Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

knq wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:03 pm I don't think we do know those things?

There's plenty of ways to interpret what we see--and the phandom has been starved so each of those ways has probably been discussed ad nauseam somewhere--but to me, it seems most likely that his calendar app isn't broken, because he'd fix it, and he didn't curl up with his laptop and some wine to create a photo of something that didn't happen, because that's too much effort and pretty far-fetched.

It seems most reasonable to me that he wrote the tweet as a draft and took the photo on the 16th of some month because it was humorous and because he wanted to show off his nails, but he wasn't ready to show himself to the phandom until recently. That's obviously not the only interpretation, just one based on the many unknowns.

We don't know which month the 16th is from, we don't know whether 'alone' is meant to exclude Phil or not, and we don't know when Phil was or wasn't home, because both of them delay their tweets and IG stories. We don't even know if they still live there. :shrug:
I assumed it was the 16th of the same month which is when Phil tweeted he was at Tesco and posted the instagram videos of him at home so means Dan wasn’t home alone.

I do agree that the likelihood of him wanting to show off the nails is a thing and probably what prompted the tweet knowing that someone would ask to see some proof.

I think I might be the only person who doesn’t think they’re moving. I don’t want them to move. I believe they’ve let go of the filming flat but they’re still in the other one.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
anathema
morning quiff

I took a two-year break from the phandom (honestly I can't believe it's been that long) and I pop my head back in just in time to see everyone analyzing computer screens and reflections in photos... nothing has changed :lol: :ribena:
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:57 pm Ben's been a big fan of theirs since he started youtube (presumably before) and has - for literal years - regularly liked and replied to things Dan posts. Dan has also liked his replies on a fairly regular basis, I think the only difference this time is that Dan actually replied on instagram.

Ben would have been 14/15 at the time they first met so the idea that people are so restless they're latching onto Dan and Ben dating now - on the basis of that one reply and, I guess, just because they now know who Ben is and are noticing the likes - is really ridic to me.
I agree it's weird to see people shipping Ben and Dan together. If I remember correctly, didn't a lot of his following (in the beginning) come from the phandom? I remember ~3 years ago he would do following sprees on tumblr and lot of them were d&p blogs.

As long as I'm here, I had a quick question. Did Dan officially say he was going on hiatus, or did he just drop off of the face of the planet? I really only pay attention to them on YT anymore, so it wasn't until a few weeks ago when I looked at his channel that I realized he had been gone for so long. But just looking at his channel itself didn't offer an explanation as to what's going on and I didn't feel like looking back through pages of tweets haha
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Part of the eternal mystery/exasperation we get by following dnp is when they complicate or twist mundane things for no reason.
I love that So Much. :dogue:
The nail polish looked great tho.
And Philly Two-Coats is a handsome lad, as usual.

I’ve been getting my fix of public couply cuteness from Pete Buttigieg and his husband so I’m very relaxed about my dnp joint content expectations. Which I honestly don’t think will happen for at least a few months, although I’d love to be proven wrong, of course.

Highly recommend mayor Pete & Chasten, in the meantime. Nerdy and nice, it’s like if deps had dogs and were running for office, basically.
(Also, if I were American I’d vote for
him, but that’s not for here).

I’d commit unspeakable sins to get something like Crafts tomorrow, but unfortunately I don’t see it happening.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I assumed it was the 16th of the same month which is when Phil tweeted he was at Tesco and posted the instagram videos of him at home so means Dan wasn’t home alone.

I do agree that the likelihood of him wanting to show off the nails is a thing and probably what prompted the tweet knowing that someone would ask to see some proof.

I think I might be the only person who doesn’t think they’re moving. I don’t want them to move. I believe they’ve let go of the filming flat but they’re still in the other one.
[/quote]

I'm agreeing with the bold here. I don't think they're moving yet. But that filming flat must be gone - and maybe they had the boxes from that flat in their living flat for awhile before going to storage. Which leads me to think there won't be any Easter baking either :x
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’ve wondered if they’re not moving, but just pulling back on what they show of home, though it seems very limiting for Phil to have such a tiny space that he has to almost juggle that printer just so he doesn’t show another location. Both seem plausible, though.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I would like to present a very scientifically accurate (science people don't come for me) diagram of the reflection in Dan's wine glass. Because there's absolutely no way Phil is in it.
The black bits represent where Dan's face is reflected in the glass, and where it reflects slightly around the glass, since it's round.

The blue outlines his arm and the phone in his hand, extended out to take the selfie (if you look from the start of the blue and the bottom of the black you can also see the stripes from Dan's shirt).

The red represents where the wine is in the glass.

The purple is the outline of his laptop.

And the green box is their TV, while the green circle is another reflection of their TV, just since the glass is round.

edit: nice ranking. guess this is where we all go to die huh? (clever, clever mods :D)
edit 2: ah. ah. yes. BTS and nothing else here. Dan and Phil who? Those guys people talk about in the other fandoms thread? Never heard of her.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

@obsessivelymoody I am loving your drawing skills 💜
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
jesp
why bother

missemma wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:17 pm @obsessivelymoody I am loving your drawing skills 💜
Truly - this is what In Depth BTS is all about.

#bts #ARMY #suga
Philena
blobfish

Excellent analysis, @obsessivelymoody

Latest tweet from our boys
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Philena wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:23 pm Excellent analysis, @obsessivelymoody

ugh so excited for this album! :stan:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Yeeeesss my boy joon looks so good :happytears:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Heh, second time seeing the new ranks and thanks to that tweet, I just got the joke :roll: good one, mods :P
Ablissa
pastel persona

YES! FINALLY! IT'S 2019, WHO CARES ABOUT YOUTUBE ANYMORE???

This is what I watch when I'm supposed to be doing other things. Look at dem dance skillz.
knq
lava lamp

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:59 pm I would like to present a very scientifically accurate (science people don't come for me) diagram of the reflection in Dan's wine glass. Because there's absolutely no way Phil is in it.
The black bits represent where Dan's face is reflected in the glass, and where it reflects slightly around the glass, since it's round.

The blue outlines his arm and the phone in his hand, extended out to take the selfie (if you look from the start of the blue and the bottom of the black you can also see the stripes from Dan's shirt).

The red represents where the wine is in the glass.

The purple is the outline of his laptop.

And the green box is their TV, while the green circle is another reflection of their TV, just since the glass is round.
Art, truly. <3 :respekt2: :stan: I'm just confused what people are seeing that looks like Phil.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

This took me a second to get, and then I loved it.
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

In case anyone hasn't seen the news: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1665 :cherryblossom:
busy being happy~
albion
drama llama

How impossibly handsome is mr kim seokjin!! ❤️🥰

guys anyone got ao3 recs? open to anything except yoonmin x
Philena
blobfish

^^This is my current fave.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/107957 ... s/23946774

Trust me, I have read it all, and this fic is top notch. I definitely did not randomly use filters to find this.
scientia
phabergé

I would literally not mind if IDB became IDBTS until the full return of D&P. Especially with the comeback right around the corner! :D

Also,
albion wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 am How impossibly handsome is mr kim seokjin!! ❤️🥰
YES.
papierklemmen
flower crown

... so this is what apocalypse feels like :lol:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Things IDB has made me do: research BTS ships to find a picture, upload picture to imgur to correct size for profile picture.

<3 Excited for this new change. I have a whole new greatest hits of AO3 to dive into.
kavat
pastel persona

Oh wow, I guess I have some research and listening to do! It's been a good run, all hail the new kings :ribena:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Upon further reflection, it makes much more sense that's dan's face in the glass
In depth BTS deserves a spot in the seventh ring of hell. The scary part is we are right on track to get there.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
anushwa
crusty sponge

@obsessivelymoody i love jin's little face in that drawing <3333333
what's your fave ship guys :) mine's sope
"the greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Is this the universe telling me to fall down the Kpop hole?