Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:07 pm So many questions...
It’s the bathroom from a Very Hungry Sleepless Night with Phil. Same tile and shower. He was in the filming flat for that part. Great top of the page again :oops:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Well there's also the bathroom in Phil's room...
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 pm They could also still hold the lease on the filming flat because they didn’t officially move until April
Of last year and Phil filmed this video last week. I’m thinking he may have had to use the flat for the Q&A because he couldn’t do a skincare routine on his closet and if he picked questions that required him to move around he definitely wasn’t going to be showing us their living flat this year

Also I guess I should have known since they seem to still have the same furniture upstairs but the thing that confuses me is why did he stop using the bedroom? Did they redecorate It with the stag blankets we saw in his other video?
It'll be interesting to see if this is another sleepless night scenario where he goes in between flats and shows parts of both pretending it's the same one.
knq
lava lamp

My conflicting emotions:
1. Thank fuck Phil filmed somewhere other than The Wall.
2. ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS WHOLE TIME HE HAD AN ENTIRE FLAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN FILMING IN?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

knq wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:26 pm My conflicting emotions:
1. Thank fuck Phil filmed somewhere other than The Wall.
2. ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS WHOLE TIME HE HAD AN ENTIRE FLAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN FILMING IN?
I AM LOLING SO HARD.

Okay, so we're busy discussing moving and leases and flats (also I am currently worried about structural integrity of moving hill.)

But the video - I THINK that screenshot is him is answering questions about his skincare routine, and if it is, I AM HERE FOR IT.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 pm But the video - I THINK that screenshot is him is answering questions about his skincare routine, and if it is, I AM HERE FOR IT.
I had the same thought and while I won't get my hopes up too high, I would REALLY love that....I've only been begging for it for YEARS
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:52 pm
plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 pm But the video - I THINK that screenshot is him is answering questions about his skincare routine, and if it is, I AM HERE FOR IT.
I had the same thought and while I won't get my hopes up too high, I would REALLY love that....I've only been begging for it for literal YEARS
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Men of many flats and mysteries :roll: if that is him sharing his skincare routine, I’ll be kinda delighted that one of my questions was answered cos I’m totally the only person who asked ;) can’t think why else he’d be soaking himself like that.

Do wish he’d drop the teasing of letting us wait over a week, all this talk of last year they maybe knew all along they’d be pulling right back and I only hope they were happily doing and sharing more. I guess so cos if I think too much I start feeling taken for a fool and that’s just a small paranoid old voice.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about anyone specifically, i'm just commenting on broad mechanics in observe happening in the fandom.

In my point of view, It's rare that they are actively trying to fool people. The fact is that people keep coming up with a bunch of theories for which the evidence is rarely proportional to the conclusions drawn. Sometimes, a hunch i correct but often it's not yet expectations have been built up and in response to the disappointment some fans will much rather point at Dan and Phil rather than admit the assumptions they made were wrong.

My view on moving hasn't changed. I've yet to see a serious indication that they would be moving. If anything, they've given an contra-indication by saying in the last liveshow that they would not be moving right now. Sure, you can interpret 'right now' as a strict time condition where it mean "not at this very moment" but that's a pretty specific interpretation. It can just as well mean "a couple of years". Especially in the context they brought it up, it would make little sense or be pretty deceptive indeed if they meant "we're not moving today, but we are planning on moving next month".

Apart from that, what would really point to them moving? The only arguments i heard I never quite found convincing

- "They are getting rid of the filming flat". Are they? The filming 'flat' which afaik is just a floor of their "flat" and as such not something that likely gets rented out separately (i mean where would be the entrance? What with the staircase?,...)
I never understood how people were sure the filming flat wasn't being rented anymore. On what info do you base that? The fact that they wouldn't need it because they're temporarily not making video's? Seems anything we could say about it is highly speculative.
-"the period of the hiatus provides them with time and opportunity to move". It technically does, but that doesn't mean they intend to move.
-"They were spotted storing things" Yes, a prop from their temp. pop up shop. Sure they could also be storing stuff from their house in it, but that would only make sense if they were moving. By itself, it can have a ton of explanations.

We'll just have to wait and see. There's always a possibility for a move both of them have enough money to not have to care about contracts if they don't want to and get themselves a nice place in London or elsewhere. So yea, at some point in the future one or both of them are likely to move :lol: . But the hard part is figuring out if that point is about to arrive or if it's still years away.
noodlebum
flower crown

I was never convinced they were moving completely, but there was quite a lot pointing towards them giving up the filming flat (if it is a separate flat). Gaming channel props also being stored, lack of Phil bedroom, super-tight filming, nothing from the 'filming flat' showing up anywhere so far this year (until now). I'm sure there was more other people will remember better than me ;)

I'm not sure now though, after that photo. Guess we just have to wait and see if Phil's next video sheds some light on the theories :)
George
sad dimple

Maybe Phil has pre-filmed his video last year and they currently live in Nepal. I mean, Dan's Saturday photo wasn't from that day :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

(I'm sorry this day is too long for me personally.)
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I'm secretly hoping for Dan to travel the world with Adrian for 6 months, keeping a daily travel vlog where he talks about his journey of self-discovery and where he lifts the veil on an autobiographical novel he's working on. All while introducing us to his own poetry and sharing his most deeply held philosophical and political views.
But you know just something, anything would be nice :lol:

Yea noodlebum it's wait and see if he reveals something. Anything is possible.
Maybe we can take bets on what's in the Q&A vid?
Some of my guesses:
-skincare routine
-something involving animals
-something about the cacti that gives him the opportunity to say there's a voluntary paid subscription model
-something about the current state of affairs regarding DAPG/the hiatus/the future of his and joint content.

Didn't really look into the popular safe questions that were being popular but he'll probably pick at least a few of those, then some quirky ones and hopefully some questions people sort of really like to see answered but involve potential for some controversy. But maybe he's just keeping it light and smooth and we're still just as much stuck in the dark.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sometimes I accidentally end up on Dan's tumblr and realize how ugly I find his layout. (The picture of him and Colin from December saved it though.)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

just now catching up on this thread, i can't remember the last time i went more than a week without being on idb wow... :shock: apparently we've been expecting phil content since monday... any day now...
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I started expecting it last Friday :roll: boy been busy :springbutterfly:
noodlebum
flower crown

Those Rize polaroid prizes on Phils Instastory are so adorable :happytears:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Phil: oh you want more pictures of me and Dan? ok here are 20 at once

I love him <3
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well that 'pictures of them together in 2019' counter just shot up real fast.
Ughhhhhh I am dying they're all so cute. Even the dumb ones are cute.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I love them all :happytears: but especially the one in black and white. :love2:
Last edited by glitterintheair on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

That was the cutest thing I've seen this entire year omg
:gayaf:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

They exist. Together. They still like each other. My crops are flourishing, my skin is cleared...

Plz baking vid plz..
jve
tol bean
Pronouns: they/them

oh man these incredibly beautiful, adorable dorks, I miss them so much. I've been having such a horrible week and this is the first time in weeks that I can remember smiling. :happytears:
liola
rankussy

Ngl I'm so fond imagining them giggling and banting taking those pictures in their lounge, it might have brought tears to my eyes

I miss seeing them together and hearing them laugh so much but I'm just so soft
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Philena
blobfish

This one has my whole heart :love2:

And I am now sated for at least a month and a half :happytears:
Ablissa
pastel persona

SAKADFKSHFSDKJ THEY'RE SO CUTE
I am easy to please. I can be grumpy for weeks, get this and feel happier.
Also Phil, our King, delivered the photos without the text <3 When do you think these were taken?