Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I'm back with more thoughts. I was one of the people who seriously doubted he would upload and considered if maybe he was leaving Youtube alltogether and the first thing I wanna do is admit that I was wrong and I'm so happy I was wrong. I think he explained quite well why he struggled to upload and why there was so little communication and I get it now. What he did was honestly one of the bravest things I've seen a Youtuber do because this isn't just a coming out video.

I appreciate everything about this video. His honesty of course, but also his acknowledgement of his own privilege, the shout out to the trans and ace communities, his super articulate explanation of why labels can be important to people etc.. It's so personal but at the same time such a perfect breakdown of what it feels like being queer in this day and age. (Does this make sense? It makes sense to me.)

I've been following Dan (and Phil) since about 2012 now and just looking back at everything that's happened and how far they've come, especially Dan, especially considering the new light the video sheds on some aspects of it, it honestly almost makes me wanna cry with joy (dramatic, I know). Not just because I'm happy for him, but because I just know this video will help so many people come to terms with their own struggles with sexuality.

Okay, I'll stop rambling but I'm honestly emotional over this for so many reasons, tl;dr: I'm happy for him and for all the people this video will help and for us as a community and also I'm happy I was wrong.
blue_bear
dank meme

:tu: This video was the best thing I've ever seen. EVER!!! I've cried, laughed and felt proud watching it.. my heart!! :happytears:

I'm not the typical Dan & Phil follower.. I'm 38, married with two boys.. but I've always loved these two goofballs and followed them for years now.. I was always more of a Dangirl but I've came here to say what a truly amazing and beautiful friend Phil is!!! This guy always seemed so nice, caring and loving but this was so much more!! I love him even more now!! :love1: :prideheart: :love1:

But all I want right now is to travel back in time, go to teen Dan's bedroom and give him a hug and tell him he's going to be okay! :sobs: :brokenheart:
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

My feelings summarized: :happytears:

This video really exceeded anything I ever though we would get from either of them. It was raw, personal and truly life changing, not only for him but probably for many people watching too. Waking up and seeing him trend on youtube, twitter and reddit really shows what impact this video already have had.

The way he talked about his family and childhood trauma felt like a punch in the face. Not because I relate in anyway but because no child should ever have to through that. I'm so happy that he's still here and that things has changed for him. I now have a whole new understanding for why he's been so private about his family and childhood in the past (compared to Phil) and why going back to his home town is so difficult for him.

One thing I really love is how this shows that no coming out story is the same. Look at the difference in Dan's and Phil's ways, one epic tell-all video explaining what the internet have speculated about for a decade, and one off-hand comment in a tweet. It's brilliant and so so them.

I cried like a baby watching it last night, but what broke me this morning was going through his likes and seeing the support from the online community. A collection of few of my faves:
Sathu
smol bean
Pronouns: He/him

There is so much I want to say about this video, but I can't form the words right now. I broke down after watching the video last night, to my brother, because despite being out to my family and friends, I've never dealt or spoke about the things I went through when I first realised I was gay, back in secondary school. I've ignored it for so long, but watching that video, hearing Dan talk about everything he's been through...it gave me hope that I can get better, will get better. Took the first step last night in admitting I need help to my family.

I'll come back to this once I'm in better frame of mind, but Dan, can never thank you enough for posting what you did. Seeing all the responses to your video, on here, on twitter...the love being shown, it's wonderful.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

HOW FKIN CUUUUTE !!!
kavat
pastel persona

Adding this tweet too because like, same.
(Remember when she was rumored to date Dan? That was wild.)
ravenreyes
sofa crease

once again, i'm just so happy for him!!
english is not my first language
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

If you guys want to have a good cry with this video from 2018

sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

ravenreyes wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:40 am
(thank you for doing this bc i sat here at 6:40 am my time looking like the meme of the lady doing math bc i couldn’t figure out how to embed a tweet. #old)

Goddamn right it is ❤️🧡💛💙💚💜🖤

I have watched and rewatched and I still have nothing eloquent to say other than I love him so much and I am so happy for him. I can’t imagine the weight that’s been lifted. Watching all of his peers across the internet shower him with the love he deserves has me in a soft puddle of love today. You go Dan 🌈
glitterintheair
phillluminati

He's never gonna shut up about it now, is he? Bless his heart, I wanna hug him so tight.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

This mishmash of a post comes to you in four parts.

