Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I hope you're right. I hope he's feeling good. There's the IG story pic that's getting a lot less attention (because hey no sexy dan pic) where he just shows his shadow and does a peace sign, much like in the bath pic. Idk man. I can't say I worry less because he said that the tour gave him a sense of purpose and I'm not sure he's found something to replace that yet.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, there’s a surprise. I like the honesty of how he looks, though I’m also firmly on camp hope someone gives him a hug and that he keeps looking after himself. The silhouette ig story is simple, but effective too. I don’t expect this is him back and about to upload a video, sad to think he might have felt pressured due to the merch sale, though.

On that note, good way to find homes for all the remaining Dils. I mentioned it to friends on the train on my way home and of course they heard Dildo and were less surprised when I explained (they’ve heard of these two guys before).
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

I feel like that’s a very authentic picture of Dan. I just find myself relooking at it— like one of those pictures that changes.

The lack of black and white is throwing me off a bit clothing-wise. I loved Thomas Sanders and Miss Benny’s replies.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I don’t feel any less unsettled now that Dan has made a reappearance But like people have said at least he’s ready to make an appearance again which is progress.

As for the picture and some of the comments- Dan likes a lot of ben’s pictures on Instagram and with his comment I see people are shipping them now. I wonder how Phil feels about that If Dan and Phil are or were a thing because this is reminiscent of some of the interaction dnp used to have in the early days
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 am I don’t feel any less unsettled now that Dan has made a reappearance But like people have said at least he’s ready to make an appearance again which is progress.

As for the picture and some of the comments- Dan likes a lot of ben’s pictures on Instagram and with his comment I see people are shipping them now. I wonder how Phil feels about that If Dan and Phil are or were a thing because this is reminiscent of some of the interaction dnp used to have in the early days
Ben's 20, and I'd be shocked if Dan's interest in him went beyond having common tastes in music and Dan appreciating a young queer youtuber doing some really impressive things with his life. I really can't see Phil registering that as a threat in any capacity.
firsttimeposter
living flop

Amiaw wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 am As for the picture and some of the comments- Dan likes a lot of ben’s pictures on Instagram and with his comment I see people are shipping them now. I wonder how Phil feels about that If Dan and Phil are or were a thing because this is reminiscent of some of the interaction dnp used to have in the early days
I see it more as two gays being really into each other aesthetic wise and probably admire each other as people/artists. I see this with like tyler oakley or someone like that all the time, couldn’t imagine it leading to more. their friendship (if not more) is great though, benny comments on so many of dan’s pictures which always makes my heart happy. and dan’s “xx” is definitely a different style of vocabulary/ writing compared to how we usually see dan replying to comments. I love it.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Catallena wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 pm Dan's selfie... scares me a bit. He looks like he has dropped a massive amount of weight and his face looks gaunt. I just hope that he is healthy. Posting at all is progress, I just hope that this supposed good moment lasts for him.

Cat and her skinny comment need to fuck off. I totally get Louise's concern and think it's genuine, but sis has his number and should've asked about his health privately.
+1 to all of this.

It’s nice to see him posting again because I did miss him, but I do feel worried about him, probably more so now than before he posted. I hope he’s okay.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

@Amiaw My sense is that his like for Ben is born out of an artistic appreciation first, but then Dan loves to flirt with a lot of (queer) celebs. Both Dan and Phil are often pretty vocal about guys they find attractive :lol:

There's a couple of particular details that make me wonder if something is going on with someone (doesn't have to be Dan himself, though my guess is that has been experiencing a depressive episode regardless of what else is happening). There was the sudden hospitalization of Phil and there was Cornelia in (presumably) hospital clothing.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

missemma wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:33 am It’s nice to see him posting again because I did miss him, but I do feel worried about him, probably more so now than before he posted. I hope he’s okay.
Couldn't agree more. Before his post, a lot of people were speculating that he was going through a depressive episode. His photo pretty much confirmed those speculations. I know he's got Phil there with him and I'm sure he's getting support from friends and family as well as some sort of mental health professional, but I am still worried about his health. He looked ill in that photo.

I suppose the only thing I'm not worried about is Dan leaving Phil to shack up with some kid in the states. (Honestly, this fandom sometimes. I saw some truly ridiculous posts on tumblr.) Though, seeing the silly posts about Dan and Benny's instagram interaction did make me chuckle which cheered me up a bit.

I hope Dan starts to feel better soon.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Snowboy
smol bean
Pronouns: he/his

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 am
Amiaw wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 am I don’t feel any less unsettled now that Dan has made a reappearance But like people have said at least he’s ready to make an appearance again which is progress.

