Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:56 pm Hellooooo i don't know what this is but I WANT IT.

Slowly getting excited for Vidcon now. Should maybe lower expectations.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
glitterintheair
phillluminati
Pronouns: she/her

The first joint video of the year will be: "How many things can the phandom find out without us actually saying anything?"

No but seriously WHAT IS THAT
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That would be a very apt video idea, complete with cameos from loads of us fake-throttling them out of annoyance. Jfc, boys. For the first time in a while, though, I’m hella excited. I hope they have friends they can hang with, there’s Hank and John, Anthony, not sure how chummy they are with others like Charlie, Grace, Hannah, Mamrie and Michael Aranda. Thomas Sanders will be there, they did that tiny “what’s it like to be tall” collab that time. Also ContraPoints is going and Safiya, of course. Also I wonder if they’d get on with Echo Gillette, one of my fave artists, Dan might notice how she always wears red and black, though that doesn’t mean they’d necessarily get on well. It’s good to see her on the list, though, the only other artist is Jazza who went last year, a few animators have been going recently too (also only a few, though).
knq
lava lamp

Maybe the format will change when Vidcon is actually happening, but the Vidcon Now! series of videos already started on May 21st. Most of the Vidcon Youtube channel videos since then have been episodes of Vidcon Now.

It’s kinda bad. Most episodes have fewer than 1k views and despite having watched several intros from several episodes I still don’t understand what it is or what it’s trying to accomplish.

I’d watch it for dnp though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/vidcon
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That was an really enjoyable video, but I'm surprised he dropped it out of nowhere? He made me laugh multiple times though so... I'm totally down with those kinds of surprises. :D
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

One of the best videos from him lately imo. Couldn’t stop cracking up :lol: Phil always attracts the weirdest people, doesn’t he? Lmao
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
waveydnp
drama llama

ok so his next video is gonna be a collab with safiya where they tickle each other, right?
liola
rankussy

That was so fun I was laughing and cringing along and I love that he made it out of the blue and just dropped it on us, thank you Phil 💙
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
knq
lava lamp

Ooh, SimplyNailogical footage dropped right in Phil’s video, nice. I sense foreshadowing. It would be so cool to see collabs between all three of them.

First Phil video to make me laugh out loud in 2019! Phil’s ‘daily product review’ in the middle of the video was the type of creepy-funny humor that shines through in DanandPhilCrafts.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

Wow, I think it's one of the best Phil's solo videos I've watched! It's very rare I'm full on laughing while watching youtube, but with this video it was definitely the case. I find that Phil's got a really great comedic timing, especially when he has enough material to react to, and even more so when he can play it as a dialogue, either when something is already adressed to him specifically, or when he can present it in such way. I think, some kind of a series where Phil would comment on people's ridiculous announcements and such would've worked great for him, too bad he would never do it because of potential controversies... But at least we got this video, so yay to that, and I'm very happy about the Vidcon news, too, because I was a bit over everything being doom and gloom in the phandom, now with all the anticipation it's starting to feel a bit more like what I'm used to :D
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

That video was such a lovely surprise :love1: Funny and true to Phil for sure, while also toeing a very disturbing line because...jeez lol.

And Phil's being funny and cute in some twitter replies too:
intoapuddle
spork

Felt like this was a video he's been thinking about making for a while. So happy he's at a point where he felt comfortable making it given the nature of the email bc wwwow
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Okay, that video was amazing! 10/10! I could not stop laughing! Was anyone else reminded a bit of The OA as Phil read that crazy letter?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Luu
tol bean

Yayy I enjoyed the video so much! I was laughing through the entire video, Phil's humor is amazing and he seemed more relaxed this time 😊
I can't wait for Vidcon! I'm so excited for all the collabs and the photos! My dream is a collab between Dan and Contrapoints but it'll probably never happen.

Oh and happy pride month pals! ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:56 pm Okay, that video was amazing! 10/10! I could not stop laughing! Was anyone else reminded a bit of The OA as Phil read that crazy letter?
Definitely got OA vibes! I loved Phil’s video too! I’m all about anything he tells us about real events that happened to him (even if it’s many years after the fact)!

+1 to a Dan and ContraPoints vid and a Phil/Christine vid! Don’t really want any 3-ways. It did work with Anthony though, probs bc Phil was in charge. The only 3-way I liked without Phil in charge was the trivia with Connor.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Damn that was a good video! I think that might have been my favourite video phil has posted this year. I laughed a lot - Phil really has a knack for storytelling and reacting in ways that are both funny/entertaining and also feel natural.

"I mean to be fair they didn't send me a photo of themselves, they could have been hot" lmao
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Well, this video certainly was a great surprise! It definitely makes me wonder, though, how many other blast-from-the-past stories Phil has hiding up his sleeve... Anyway, here are my highlights:
  • [1:13] Phil says that the only person who calls him Philip is his grandmother.
  • [1:42] “Other kinds of rubs.” Great phrase there, Phil. 👍
    P: This is--This is a nice email so far: like my videos, giving me a bit of an ego rub. Probably gonna wanna give me other kinds of rubs… You just wait!
  • [2:28] Phil comments on how it’s funny that Harold thinks he only has one YouTube colleague. I guess Harold was just psychic. :lol:
  • [3:24] It sounds like Phil may have accidentally said “Harold’s” real name?
  • [6:45] I guess now we just get to know for sure that Phil is into the idea of an MMF threesome. In my opinion, this moment from a previous video heavily foreshadowed this declaration.
    P: Are we getting in to some kind of three-way marriage territory here? Where I’m married to both of you. Tickle me a bit on the side. I mean, to be fair, they didn’t send me a photo of themselves. They could have been hot.
  • [6:55] Capita£ester is enticed by the offer of being paid $1000/week.
  • [8:48] Phil invites PJ to participate in a video where they/Phil try to escape from a box. :lol:
  • [9:57] Using some text on the screen, Phil draws our attention to a minuscule white dot that probably only the editor of the video would notice.
    shout out to the mysterious white dot on my shoulder for surviving the whole video
  • Phil continues to remain consistent in listing links to the three versions of the AmazingPhil shop at the beginning of the video description and listing a link to the Dan and Phil Shop with his social media links.
And now, here is a transcript of Harold's entire email (or at least all of the parts that Phil showed):
[0:52]
Business Proposition - AmazingPhil - BUY YOUR CHANNEL?

[1:09]
Hello Philip

[1:23]
My name is harold. I enjoy your videos alone but also with my partner susan

[1:36]
and after seeing your latest few, we felt your creativity has blossomed and needs to be shared.

[1:50]
I can make this possible and I have a few suggestions with you to make you blossom as a creator, a human and also a friend.

[2:11]
Of course this is a paid opportunity...feel free to share these ideas with your youtube colleague!

[2:38]
Proposition 1: Channel Purchase

I would like to purchase your youtube channel for hard cash.

[3:02]
You can continue to post on the channel but I will be a CREATIVE PARTNER.

[3:11]
It will commence like another year of AmazingPhil 2009, but I would like to introduce a segment linking for my website where we link to my videos organically.

[3:36]
This is mainly related to reaching a nirvana like state through various methods I have scientifically studied and plan to post on my website.

[3:52]
- Fashion - I will dress you in outfits for purchase and you review
- Review - Daily reviews of whatever you want!!!!
- meditation - Daily meditation class

[4:50]
- Tickle - I or my associate will tickle you for fun video. This is fun but also releases endorphins scientifically and we will promote the holistic aspects of tickling. fun!

[5:29]
- Wet - Think water fights with friends, or other kinds of games involving water. Open to discussion on price. Could purchase a water tank in year 2

[6:07]
Proposition 2 - Relocation.

This may sound a bit forward but my partner susan would like to offer you to stay with us in California, USA. This is a great opportunity for hollywood and movie deals as we have CONNECTIONS

[6:38]
but also we feel like we could create a strong working friendship and real life relationship.

[6:54]
Terms - $1000 a week and you can make videos in our home and stay for free!!! Including bills.

[7:10]
We would only request that you also take part in some activities for my own website. One would be a ‘food olympics’ style video like FOOD BATTLE (smosh) but i would involve you eating my food until you can no longer eat anymore as a bigger challenge!

