Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
yeetussy
glabella

OH MY GOD

HAPPY MOTHERFUCKIN PRIDE YALL :prideheart: :prideheart: :prideheart: :prideheart:

I’m so proud of them and I’m so happy for them. They deserve this love and support oh my god I’m so happy

:oops: don't mind me, just coming back to the forum after basically a year or so of inactivity :oops:
Last edited by yeetussy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

malday wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 pm I loved this video.
I loved the humor, the sarcasm and, especially, the anger he displayed.
A lot of parts of his story stuck cords with me, but he was never more relatable as in the parts where he showed visible anger/hurt/resentment.

He was a whole ass raw emotional human in this video, i hope he feels free
I'm fucked up right now, but you best conveyed my feeling. Especially the bolded.

Lots of love for Dan, for Phil, and especially this community of people.
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

that was some nice contrapoints fanart

ahhhhhh. though I've drifted away from the fandom, i am so so so incredibly moved by this video. I(somewhat) know what a big deal this is for him, and it makes me so angry that he went through all that violence and self hatered. I never thought he would make a honest, 45 minute video discussing his childhood, family, relationships, identity. what a fucking glow up.

it shocked me that he wasn't officially out to his family until very recently, and I'd love to hear more about that story if he ever wants to share it.

he actually addressed his early relationship w phil?? who is he?? their friendship has always moved me, so hearing how much it helped him was so so so nice.

this might be reaching, or completely unrelated to the contents of the video, but his mannerisms and gestures and speech all just felt more Honest and Real and Genuine. I've honestly never seen him like that and I just hope he's happy and he can feel our love and pride from around the world and he is drowned in positivity and affection by everyone around him.

a person with a largely queer audience making this kind of step forward is a big deal. I'm hoping he helps some gay peeps out there that look up to him

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

blueapple_x
flower crown

I'm not at all articulate enough to express how proud I am of Dan. Everything feels SO surreal--it hasn't even really hit me yet.

Happy Pride everyone!
StripedSquash
smol bean

Oh my god. Holy crap. I have no words for this video. I'm shocked his family didn't know when the Internet has "known" for years. The fear he must have felt with the whole phandom discussing his sexuality and relationship for years. My mind is blown! So many feelings :happytears:
lurkin
squish

I came home from work like two seconds after he uploaded, and now I'm crying in my living room with so many thoughts and feelings about it. I'm just so fucking happy y'all.

I feel ashamed that so many of my years active in the phandom were filled with me obsessing over Dan's sexuality and potential relationship with Phil (which in true Dan humor fashion I have learned was just unknowingly gay me relating to him, imagine that, 14 year old me). I've always related to Dan super hard since I started watching him (almost exactly 7 years ago to the month holy shit) and have distanced myself from the phandom since, but have been able to draw more parallels as Ive grown up. Hearing him talk about how he feels about Phil and relating that to my relationship and the circumstances in which I met my girlfriend and also the "im not picky, im easy" thing which was a bit of a personal attack imo. It just feels like this indescribable, meaningful thing and has really kind've been an unintentional culmination point of my adolescence.

I'm so proud of Dan for being so unashamed, vulnerable, and himself. I didn't even know he could be more candid and himself until I saw this video. I feel like we really got a special glimpse into who Dan really is, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm also grateful for having been a witness to the a large chunk of the timeline that he mentioned in his video and being able to watch the growth and change in him over time. God, I'm just so fucking happy y'all and I'm fucking done trying to be articulate about it. I think I might cry some more and call it an evening lmao.
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
lurkin
squish

pararlama wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

this might be reaching, or completely unrelated to the contents of the video, but his mannerisms and gestures and speech all just felt more Honest and Real and Genuine. I've honestly never seen him like that and I just hope he's happy and he can feel our love and pride from around the world and he is drowned in positivity and affection by everyone around him.

I literally thought the same thing. I didn't know Dan could get any Danthan this, but here we are. It's so refreshing and moving to see him this happy and sincere. Even talking about his suicide attempt was a large thing, and I found myself choked up about his candidness and how raw he was on camera. Aaaaand I'm crying again
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ugh *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
DeadlyNova
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

I haven't posted on here in God knows how long, but I wanted to come online for the first time in a while to pretty much repeat what everyone else has said....I'm SO proud of Dan and happy for him. As someone who has struggled with how to label myself and jumping from bi to labeling myself as a lesbian pretty recently and in my mid-twenties, his story was pretty relateable in some regards.

