic to me. When I met him at ii I was taken aback by how different he looked without all the polish and filters, even with stage makeup on. This is the person. I remember meeting.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

update: i immediately noticed the louise comment but i went back and its not there so....
also yeah cat’s comment can fuck off :roll:
knq
lava lamp

Welp, I survived 1 year, 2 weeks, and 1 day in the phandom without actively disliking Cat. I did my best. :shrug:

I don't know Miss Benny but Dan seems to like a lot of her posts, so I'm pleased he's getting that affirmation from someone he admires. I'm not sure what else to make of the photo or of the sale. Time will tell I guess.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

It hurts to think that he's had such a rough time, or is still going through it. I definitely pick up on some sadness in his eyes that... worry me even more. I miss him and take this picture as more of a sign that he misses us to and wants to say hi. That's what I hope.

About the picture being honest and genuine: it's very ambiguous to me. I'm not saying it's "not a genuine picture" (what would that even mean) but it does looks very, very polished to me. The hand on his shoulder, the angle, the expression. I mean it's a brilliant pose and very 'construed' in that sense, but I do think behind that there is an honest intent to show his genuine feelings. It's probably pic no 78 or something of a series where he's trying to get the aesthetic right. The way people need to act to appear 'honest' on social media is so weird.

I hope you're doing ok Dan <3
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
firsttimeposter
living flop

I don’t think he looks tired, perhaps more of a purposeful pose which makes him look a bit sad haha. It’s so good to see his face though, now I can’t wait to figure out if this is yet another “I’m not dead, maybe a video soon, hey here’s a tweet” and then nothing again, which has been the pattern of 2019 so far. him posting Instagram stories makes me hopeful though. reading everyone else’s posts makes me seem a bit more chipper, I guess I’m just very happy for him to post on Instagram after three months time.

but ohhhhhh. his face!! god damn dan. he’s so fine.