Part 1:
lefthandedism wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:14 am And, y'all, it's entirely possible that Dan and Phil can be best friends, soulmates, and companions for life--that is, in a committed romantic relationship--and Dan wouldn't mind if someone slipped into his dms. I continue to be confident that phan is real, but I don't think monogamy is a requirement for that realness.
Yes, this! Let's not overlook the fact that Dan slipped in "poly" as one of the labels that might potentially work for him at [37:28]. With the wording that was used in this video, I would be somewhat surprised if Dan was in a monogamous relationship, and I would also be somewhat surprised if he described his present relationship status as "single."

Part 2:
I want to pull out a moment from my long list of timestamps that I haven't yet seen commented on anywhere. Listening to the audio of the video, I can't understand anything that's being said. The video captions, however, spell everything out. They make the darkest moment of the video so much darker... They also make me wonder if Dan did the video captions himself or at least heavily edited them for accuracy.
itasca00 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 am
  • [19:11] Dan says this was the lowest point of his life. He talks about praying to God, even though he didn’t really believe in Him, to make him straight. He continues:
    D: But I saw no end. No escape. No way to change the world or who I was. So one evening, I thought,Fuck it, and I attempted suicide.

D: I say “attempted” because, just before it was too late, I thought, [from the video captions] Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit. Oh, shit. What have I done? What have I done? Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. What will your grandma think? Don’t do this to her. She tried her best, and she loves you. Your family aren’t total dicks, and this will fuck them up. Can’t you just get over it? Surely. You’re gonna get to the last year of school and give up now? Really? What was the point? I heard this is one of the most painful ways to die, so not a great choice if I’m being blunt.

D: Felt kind of bad for a few days. Otherwise, I pretended it never happened, and I didn’t tell anyone. Until now. Literally.
Part 3:
I realize now that I forgot to timestamp Dan's multiple mentions of Runescape. There may be more, but these are the two I remember:
  • [8:25] Same.
    D: I kinda knew who I was in the hierarchy at that point. I was essentially a theatre kid who spent all of his free time playing Runescape on the AOL browser on his mum's PC instead of football.
  • [17:55] Dan's analysis of his choice to hang out with the "in-betweeners":
    D: Just full-time Runescape would have been better in hindsight.
Part 4:
Finally, when put in a situation where you find it necessary to refer to Dan's sexuality, I'm really curious to hear which label people are going to use: queer or gay. I don't think Dan cares either way, so I'm really only asking for my own curiosity. Personally, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There's the title of the video and the email to his family (and the tweet from a few minutes ago) that are both pro "gay." But Dan also seems so much more comfortable with the term "queer," and I think he uses it more when referring to himself throughout the video. But then there's also the whole lead-up to him saying that he's gay, and he seems to want to tear down the incredibly negative associations that he has with that label. Maybe calling him gay would help with that. :shrug:
This reminds me somewhat about the internal debate I have when referring to "the community." I used to just say "LGBT community" because I didn't know any other term. After I had learned a bit more, I started using "LGBTQIA+," but after a year or so, I realized that this really wasn't any better than "LGBT" because it's still not comprehensive and it never can be.

The term "gender and sexual minorities" was introduced to me as a more inclusive alternative. I use this now when talking to people in the community because they'll (probably) know what it is, and I use "LGBT+" when talking with people outside of the community because that's easier for them to understand. This is what reminds me of "queer" vs. "gay" as it applies to Dan. Perhaps he identifies more strongly with "queer" but chooses to also use "gay" because it's easier for society to understand right now.

Also, the phrase "community of gender and sexual minorities" is pretty wordy, so I'll sometimes shorten it to "queer community." However, I feel really reluctant doing this because I know "queer" doesn't work for so many people. There are so many who still find "queer" an offensive and hurtful term, and I know there are others who feel that "queer" mostly refers to sexualities and not gender identities. Some of my (trans, nonbinary, bi, pan, etc.) friends also like to use "gay" as an umbrella term like "queer," but I can't see that ever catching on.
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
bevioletsky
glabella

Oh this is nearly making me cry, he's really feeling free and relieved after posting the video, isn't he? :happytears:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

what a great day indeed!

I'm just so proud of Dan. Proud and full of love for both these boys, really <3 I'm also aghast at the things Dan's gone through, and very thankful that he's still here to tell the tale, thankful that he met Phil along the way, just all around thankful and did I mention proud yet? because I am. If I could give him a proper hug, I would.

happy pride y'all :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Same bro.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Puffy
drama llama

Just to say, and not to start a big ~debate as I doubt he wanted to do that, but in the context of what he was saying when he mentioned poly, I think it’s possible he meant polysexual rather than polyamorous. Like if he considered “bi, pan, poly” as possible identities, in that context I would interpret it to mean polysexual.

(And in case anyone has never heard about polysexuality, according to the internet it means being attracted to multiple genders and seems to be distinct from pansexuality)
notworthreading
phillion/danosaur <//3

itasca00 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am Let's not overlook the fact that Dan slipped in "poly" as one of the labels that might potentially work for him at [37:28]
I'm not saying he's monogamous, but I'm pretty sure he meant poly as in polysexual, which is another label that means "someone who is sexually and/or romantically attracted to multiple genders".

Edit: Oops, too late.
Last edited by notworthreading on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
phanfckingtastic
living flop

Welcome officially to the family D&P :rainbow:
Dan’s 2nd best video ever, and absolutely LOVED the contrasting coming out styles between them lmao
Phil is still just... ah, the best.

As he started going through his life I started to wonder what would happen when he got to 2009, but he surprised me. I honestly thought even if they came out they would never even mention their relationship. Happy to be proven wrong.

What remains a pain in the ass is the phandom having many dense people apparently unable to understand anything that isn’t literal, or taking throwaway jokes (like the dms line) way too literally. Yes, Phil DID come out via tweet, yes, Linda, they’re boYfrIendS, give it up.

They’re here, they’re queer, and remain the greatest yt love story.

Today is a day off for me so might go on a little revisit to old videos with this new perspective. A lovely end to my decade in the phandom. Wish them all the best <3

Now the mystery is solved and the suspicions confirmed I can go back to following the Buttigiegs, who provide a lot more content and same levels of wholesomeness - or even more, and the stakes couldn’t be higher. Ey 2020!

Wow.
Feels surreal, huh?
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

joining the party!

it was the middle of the night when i got the video notif and i was 100% sure i was imagining it. i watched it in the morning before work. BAD IDEA! i could barely concentrate all day. oh, my heart is so full right now.

the details of the bullying he went through destroyed me. and yet he has emerged a kind and lovely soul and is with people who love and support him, and has found his soulmate. what a beautiful journey and how much hope it must bring to someone who thinks it will never get better!

the parts about internalised oppression really hit home, it was years before i could accept myself as bisexual. i'm one of the ones who found comfort in a label, but he explained his take on labels so well.

also the contrapoints/philosophytube influence is clear, but this is still a wonderful exhibition of his own humorous but honest storytelling style. it's a piece of art for the ages.

i love him, i love phil, i am such a bundle of joy and emotion right now. aaaaahhh
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
firsttimeposter
living flop

dan talking about us ‘wanting to know more about his and phil’s relationship’ and saying “I take that as a compliment” really shows that he knows his and phil’s relationship is freaking beautiful haha.
noodlebum
flower crown

Wow to Jeremy Corbyn replying :o

I hope he's proud of himself for that video. He's had so much support for both the topic and coming out itself, but also the writing (thanks writing camp haha), visuals, tone etc.

Also, I wonder if they'll bring back any joint videos now, even just in the background of Phil's or maybe a mukbang? A liveshow would be awesome right now as well, it would be so happy and joyful :sunshine: Imagine Vidcon now, wow... he's going to have so many creators talking to him about it. All quite crazy really. Truly a new chapter for him and for everyone involved in this community :rainbow:

Imagine the possible future videos now, wow.

