Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
starwatersong
phabergé
Pronouns: she/her

Someone made a thing and I just appreciate it.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

My main thought is : Dan sees Phil like that all the time.
Sorry, my brain is just stuck on that.

Edit : I hated the beard edits and now, I'm still unsure.. I don't know if I like it, I guess I don't really have an opinion, I'm just shocked to see Phil looking different
:gayaf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, there’s something new, he went there at last, and he looks good.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Moderator Note

Just a reminder that our host has scheduled maintenance starting 5 pm CST/10 pm UTC and lasting hopefully no more than 14 hours. The forum will be inaccessible during these hours.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Mia wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 5:08 pm I like the stumble and I'm going to be upset when he saves ngl. I think its not ginger as I think he was ginger as a kid and his hair turned brown and now dyes it
actually a lot of men have ginger beards even when their hair is brown. Which means phil has yet again deprived us of vital information.

That picture still looks good tho. Dan's one lucky boi.
taco baco
dank meme

knq wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 4:17 pm
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
oi he's mine
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'm not particularly attracted to facial hair and I didn't like all the beard edits. But this looks... kinda hot.

I approve. :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay, the forum is back online, and we gotta get down to business: why the hell did Phil delete his IG stories about the stubble/shaving??
Ablissa
pastel persona

I have nothing to add to beard discourse, I just want to virtually hug this forum. I've been trying to access it out of habit for the last 24 hours. I MISSED YOU IDB!!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Woo, IDB! I was trying to sleep, but that’s not working, so yay forum ;) on Phil deleting the story, I have no idea, but it was nice to see his peachy cheeks again. I liked the stubble, though, and I’m curious to see it in ginger, if that’s why he black & whited it in the first place.
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

It's back!! I kept checking all day long lol.

I am soo confused about the insta stories he deleted! I can't think of any reason why he would feel the need to get rid of them?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I've probably checked idb close to 100 times since it went down. Me, a fool, knowing it's down but still checking it lol. Anyway glad it's back!

I have literally no theories about Phil's speedy deleting, but I kind of have a sneaking suspicion, since he's wearing the same top in both photos, he took the beard picture close to getting ready for bed, shaved, took his contacts out, and took the glasses and shaved picture.
starwatersong
phabergé

An odd one from a day or two ago:
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:31 am I've probably checked idb close to 100 times since it went down. Me, a fool, knowing it's down but still checking it lol. Anyway glad it's back!

I have literally no theories about Phil's speedy deleting, but I kind of have a sneaking suspicion, since he's wearing the same top in both photos, he took the beard picture close to getting ready for bed, shaved, took his contacts out, and took the glasses and shaved picture.
That sounds likely but would that be delete-worthy? Or did he say it was a different day?
kavat
pastel persona

Yay welcome back idb!
starwatersong wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:36 am An odd one from a day or two ago:
This confused me a lot. Does she watch them and wonder about the hiatus? Or is it more of a "what are those guys who were so popular a few years ago up to now" kind of thing?
knq
lava lamp

kavat wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:16 am Yay welcome back idb!
starwatersong wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:36 am An odd one from a day or two ago:
This confused me a lot. Does she watch them and wonder about the hiatus? Or is it more of a "what are those guys who were so popular a few years ago up to now" kind of thing?
Coincidentally, I was watching a Sims YouTuber who mentioned the phandom in an episode of her let's play, just commenting about how the phandom used to post in her comments and wondering if we were still there. Though with my memory, it could have been a let's play from several years ago that came on automatically after a more recent one. I'm not 100% sure it was from this week. :shrug: It does make me curious how the disappearance of DAPG registers with YouTubers who don't know dnp.

On the mysterious disappearance of Phil's IG story, I'm guessing it was something minor like he accidentally tapped the delete button and just didn't bother to reupload it. I don't think Phil really cares about consistency in the timeline he presents, if he was even trying to present one. Pretty sure they were on a plane for like a week once.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Someone on tumblr theorised he might have been sponned by Dollar Shave Club, as a lot of youtubers are - if it means we get The Scruff in a video, even briefly, I’m all for it. Beyond that, yeah no idea.

(For the record, I prefer him scruff-less but I thought he looked great and I’m glad he felt like he could share it. :))
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker

According to a tumblr post, today is the 9th anniversary of Pinof 2! Happy 2nd whisker day :sunshine:
autumnhearth
senpai

madzilla84 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 10:36 am Someone on tumblr theorised he might have been sponned by Dollar Shave Club, as a lot of youtubers are - if it means we get The Scruff in a video, even briefly, I’m all for it. Beyond that, yeah no idea.

(For the record, I prefer him scruff-less but I thought he looked great and I’m glad he felt like he could share it. :))
Hmm interesting, he does have a second video coming. I love the scruff and await its return in the future. Speaking of b&w vs color. A couple people thought Phil was wearing Dan’s charcoal grey tee, but the shaved pic shows it’s heather. Probably bought at the same time though and it’s cute they have some of the same basics.

I very much want to see that void sign in its new home.

I’m glad IDB is back and glad I had Sim Dan and Phil to keep me distracted.

Aww happy :whiskers: :whiskers: I still think they should have just had AmazingDan in the spring and pinof in the fall. We could have gotten twice the content every year. I would have loved a pinof in Phil’s first apartment. Now excuse me while I go build that and the phlat in the same tower, since I discovered the perfect fetus fringe. Manchester and London can totally be in the same neighborhood right?
rikonee
drama llama

I read somewhere that probably the reason Phil deleted the second story is because the first story already disappeared so there is no longer a context to the second story, so he just deleted it.

Dunno if this is true with the time stamps and stuffs tho.

Also: Phil looks good with a beard. Period.
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
Ablissa
pastel persona

While I can't find the tweet right now, recently 10 years have passed since the first time Dan attempted to tweet @ Phil (that we know of). I realize this post is pretty useless and self-indulgent, but thinking about it being 10 years makes me feel happy for them.
I grew up on the internet just like Dan did, and I have a friend I first met online over 15 years ago. I still keep in touch with him, but it's nothing like what Dan and Phil have. It makes you wonder what their lives would be like if Phil never got that camera, or if Dan never stumbled upon Phil's videos, or if Phil ignored Dan's tweets and never got talking to him.

People often say that their friendship/relationship is like a fanfic, and it really is. What are the odds of meeting someone online, moving in with them, starting a successful career together, touring the world twice? It's pretty incredible tbh. If you knock away one little piece of this puzzle, they may have never even met, and we wouldn't be here on this forum talking about them.

Yeah, like I said. Self-indulgent post. But I'm tired and I deserve it. Maybe.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I remember feeling so touched at how sweet and unlikely their story is when I discovered it. It was funny too having watched Dan a bit a few years before, but casually so having no idea about any of this. Makes for quite a fairytale.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I also missed IDB and Ablissa's post gave me feels because HOW UNLIKELY IS THEIR WHOLE LIVES.

I'm so glad they met and made this thing, this internet place filled with real people and content that makes me smile. Even if I do miss them a lot right now.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

:gayaf:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

A very on brand Dan tweet (and subsequent tweet replies) but I'm happy to see him being active more often than once a month.