Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

Yeah the problem is not the lack of an Easter Baking video - we got years when they didn't do easter baking, years when they didn't do halloween baking. However the panic and disappointment didn't spread around because there were other things we could count on and that's the biggest difference between the past years and the current one.
There might be Halloween Baking, there might be a mukbang, but those things won't happen 'till Fall. It's a long-ass time and people are growing more and more impatient.

I'm sorry for Phil but at the same time it's hard for me to imagine that he didn't know that the phandom would react like this.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
knq
lava lamp

Spon holding up the Q&A video makes sense. That’s something Phil wouldn’t tell us publicly and also something where the timeline is partially out of his hands, which is why Merch/IRL stuff holding the video up made sense originally.

I thought Easter baking was possible, but the surprising part of Phil’s Ig story was that he acknowledged what fans might be expecting and gave us information. Shit man that was magical keep doing that.

I’ve been watching Buzzfeed Unsolved and thinking how awesome a series like that with Dan and Phil would be. I feel like Phil would really like relaying a sensational story to us like Ryan (probably not a true crime one) and Dan would take up Shane’s role and enjoy pointing out Phil’s lies and harping on his storytelling skills. Unsolved even has seasons with breaks between them. Someone get these boys into a haunted house. Or just like a nice hotel where something mildly interesting may or may not have happened, I’m not picky.
kavat
pastel persona

Theory for the vid: Phil finally announces his collaboration with Fabergé with a new line of back eggs :phaberge:
Ablissa
pastel persona

We're starting our first round of today's watch fest in 20 minutes!
The first video will be EXTREME TRIPLE CHOCOLATE NESTS 🐇, then we will choose the next ones!
Each showing will have a unique set of videos, and the next ones are at 7 PM UTC and 10 PM UTC.

Join us here: https://www.rabb.it/s/6xo83e
kavat
pastel persona

:ribena:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I'm in the magical world of Disneyland where there's almost no service so i can't link it but CAT CONTENT FROM PHIL? DID I JUST IMAGINE THIS?
:gayaf:
jve
tol bean

Cat content!
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

tbh i was so confused when i saw the cat snaps that i mildly forgot it was phil that posted them, also whos cat???
"you are next to me in my life"
liola
rankussy

Phil giving us cat content has saved this weekend. Easter baking who idk her
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

lesterchuu wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 pm tbh i was so confused when i saw the cat snaps that i mildly forgot it was phil that posted them, also whos cat???
Probably Bryony's. She has an older picture on her instagram of that cat laying on her new quilt.
Birdie
blobfish

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:42 pm I’m sad about Easter baking; not in a ‘disappointed’ way as I wasn’t really expecting it tbh but more in an ‘end of an era’ way. I guess it was another of those things that was good in threes and tens. :cry:
Oh, hard same. I wouldn't read into it if everything was "normal" but it's not and we all know this is to do with Dan's long hiatus that might never end. I can only say it again, I don't see Dan coming back. And I'm really hoping I'm wrong because so many of you believe he'll be back and I can't imagine the fandom reaction if he actually doesn't come back. But everything from the last four months (and before that) tells me he's done, at least for the time being.
liola wrote:I'm just sad for Phil tbh, it sucks that whatever he'll post now will be overshadowed by the not baking / not joint disappointment, like it has been for a while now, let's be real.
Same. I catch myself only talking about Dan and his abscence but Phil is out there trying so hard to give us light, wholesome entertainment and I really appreciate him for it.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

and I was literally JUST about to come here and complain that he hasn't uploaded yet :ribena:
Mia
spork

@snokoplasmic honestly, I was just opening the page to do the same :lol:

I'm incredibly tired but staying awake for this so hopefully, it will be good :D
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wanna know more about the cat. What's her name? What human belongs to her? Is she sassy or sweet? Does she know how pretty she is? I WANT TO KNOW.

But a video is good too I guess. :shrug:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

Phil: THIS IS MY KITCHEN I HAVE DEFINITELY ALWAYS HAD THIS KITCHEN DO YOU LIKE MY KITCHEN NICE KITCHEN RIGHT

To be fair I do indeed prefer the kitchen to The Wall.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So Phil was working on this video before their brighton trip?

I’m extremely curious about what happened with the Q&A then- as someone said it seems like this really might be the new Vegas video.

Also an interesting choice to bring the filming flat back with some of his new filming props. I wonder if he was testing out the new background and decided to nix it because of the bad feedback. The flat seemed even emptier than before though so lm curious about many things.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That was fun! It was silly and sweet, and very enjoyable. My favourite bit was definitely Phil laying an egg. You live those birthing dreams, Phil. I also love the kind of Safiya vibes it had. I was praying for another adult to be in the room because jesusssss lol. Also interesting how he got the sand and rock in Brighton, which was before he announced the q&a....I'm curious about what's going on behind the scenes.

Speaking of behind the scenes, what an empty, echo-y flat. And wow, that is probably the cleanest microwave I've ever seen. Wonder why..... ;)
maelstrom
tol bean

i laughed so hard when the egg popped. like, phil ... sweetie .... what did you expect .....

also that plant on the left hand side seems kinda suspiciously placed? and it looks like there's a box behind it? i've been reserving my judgment about them moving for a while but that placement just seems a little too convenient
jve
tol bean

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:48 pm I also love the kind of Safiya vibes it had. I was praying for another adult to be in the room because jesusssss lol.
^that
I loved this, honestly the whole video just had me smiling at how weirdly lovely Phil's mind is.
I'm a dannie content (hah) person but this is the kind of content I should subscribe for. Light-hearted and adorable.
Oh and this video's just reminds me of how I do love and appreciate him (so much more) ever since the hitaus was "announced".
liola
rankussy

That video was quite nice and God the egg thing was peak comedy, when it popped I had to pause to laugh. The whole video had a safiya/Jenna marbles kinda vibe and I wish it had been longer cause I liked how interested he seemed in the sciency aspect of it!

What a echoy flat and weird placed angles indeed :D I'm giving out Easter Eggs on the a Moving Hill, personally laid by Phil Lester himself, the surprise is a 2019 forever home sticker. I'm still here bitches you can't change my mind
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
000dia000
emo goose

Hello, everyone. I really enjoyed that video. I love how as the video progresses Phil really starts to lose his mind. My fav kind of vid. He should really continue this kind of video route. Anyways, I've nothing to contribute on theories of their living situation or the ambiguity of their personal lives. So, hope everyone on IDB is doing well. Until the next vid, goodbye agin. :sunshine:
:cactus:
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Enjoyed the video a lot. Liked that he included little clips from Brighton, even though they were short it was nice to see scenery besides a wall. The sharpie becoming all encapsulated with crystals is almost metaphorical.
black_rat
squish

I am just wondering if an empty filming flat necessarily means anything? I mean, if they don't film anything, it makes sense that there isn't a lot of stuff there, as long as they don't need it for storage.

I really dislike the thumbnail, but the video was fun to watch. I was glad that he picked things that were interesting to him, and that he took the time for letting the egg and crystal be for a while. Also loved that he wasn't in his tiny space. Still very curious about what happened to the q&a video...
autumnhearth
senpai

I bet he didn’t put that egg outside it just stunk for a week because he wasn’t there to smell it. Also ha! Filming background has totally be in the slounge the whole time. Just scoot the plant and a candle over. And yes he deserved to die in that video, but I’m glad that he didn’t and entertained us unscathed.