Dan & Phil Part 83: Where in the World is Daniel Howell

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phantasy
woodland creature

Knew Dan would like.... so awesome for Miss Benny and for queer representation on tv. They have similar tastes and often like the same things on twitter and insta... and they have this cute little fondness for each other that I love...
http://bit.ly/2U9FZYN
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

@Phantasy That is the first time I've ever read a synopsis of a TV show and thought 'yeah, I'd watch that.' Has Miss Benny acknowledged Dan in the past?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Idk if Dan and Miss Benny have interacted before, but Thomas Sanders has a few lovely collabs with them under the name Ben J. Pierce.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

knq wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:12 amHas Miss Benny acknowledged Dan in the past?
Yeah they have replied to dans tweets a couple times and also commented on Dan’s last post, the smore one and another on IG. Think it would be cool to see them interact somehow. They seem very Supportive of each other. Not sure if their personal interactions are more than just a couple of replies though.

Edited: I’m not sure of their pronouns so edited. Sorry
intoapuddle
spork

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:23 am Looks like people started giving activity to a 2008 tweet and Phil deleted it - the one about sending a dream into the universe? Man, I really wish people would just.... leave the old stuff alone. Screenshot if you wanna share it. They definitely see anything that suddenly gets spammed with likes and retweets, and Phil especially is ruthless with deleting. (I say Phil especially because I think Dan has deleted a lot anyway. It's Phil that still has some gems out there that disappear when people notice them.)
:< sad times. i get wanting to delete old stuff when you see people talking about it, can't really blame him for wanting to delete a 11 year old tweet. it's just sad when the real source disappears. but there'll always be new fans that haven't got the memo that they actually notice when their old tweets get replies all of a sudden.

about the merch: yeah, it's not my cup of tea. but honestly none of their merch is my thing so i don't feel like i have say in what's good and bad when it comes to that. i like that they do subtle merch though, unlike their 2010-2014 stuff lmao. the only merch of theirs that i actually want is the try new things tshirt, tbh. and i won't get that because i can't justify buying a white t-shirt with a doodle for that cost + shipping lmao.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan tweeting two days in a row? Dan tweeting about mental health? I don't trust it as a full return but I still appreciate it.
(And apparently Phil had an instagram story two hours ago that I didn't see mentioned... actually anywhere. But ftr he is #TeamSobble.)
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

Saw Pokemon trending on Twitter and I wondered if Dan would make some tweet about it and well he did deliver in some way. I also appreciate the tweets so much :love2:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

So.. is he BACK back? Don't lull me in a false sense of security, Dan.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Idk if he’s back yet but it certainly looks more promising. I think he’s slowly getting ready to do something and even if for now it’s jusr a tweet that’s okay - I’m glad he finally let people know he’s doing okay.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 pm Idk if he’s back yet but it certainly looks more promising. I think he’s slowly getting ready to do something and even if for now it’s jusr a tweet that’s okay - I’m glad he finally let people know he’s doing okay.
I agree with this. And I think him acknowledging concern and letting people know he's okay is a good thing, even if he's doing the Dan thing of masking it under levity.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Sobble? I have missed things.

I wonder if Dan will really return and be back as such, or he might post a video sometime soon and still be quite quiet otherwise, this might turn out to be his new normal :shrug:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Amiaw wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:24 pm Idk if he’s back yet but it certainly looks more promising. I think he’s slowly getting ready to do something and even if for now it’s jusr a tweet that’s okay - I’m glad he finally let people know he’s doing okay.
I agree, it looks more promising. But it's been a long time without any Dan vids so I'm hesitant to read to much of a return to this. I also think all the mentions of people missing him and wondering if he's ok may have had an impact, so maybe he just wants to address that specific concern.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
starwatersong
phabergé

Just stuck inside on a very snowy day and enjoying this collection of domestic moments...

intoapuddle
spork

^ ;_; so many sweet moments.

one of my favs is when phil wants to skip counting points and dan is so offended lmao. "bluh bluh bluh, phil's the winner" his voice hahaha
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

That made me smile <3
Ablissa
pastel persona

#spon quote because it's 3 am and why am I awake
Hope to see you there!!!
Ablissa wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:50 am We held a poll on twitter, and decided on the theme for our next watch fest (Sunday, March 3rd, 1 PM, 7 PM and 10 PM UTC)
We'll be watching ~Ancient Dan and Phil videos~ on rabbit! If Dan happens to upload, we can all watch it live too!
The link to the stream will be posted on Sunday, because rabb.it had a stupid update.

As always, reblogs and retweets are welcome <3
kavat
pastel persona

That compilation was the best way to start my morning, thank you!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

They do have a lot of balconies.
Phil is already laying the ground for Pigeon Fest 2: Bagel Arena. A smart man that knows how to let the pigeons work for him :lol:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

aw, Phil has a new header and it's cute!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

So, since nothing is happening, let's go back in time a bit.
One year ago today. #sweetmems :love2:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
BuffyFiona
sofa crease

Just wanted to say Phil's bagel gift tweet made me laugh so hard when I got the notif I made my coworkers listen to it. And I laughed a lot at Dan's Pokemon tweet yesterday. Not much happening but like....... I love them a lot
Ablissa
pastel persona

We're all hibernating today, so I guess I won't bother anyone if I post this :lol:

I've been rewatching some of Dan's videos, and scrolled down to find the tabinof/tatinof trailer.

I remember watching it when it came out, and I was super hyped for both the book and the tour - so hyped that I didn't even stop to think about how weird that trailer really is.
Of course it's nicely made (I guess?), it's a quite cute idea, but it's like an out of character fanfic for me. I think I'd much prefer them doing a reveal video of just them - which I mean, they did talk about it later, but first they dropped that trailer on us and left us to deal with it.
I have bad memory and don't really remember much of the reactions, but I know that there was dramaaaaa all over the place and lots of people accused them of selling out. Somehow I feel like if they did a regular video of just the two of them talking about it, the reception may have been better.

What do you all think about this trailer? Do you agree that a normal video would have been better? Does it strike you as weird too? And more importantly, do you think they'll be writing more books? :)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If I remember correctly they dropped the trailer (to mild outrage) and then the next day did a sit down video talking about it that calmed a lot of people down, so I think you're right that the reveal video in that polished style was a misstep. It must have really sucked for them, but I also think that's why every big project since then has been either 'leaked' or they've hinted heavily at. Radio silence for over a month and then boom-big-project didn't appeal to fans that want their personality more than their polish.

As far as books - I'd really love to see them write a fiction book. I don't even know if that's an unpopular opinion or not, I just wanna see what they'd do with infinite potential for storytelling and their combined imaginations.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

The trailer is one of those things in this fandom that I remember the exact time and place I was in and won't be able to forget it (high school computer lab. I almost yelled in front of 30 people. It was a Moment). There was so much confusion and a lot of anger for a long time. It's definitely kind of sad to see how pumped they--especially Dan--were about the trailer to have it go over terribly. Not to mention the UK tickets were released the same day and time the trailer dropped, which was a very bad move since no one knew what was going on, and there was hesitation and scrambling on top of everything else. I remember that despite the video they released the next day, people were super skeptical and I remember waiting for Phil's Sunday liveshow to hear more, and that a lot of other people were too. But there was a lot of finger pointing and dramatics, and I remember feeling quite stressed lol.

I would also love for them to write a fiction book! I've definitely leaned more towards Phil writing one, but I think they're probably the perfect team for co-writing something, and I think if done well enough fiction written by them would be quite successful. But I am anticipating the book they release 15 years down the line when no one really cares anymore and they talk about their success and experiences...or a relationship advice book since nothing is stopping any other celebrities from releasing unqualified advice books (but really I'm just nosy and crave any kind of ~inside~ knowledge about their business and relationship and the intricacies of them being intertwined to an extent. This is my selfish dream for the future that is probably just going to be a dream lol).