Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:48 pm
Amiaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm Phil’s last like on twitter is interesting...accidental like maybe?
That is kind of a hilarious like. Maybe he meant to like the one it was responding to?

You know what might be cool? A video about the merch process from planning stages to release. They’re all weird about money and admitting what they do is a job for money, so I feel like Dan wouldn’t be comfortable making a video like that, not to mention the #spon of it all since it technically would just be one big commercial for his merch. But in the imaginary realm where Dan actually makes videos, it would’ve been interesting. And I just want to hear them talk about IRL and being Businesss Boys.
Not quite the same, but for people who wanna hear them talk more business - BBC Talent Works (the same BBC media division that put out II on DVD) has a podcast where they're interviewing youtubers and it's very business side leaning. They've actually asked for suggestions for people to be on the podcast, so maybe drop them a message on instagram? Normally I'd say there's not much chance that Dan and Phil would do something like that, but the pre-existing relationship with them make sme think this would be the best bet (outside of them doing their own podcast).
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I didn’t even notice that line, but I’d go with general future too. I was more curious about what behind the scenes tech glitch keeps making the newsletters arrive twice.
kavat
pastel persona

Hannah Witton recently made a really good video breaking down her income and and answering questions about youtube stuff. She's much smaller and her revenues probably look pretty different from deppy's (patreon and affiliate links are important to her) but it's still a good video if you're curious about youtube money in general.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Amiaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm Phil’s last like on twitter is interesting...accidental like maybe?
Okay the most recent like I see on Phil's twitter is a picture of a billboard for the new season of Big Little Lies. What am I missing?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sapienveneficus wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:04 pm
Okay the most recent like I see on Phil's twitter is a picture of a billboard for the new season of Big Little Lies. What am I missing?
Definitely must have been an accident, then. It was a tweet reply that mentioned him and Dan (and some other youtubers) as the only youtubers that aren't trash, in response to an original tweet about Austin Jones (who was just sentenced to ten years in prison for soliciting nudes from underage fans).
human
dan hand trash

I've been away from this place for so long, just trying to catch myself up a bit. Hello again, all!

Is there a gaming channel support group here? I desperately need one.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

human! Hello :sunshine: There might be, certainly there have been some watch parties, not just of dapg, and probably more coming.
knq
lava lamp

Strange that we haven’t heard from Phil or anyone who ran into him in Orlando (yet?). I feel like he usually takes a few photos with fans who see him when he comes to the US.

I’m uncertain about this Risky Click video too. Does he plan on filming while he’s on vacation? How long is the average Lester family Florida visit? I’ll be sad if we go another month without Phil content. :(
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

knq wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:54 pm Strange that we haven’t heard from Phil or anyone who ran into him in Orlando (yet?). I feel like he usually takes a few photos with fans who see him when he comes to the US.

I’m uncertain about this Risky Click video too. Does he plan on filming while he’s on vacation? How long is the average Lester family Florida visit? I’ll be sad if we go another month without Phil content. :(
I think the weather actually is pretty awful there - at least according to friends I've got in Florida and what I'm seeing them tweeting. So it may just be that he hasn't been out of the house enough to have been spotted.

I'm thinking that he'll film on vacation. I'm gonna go ahead and be the moving hill tinhat: I think the lack of instagram stories the last couple of weeks and him indicating he'll film just before leaving the country both indicate something about the state of where they live right now.

(Though, even if they're pulling a Singapore and taking a trip while moving happens/just before moving happens, chances are we still won't see proof of that for a while.)
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
susan2
rainbow nerd

Catallena wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:06 pm
that camera angle .... somebody save us ....
liola
rankussy

God he's such a dumbass and I love him with my entire heart. That serves him good, filming in that tiny cupboard when he has an entire big ass apartment to use.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Was he balancing his laptop on a chair? It should work, but I also wanna go over there and move him into a room with a table. Silly sod :roll: laptops can be tough at least, my MacBook has a few dents, one quite deep, but all’s fine.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It really is amazing how he's been a professional YouTuber for like a decade yet he won't use a table to put things on and instead balances them on a chair or something because he insists on filming in a space the size of stamp.

Thanks for the food anyway, Philly. Is there something wrong with your Instagram app?
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
knq
lava lamp

I’m enjoying how cleaning up a mess seems to be the perfect time for Phil to start singing.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

speaking of being professional, I just got reminded of one of my older fandoms that's been having a really rough time recently, so not related to the current discussion, but boy do I hope that if for whatever reason in some veeeery distant future Dan and Phil chose completely separate paths in life and in work and stopped being best friends/being together, any eventual conflicts wouldn't be public and noone involved would comment on it. I'd take being silent for however long over anything else involving a public discussion where people take sides in a millisecond. I guess, to be more positive, let's be grateful for the absence of news, at least it means no bad news, so, yay? :? and hopefully, it does mean good news are coming, be it moving, Dan finally returning to youtube, or just Phil getting some rest and being filled with new exciting creative juices after his vacation :sunshine:
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Last call for thread names!
knq wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:12 am I’m enjoying how cleaning up a mess seems to be the perfect time for Phil to start singing.
I feel so endeared with him over that.

Also, he liked this twitter:
And it makes me wonder how many times he saw Titanic in the theater? Was little Phil a Leo fan? I only saw it once, but I had cousins that saw it in the double digits.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Hope maybe the Met Gala will entice Dan to poke his head out... he usually has some opinions/likes. The theme this year is “camp”...should be interesting.
kavat
pastel persona

Phantasy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 am Hope maybe the Met Gala will entice Dan to poke his head out... he usually has some opinions/likes. The theme this year is “camp”...should be interesting.
What a great opportunity to post my favorite Hector drawing again
Phantasy
woodland creature

kavat wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 am
Phantasy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 am Hope maybe the Met Gala will entice Dan to poke his head out... he usually has some opinions/likes. The theme this year is “camp”...should be interesting.
Who knew Dan was such a visionary, because that’s about as “camp” of a costume idea as anyone is likely to imagine.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Phantasy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 am
kavat wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:20 am
Who knew Dan was such a visionary, because that’s about as “camp” of a costume idea as anyone is likely to imagine.
I would still love to see this. That is some vision, I hope Dan continues creating something in some way cos that is some imagination.

I remember Titanic coming out way back in 1997 and not giving a flying, never even occurred to me that I dodged 3 hours of discomfort.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 pm I remember Titanic coming out way back in 1997 and not giving a flying, never even occurred to me that I dodged 3 hours of discomfort.
Stroll down memory lane below
Gosh, I was the perfect age when Titanic came out. I was 13 which in the states made me just old enough to see it in theaters (My parents were sticklers for things like that which, looking back, is something I really appreciate about them.) I just remember being fully immersed in the experience and swooning the first time Leo's character appeared on screen. I saved up my babysitting money to buy the movie's soundtrack and had that thing on repeat for a solid month. What a time to be an 8th grader!
Back to DnP. I'm normally not a fan of creepshots, and I would never endorse this sort of behavior, but what I wouldn't give for a shot of the 2 of them in a Florida grocery store buying cereal right about now.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sapienveneficus wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:07 pm
flarequake wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:59 pm I remember Titanic coming out way back in 1997 and not giving a flying, never even occurred to me that I dodged 3 hours of discomfort.
Stroll down memory lane below
Gosh, I was the perfect age when Titanic came out. I was 13 which in the states made me just old enough to see it in theaters (My parents were sticklers for things like that which, looking back, is something I really appreciate about them.) I just remember being fully immersed in the experience and swooning the first time Leo's character appeared on screen. I saved up my babysitting money to buy the movie's soundtrack and had that thing on repeat for a solid month. What a time to be an 8th grader!
Back to DnP. I'm normally not a fan of creepshots, and I would never endorse this sort of behavior, but what I wouldn't give for a shot of the 2 of them in a Florida grocery store buying cereal right about now.
I think the weather is working against us. :/ Come on, sunny skies so they get out of the house and we maybe get some content.
knq
lava lamp

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well I've had my fill of shock-scare Sonic memes for like, life.

But Phil is cute and that video was cute. I wish it had been longer!