Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rachelthepiratequeen
smol bean

rizzo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm
i'm just frustrated because like.... i just want a video. an ig story. a liveshow. evidence that him and phil exist visually in the same space. evidence that their promise that nothing would change is true.

Yeah, I know. I did hope that Dan's presence on social media this past week meant they'd do something together, but, I guess we'll just have to hold out hope for Easter.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

rizzo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 pm nah. still annoyed.

i'm already struggling to support someone who just decides to up and take a break cross-platform without saying anything to his audience of millions. you do you. deal with whatever you need to deal with. but if it's serious enough that you couldn't say anything to us when you did it, don't joke about it when we're doing our best to continue supporting you.

i know i sound dramatic and i don't really mean to be because like lbr i'll be here kissing his ass when he finally uploads. but i'm just a little... bothered.
Yeah, the replies to his latest tweet have sent me to my rage place. They went from, this morning, "Dude, not cool. That is not funny. (insert angry/snarky GIF here), " to this afternoon, "Oh, that's okay sweetie! You take all the time you need! We love you!" Gosh, people need to stop babying him and hold him accountable when he does stuff like this.

I keep seeing this quote pop up around the internet today, "At the end of the April Fools joke, the pranked person should be laughing too." Well, the joke's over, and I'm not laughing. His tweet this morning was mean-spirited, and it's okay to call him out for that.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

rizzo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm you totally have a point and i agree with it tbh.

i'm just frustrated because like.... i just want a video. an ig story. a liveshow. evidence that him and phil exist visually in the same space. evidence that their promise that nothing would change is true.

Reading your post (this and previous ones) made me realize how much I was censoring myself just to not start an argument/get hated on haha. So this post will make me look a bit crazy compared to the last one.

Yeah, I love him and support him wholeheartedly, but even I - I say even because I've been positive for a long time - am getting tired of this by now. I think I'm just irritated after the prank, honestly. Sure it's a prank, sure we expected it, but it was needlessly cruel imo when he knows he has a whole fanbase of people literally PINING for him/them.
Today reminded me how much we don't know anything and how I shouldn't hope for anything either, because who the hell knows what these two are up to. And that sucks, because I want to hope, and I want to know.

All that said, I do value Dan's mental health most of all, and if he needs time then sure, take your time. But I'm still a bit tired of all this.

I miss joint 2018 Dan and Phil.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am glad he tweeted that. That's all I've wanted for months - a bit of communication. So thank you for that, Daniel.
Like liola said, I feel like that this prolonged hiatus wasn't anticipated. They left us in December telling us that nothing would change that much and even though my trust in them decreased a bit, I don't think they intended to lie about it. So.. let's keep on waiting, I guess. It's clear that we won't see Dan in a video until he decides to upload on dinof, although I am still not sure why we can't see him and Phil in the same frame in a pic or something, but.. :shrug:

I wouldn't hold out too much for Easter, tbh. Actually I am expecting Phil attempting to bake by himself while sitting in front of the white wall, keeping the microwave, bowls and ingredients on his lap.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Please to goodness, not Phil trying to bake alone in that tiny space. I realise that was a joke, but what even is anymore with how different our expectations are from these two now. A solo Easter egg mukbang could work in Phil’s new space, but he hasn’t even got room for an egg-hunt (he could get Dan to put one in each cubby of his new shelves I suppose). Joint Easter baking would be a sweet surprise, but since we’re pretty sure they’ve no longer got that big second kitchen, would they share their own one with us?

Funnily enough I wasn’t the least bothered by either of Dan’s tweets, though I understand everyone’s feelings who has been. Distance is weird sometimes.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

@glitterintheair, you've made me realize. You know what I think it is? It's everything all together.

It's Dan's complete absence (until recently). The lack of live-shows. No gaming channel for the foreseeable ever. It's Phil's minimal presence. His IG stories that zoom in on a table leg with a glitter filter so we can't even really get a good look at said table leg. And his videos where he holds a fucking scanner in his lap.

And then for me, the cherry on top of it all - what's slowly making my sanity cave in - was an April Fool's joke about it.

I should probably stop ranting about this when what I could be doing is staring at yoongi's elbow. Amirite? heh.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

We've got the april fools joke as expected. I liked Dan's a lot more than Phil's, who tried so hard to appease the easily offended part of the audience that it killed the whole joke. No need to add the "365 days (and nights)!" to make it even more incredulous.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
glitterintheair
phillluminati

rizzo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:25 pm @glitterintheair, you've made me realize. You know what I think it is? It's everything all together.

It's Dan's complete absence (until recently). The lack of live-shows. No gaming channel for the foreseeable ever. It's Phil's minimal presence. His IG stories that zoom in on a table leg with a glitter filter so we can't even really get a good look at said table leg. And his videos where he holds a fucking scanner in his lap.
Yes. My problem with the hiatus has never been about the lack of Dan videos, it's about everything else and that's why I am often feeling detached lately. Going from how things were last year to now just sucks, there's no other word for it - it sucks.
I want to believe that Dan being more active these past few days is a good sign, but I am keeping my expectations low. They can't fool me anymore.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

This is why I’m not a dannie and why I’m so “harsh” with dan. Attention seeking is his middle name - which I don’t mind tbh if it’s owned by the person in question, but the whole look at me why are you looking at me number? Keep it. Like, what do you get directly from him as a dan fan, aside from content twice a year or jumping on queer trends months late (jk, mostly)? A lot of vagueness, backtracking and occasionally a sort of light emotional manipulation? I”d hope he was aware of how a lot of the patience he gets from people is mainly because he’s been part of joint content/communication with phil for a decade and he can kinda rest on his cute laurels, but I’m not sure he truly sees that.

I’m still very fond of him and very empathetic towards his mental health/queer journey, I think he’s free to upload or not, to explain or not.
but to continue this tone deaf low key acting out at almost 28 with thousands of people (many literally) invested in him and his life? fuck off. read the room, babe.
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I'm just having a moment of silence for 20gayteen in the phandom. That was a good year.

Remember how we whined about lack of content because we only got 10 gaming videos during December? Let's go back to that.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

This low key reminds me of behavior last year that irritated me - the privating of videos and blaming an 11 year old fan, the upset about us not understanding his point when he dropped Ttlmt, even the passive aggressive liking of a tweet that expressed irritation at the audience.

Now granted he’s not doing anything as extra as that this year and again if he needs time he can take it but pulling the phandom in different directions/playing with emotions is not a good look and this time Phil can’t even serve as a buffer for most of the irritating behavior since joint content is dead
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

If you can tear yourself away from all those lovely boys, please continue here!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."