The video made me cry at least once, what a masterpiece.
susan2
rainbow nerd

gawd i'm so happy for him.
i hope he's feeling loved tonight. and every night.
:prideheart:
Last edited by susan2 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frkin-zazzed
drama llama

Logging tf back in for the first time in like 2 years to say I am SO proud of dan for getting through everything that's happened to him and being out and proud <3
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was such a good video. It made me laugh and cry, but mostly it just made me incredibly proud of Dan. :love1:
Also love Phil’s tweets.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ok so basically My Wig
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
thephandommenace
procrastinator

Well done, Dan <3

I interpreted the bit about Phil to be in the past but tbh it doesn't matter, I hope Dan feels freed, and can see how loved he is.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I AM SO PROUD
i'm not a fully functioning human right now but just know that i love and adore them with everything that i have and i'm so so proud
kiro56
tol bean

Best video Dan ever made. I couldn't be prouder. :stan:
noodlebum
flower crown

Can't believe all the hurt and trauma he went through, far more than I ever imagined despite him being in therapy. No wonder he never wanted to go back to his home town. I thought he felt too good for people back home (feel terrible thinking that, but I'm being honest) but so understandable now. Everything he's ever said about his teen years and school life is just thrown into such a new horrific light.

Sounds like Phil came into his life at such a crucial time, and truly are best friends for life :sunshine: :rainbow:

So much I want to say but can't form words, except I'm very proud of him.
autumnhearth
senpai

There’s the Dan I’ve been waiting for. And the type of video I knew was in him. And I’m not talking about it being a coming out, but his demeanor and his sincerity and the quality are so amazing. He has always been a great story teller and has harrowing his story is, it is so important and he tells in so strongly. By far my favorite Dan video.

This not at all about what anyone knew or thought they knew, this is all about what we didn’t know, the depth and intensity of his journey. There were so many points through out that video that my heart ached for him. I was so fucking lucky to have a supportive family and community as a teenager. I experienced nothing close to this, only a few slurs and a vandalized locker. He is so incredibly strong to have gone through all of that and emerge this beautiful human being.

I am so damn proud. Well done Dan! :prideheart:
Last edited by autumnhearth on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alch
ar·tic·u·late

this video was incredible and i'm so proud of him and don't know how to express my thoughts

(it's been a while but damn this brought me back)
RiriPandaHeart2
phabergé

I said I won't use this account anymore (for reasons Kpop-related), but I just couldn't resist coming here and expressing just how proud I am of Dan (and Phil) for coming out. As a person who was bullied when I was young, I could relate to Dan a lot, but I think his pain and hardship was way beyond mine. I'm so proud of him for having the courage to say what he has been through when I couldn't even articulate my own experience. Tbh, I wasn't expecting either of them to come out. I always thought we'd end up in a scenario of "we know that they know that we know", so this has been a pleasant surprise. <3 My heart ached for Dan (and is still aching) because of everything he went through, but I'm so happy that his life got better and now he's in a place where he can acknowledge what he went through, articulate it, and use it to help others who might be undergoing the same thing. This will be my fave video from him. Hands down! <3 this was the most honest, sincere video I have ever seen from anyone. It felt like I was just listening to a friend talk about his life. If he were beside me, I would have given him hot chocolate, a blanket, and hugs, though they might not help at all. I'm just so damn proud of him that i couldn't resist coming here to share it with you guys who have been such a huge part of my Dan and Phil life, and to revel in a community full of supportive people also being proud of a person I look up to. <3 I missed being in the Phandom. <3
P: What are you doing?

D: I'm feeding it to you.

P: Why is it so slow?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I was so surprised to see what the video was about, the adrenaline was real and I was so happy and proud of him. 45 minutes too, phew, I’m here for that, hadn’t seen him in so long, I’m happy to hear everything. He’s so thorough and a lot of his usual funny style, but boy the whiplash into serious sadness, that changed fast. My heart was bursting by the end.

