Dan & Phil Part 84: Still Alive

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: she/her

Aww, happy 5th birthday DAPG. :cry: <3

blackbirddan.tumblr.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just saw Thomas Sanders mention in a tweet that he’s been at the YouTube summit for a few days. Don’t suppose the boys slipped under our radar to be there.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:34 am Just saw Thomas Sanders mention in a tweet that he’s been at the YouTube summit for a few days. Don’t suppose the boys slipped under our radar to be there.
FWIW, seems like the Youtube Summit is in NYC and that's where the twitter user with the Dan-lookalike claims to be from. So it's somewhat more likely than other random places that she might have been flying there?

However, it does not seem likely that it's that hot in NYC. I guess they could be going to Florida from NY or something like that, putting the weather further in the future?
Phantasy
woodland creature

Templeofshame wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:04 am
flarequake wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:34 am Just saw Thomas Sanders mention in a tweet that he’s been at the YouTube summit for a few days. Don’t suppose the boys slipped under our radar to be there.
FWIW, seems like the Youtube Summit is in NYC and that's where the twitter user with the Dan-lookalike claims to be from. So it's somewhat more likely than other random places that she might have been flying there?

However, it does not seem likely that it's that hot in NYC. I guess they could be going to Florida from NY or something like that, putting the weather further in the future?
The summit would have been good cover for Dan... “well, I was already in NYC, might as well pop down to Orlando for a couple weeks since I was only a 1000 miles away.”

If Dan does join them, I really hope we’re over the BS excuse phase as to why he’s only there out of some overwhelming convenience and nothing more.

Would love to see some new classics, like sad Daniel cleans the pool...
Or Gatorland hat...
Or more boyfriend pranks...
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Whilst fantasizing about thunderstorm pool holidays in Florida, don't forget to suggest names for our next thread here. :rainbow: :sunshine:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
kavat
pastel persona

This needs to be here because Phil in full rain gear is adorable
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I love that art, and that Phil liked it!

Here's a blast from the past, since someone asked me about it on tumblr yesterday:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

clearing out stock or getting ready for new merch?

I'm still really curious about the mug. Dan seemed excited about it when he told us about it and then never mentioned it again...just another mystery of his hiatus and plans that seemed to change near the end of the year. If he does come back I wonder if he'll ever mention what happened or just make a small mention and then go on.
liola
rankussy

Amiaw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:13 pm clearing out stock or getting ready for new merch?

I'm still really curious about the mug. Dan seemed excited about it when he told us about it and then never mentioned it again...just another mystery of his hiatus and plans that seemed to change near the end of the year. If he does come back I wonder if he'll ever mention what happened or just make a small mention and then go on.
Interesting, I've been wondering how much of Dan's merch they've sold during this hiatus, so it could very well be trying to push out sales but that's quite a nice discount and just on two items, which seems more likely about pushing those specifically. I wonder if he'll mention it at all but I doubt
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Huh, that's weird. Maybe they just have a lot of those items so they're trying to sell them? I don't know the history of the ISG mug (a sentence you don't think you'll ever type) but since that's his most consistent format, it seems kind of weird they're putting a discount on its merch. What exactly did he say about the mug, Amiaw? I totally missed that it was even released, wow.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Katka wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:43 pm Huh, that's weird. Maybe they just have a lot of those items so they're trying to sell them? I don't know the history of the ISG mug (a sentence you don't think you'll ever type) but since that's his most consistent format, it seems kind of weird they're putting a discount on its merch. What exactly did he say about the mug, Amiaw? I totally missed that it was even released, wow.
I was referring to the liveshow when he told us about the mug with his epic rant on the side. He never officially released it but it showed up in the Christmas pop-up shop and then was put on his website so I just thought it was strange that he went from telling us about the idea behind the mug to silence is all. I wish I could find the liveshow but I don't have time to search for it.

dan came online today to like irl's tweet about the sale...i'm curious to see if he says anything else about it.
knq
lava lamp

Amiaw wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:46 pm
Katka wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:43 pm Huh, that's weird. Maybe they just have a lot of those items so they're trying to sell them? I don't know the history of the ISG mug (a sentence you don't think you'll ever type) but since that's his most consistent format, it seems kind of weird they're putting a discount on its merch. What exactly did he say about the mug, Amiaw? I totally missed that it was even released, wow.
I was referring to the liveshow when he told us about the mug with his epic rant on the side. He never officially released it but it showed up in the Christmas pop-up shop and then was put on his website so I just thought it was strange that he went from telling us about the idea behind the mug to silence is all. I wish I could find the liveshow but I don't have time to search for it.

dan came online today to like irl's tweet about the sale...i'm curious to see if he says anything else about it.
Iirc he actually thought he’d already told us about the mug (Phil knew he hadn’t). Or maybe that was some other merch?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I wonder how merch sales are going this year. They went from 3 channels and frequent liveshows to #spon stuff on, to just Phil's channel and his social media. He is the only one to have new stuff coming out of course, but still. Paired with less engagement from fans precisely because of the 'hiatus' fucking up the Deppy ecosystem, I imagine sales are down.

Meanwhile it's almost been 2 weeks since Phil's last Instastories in Bryony's garden.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

In case you actually want to know exactly what Dan said, I put the relevant timestamp and the relevant liveshow below.
itasca00 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 am
  • [15:05] Dan reveals that he’s going to be releasing an “Internet Support Group” mug. Phil informs Dan that this was supposed to be a surprise. On the mug, the words “Internet Support Group” are going to be made out of text that constitutes a “massive emotional breakdown rant” that Dan typed out.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

itasca00 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 pm
In case you actually want to know exactly what Dan said, I put the relevant timestamp and the relevant liveshow below.
itasca00 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 am
  • [15:05] Dan reveals that he’s going to be releasing an “Internet Support Group” mug. Phil informs Dan that this was supposed to be a surprise. On the mug, the words “Internet Support Group” are going to be made out of text that constitutes a “massive emotional breakdown rant” that Dan typed out.
Sneaking into this convo just to say: itasca00, have I told you lately that you're a hero for all the fantastic timestamps? I think I use those at least once a week.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

alittledizzy Awww, shucks. I appreciate you saying that! :D
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

*looks at watch* okay fan sighting in Orlando (or wherever they are) now please.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I could also really go for some Instagram stories. It's been 2 weeks and my editing software is starting to collect dust.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

"look forward to the future" What does that MEAN?!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

rizzo wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:18 pm
I’m not getting my hopes up just yet because it’s dan and he said there would be merch in February but I do hope he surprises us all and drops something soon.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Didn’t he say in one of the new letters he’d upload soon? I wouldn’t over think anything he says this is dan we’re talking about
knq
lava lamp

I think it means he’s realized he can’t promise anything specific.

February’s newsletter said to look forward to new merch and “maybe even a VIDEO” that didn’t materialize.

Now Dan’s just like “look forward to... whatever is in the forward direction.” :lol:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil’s last like on twitter is interesting...accidental like maybe?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm Phil’s last like on twitter is interesting...accidental like maybe?
I am definitely getting accidental like vibes from that. Man, Phil, gotta watch those slippery fingers lately.
fancybum
senpai

Amiaw wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:35 pm Phil’s last like on twitter is interesting...accidental like maybe?
That is kind of a hilarious like. Maybe he meant to like the one it was responding to?

You know what might be cool? A video about the merch process from planning stages to release. They’re all weird about money and admitting what they do is a job for money, so I feel like Dan wouldn’t be comfortable making a video like that, not to mention the #spon of it all since it technically would just be one big commercial for his merch. But in the imaginary realm where Dan actually makes videos, it would’ve been interesting. And I just want to hear them talk about IRL and being Businesss Boys.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me