Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blueapple_x
flower crown

dancy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 pm I do think the tweet could be delayed by a day or so but I definitely don't think he just came back considering Phil announced the Risky Click video only a week ago and probably filmed it at least one (or possibly more) day(s) after. That would leave him with less than a week of holiday which is very unlikely. Anyway, fingers crossed for some good content 🤞
True. Not to mention the time when people thought Phil was already in the US, Martyn and Cornelia were in France I believe? It's not at all strange that they'd join Phil+fam (assuming it's for the annual Lester holiday) at a later time (like after Cornelia's gig tomorrow--I assume Martyn will be there too), but for Phil to have already gone and returned from the annual Lester holiday without Martyn?
Phantasy
woodland creature

Some activity from Dan! He liked that new ad video from Calvin Klein that features his favs Kevin Abstract and Troye (and the unbelievably sexy Shawn Mendes).
I wonder how thirsty he’d have to be to like some of the other campaign material... ;)
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

He also like Janelle Monae’s met look. Come on give us opinions, King!

Last edited by lefthandedism on Thu May 09, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed instagram embed
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Phantasy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 pm Some activity from Dan! He liked that new ad video from Calvin Klein that features his favs Kevin Abstract and Troye (and the unbelievably sexy Shawn Mendes).
I wonder how thirsty he’d have to be to like some of the other campaign material... ;)
I'm too busy eyerolling at the fact of Dan liking an underwear ad that says "my truth" a million times to notice who is in the ad.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Phantasy wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 pm Some activity from Dan! He liked that new ad video from Calvin Klein that features his favs Kevin Abstract and Troye (and the unbelievably sexy Shawn Mendes).
I was too busy watching the stunningly beautiful Indya Moore to give mendes a second thought. I recently discovered the tv show pose which is amazing. I wonder if Dan has watched the show, if anyone has seen the documentary Paris is burning You’ll probably like this. I know it’s going to Netflix soon because season 2 is starting. Times like these I miss his live shows. I wanna hear him talking about tv shows and music recs :cry:
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Florida, then.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I am still not sure that Dan came along - I don't know when he liked that tweet but If he did stay behind then maybe Phil can stop trolling us sometime and give us an actual vacation photo or maybe Dan will grow bored and give us another selfie in soft lighting with an angsty title.

anything would be nice but if Phil is going to be mysterious then I wish he would save his tweets for when he gets home. Enjoy a nice vacation with the family and then go home and maybe provide give us something new and fresh.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

It’s just torture at this point.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Amiaw wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:31 pm I am still not sure that Dan came along - I don't know when he liked that tweet but If he did stay behind then maybe Phil can stop trolling us sometime and give us an actual vacation photo or maybe Dan will grow bored and give us another selfie in soft lighting with an angsty title.

anything would be nice but if Phil is going to be mysterious then I wish he would save his tweets for when he gets home. Enjoy a nice vacation with the family and then go home and maybe provide give us something new and fresh.
They might do that thing where they lay low until someone actually catches them out in public...

It’s incredible how stealthy they are these days...there’s been like 1 fan interaction pic this year? Their celebrity hasn’t diminished that much... makes me wonder if they are asking people not to post photos?
George
sad dimple

sarmstr2 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:40 pm It’s just torture at this point.
When hasn't it been? :philtrash:
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It’s such a slow drip of the tiniest info and everyone speculating on so little.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I don't know how to embed instastories because i'm dumb but check Hazel Hayes' ones. She's at a writers' retreat and she posted a story where Dan was present.

SO MANY QUESTIONS.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Tottrie
drama llama

Have you seen Hazel Hayes Instagram stories? She's at a writer's retreat that the BBC is hosting. And Dan is in her story from today.

So he's not in Florida, and instead attending a writing course of some sort. Interesting.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm so fascinated by this! It is hosted by bbctalentworks, I actually mentioned them on here a few days ago saying they have a podcast and name dropped Dan and Phil at the start of an episode. TalentWorks specifically are the ones that put Interactive Introverts out on dvd and they work with digital content and digital content creators. I'd love to know if they just sent out a wide invite and are hosting whoever responded, or if the people they invited are working on things specifically for them?

I think this is a lovely thing for Dan to be doing, whether it's related to something specific or just seemed like a good thing to do with his time while Phil is away. I hope it gets his creative wheels turning.
intoapuddle
spork

Wow, I'm so excited not just to know what Dan is up to but that he is at a place like that? Out in the world and learning things? I really hope he has a positive experience
autumnhearth
senpai

Phan is canceled and Phil and his parents are the only Lesters. (Sorry Martyn) No, this is actually really promising. I’m happy for Dan and his creativity. Also the moth shirt lives. Wild times we live in. Thanks for that info dizzy. Fascinating indeed!
Phantasy
woodland creature

Can totally see him creating or producing original content for the BBC... honestly just glad to see him working! (I think he’s been working on something these last several months... on the other hand if he’d had just gone deep recluse and not done anything this whole time from creative burnout I wouldn’t have blinked an eye)

And just as much of a reminder to myself as anyone else... it’s totally healthy for couples to spend time apart and with families (that also just means we’re that much closer to a couples holiday hopefully soon!).
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

This story makes me miss Dan a lot and also makes me miss knowing about his life, what he does, etc. I MISS HIM.
:gayaf:
fancybum
senpai

Lol of course right after I was talking about them not taking advantage of ~influencer opportunities. So thank you Hazel. But also uhhh I’m conflicted because is she a rude dumbass who just ruined Dan trying to fly under the radar? If he wanted people to know he was there, he would’ve posted about it himself...
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, excitement and intrigue. I wish I could still muster the brain to write like I used to, so go, Dan :) I love that he still wears the moth shirt too.
alien
procrastinator

how cool! i really hope he enjoys his time there and that he gets a lot out of it. idk who i'm more jealous of phil on vacation in florida floating around in a pool or dan at a writing retreat.

does anyone know any of the other people in hazel's story? i'm just nosy but dont recognize any of them myself.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I see Adrian Bliss there who is amazing and if you don't already, you should watch his channel - he is so funny! I let out a lil squeal when I saw him there - just the thought of Dan and Adrian even working together a little bit would be a dream.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It looks like the TalentWorks podcast was recording interviews there, I checked the host's instagram and she was there and showed their podcast table set up. Those podcasts are very business-end focused (but dry, depending on the personality being interviewed, but entertaining if you like hearing inside baseball type stuff) so it'd be fascinating to hear Dan give a structured interview on his career.
autumnhearth
senpai

New guests sounds very promising!
kavat
pastel persona

Oh that's very interesting! Knowing that Dan (and Phil) is very private in his process it's cool to see him take part in something like this. I would love if he were to do something more with the BBC too, I've said it before but I really think he could do great things in mainstream media if he wanted to.