Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:03 pm It's been a year since Dan and Phil did the first show of Interactive Introverts in Brighton! :happytears:

Even more importantly it's also been a year since the phandom had a collective breakdown over 'ty ly bb' :lol:
Embedding for the sweet, sweet memories. That was such a fun night of everyone losing their shit and just being happy - about tour, about instagram stories, about fan stories from the first meet and greet, finding out what II was really all about, about Dan and Phil ending a show by having dinner in a hotel room together on a bed. The caption was like fun icing on the cake. When fandom is on a high everything is an elevated level of excitement, and for me, moments where we're all just happy together are my favorite kind of phandom moments so I'm happy to see nostalgia for it today. :love1:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

liola wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:27 pm No, it's just people knowing the common meaning of bb as short for baby, as used everywhere in the online speaking community. The fact that Dan used it to mean bye bye, which is mostly used in the gaming community only and not even that much, created a great confusion. It's just one of the main principles of language and communication, people applying meaning to words based on their own understanding of social interactions in context. Guess social constructs are all delusions, after all.
I totally agree, people apply words based on their own understanding of social interactions in contexts. I wouldn't say social constructs are delusions, they are ideas that has been created and accepted by a group of people (in this fandom or society at large.) I think "ty ly bb" is a nice example of a sentence that gets socially constructed to mean something withing in this fandom, a meaning it didn't have in the eyes of Dan, who was applying the meaning of "bye bye" to it through his own understanding and context.

I have spend more than 10 years chatting to people across the world in different types of communities and i've genuinely never heard "bb" been used as "baby" and have only ever seen it used to mean "bye bye" (that meaning is certainly not limited to the gaming community). But you have a different experience. I think that's a nice example of how tricky it can be to slap meaning on whichever word and say it has one, fixed meaning. I think the most important meaning is the one it has to the messenger, because we usually want to convey something and use our own words to express that. That's part of the discomfort I feel when people were making all kinds of jokes based on "ty ly bb", because they're (un)intentionally misinterpreting Dan's words and creating their own story about it. But to each his/her own, this is just going to be one of those phrases that haunt him for the next of his days in the public eye.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pmI have spend more than 10 years chatting to people across the world in different types of communities and i've genuinely never heard "bb" been used as "baby" and have only ever seen it used to mean "bye bye"
It's awfully lucky that this one is very easy to test out.
Answer google gives you immediately:

First results:

So we've established that your experience is not universal and we can move on from your projection that anyone who does not have your exact experience is suffering mass delusion, yeah? Yeah, good. (Don't worry. I'm very aware that moving on from topics is not something you have a habit of doing, and given that it's a public forum you can and will reply :tu:. I'm just being unduly optimistic here.) Also be careful assuming that you know exactly what people were happy about when they saw 'ty ly bb' because it sounds an awful lot like you're, what was it - "(un)intentionally misinterpreting [their] words and creating [your] own story."

In more-relevant-than-someone-not-knowing-a-common-acronym-interpretation news, Phil liked and responded to some comments from his post and they're lovely!
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Stakhanov wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm I totally agree, people apply words based on their own understanding of social interactions in contexts. I wouldn't say social constructs are delusions, they are ideas that has been created and accepted by a group of people (in this fandom or society at large.) I think "ty ly bb" is a nice example of a sentence that gets socially constructed to mean something withing in this fandom, a meaning it didn't have in the eyes of Dan, who was applying the meaning of "bye bye" to it through his own understanding and context.
oh what would we even do without you telling us exactly what Dan thinks and feels. Thank you for always clearing up his intentions! <3
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Of all the things Dan could be haunted by, I dont think the use of "bb" would rank very high. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

Now that we've cracked the code of Dan's hiatus, being haunted by the meaning of bb by his fandom vs his (uncommon) meaning, I hope we're all happy. Glad we came together as a community to solve this mystery that I'm sure we all haven't slept on for the past year.

I love that Phil is engaging with his audience more this year. Dan used to be the one responding to comments on Facebook qnd not Phil, I'm glad he's taking a page out of his book. I'm still mildly surprised by the effort some creators are putting on the platform and I don't think Phil will be one of them but still, I appreciate that he's talking to us in all ways
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Homophobic undertones on Dan’s old blog are totally harmless and everyone just reads into it too much but an obvious, light hearted joke about men is insensitive, love me some of that. I bet men suffer daily from the horrible stigma that they have good skin, press F.

I love how we're constantly told we're delusional or some kind of crazy hive mind but someone makes one absolutely harmless joke and suddenly that's the limit.