[7:35]
We can also give you as much food as you would like at any other time, along with benefits like spending. Weekends are yours but we will plan excursions.

[7:52]
I know UK is great for you but think of the oprtunites america would hold.

[7:59]
Another video idea is the tickle challenge. It may sound strange but videos involving tickling of your feet or just your rib would create a great revenue stream and $$.

[8:37]
Another fun idea is we build a box and see if you could escape it. maybe with a youtuber friend as a bigger challenge tag.

[8:55]
My partner is eager to hear back form YOU and star making some MONEY!

[9:02]
Let me know if you want to link up. Let’s make it big $$$$$

[9:10]
Yours faithfully
harold
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
kavat
pastel persona

Oh dear, that email is beyond creepy. Phil makes it sound funny but it rings human trafficking to me. If they send that to someone younger and more gullible things could have gone really bad.

I like that he just dropped it on us, it was a nice surprise!
autumnhearth
senpai

Thank you for those timestamps @itasca00 it’s great to see the transcript of the letter. Loved the video, despite being tired of those type of thumbnails. I got several back to back ads on it so good for Phil. His quiff was very short.

I forgot to mention that earlier this week my son presented his independent research project on llamas and their relatives (he’s just finished fourth grade). My parents came to the event (think science fair set up) and my mom asked my son what got him interested in llamas. At first he gave vague answers along the lines of ‘I just like them’, but she pressed it and he finally said ‘Daniel Howell’. She asked ‘Daniel Tiger?’ and he said, ‘No, Dan Howell.’ She asked who that was and he said he was a YouTuber he liked and she did not look impressed (despite having watched them and bought him the pastel plushies last Easter). My husband just turned away, shook his head and said ‘Look what you’ve done’. So proud.
waveydnp
drama llama

agreed, those thumbnails are horrendous and he seriously needs to stop
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

I think this was one of his best videos this year! He has a way of dramatically reading and annotating things.

I'm sliiiightly curious to peek into the alternate timeline where Phil lives in Harold and Susan's basement and makes daily yoga videos. I feel like I would watch him anyway.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I don’t know if it’s the continued feeling of distance of them barely talking to us, but I wasn’t overly bothered by this video. I did laugh at a few comments he made and it was interesting to hear about this weird email, but as the sole content for 2 weeks while they still can’t be bothered to directly speak to us eg about the vidcon thing, but let us find out from someone else, I could do with something more.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

flarequake wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:32 pm I don’t know if it’s the continued feeling of distance of them barely talking to us, but I wasn’t overly bothered by this video. I did laugh at a few comments he made and it was interesting to hear about this weird email, but as the sole content for 2 weeks while they still can’t be bothered to directly speak to us eg about the vidcon thing, but let us find out from someone else, I could do with something more.
I had the same reaction the video. It was a nice watch, laughed a little, but still don’t really feel very connected to them atm.
I will admit it was nice to enjoy a Phil video i skipped his last video but with them both seemingly forgetting their Instagram passwords and how to tweet I don’t think about them as much these days.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

That email Phil received was super creepy. Had that been sent to me, I think I probably would have rethought having a career where so much of myself is exposed online for anyone to view. I'm so glad Phil didn't feel that way though! Glad he saved it, it made for good content (although I agree, not a fan of the thumbnails, do they really make more people click on the videos? I'm not convinced).

I think it's a bit premature to expect dnp to tell us about the Vidcon Now thing, seeing as how Vidcon is still over a month away and I bet they really don't know much about it yet. Based on the link knq shared, it seems really informal and not that big of a deal anyway, like one of those things not much emphasis would be put on even during "normal" times. Not to say I'm not looking forward to it, just that I'm not surprised they haven't told us about it yet.

I'm really excited for the next month. When do you guys think Dan will upload? I'm thinking on or around his birthday or after the 22nd (which will mark a full year of no dinof content).
moon-boye
smol bean

is it irksome to anyone else how many of phil's vids this year just squeak by the 10-minute mark? i love that man with my whole heart but it honestly irritates me to see 10:23, 10:04, 10:14, 10:08, etc. (for a total of 7 times this year out of 11)

i know it's his job blah blah blah capitalism can go die in a hole
:rainbow: :cactus: