Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

rikonee wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:05 pm Looking forward to the collaboration between my man Hoseok and Phil oppa (weird choice right? Phil is like so 2014, ew.)
Phil is a highly respected sunbae so Hoseok is lucky Phil is willing to collab with him.

I really want to see the boys do a cover of Phil’s diss track. None of them have Phil’s talent but Suga might be able to pull it off
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

as someone who is from a place where april fool's is irrelevant for anyone over the age of 10, i am not amused. I freaked out at work when seeing the notif, spent a good half an hour pondering what his video will be and why he is posting at such a weird time before i got some time to open twitter and realize it was a joke.

I've been in this goddamn fandom for 6 years I've had enough someone pls convert me to BTS

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

:cherryblossom: Vote for the next thread name here! :cherryblossom:

(Kinda weird that you guys all went with the old fandom for thread names, but whatever... STREAM IDOL!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Early this morning my subconscious provided, at least, I dreamt they uploaded two videos to the gaming channel, the extra one was to make up for the huge gap. My dream self was so relaxed (usually is, it’s kinda sad).
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:55 pm So uh not to start a flame war but who do you think has the best hair of the boys? I love double checks google RM’s color choices and asymmetrical style. I wish I could just have his hair on my head, ya know?
Wait, which era are we talking about? I hope not 2013 because the only hairstyle worse than Namjoon's hair in 2013 is the emo fringe that those YouTubers Dan and Phil had...
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Just gonna say the mods here put in more effort than dan and Phil did into their April fools.

@Ablissa your description of reading dan’s tweet was spot on. That being said, I don’t really blame him. It was too obvious of a joke to not be done.

Phil though? Couldn’t do a fake merch line? Or a fake spon video? Lazier than last year!

The real double bluff would be Dan uploading in 2 days since he has a much longer delay than Phil between tweets and uploads.

Anyway, so glad i’ve moved on. I’d gladly watch namjoon with pigeons all day.
autumnhearth
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:07 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:55 pm So uh not to start a flame war but who do you think has the best hair of the boys? I love double checks google RM’s color choices and asymmetrical style. I wish I could just have his hair on my head, ya know?
Wait, which era are we talking about? I hope not 2013 because the only hairstyle worse than Namjoon's hair in 2013 is the emo fringe that those YouTubers Dan and Phil had...
*gasp* how dare you compare him to those posers?! I mean I guess everyone has dark eras for hair. But I was thinking of these beautiful looks:

Those dimples don’t hurt

Yass shaved sides!!!

And that bit of pastel pink! 귀여워!
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Amiaw wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:23 pm I’m not impressed either / dan’s tweet is kind of mean-spirited and Phil’s just makes me sad that they can’t even prank us together anymore

Maybe the real joke is that we still have such high expectations for them and maybe I should really switch to stanning bts
I agree. Dan's joke felt cruel, and Phil's just felt lame (for lack of a better word). They're so not about making content at this point that they can't even livestream the pigeons on their balcony. That's the sad reality we've reached.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
knq
lava lamp

Maybe I’m broken but Jimin’s tweet made me smile. I appreciate how self aware he can be, even if it’s in a sad way.

As for Jungkook, pranks just aren’t as fun if you’re doing them alone. But he could have just posted the Facebook yawning video today. That would have been funnier.
liola
rankussy

I didn't mind the tweet that much cause I'm just starved for content. I would love if it turned out to be a double prank and they did indeed post a video but only if it's a new single 😍😍
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
mintsans
sofa crease

I personally loved Jin’s little short lived shrimp shenanigans from before sope went on vlive
Dan’s was only funny because of the replies, Phil’s was lame.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
autumnhearth
senpai

@sapienveneficus it’s possible that they, or just Phil, are not at home. The tweets feel similar to the tone of this year so far.
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

knq wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm
As for Jungkook, pranks just aren’t as fun if you’re doing them alone. But he could have just posted the Facebook yawning video today. That would have been funnier.
You're right! What a wasted opportunity :( kookie put in more effort next time smh
albion
drama llama

mintsans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:53 pm I personally loved Jin’s little short lived shrimp shenanigans from before sope went on vlive
hahaha lobster phone. he’s so funny.

dan and phil whom
000dia000
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm
*gasp* how dare you compare him to those posers?! I mean I guess everyone has dark eras for hair. But I was thinking of these beautiful looks:

Those dimples don’t hurt

Yass shaved sides!!!

If you're going to talk about shaved sides, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that the AmazingPhil guy stole our Hobi's cursed hair :tantrum:

Sorry not sorry
:cactus:
liola
rankussy

000dia000 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:47 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:53 pm

Those dimples don’t hurt

Yass shaved sides!!!

If you're going to talk about shaved sides, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned that the AmazingPhil guy stole our Hobi's cursed hair :tantrum:

Sorry not sorry
I swear weaboos never can get it right, that hairstylist is not for you 😤 didn't that guy finally cut the hair off at some point? Man that emo look was long gonw

sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:54 pm @sapienveneficus it’s possible that they, or just Phil, are not at home. The tweets feel similar to the tone of this year so far.
I'm sure Phil, at least, is still on the island, but nothing's stopping him from livestreaming Pigeon Fest 2.0 - New Exotic Location, Same Hot Pigeon Action from some remote spot up there. He also could easily have set up some new pigeon-free prank before he left for the weekend. The point is that he didn't, and Dan continues to do nothing. Bottom line, I'm sad that yet another DnP tradition has ended.

It would be amazing if Dan double-pranked us all and actually uploaded something today (but I'm not optimistic)
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola
rankussy

You know what, I'm fine with that, even more than fine. All I wanted was communication, him acknowledging the issue and just talking to us. Good on you dan

Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm happy he added a second tweet. I miss him and care about him, but the prank still annoyed me - this made it all okay again.
Something tells me he won't be ready anytime soon, but... his mental health is more important than this.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

You know I feel like at this point he had people’s support so playing with peoples emotions by using his hiatus as a joke just feels insensitive and attention seeking. I hope he’s in a better place soon and I know I’m probably going to be told I have misunderstood where he’s coming from but he could have tweeted these tweets when people were concerned about his selfies instead of waiting
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

nah. still annoyed.

i'm already struggling to support someone who just decides to up and take a break cross-platform without saying anything to his audience of millions. you do you. deal with whatever you need to deal with. but if it's serious enough that you couldn't say anything to us when you did it, don't joke about it when we're doing our best to continue supporting you.

i know i sound dramatic and i don't really mean to be because like lbr i'll be here kissing his ass when he finally uploads. but i'm just a little... bothered.
rachelthepiratequeen
smol bean

Okay, but we KNOW what day it is and we were all waiting to see what they'd do to troll us, so I don't think Dan's tweet was harmful in any way. Predictable maybe, I mean I guessed that's what he'd say like two months ago, but honestly it made me happy to see because he knows it's a joke at this point, and he felt comfortable enough to get on board with that joke. So it's not too sore of a topic for him, and clearly we haven't scared him away for good yet. And that was pretty comforting even before his second tweet.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

rachelthepiratequeen wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:59 pm Okay, but we KNOW what day it is and we were all waiting to see what they'd do to troll us, so I don't think Dan's tweet was harmful in any way. Predictable maybe, I mean I guessed that's what he'd say like two months ago, but honestly it made me happy to see because he knows it's a joke at this point, and he felt comfortable enough to get on board with that joke. So it's not too sore of a topic for him, and clearly we haven't scared him away for good yet. And that was pretty comforting even before his second tweet.
you totally have a point and i agree with it tbh.

i'm just frustrated because like.... i just want a video. an ig story. a liveshow. evidence that him and phil exist visually in the same space. evidence that their promise that nothing would change is true.

liola
rankussy

I would've been much more pissed if THIS had been his official comeback I guess. But he did post two pictures before that and prefaced it with some interactions online, I'm guessing because he knew what the outcome would be. I don't condone his lack of communication for the past three months, I still think that was shit and I do wonder what this means for the future and especially for any joint content we might get on AP (dapg is dead let's be honest). I think they didn't anticipate Dan's break to be this long, so I do wonder if maybe they're going to change the plans once again. Honestly, I don't know, I'm just glad he FINALLY said something, not hidden on a reply to a random fan account that not anyone could see but a reply to his own tweet that most people who have him on notifs or follow will see. It's more straightforward than anything he's said for the past 3 months, and I gotta take what we've been given.

Do I want more? yes. Do i hope that we might go back to last year's era? Yeah. But I do think this is a good step forward, at least, and I think this was his cliché way of acknoledging that. Now, if that can be followed with the two of them back in the same frame, at least once, that'd be great.