(One day I'll be strong enough to just not respond but today is not that day, alas.)
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:17 am I don’t even know where to start with “the murder house” I’ve tried so many keyword combinations (I don’t recommend searching ‘london house fire murder’ as you will get so many news articles about, mostly the same, horrific events involving children). But we have no idea how long ago the deaths took place in relation to when it was on the market. If he hadn’t cropped and edited the pic you could just use reverse image search, if that even is the actual property he’s showing.
London is kinda prone to crime and accidents (because so many people live there and a lot of houses are kinda old) so I guess it will be hard finding the exact one, especially since we have no idea where exactly it was. It was probably some normal terrace house but I'd prefer to imagine a derilict Highgate mansion, covered in ivy and all, thank you. (I hope Phil's book idea is a horror story about the murder house now, btw.)
liola wrote:Now that we've cracked the code of Dan's hiatus, being haunted by the meaning of bb by his fandom vs his (uncommon) meaning, I hope we're all happy. Glad we came together as a community to solve this mystery that I'm sure we all haven't slept on for the past year.
Thanks for the laugh. <3
Last edited by Birdie on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ablissa
pastel persona

citizen_erased wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:56 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:21 pm I totally agree, people apply words based on their own understanding of social interactions in contexts. I wouldn't say social constructs are delusions, they are ideas that has been created and accepted by a group of people (in this fandom or society at large.) I think "ty ly bb" is a nice example of a sentence that gets socially constructed to mean something withing in this fandom, a meaning it didn't have in the eyes of Dan, who was applying the meaning of "bye bye" to it through his own understanding and context.
oh what would we even do without you telling us exactly what Dan thinks and feels. Thank you for always clearing up his intentions! <3
YES! A like-minded fan of Stakhanov!

What would we do without Stakhanov in general?
He reads Dan's mind for us. He's a skin-care expert, probably a dermatologist with 50 years of experience. He explains complex social issues to us, like the fact that homophobia and racism are not real when coming from certain youtube gurus. He's a marketing king, far better than people that actually work in marketing for a living. Hell, he probably invented marketing! He's good with finances and the only person in the world that can tell youtubers how much they are allowed to earn. Woah.
Friends, we are all blessed that he's here teaching us poor peasants. :stan:

re: the bb thing - I'm surprised we are talking about this again :lol: I remember scratching my head over it a year ago. I've spent the majority of 2016 with another person half my life playing games, and bb is super common in gaming communities as 'bye bye', has been for years. Dan could have meant it either way, or both ways, or maybe he meant BB-8 from Star Wars. Luckily we have Stakhanov to translate the inner workings of Dan's mind.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

liola wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pmI love that Phil is engaging with his audience more this year. Dan used to be the one responding to comments on Facebook qnd not Phil, I'm glad he's taking a page out of his book. I'm still mildly surprised by the effort some creators are putting on the platform and I don't think Phil will be one of them but still, I appreciate that he's talking to us in all ways
I definitely think that a lot of youtubers are going pretty far with Facebook right now. I'm still curious about who is being paid direct money from Facebook and who might just be trying to expand enough to dip into some of that ad revenue they're offering now. I did hear a youtuber recently say that what facebook is paying in ads doesn't come close to Youtube yet, but - cross posting at this point (especially if he's posting on fb a day or two later, and letting people watching it on youtube first) can't hurt.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:37 pm
liola wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pmI love that Phil is engaging with his audience more this year. Dan used to be the one responding to comments on Facebook qnd not Phil, I'm glad he's taking a page out of his book. I'm still mildly surprised by the effort some creators are putting on the platform and I don't think Phil will be one of them but still, I appreciate that he's talking to us in all ways
I definitely think that a lot of youtubers are going pretty far with Facebook right now. I'm still curious about who is being paid direct money from Facebook and who might just be trying to expand enough to dip into some of that ad revenue they're offering now. I did hear a youtuber recently say that what facebook is paying in ads doesn't come close to Youtube yet, but - cross posting at this point (especially if he's posting on fb a day or two later, and letting people watching it on youtube first) can't hurt.
Plus he can charge more for any #spon within a video, as posting it on Facebook will reach an even wider audience.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
Stakhanov
haru pillow

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:45 pm
So we've established that your experience is not universal
I have never claimed that. In fact i say exactly the opposite in my post:
"But you have a different experience. I think that's a nice example of how tricky it can be to slap meaning on whichever word and say it has one, fixed meaning."
So how why would you think I say my experience is universal? I'm literally saying someone else has a different experience and question the slapping on one fixed meaning on words.

....and we can move on from your projection that anyone who does not have your exact experience is suffering mass delusion, yeah?

Again, I'm not saying that. You misinterpreted my statement. What I find "delusional" is the acti of interpreting the story as a grand romantic statement made by Dan to Phil. This is the sense i got from reading some people's reactions after it happened.

I think this sensitivity to the word delusion is oddly selective. Just above my post, @Catalina celebrates the one year "collective breakdown" of the fandom. I'm also part of this fandom, I do not celebrate this "breakdown" and in the same vein that she characterizes the reaction of the fandom as "collective breakdown", I found it more apt to characterize the situation as having more in common with a "delusion".

The first definition of delusion i get on google is: "something a person believes and wants to be true, when it is actually not true". If Dan meant to say "bye bye" and not"baby", which is of course the assumption I'm working from, it would be correct to say that "baby" would be a delusion, a misapprehension of Dan's intended message. I think the intended audience of Dan's instagram story after the first II show in Brighton was us and not Phil. Most if not all instagram stories they made were meant to communicate things to us, not each other. If Dan was trying to express his thanks and love to us as an audience, it seems more likely to me that he's using the word "bye bye" and is isn't calling us "baby". Of course, we can never know for sure and obviously our interpretations differ :lol:

Yeah, good. (Don't worry. I'm very aware that moving on from topics is not something you have a habit of doing, and given that it's a public forum you can and will reply :tu:. I'm just being unduly optimistic here.)

Don't worry, I think i've said about everything I wanted to say. I had already moved on but I've got at least 3 people mentioning me, having a whole lot of thougts about it and saying quite some remarkable things about me, so I'm just making this post to clarify. I'm optimistic we can move on from here.
Also be careful assuming that you know exactly what people were happy about when they saw 'ty ly bb' because it sounds an awful lot like you're, what was it - "(un)intentionally misinterpreting [their] words and creating [your] own story."
Well yes, I'm keenly aware it's very easy to mischaracterize and make a story on the basis of a tweet. Had some quite nasty experiences with that :lol: This is why i use words like 'seems to me" or "i had the impression". I have to disappoint @Ablissa and @Citizen's Erased and the lovely compliments they gave to me. Alas, I can not read Dan's mind and am no expert in all these domains that get mentioned. Nobody can, hence why we can have such a different take on the meaning of these words. Nor am i here to tell you what to think any more than i presume you're here to tell me what I should think ;)
Sakura Selfie
rainbow nerd

I’m assuming something has gone on that I’ve missed but to be honest a lot of the last few posts come off as outright bullying. It’s fair enough to disagree with someone and have a discussion but it honestly seems like one person is repeatedly being targeted and can’t win no matter what they say and it’s getting bloody uncomfortable to read sometimes.
knq
lava lamp

Murder house:
Phil said there had been three suspicious deaths, two separate from each other, from fires, in the last 10 years. Looking at some of the London Fire Brigade publications, like 0 to 4 fires a year in homes result in 2 deaths. So it's theoretically possible to narrow down if we knew where those fires occurred, but (shockingly) they don't publish the exact locations.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow, I'm so glad post after post has been spent unraveling the horrific offense of a joke and the use of a hyperbole. And here I was thinking the statement "I hate men" and "collective breakdown" are 110% serious. Glad the internalized homophobia and harsh dismissal by Dan "find me the right guy" Howell has also been validated, while actual declarations and actions that speak louder than words are clearly so, so false. I never would have figured that out on my own.

Anyway I honestly can't believe it's been a year since ty ly bb. Time is fake. I feel like my ii show was at the most a month ago, but clearly August is going to sneak up on me. I also remember being at my friend's house when ty ly bb happend and trying not to lose it on her sofa lol. That also happens to be the last time I pet a cat....I should change that. Good memories at least :-D
QuiteFriendly
drama llama

Sakura Selfie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:27 pm I’m assuming something has gone on that I’ve missed but to be honest a lot of the last few posts come off as outright bullying. It’s fair enough to disagree with someone and have a discussion but it honestly seems like one person is repeatedly being targeted and can’t win no matter what they say and it’s getting bloody uncomfortable to read sometimes.
+1

Edited to add: I want to make it clear that I wasn't defending anybody nor was I accusing anybody of bullying. I was just trying to let people know that their posts were making me uncomfortable.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited by moderator with additional response from the poster
jesp
why bother

Moderating

It is clear that people's emotions are running high, but please do try to keep things as civil as possible when posting here. Attack the post, not the poster.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I’m so happy to see the Polaroid posted upthread; I hope more winners share theirs in clearer quality. I’ve only heard of one other person who’s won one so far. that one above may or may not be my lockscreen now.

It’s about a year since I properly joined the fandom too, I think; I was looking at Dan’s insta posts from the beginning of II and noticed I’d commented on one at the time, which I didn’t remember doing, haha. It both doesn’t feel like a year and also feels like so much longer. I’m a little sad they didn’t acknowledge the day, but then ‘I’m sad they didn’t x’ is my 2019 slogan, it seems. I’m still in disbelief that we’re a third of the way through 2019 already. :shock: Following their II adventures was so much fun - even if I was avoiding spoilers until my own show in May - and I’m sorry I took it for granted at the time. I’d pay for a frickin Rize live show now.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
Ablissa
pastel persona

Okay, here we go. I realize this is not Dan and Phil related, but it is a response to the claims that someone is being bullied.
Quoted posts under the cut for space.
Sakura Selfie wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:27 pm I’m assuming something has gone on that I’ve missed but to be honest a lot of the last few posts come off as outright bullying. It’s fair enough to disagree with someone and have a discussion but it honestly seems like one person is repeatedly being targeted and can’t win no matter what they say and it’s getting bloody uncomfortable to read sometimes.
QuiteFriendly wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm +1
Since this is not the first time I'm seeing Stakhanov being defended, I feel it is time for someone to speak up and explain exactly why people, including myself, act the way they do.
I want to make this clear. No one is bullying anyone on this forum, and everything has its reasons. I want to defend IDB for the amazing place it truly is.

First things first: I could go and pull up receipts - forum quotes - of him defending homophobia, racism, and a variety of other issues. This he will of course deny, because he likes to redirect, but if you're a long time poster here, you will know I am right. Just go through his post history if you're bored enough, I'm honestly not - but I will if it comes to it and people demand it.
The receipts are there and none of this is made up. This isn't me being biased. I feel like I can speak for ~95% of users of this forum when I say that Stakhanov has stated some very problematic things in the past, often hurting people who are affected by the issues of which he speaks so freely.

He has also, on numerous occasions, belittled other users for having different opinions. I called him out for 'mansplaining' and it really is something he is guilty of. He takes on a patronizing voice, all the while being falsely polite so as to avoid being banned. I know for a fact that some people have felt REALLY bad after receiving one of his responses. He says things that are triggering to people who have to deal with, for example, homophobia in their daily lives.
It's worth noting that he tends to continue arguing until the other poster gives up - here's an example off the top of my head: viewtopic.php?p=103851#p103851. This is the type of thing other users have to deal with whenever engaging in conversation with him.

His forum attitude alone is enough to make people upset. However, lately another issue has emerged. It's unrelated to the forum itself, but very much related to people who interact with him.

This is a tweet, showing conversations from a group chat Stakhanov was involved in. He joined the group chat despite being much older than the other members of it, failed to disclosed his age, and had inappropriate conversations with minors as young as eleven. He continued despite them expressing discomfort.

[outside twitter link redacted by moderator]

imgur album in case the tweet doesn't work

Despite this clearly unfortunate situation, Stakhanov argues that "being uncomfortable is too vague a criterium to be reported".
viewtopic.php?p=105819#p105819
This also means that no private personal message is actually private, if the receiver of the message decides to report it. Good to know the moderators can read your personal messages, I know I won't be sending anything that I would really consider personal especially since "feeling uncomfortable for any reason" is an extremely vague criterium that can literally mean anything if not specified.
He also talks about preferring to subject children to sexual innuendo over having them spend money on merch.
Stakhanov wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:57 am If I had kids watching Dan and Phil I wouldn't be concerned about swear words, their many sexual innuendos or the mature topics they sometimes talk about. I'd mainly be concerned that they would want to spend tons of money on all of their products because they think that's part of being in the fandom and that's what all of their friends want and do.
Again, if this is insufficient proof that no one is being unjustly bullied here, I'm happy to go and really dig up the posts in question. However I hope that for most people, this will explain why some of us choose to reply to Stakhanov and don't let him off easy when he continues to behave in the same way he always had.

Lastly... I'm sure that Stakhanov can be a nice person and may very well be nice in real life. I don't intend this to be a personal attack. Please treat it as a response to the posts I quoted.
knq
lava lamp

Well that’s concerning.
anathema
morning quiff

Ablissa wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:05 am
Okay, here we go. I realize this is not Dan and Phil related, but it is a response to the claims that someone is being bullied.
Quoted posts under the cut for space.
QuiteFriendly wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:53 pm +1
Since this is not the first time I'm seeing Stakhanov being defended, I feel it is time for someone to speak up and explain exactly why people, including myself, act the way they do.
I want to make this clear.
No one is bullying anyone on this forum, and everything has its reasons.
I want to defend IDB for the amazing place it truly is.

First things first: I could go and pull up receipts - forum quotes - of him defending homophobia, racism, and a variety of other issues. This he will of course deny, because he likes to redirect, but if you're a long time poster here, you will know I am right. Just go through his post history if you're bored enough, I'm honestly not - but I will if it comes to it and people demand it.
The receipts are there and none of this is made up. This isn't me being biased. I feel like I can speak for ~95% of users of this forum when I say that Stakhanov has stated some very problematic things in the past, often hurting people who are affected by the issues of which he speaks so freely.

He has also, on numerous occasions, belittled other users for having different opinions. I called him out for 'mansplaining' and it really is something he is guilty of. He takes on a patronizing voice, all the while being falsely polite so as to avoid being banned. I know for a fact that some people have felt REALLY bad after receiving one of his responses. He says things that are triggering to people who have to deal with, for example, homophobia in their daily lives.
It's worth noting that he tends to continue arguing until the other poster gives up - here's an example off the top of my head: viewtopic.php?p=103851#p103851. This is the type of thing other users have to deal with whenever engaging in conversation with him.

His forum attitude alone is enough to make people upset. However, lately another issue has emerged. It's unrelated to the forum itself, but very much related to people who interact with him.

This is a tweet, showing conversations from a group chat Stakhanov was involved in. He joined the group chat despite being much older than the other members of it, failed to disclosed his age, and had inappropriate conversations with minors as young as eleven. He continued despite them expressing discomfort.
imgur album in case the tweet doesn't work

Despite this clearly unfortunate situation, Stakhanov argues that "being uncomfortable is too vague a criterium to be reported".
viewtopic.php?p=105819#p105819
This also means that no private personal message is actually private, if the receiver of the message decides to report it. Good to know the moderators can read your personal messages, I know I won't be sending anything that I would really consider personal especially since "feeling uncomfortable for any reason" is an extremely vague criterium that can literally mean anything if not specified.
He also talks about preferring to subject children to sexual innuendo over having them spend money on merch.
Stakhanov wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:57 am If I had kids watching Dan and Phil I wouldn't be concerned about swear words, their many sexual innuendos or the mature topics they sometimes talk about. I'd mainly be concerned that they would want to spend tons of money on all of their products because they think that's part of being in the fandom and that's what all of their friends want and do.
Again, if this is insufficient proof that no one is being unjustly bullied here, I'm happy to go and really dig up the posts in question. However I hope that for most people, this will explain why some of us choose to reply to Stakhanov and don't let him off easy when he continues to behave in the same way he always had.

Lastly... I'm sure that Stakhanov can be a nice person and may very well be nice in real life. I don't intend this to be a personal attack. Please treat it as a response to the posts I quoted.
First of all, I would just like say that I am not, in any way shape or form, defending/justifying things Stakhanov either has done or has allegedly done.
But I don't see how what a person has done justifies making disrespectful comments to someone while discussing a topic that has nothing to do with unsavory things a person has done. It's my understanding of the forum rules that you have to be respectful of other users (rule 1) and you can't "use excessively inflammatory, abusive, or hateful language" (rule 10). (I don't think you or any other user has broken rule 10 in this situation, but it's a slippery slope.) If you are bothered by someone on the board, even justifiably, wouldn't the correct thing to do be reporting the person and taking your concerns to a mod/admin? Based on what you've said I'm sure you've done this, but at that point isn't it in their hands to take over the situation? At first you said that no one has been bullied, but that the end of your post you say that no one has been bullied unjustly, implying that bullying is what's been going on. In my opinion, lashing back out like this and leaving snarky comments about someone is just going to make the whole matter worse. I would just like to restate that I'm not saying anything that Stakhanov has done is okay, and I understand your (and other users') concerns. Now that I'm aware of what's been going on outside of the forum I have some concerns as well. I just don't understand how this gives you a free pass to very nearly break forum rules rather than leaving the handling of the situation to mods/admins, especially because I know they're taking as much action as they can at this point.
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

anathema wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:41 am But I don't see how what a person has done justifies making disrespectful comments to someone while discussing a topic that has nothing to do with unsavory things a person has done.
I think the things that people are accusing of being bullying (i.e., snarky/sarcastic comments) were direct responses to posts in the conversation. The full understanding of them requires context, a lot of which Ablissa provided, but what was actually happening was people responding snarkily to assumptions that if one hasn't experienced something, it's not a thing, as well as biased assumptions of Dan's thoughts/intentions. No one's saying we should bully people based on their behavior ("bully" was an interesting word choice, because it paints things very one-sidedly, which doesn't match what I've seen in this conversation or this forum), but such things as pointing out hypocrisy and holding people accountable for their words and actions are going to happen, and they're heavily shaped by context.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Moderator Note:

The moderation team is drafting a detailed response, and we ask that users refrain from commenting further on this situation, particularly in this thread. The topic is Dan and Phil - please keep it that way or a warning may be issued.
kavat
pastel persona

So to move on, dizzy's post earlier made me realize how fun those fandom moments are when everyone are excited about the same thing and you're just refreshing every social media platform for new updates. The watch parties come to mind, as well as the Boncas. Anyone have any other fave fandom moments like that?
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I am on the way to work and don't have a chance to give a detailled point by point response. I don't even know if I want to dignify your slander with a response, but you leave me little choice as your personal vendetta is trying to harm my reputation on this public forum, which I don't consider a joke at all anymore. Do you even realize what you are saying and what consequences such accusations can have? I would be happy for you to contact me and we could perhaps settle this outside of the anonymity of the internet. I have nothing to hide and am fully willing to get to the bottom of this with any means at my disposal. I won't stand for these kind of character assassinations and the damage they cause. Who the hell do you think you are calling me a racist, homophobe and implying all kinds of unsavioury behaviour with minors?

That tweet is deceptively edited and insinuates all kind of lies. First off, I did disclose my age. 3 times, which is 3 times more than the large group of people that were in the chat, strangers to me. At no point did someone have an issue with that, that is until i wake up the next day to find out these horrible lies being shared about me. It came completely out of the blue as the night before I had had a short conversation with skye after they kicked me out of the group, which i made the horrible mistake of joining a couple of days earlier. Our short DM conversation was completely different in tone, she felt sorry for not being comfortable with being my "mutual" anymore and i said i never intended to cause any discomfort and asked her to please share that in the chat and wish everyone the best with their lives. A lot of ppl in the chat seemed to go through difficult times and i tried to show some interest and support for people's stories. This tweet makes it look like as if i was constantly making jokes -which one may find appropriate or not- but that's far from the truth. People in this chat brought up mature topics themselves, joking about foot kinks and posting erotic spongebob art. Those jokes i made about Dan and Phil were made in that context and had none of the vile implied intentions you look to ascribe to them.
If this going to be your ridiculous standard, namely that every joke that's somewhat sexually suggestive that people in this fandom make about deppy is this terrible crime, i hope you're consistent and also attack everyone that posts fanfic, erotic deppy art.. and quite frankly the boys themselves as they fill their videos, that are being watched by a lot of minors, with a lot more suggestive jokes than this.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

kavat wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:26 am So to move on, dizzy's post earlier made me realize how fun those fandom moments are when everyone are excited about the same thing and you're just refreshing every social media platform for new updates. The watch parties come to mind, as well as the Boncas. Anyone have any other fave fandom moments like that?
Honestly I'm still dying a little from the boncas. It was just such a phenomenal, sweet time, and that liveshow we got after has my whole heart.

I remember during Australian tatinof when Dan first debuted his black nails and everyone flipped. Being in the timezone I'm in (GMT -8) I remember frantically posting and refreshing my dash pretty late at night when I had to get up early in the morning yelling with everyone else. I look back on that fondly because it was so silly and just...fun to freak out about at the time. And also because of the leaps and strides we've watched Dan go through over the years :')

Waking up to the crafts channel in 2015 was also a very fun time (and of course the expectations for the following years- truly amazing). Going on tumblr and watching all the other people in my timezone wake up and react was so fun, and honestly the crafts channel is still peak content for me. Two dorky guys taking the piss out of youtube and dashing some satan into it? Sign me the eff up.

To go more recently, I actually kind of miss the rize disasters. While the app can continue it's firey, eternal damnation in hell, we got some pretty fucking awesome moments from them, and looking back with hindsight it was nice to have a collective freakout over their poor time management and communication "skills" while also trying to figure out getting it recorded. It made for a very comparatively nice time to yell together.