Also I dreamed that I was travelling to Vidcon with them last night, it was great :happytears: Am in a happy bubble
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I didn't get to reply to even a fraction of the amazing posts I saw yesterday and this morning so I'm just gonna make this post a mess of replies.
Katka wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:35 am I've been following Dan (and Phil) since about 2012 now and just looking back at everything that's happened and how far they've come, especially Dan, especially considering the new light the video sheds on some aspects of it, it honestly almost makes me wanna cry with joy (dramatic, I know). Not just because I'm happy for him, but because I just know this video will help so many people come to terms with their own struggles with sexuality.
I think one of my favorite things right now is seeing the reaction of people who have followed them for so many years. I'm a lot newer to phandom (late 2015) so I did miss out on the most high tension years, but it's incredibly moving the power of which people who saw him in real time at his worst moments are responding to him now at his best.
kavat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:37 amOne thing I really love is how this shows that no coming out story is the same. Look at the difference in Dan's and Phil's ways, one epic tell-all video explaining what the internet have speculated about for a decade, and one off-hand comment in a tweet. It's brilliant and so so them.
It's so them! And it brings me so much joy! I hope Phil is just as proud and comfortable with himself right now as Dan is. (Also, Phil's tweet might not be getting the media attention Dan's is, but holy shit at the number of likes on it. 200k as of when I'm posting this.)
itasca00 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:50 am
Part 4:
Finally, when put in a situation where you find it necessary to refer to Dan's sexuality, I'm really curious to hear which label people are going to use: queer or gay. I don't think Dan cares either way, so I'm really only asking for my own curiosity. Personally, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. There's the title of the video and the email to his family (and the tweet from a few minutes ago) that are both pro "gay." But Dan also seems so much more comfortable with the term "queer," and I think he uses it more when referring to himself throughout the video. But then there's also the whole lead-up to him saying that he's gay, and he seems to want to tear down the incredibly negative associations that he has with that label. Maybe calling him gay would help with that. :shrug:
This reminds me somewhat about the internal debate I have when referring to "the community." I used to just say "LGBT community" because I didn't know any other term. After I had learned a bit more, I started using "LGBTQIA+," but after a year or so, I realized that this really wasn't any better than "LGBT" because it's still not comprehensive and it never can be.

The term "gender and sexual minorities" was introduced to me as a more inclusive alternative. I use this now when talking to people in the community because they'll (probably) know what it is, and I use "LGBT+" when talking with people outside of the community because that's easier for them to understand. This is what reminds me of "queer" vs. "gay" as it applies to Dan. Perhaps he identifies more strongly with "queer" but chooses to also use "gay" because it's easier for society to understand right now.

Also, the phrase "community of gender and sexual minorities" is pretty wordy, so I'll sometimes shorten it to "queer community." However, I feel really reluctant doing this because I know "queer" doesn't work for so many people. There are so many who still find "queer" an offensive and hurtful term, and I know there are others who feel that "queer" mostly refers to sexualities and not gender identities. Some of my (trans, nonbinary, bi, pan, etc.) friends also like to use "gay" as an umbrella term like "queer," but I can't see that ever catching on.
I'll probably go with queer, but I can't decide if that's because I think Dan prefers it or it's just a personal issue that I relate to a lot and being unsure which word to use for myself and finding more comfort in queer. But I feel like if I'm gonna project onto Dan then doing so between the two options that he put on the table himself isn't so bad.

I also included the part you hid in those quote because... I also identify with that conflict a lot, and have come to no actual conclusions.
phanfckingtastic wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 amWhat remains a pain in the ass is the phandom having many dense people apparently unable to understand anything that isn’t literal, or taking throwaway jokes (like the dms line) way too literally. Yes, Phil DID come out via tweet, yes, Linda, they’re boYfrIendS, give it up.

That made me laugh, and I agree. I also want so much to process and discuss other things about the video but the relationship one is the one most frequently being asserted as a question right now so that's what I have ended up answering most despite not wanting to focus on that, which has been a personal frustration. But beyond that I'm so blindingly happy for them and what they have and the support and dynamic and just the strength of that bond. And on a similar note, gonna slide this right in just before I hit post:
firsttimeposter wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm dan talking about us ‘wanting to know more about his and phil’s relationship’ and saying “I take that as a compliment” really shows that he knows his and phil’s relationship is freaking beautiful haha.
Freakin' yeah.
idk wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 am The only word and emotion I keep coming back to is pride. I am so immeasurably completely and overwhelmingly proud of Dan.

I’ve been thinking about him talking about the June video last year and I can’t help but think of him saying then, “I did that trying to live my truth video and I was heading forward with a lot of intent and then I was going to make another video but I thought about it a lot I probably spent a bit too much time thinking about it...” and then his tweet today saying, “I always wanted to upload this next video in the month of June.. it ended up taking an entire year longer than I thought but here we are again and now it is time…” confirming that it was the same video. I’m glad he took his time to come out absolutely when he was ready and completely on his own terms. I respect how much of a deliberate decision this was for him. And that he wanted to do it specifically in pride month. Mad respect, man.

The video itself was phenomenal. And brave. And courageous. And admirable. And about a million other things.
Dan was able to maintain an air of gravitas and seriousness whilst balancing it out with comedic jibes. He balanced quintessential Dan humour and self deprecation with incredibly heavy stuff and information and opinions. And he did it well. It was both heartbreaking and heart warming and I commend him greatly for it. It took an immense amount of courage and bravery to make this video, to go in depth about intimate and personal details like he did.

He was so incredibly vulnerable about the things he’s been through and thought and experienced and I greatly admire his continued openness and vulnerability about his on-going and current fear of not being accepted. This stuff takes an immeasurable amount of courage particularly as he lives his life on such a large scale.

The fact that he openly discussed his attempt on his life and said that he didn’t tell anyone right up until that moment in the video genuinely hurt. There are no words to describe how proud I am of him and how proud he should be of himself.

My heart aches for younger Dan. He has clearly been through a lifetime of undeserved pain and I’m incredibly glad it got (and continues to be) better for him. Also loved the casual mention (and subsequent continued normalisation) of his therapist.

I definitely think the two tours, but particularly Interactive Introverts, had a large impact on Dan. Seeing how so many people in his audience are also queer and diverse and I’m glad he found comfort and strength in that.

I appreciated him acknowledging that he is an able bodied, white, cis man and that it could have been harder for him and that he is privileged in those respects.

I also have mad respect for Dan thanking all the people who came before him. No doubt many will feel this way towards Dan. It’s a beautiful world. This video will (and already has) change lives. He deserves to be more than proud of that and of himself.

I’m not going to get into too many of the finer details of the video but the thing I keep coming back to is that he only told his own family this month. This month in this year. After several attempts this year at that. That was honestly shocking to me. And I’m proud of him for it.

I also appreciated how heart-warmingly and overwhelmingly Dan it was of him to tell his family by sending an email entitled ‘to the family from the awkward one’. I love him.

It was heartwarming to see his grandma who we know he loves and values a lot respond with warmth and love. And it was warming to see the support from the other members of his remaining family.

Dan talking about the impact Phil has had on his life is so sweet and so profound imo. Dan I Don’t Believe In Soulmates Howell saying Phil is his soulmate, saying he found him when he needed him most, that Phil was a safe space for him… man, quite frankly it kinda hurts.

I am absolutely and completely in awe of their relationship and the endless and unwavering support they have for one another. Chris once said that the relationship between Dan and Phil is something that most people will never experience and I think that’s poignantly true. I’m glad they have each other.

I loved the way he talked about Phil but didn’t speak for Phil. Everything was completely his experience and in relation to him. And I respect that he put this as a disclaimer in the description of the video.

I also wanted to take a minute to appreciate Phil and his tweet. So classically and comfortingly Phil. Proud of him too. Also the way he showed that this was something they had talked about together is beautiful. The potential that Phil may get more personal with his content, even if it’s just a single video, is so intriguing. I wish him more than luck for it. Also, Phil calling Dan’s video a ‘masterpiece’ also holds so much weight and warmth.

In terms of the aesthetics of the video: I thought it was visually stunning. I liked the chaptering and the visual light colour changes as the chapters changed. I love how you could tell he’s been heavily influenced by Natalie in the video and I think it works well for him. I thought him switching out skits for drawings was a cool move and added to the visual pleasure of the video. I’m intrigued to see where he goes aesthetically from here.