It’s a fantastically done video as well as surprising that he’s actually told us all of this, I never thought he would. Love the aesthetic too, very dramatic, simple, but effective, and sparkly, tbh I found the green light too much sometimes, but also didn’t pick up that the lights are the pride flag colours? Clever. He’s got hella views too, heck, trending and everything. Well done, Daniel :ribena:
Last edited by flarequake on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I literally sent this video to my therapist and was like "if you want something to watch I'll probably need to talk about how heavily I identify with this video next week".

My feels
I am 4 years older than Dan and pretty much emo was 100% my path to accepting a very long hard road to understanding my sexuality, which included a lot of the crap that Dan talked about - depression, losing all my friends, really bad bullying ending in hospitalization, not telling my parents until I moved (in my case) 3000 miles away.
Last edited by plinthofmylife on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm so insanely proud of Dan. I really didn't except him to ever make a video like this, nor with the detail and in this explicit fashion (I love the nod to contrapoints through the entire thing tho ahh :')). I'm filled with a lot of love for Dan right now. Like so much, I still can't even process everything. I think a video like this will help a lot of people, and I'm so proud of Dan for making it with that in mind too. He's brave and courageous, and it takes a lot of selflessness and a very good heart to use a platform for something so personal and raw, and to do that with the intent of helping others too. I'm just so proud of him and I feel a lot of love for him, and I can't say much more than that because there's a lot of process.
On a personal note, I'm very lucky to have grown up in a very accepting environment, where my mother explained what gay was to me before I could get a bad idea (which uh, unfortunately didn't stop me from making horrible gay jokes back in the day /:) and always said she would welcome any queer person with open arms. Somethings she would say would throw me off though, and with a mix of other things from other people that were downright awful, I just never thought I could be queer. I started watching dnp in late 2014, and somewhere in 2015 as I embedded myself in this community where people are accepting and welcoming and are okay with any kind of sexuality or gender expression without judgement, and where Dan and Phil themselves have said the same thing, I went on my own journey of queer discovery. I think at some point in my life I would have realized I was queer (with all the crises I've had about labels and who I actually like etc I think it's a given) but without this community I wouldn't know myself the way I do today.
I guess I'm just grateful to Dan for making that even more explicit in a video like that. It's going to help a lot of people. I hope it helped him on his journey too. I have a lot of love in my heart for him :prideheart: Happy pride everyone :prideheart:
Jeweul
sad dimple

Dan just opened up a wonderful, wonderful can of worms. I hope this new chapter of his life brings him peace and strength within himself to truly BE himself. The message of his story is something that I feel will bring the feeling of hope and bravery into many people's lives, and give them the option to also be their true selves. Bless you Dan.
Apple In My Pie
tol bean

I honestly feel like I’m dreaming and almost like this didn’t really happen.

I’ve had lots of struggles with my sexuality and tbh I’m still not sure but I’ve settled for bisexual for now, and so much of that video hit home for me - the internalised homophobia, the fear, the confusion. This video was so well articulated and, in a weird way, it wasn’t about Daniel at all. I mean of course it WAS, being that it’s his coming out video, but at the same time he brought up so many points that related to the lgbt community on the whole that it wasn’t a coming out but it was a reach out, a sense of solidarity, so even in his coming out video which should be so personal and raw for him, is so closely linked to helping and healing other people.. which is a perfect example of who he really is. :love1:

It also gives me guilt because, there were some things I criticised Dan on. Not necessarily his sexuality (I don’t really involve myself in phan stuff, that belongs to him/phil) but I criticised him for not being so transparent with his audience in regards to ‘the hiatus’. While I still think transparency to a point is always good he really laid it out for me as to why this break took so very long for him. I understand now and I’m glad he opened up to us in this way.

I love the new aesthetics of the video. I’m not sure if they were a one off for the coming out or whether this is the direction danielhowell is going in but if it is, I welcome it.

I love him with all of my heart, I hope that one day I will be as bright and as confident with myself as he is in himself. :prideheart:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Surreal moment of the hour, amongst various other youtube/celebrity tweets: