Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

Phil interacting with us on Tumblr? Amazing. Oh and there’s the tweet. I have no idea what I would link him and probably won’t submit.
obvsly
#relatable

autumnhearth wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:51 pm Phil interacting with us on Tumblr? Amazing. Oh and there’s the tweet. I have no idea what I would link him and probably won’t submit.
It’s as if he’s begging to be rickrolled.
liola
rankussy

Phil saw all the requests for him.to take more risks on his channel and took it literally. Sweet child. I'm excited
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I'd pay to see the footage of him reacting to the most inappropriate links that he won't include in the video.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My demon prediction: there's some kind of reaction in this video that involves a very casual moving mention or insinuation or something about houses or house buying.

Bonus points if George submitted the link.
liola
rankussy

glitterintheair wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:04 pm I'd pay to see the footage of him reacting to the most inappropriate links that he won't include in the video.
I would literally pay an annual subscription to his membership for just that one video
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Philena
blobfish

I really like this idea. I sent him a very Phil-esque link that made me laugh at least. Curious to see the direction he takes with it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Philena wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:45 pm I really like this idea. I sent him a very Phil-esque link that made me laugh at least. Curious to see the direction he takes with it.
My first reaction to the idea was to think it sounded fun, which is interesting just on a personal reflection level because I've been against fourth wall breaking video concepts in the past and I saw a lot of people reflecting the same arguments I've had before. I'm really not sure why my kneejerk reaction to this wasn't bad? I think it might be because it feels like fanart was only mentioned so he could make sure to get in there that people should only send art that's their own, it didn't feel like from the text of the post that fanart or fanworks are really what he's asking people to send.

I also guess I just trust Phil pretty well right now. I don't think he's gonna put anything in the video that would upset people, and... idk, I'm hoping phandom is a little less about the shock value of sending explicit ship-related stuff in now, but that's the wildcard.
noodlebum
flower crown

Aw this is a fun idea! Am trying so hard to think of something half-decent that might get chosen and that he'll enjoy/will get a good reaction. But maybe scary will be some fun?? Something about murder houses :ghostclaps:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I have zero idea about what to send him :(
:gayaf:
gnostic
stress mushroom

obvsly wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:55 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:51 pm Phil interacting with us on Tumblr? Amazing. Oh and there’s the tweet. I have no idea what I would link him and probably won’t submit.
It’s as if he’s begging to be rickrolled.
If someone doesn't submit somewhat obfuscated rick roll, the Internet has failed.
Just here for the marketing skills
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:21 pm I have zero idea about what to send him :(
https://tinyurl.com/yywpn82m

:backawayslowly:
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I can only think of Terrible things that I definitely should not submit.
intoapuddle
spork

I'm feeling positive about this video idea! I can only guess what type of stuff people are going to submit, maybe some fan artists will send some (non explicit, non shippy) fan art, and other fans will send him random vines or tiktoks, and music videos, or like weird clips from his old videos taken out of context?

I really don't think he will be doing anything like the tumblr videos, that didn't even cross my mind until I saw other people talk about it.

And like I said on twitter I think he's going to make Dan (or someone else I guess.. but.. who are we kidding it would be Dan) go through the links before, pick out the ones with the best potential for a good reaction, and so have that be it. I just really hope he doesn't check them out himself beforehand because I really don't want a fake reaction video from him lol
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

glitterintheair wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:21 pm I have zero idea about what to send him :(
https://tinyurl.com/yywpn82m

:backawayslowly:
You can't imagine my reaction. I think i've never laughed this loud! :love2:
:gayaf:
jestbee
crusty sponge
Pronouns: She/her

Things I would like to see in this video

- a link to a local dog shelter so he can browse all the dogs

- interior decor/home listings so we can get his opinions on that

- some kind of flash/web game (I'll take gaming content however I can get it)

Things there will probably be:

- dog gifs

- instructions on how to care for houseplants

- a random website with weird/trippy imagery

- links to products on firebox or similar

- edits/art, possibly with dogs, definitely with plants

- a reference to his merch somewhere

Probable results of this video:

- this becomes the new YouTube trend and no one gives Phil credit

I'd like Saf or Jenna to do it, I think they'd react well to random websites
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I could only think of one thing and sent him this, it's so good (can't get it to load - help?)

noodlebum
flower crown

flarequake wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm I could only think of one thing and sent him this, it's so good (can't get it to load - help?)

That's so wholesome and lovely (was part-terrified waiting for the poor thing to be run over) :happytears:
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

flarequake wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:31 pm I could only think of one thing and sent him this, it's so good (can't get it to load - help?)

:lol: :lol: i actually sent in a raven video because I'd been internet surfing for raven content, love it !
Grey
lady door

Phil is a brave man to do this video :lol:. I too would like to see his reactions to the stuff he can’t include... yikes. I’m looking forward to this video though! I have never interacted with Phil (or Dan) before but I actually might think of something to send for this one. I like the idea.

liola wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:36 am I think I might've reached my zen because all I can say is that, you do you Dan. Whatever he's doing, whether he actually prepared for a marathon, went on a hike to find himself, started back uni or is renovating his forever home, I hope he's happy. I hope he's enjoying this time off the internet, embracing this journey that for the first time in a long, long time is just for himself, not seen by anyone else but his close friends and family. I hope he's drinking enough water and sleeping well at least a couple of days a week, I hope he's eating pizza better than Dominos and playing games until his thumbs hurt and he laughs and smiles and has all the sex he wants.

I've gone past the stages of grief, and maybe I reached acceptance for this hiatus. I'm fine. I'm free. Hope he is too, whatever he is doing, I hope he's still fueling the creative juices and when he's ready he makes something out of them that he can be proud of. And if he never is, that's still okay. I hope he's trying to be kind to himself.

I'm very sleep deprived please accept this sappy post about Dan, I've been harsh to him but it's all out of love and missing him
I really liked this post and I feel similarly.
I'm having a stress.
phloridas
phillion/danosaur <//3

Not gonna lie, I’m quite selfishly tempted to send him a link to my PayPal/Ko-fi despite it being a terrible idea for way too many reasons. Not that I’m super desperate for money right now but I wouldn’t say no to him paying next year’s tuition. Or for concert/plane tickets. I’m not picky.

Besides that, though, I don’t really have any other ideas. I am excited to see what Phil ends up including, though! I mean yeah, there’s a decent chance we’ll be seeing a lot of stale memes but I’m sure there’ll be a few gems in there. Also, that raven video had me smiling way too big. <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I feel like this would just make me wanna rage to watch, but Phil can probably relate a bit more to it I guess...

(jk I totally get the brain trash value in watching things like this.)
cocolero
squish

So... does anyone want to see if the "Dan and Penises" Tumblr Dan showed us is still up? Maybe Phil would enjoy that? ;)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

One of the current top posts on /r/AskReddit is called "What YouTuber/s did you use to watch religiously but don't watch any of thier videos anymore?" and there is two pretty highly upvoted (1000+) comments about Dan & Phil:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comm ... y/em9kz61/

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comm ... y/em9ksdq/

It's interesting to see a perspective of people who are not invested anymore. I know a lot of people on this forum are still really into DnP, but I see myself more with (ex-)fans like those on reddit.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

It’s always so interesting to me how differently people see the same things; like the people on the reddit threads who went to II and got the impression that D&P were uncomfortable or hated doing it. Like I never got that impression *at all*, and I wasn’t even as big a fan then as I am now. Some of those comments made me a bit sad, but they’re understandable as people grow and interests change (and in fairness, there isn’t really a ton of content *to* consume right now).

I think my biggest bone of contention is the idea - that I’ve seen in other places too - that Phil’s content is ‘childish’ and can’t be enjoyed by the older members of his audience (new people or people who’ve been long time viewers). Sure, it might not be to everyone’s taste, but as someone fairly close to Phil’s age I love the little lighthearted doses of fun and humour he brings. My favourite youtubers actually tend to be those who are a little bit older and not afraid to have a laugh and be silly, because there’s so much pressure to Be A Sensible Adult once you hit some arbitrary age (25, 30, whatever) as it is. My hope for Dan’s return, if he returns, is that he doesn’t start taking himself too seriously; he’s always been able to laugh at himself and he’s so funny, and I’d hate to see him suppress that just because he’s creeping up on 30. (I don’t think he would, mind.)

Re. Phil’s video, I loved how the reaction on here was ‘how intriguing! I look forward to seeing what he does with the concept!” and on tumblr it was “oh god oh fuck oh sweetie no” :lol:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com