Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Holy heckdizzle, my old heartbeat rose a bit seeing that hot as heck photo in, you guessed it, the black T-shirt. The pose, the arms, the smoulder. I like that dancer gif ;) If I think I can drop the cash soon, I’ll go for that one, I like the simplicity of it without the hand and cactus, I find that too daft to wear, but I like the basic sentiment. I’m so not into the corgi design. Really glad for the ethical switch, though!
Philena
blobfish

:dead: :dead: :dead:
Those pics are something.

That being said, I hate the corgi design. I think I agree with rizzo that his design remix choices are a bit questionable. Even still, I am going to get the black t. I really like it. And I like the idea that he us using more ethically produced merch.

I agree anna_begins that the black looked a bit sheer in Lauren's photo. I will take that as a positive for summer!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Amiaw wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:44 pm So if they are making things ethically then it seems like they must have switched suppliers
I find that really promising. I'm not sure if I can part with the money for merch right now (thanks to paying taxes) but I think I might eventually grab the black t-shirt.

I do appreciate the pictures, especially that blue one that he made his profile pic.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Oh I'm sorry, when did Phil turn into a WHOLE ASS MAN?
starwatersong
phabergé

A nice comparison:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Damn we should have asked to see his workout routine. That could be a fun video, Phil lifting the dumbbells with a Pinof 1 style pout and “oh yeah!” Cos if he ever videoed that, I doubt he could take it that seriously (well, going by his catwalk strut from the clothes vid). That’s where my brain’s gone this morning, anyway. He could do some funny editing effects to really ham up any “I’m a bicepped gym bunny now”.

P.s. I know he’s not turned into The Rock, but there’s still some transformation from our cute noodlebean.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Exactly, bro forget about plants and animals tell me the secrets of your protein shake recipe.
Maybe, in between his daily reps, Phil has been getting his mustard from this old classic ;)

Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
cocolero
squish

That black shirt picture made me straight and then gay again. I’ Always preferred Dan, but damn Daniel, Phil is looking incredibly.... [insert immoral action here].
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I've seen a bunch of side by side comparisons since last night but this gotta be my fave:
Like fine wine I tell ya.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

Catallena wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 am I've seen a bunch of side by side comparisons since last night but this gotta be my fave:
Like fine wine I tell ya.
Anyone that is saying his arms didn't double in size is a fucking liar LOOK AT THIS FINE MAN
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I just noticed how much less translucent he looks in those pictures as opposed to any video screenshot. I've been saying his lighting is unnecessarily harsh and just plain horrible, but now I've got receipts!!

Fix your damn lighting Mr. Lester!!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
jesp
why bother

IDB may experience short periods of downtime over the next 48 hours or so, as our host is fiddling with the backend stuff. More info here.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Come hang out tomorrow!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Well, this is good news.....
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

love to see Phil using his twitter and community post option to let all of his subscribers know about the video tomorrow. Oh, wait....

J/k im glad he said something. Now hoping tomorrow’s video is entertaining filler. Hope he talks about the q&a too and gives more detail on the delay.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Hmm, what could this be? Melting an Easter egg to make chocolate paint or just a simple creme brûlée? Heating up an actual egg to see how long it takes to explode and how much of a mess it makes of the kitchen? Or if it just cooks (doubtful). I’m intrigued.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Phil's gonna write all our hopes and dream on a piece of paper and set it on fire with the blowtorch while eating an omelette.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I’m sad about Easter baking; not in a ‘disappointed’ way as I wasn’t really expecting it tbh but more in an ‘end of an era’ way. I guess it was another of those things that was good in threes and tens. :cry:

Excited for the video; wondering what on earth Phil’s gonna do with a blowtorch in his lil corner. It’s nice it’ll go up on a Phandom Watch stream day, too. :sunshine:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm I’m sad about Easter baking; not in a ‘disappointed’ way as I wasn’t really expecting it tbh but more in an ‘end of an era’ way. I guess it was another of those things that was good in threes and tens. :cry:

Excited for the video; wondering what on earth Phil’s gonna do with a blowtorch in his lil corner. It’s nice it’ll go up on a Phandom Watch stream day, too. :sunshine:
I'm not sure if this'll make you feel better but I actually think pretty strongly that them skipping one baking holiday doesn't mean all that much. They've never been consistent years and holidays - overarchingly it's always been a mix of Halloween, Easter, and Christmas sprinkled in there now and then. I think for them 'baking' is the tradition itself and it's not locked in to specific holidays on a specific time frame.
scientia
phabergé

Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is him reacting to some kind of video...
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

scientia wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:58 pm Unfortunately I think the most likely scenario is him reacting to some kind of video...
Reacting to Videos So Bad I Literally Light My Computer On Fire
autumnhearth
senpai

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm I’m sad about Easter baking; not in a ‘disappointed’ way as I wasn’t really expecting it tbh but more in an ‘end of an era’ way. I guess it was another of those things that was good in threes and tens. :cry:

I don’t think it’s the end of the era for baking in general, as they said it’s something that never gets old. It could well that they’ll keep Easter Baking as a trilogy and I’m okay with that if we get Festive Baking and heck non-holiday baking would be great, or really obscure holiday baking, each year getting more and more ridiculous. But just to put it into perspective, the last two years we have had Easter Baking, but the year before that was skipped. The second Halloween Baking was two years after the first. I wasn’t expecting it either and maybe it is the end of the Halloween/Easter traditions, but I’m hopeful there will be new ones. We’re in an odd place right now post-tour, but perhaps when they move into their forever home we’ll get that sweet domestic content.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

If it's not Easter themed, why did it have to go up before the Q&A video?
liola
rankussy

I was 100% sure we weren't getting Easter baking so I'm neither surprised or disappointed. They already skipped Halloween and the hiatus hadn't even been a thing, so I don't place that much weight on it. And like we've been saying for weeks now, I doubt Dan's comeback will be in a joint video.

I do understand why people are reacting this way though, and I doubt it's the baking in itself - if this had happened last year no one would have bat an eye I think, because there was a certain knowledge that we would get a video with both of them together soon, like once a week/every 10 days. This isn't the point right now and so the loss of a safe join video is felt more. I get it.

I'm just sad for Phil tbh, it sucks that whatever he'll post now will be overshadowed by the not baking / not joint disappointment, like it has been for a while now, let's be real. I appreciate that he said not Easter themed instead of just dropping the video tomorrow, yes communication! I didn't need it this time but I think it's best for those people who would otherwise tune in tomorrow hyped for a video that is not happening.

I'm really curious about what he's going to post and also still wondering about the Q&A - either some film was corrupted (but he could refilm it?) Or there's some sponsorship/disclosure issue that needs to be resolved. So curious!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

I'm also not very surprised about no easter baking. Honestly, the last couple of baking vids haven't been that special to me, so I'm fine with it. They have a few cute/funny moments, but I haven't rewatched them nearly as much as 2016 baking and earlier.

I'm really glad he's giving us some info though, I think a lot of people need it right now.