Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

I don't even care what Dan tweets about anymore, like yeah another climate change joke, how hilarious. I'd love if he used Twitter to like, say more - especially since he's not doing liveshows anymore, I'd love if he still shared his opinions on things but apparently he wants to settle with climate change/self-deprecation/on-brand tweets every 10 days or so and whatever, it's his choice. I will just roll my eyes and move on. Disappointed but not surprised.

I'm very sorry about Phandom Mom. I followed her on tumblr and she seemed very sweet, it's such a sad news.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

liola wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 am Dan's tweet just made me roll my eyes and I didn't interact with it. It's not the first time he tweets something like that and at this point, like, what is the point? That isn't the way to talk about a situation that is serious and impacts all of us. One joke, two jokes, three... If he wants to use the selfie joke, a better way could've been posting a selfie or a random pic of, idk, something that shows an actual thing to be done to help the conversation, even sipping on a drink with a metal straw.

But Dan loves to be relatable and he needed to fill his tweet quota so I'm (sadly) not surprised?
Meanwhile Cornelia shared photos from a climate change rally yesterday. Sorry for the double post, I just hopped on Instagram and saw her stories. Ah saved by :sparkle:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Apropos of nothing, I watched this old livestream of Dan’s last night after someone recommended it on tumblr, and it was so enjoyable I thought I’d pass it on (though I know everyone’s probably already seen it). As a relative newbie there’s still so much stuff I haven’t seen, including most of the stuff on danisnotinteresting.

blackbirddan.tumblr.com
fairylights
crusty sponge

that livestream is one of my favorites. probably because i remember being really excited because it was the first stream i watched live?
but then the thing where phil walks in is cute. and the tour of the gaming channel room.

i really liked the youtube livestreams while he did them.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

madzilla84 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm Apropos of nothing, I watched this old livestream of Dan’s last night after someone recommended it on tumblr, and it was so enjoyable I thought I’d pass it on (though I know everyone’s probably already seen it). As a relative newbie there’s still so much stuff I haven’t seen, including most of the stuff on danisnotinteresting.

That was me! Lol. I watched it yesterday afternoon and felt it needed to be shared again because it was such a lovely casual stream. Dan when he’s not trying to be “on” is always a good time
fancybum
senpai

I’m in an uncharacteristically good mood today (coffee? upcoming long weekend? you decide!) and as such am hyped for merch (kind of because that’s all there is to be hyped about,,, but! hype nonetheless!). Is it just more clothes or will he throw some curve-balls in? I just hope it’s not hideous because I’ve got money to spend this time around :ourmoney:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
kavat
pastel persona

I'm mostly excited about new HD pictures of Phil. If the merch is good it's just a bonus (I might have to get socks if he releases more, i love the ones i have).
liola
rankussy

kavat wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:59 pm I'm mostly excited about new HD pictures of Phil. If the merch is good it's just a bonus (I might have to get socks if he releases more, i love the ones i have).
Honestly same. I can't wait to see the new pics. I'm also hoping for cute merch, especially now that he's made something in black 💙💙 I'm in love with the Fox jumper, I wore it every week during winter, and I've liked everything he's put out so far which might have surprised me slightly but I'm very happy about (okay my wallet isn't but treat yoself right)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:38 pm
madzilla84 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm Apropos of nothing, I watched this old livestream of Dan’s last night after someone recommended it on tumblr, and it was so enjoyable I thought I’d pass it on (though I know everyone’s probably already seen it). As a relative newbie there’s still so much stuff I haven’t seen, including most of the stuff on danisnotinteresting.

That was me! Lol. I watched it yesterday afternoon and felt it needed to be shared again because it was such a lovely casual stream. Dan when he’s not trying to be “on” is always a good time
Oh cool! Small world. :D thanks for the rec, it was a great watch! I like the YouTube streaming format better than YouNow etc.

Looks like Phil’s store is down! #soon
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Just had surprisingly good service with the U.S. dnp shop. I typically order from the U.K. shop but they didn't have my size in one of the items I wanted so I ordered from the U.S. one despite past bad experiences. I ordered on April 12th, it shipped out the next day, and I received it today, less than a week later. Hoping it isn't just a fluke and that maybe the U.S. shop is getting better.
knq
lava lamp

Man I love that liveshow. The YouTube streams they did were truly special. The HQ video didn’t hurt either.

Anyone else have a fave liveshow you’d suggest? I’m guessing most of us haven’t watched all of them even if we’ve been in the phandom for awhile.

Eta: omg Phil does care about people! :happytears:
“Part of the Fair Wear Foundation programme, which ensures that shirts are ethically made and working conditions are being continually being improved in factories they are produced.”

Also new merch and photos and whatever. But mostly that. I like that. :prideheart:
fancybum
senpai

Ooh I’ll probably just get a black tee but uhhh am I the only one annoyed at their choice of photos? What good is telling us the height of the models when in 90% of the photos we can’t see where the clothing falls. Lauren’s 5’3? Cool. Does the shirt go down to her knees, or...? C’mon!
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
obvsly
#relatable

This picture killed me.
autumnhearth
senpai

Aww Phil with a full smile! Interesting that Instagram get’s Phil’s arms but Twitter gets Lauren (for a sec I thought it might have been her biceps in the teaser pic.). I think the black tee would look 10x better with the cactus drawing on it. No new socks... :( But horray for the ethical clothing!

Oh and I apparently have the worst timing. I posted this literally a minute before I got the merch alert, but I think it’s still worth sharing. It’s Sam the Surfer!
Oh link to the vid under the cut!
fairylights
crusty sponge

phil looks quite good in these. if i could i would by the black try new things shirt for sure.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Okay, now that Corgis are part of Phil's branding, unless he gets one soon I'm declaring a Corgi culture appropriation scandal. Corgi owners unite and protest this blatant display of commercially utilized cuteness by a non-doggo owner!!
Last edited by Phantasy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I love this merch. I really do. And Phil and Lauren both look gorgeous in those pics.

But, uh.... Anyone else find it a bit weird that he's just sorta copying the designs of sweaters he buys elsewhere? I mean, they're cute designs and I get wanting to use those as "inspo", but... it's just the smallest bit questionable. LOL.

Anyway. Probs gonna pick up a corgi sweater regardless. :shrug:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok Phil really let his inner supermodel come out this time for all the pictures but THAT BLACK SHIRT PIC!! :-o :-o :-o

I was wondering why he didn't post it on Twitter after we saw the teaser a few days ago, but then I opened Instagram and THERE IT FUCKING WAS. He looks so good. He knows he looks good. Or so I hope. I hope Dan tells him every day. In fact, telling Phil that he looks hot should be his job for now while he isn't making videos. HAWT.

*cough*

I like the minimalist design of the Try New Things shirts, but the corgi design is just kinda... ugly.

Now can he PLEASE upload a video today? Please?? Probably not until tomorrow huh... :sideeye:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

That corgi keychan is cute although I wish it had been more cartoonish like the Fox design. I wish the jumper had a black version too, when will phil realize he's the only one that looks good in such bright colors? Might fuck around and buy the black t-shirt tho, that is nice.

He looks so good and so mature and holy shit??? His arms?? Like fuck me they're really working out this year and I gladly and I mean gladly accept this. Can he do a video on his working out routine? Please? Thank you?

madzilla84
eclipse shirt

That black shirt photo is amazing! (No pun intended.) He looks so confident, I love it. I’m extra glad for the black version because while I love the white one, it’s a lil bit see-through, so I think I’ll pick that one up. (Also the white one and the socks are now on sale.) And the fox jumper has been restocked! How do people find the sizes run on those?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
liola
rankussy

Sorry to double post but that new blue jumper pic in his instagram stories holy FUCK he looks so good how is he so attractive I want to eat my own arm

anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I might get the black shirt but I'm wondering how thin the material is. In the picture of Lauren on twitter you can see her legs through it.

ETA: Phil changed his profile pic on twitter & I'm loving the look of his layout now.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm gonna pass on the merch this time but daaang Phil looks good :drool:

That Sam the surfer find is A+, good job!
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

knq wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:35 pm
Eta: omg Phil does care about people! :happytears:
“Part of the Fair Wear Foundation programme, which ensures that shirts are ethically made and working conditions are being continually being improved in factories they are produced.”
REALLY? I wasn't planning on buying anything but that could make me do it actually!!
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So if they are making things ethically then it seems like they must have switched suppliers