Ben's 20, and I'd be shocked if Dan's interest in him went beyond having common tastes in music and Dan appreciating a young queer youtuber doing some really impressive things with his life. I really can't see Phil registering that as a threat in any capacity.
Agreed. A lot of the gay/bi male YTers seem to care strongly about Benny, but it's much more of a "protective and supportive older brother" vibe rather than wanting to get into Benny's pants or whatever.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but I agree with everyone that says Dan seems to have lost a lot of weight in that picture. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing whether that's through lots and lots of exercise, or he hasn't been feeding himself properly.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Snowboy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:34 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 am

Agreed. A lot of the gay/bi male YTers seem to care strongly about Benny, but it's much more of a "protective and supportive older brother" vibe rather than wanting to get into Benny's pants or whatever.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but I agree with everyone that says Dan seems to have lost a lot of weight in that picture. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing whether that's through lots and lots of exercise, or he hasn't been feeding himself properly.
Supportive for sure. They have similar tases too in humor and music (and queer culture).

I actually see it more as respect and admiration on Dan’s part. Benny embraced his queerness so boldly and at such a young age I think Dan can’t help but be in awe. I don’t know what if any regrets Dan might have about his own personal journey with identity, but I can only surmise that Dan wished he had that same confidence early on.
autumnhearth
senpai

Where’s the frickin like button? These posts about Benny and Dan are so wholesome! I need to start watching them and Thomas Sanders :prideheart:
Oh look! Spring emojis! :springbutterfly: :springdog: :cherryblossom:
liola
rankussy

Does Phil's IG story mean he's up north or going to? It's mothers day this weekend I can't imagine he won't go if he has the time

I also wonder if we'll hear about any new video from him soon or if Dan's appearance yesterday means something is boiling in his lane
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

liola wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:44 pm Does Phil's IG story mean he's up north or going to? It's mothers day this weekend I can't imagine he won't go if he has the time
I immediately thought about this. I think he is up north.
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Hey everyone! Today is the last day of this IDB Watch Fest week.
Thanks for participating so far, and here are today's questions!

Theme: Post-baking universe vs The Dark Era
░░░ Today's Topic: 2012 vs 2018 - what changed?

> Was it a deliberate change or something unplanned?
> What do you think the turning point was in their content?

> What elements are present in their videos that wouldn't have been in 2012?

Previous Topics:
........Fandom culture throughout the years...
........People’s perception of Daniel Howell and Phil Lester
........Sexuality
........Opinions about their relationship with each other
........The video that must not be named
knq
lava lamp

Oh, I forgot Mother's Day is on a different day in the UK than the US. Probably no Phil video this weekend then. He seems to be going for a bi-weekly rather than a weekly upload schedule anyway.

Makes me think that replacing dead plants with fake ones is more of a thing you do before family visits than friends. Maybe Dan's mum and/or grandma came to London. No Colin pics if that's the case--not that I was expecting one--but I like thinking Dan won't have to visit his hometown if he doesn't want to as he's generally expressed negative experiences there over the years.

Can you bring dogs on trains in the UK? I'm really just a Colin stan hungry for Colin content.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh yeah, dogs can go on trains. Some shops and restaurants only accept guide dogs, but transport’s fine.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

theres a lot going on here but same
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I unreservedly love this picture. I love the nails and the messiness and the wine and the expression and what he's choosing to do with his time while Phil's on IoM.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Fuck. I love everything about this. I wanna say something smart and profound and whatever but I just don't have it in me.
I just love this picture, and Dan, and his stubble, and his eyes, and his nails, and the wine, and the smile. I just love Dan.
knq
lava lamp

Why is he so goddamn lovable? :happytears:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh Dan sweetie... :love2:

Well, that kinda explains things doesn't it? We as the phandom are collectively acting as a back up Phil when the real one goes up north for a few days. So that's why he let us know he's alive and stuff. Good for him.

And look at that, he learned how to nail polish (assuming he did it himself) without it looking messy during his hiatus as well :tu:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Like everyone : i love everything in this picture. I'm in love with this picture.
Dan I love you, okay?

edit : i'm still so shocked and pleased with how good his nail polish looks.
:gayaf:
Philena
blobfish

Ngl, this made my heart grow 3 sizes :love2:

Cheers, Dan! :ribena:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Aw my heart :happytears: <-- that's just my constant Dan feeling lol. He looks lovely and I love the nails. And what I love the most is of course Phil left and now he's tweeting about being lonely. Oh Dan :love1:

However, I did see this on twitter and now that I've looked at it too I'm a bit confused as to why his calendar says it's the 16th...