All I have wanted for Dan is peace of mind and I hope (and think) this is a landmark turning point for him on that journey. I can’t imagine how he must feel now that he’s discussed it publicly on a platform with millions of people subscribed to him and on his own terms. I hope he wakes up feeling relieved and knowing he’s loved and supported and understood and free to go about his life openly from here on out. In control of what he shares. Sharing because he wants to.

I can’t imagine how it must feel for him seeing people he has openly admired like Owen Jones and Olly Alexander, amongst all his fellow peers, directly publicly supporting him. Also been thinking about that old liveshow in which Dan talked about how he cried when Connor Franta made his coming out video and now Connor’s congratulating him.

I am filled with nothing but pride and admiration seeing his contemporaries and peers and those he respects respond to him with warmth and love and support, seeing him get over 2 million views in 7 hours, seeing him trend worldwide on twitter for hours, seeing his video trending at number 1 on youtube. He deserves this. I hope he takes comfort from it.

I’m impossibly glad that he (and Phil) can move forward with their lives proudly and openly on their terms in their own way. I wish them nothing but luck in the next chapter of their lives. I wish both him and Phil nothing but a continued life time of happiness.
This entire post is just.... imagine me dabbing my eyes with a handkerchief.
Phantasy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 am I’m just really happy to finally see a #1 trending 45min video about a member of the queer community that isn’t about drama or trashy clout wars.

What a positive and wholesome representation for Pride Month and for the entire queer community to see a youtuber/ celebrity share his story that will undoubtedly inspire so many others.

And not to mention in such a cynical age and where everything is treated like a reality tv show and seemingly every influencer (gay or straight) is trying to gain views for who can be messiest... to want to respectfully keep some things private, but also lowkey confirm a (presumably monogamous) gay relationship between soulmates has been going strong for 10 years is so so endearing and uplifting and incredibly positive for anyone, regardless of orientation, but especially LGBTQ+ youth who through pop culture and media know almost everything about gay love through the lens of tinder/grindr hookup culture where everything is so fleeting.

The gay/queer community is blessed today and gained an amazing ambassador. I for one am so inspired.
This whole post is just a big yes for me.
Grumpybisexual
delia smith
Pronouns: She/her

Can I just bring this back because it feels wonderfully relevant to the way I felt waking up this morning in this whole new era! :happytears:

What a great day to be gay indeed :rainbow: :love2:

somelikeitpink
living flop

its been. god knows too long.. since I was logged in (hardly remembered my password)

But my god did I have to come back. Dan. DAN. I just.. I have no words.

I couldn't believe the video yesterday and there were so many moments and things that broke my heart, over and over and over again.

But I am also so proud of him. I joined the phandom in 2014 and if someone had told me back then that Dan would ever make a video like this.. I would have laughed at you. The amount of personal growth there just... blows me away.
(Also I feel like I need to be equally proud of Phil because god knows he came out just the way he probably wanted to as well).

I am not sure how i'll ever rewatch old videos (I tried to rewatch Pinof and it just literally broke me) but I think I should, just to apply this new found perspective.

I am just so so so proud of Dan. Occasionally the world is still a good place.

And while I know that this wasn't what the video actually was about but:
phanfckingtastic wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 am What remains a pain in the ass is the phandom having many dense people apparently unable to understand anything that isn’t literal, or taking throwaway jokes (like the dms line) way too literally. Yes, Phil DID come out via tweet, yes, Linda, they’re boYfrIendS, give it up.

They really are the greatest love story on youtube. It makes me choke up to think about not only just how close we came to never having Dan in our lives (and I am going to give Phil credit for this too a little because who knows what would have happened if they never met) and how aware Dan seems to be of the fact just how special what they have is and how much he insisted that it was close and personal to them.

I just... I remember seeing the old videos, the space between them, the infamous tweets and the blog... and now a few years later, we have Dan paying the favour forward, saving lifes too by standing up, out and proud. The fact that the same guy that didn't know how to interact with a camera in hello internet (who was obviously in a lot of pain back then) has used his platform like this, and is now so obviously happy with the person who is his soulmate.

I'm sorry I just still get emotional. Congratulations Dan. We are so proud. :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Even Jeremy Corbyn replied to Dan's video...
(I'm still emotionally processing. Gonna write a longer post here soon)