Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Phantasy
woodland creature

plinthofmylife wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 pm I really, really hope that this drop today means there's a coordinated plan for communication about Dan's future and Joint Content. I think DAPG is a bit too much to hope for but like... please Dan have a BIG Video that says things.
I hope so too! The pessimist in me (sorry, they made me this way :sideeye: ) fears he’ll procrastinate on the real June video, get cold feet, and just publish something else as a placeholder and just end up teasing more content in the future.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Amiaw wrote: i’m not upset at Dan and Phil but I am disappointed in their behavior and so all of the goodwill that they lost this year isn’t going to be made up right away
This. Also it will probably take more than one video and one VidCon appearance to make me care about Dan like I used to. Not because I'm holding a grudge, just because he was gone so long and I just kind of lost interest. Not completely but that's mainly because he and Phil were my favourites for so long. I'm excited to see what's going to change about his content but I'll wait and see how much content (and what kind) we're actually getting from now on.

Meh, I'm having opinions right now but I'll keep them to myself until we have a video or two. I don't wanna spoil this for y'all and I don't wanna be all negative right now - He might surprise us with regular, great content and I don't wanna jinx it by being negative from the get go.
rikonee
drama llama

...I'm a little confused?
I'm happy, yet also a little scared and pissed. But you know, props to them for at least doing this. Hope they actually answer some real ass questions there. Kinda intriguing that they have different panels. (I swear to God, it better be recorded like the previous years). Maybe we will see more surprise from them, it's still too vague now. Can't wait for the creep shots lol.

Warning. A negative opinion ahead.

I hope Dan will keep uploading videos after this and not just make one video for VidCon, go there, do panel and m&g, and vanish again after it's all over. Yeah, yeah, he doesn't owe us anything and all that, but please, ugh. And sorry if I don't think tweets are content.
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

Can I just say

IM SO EXCITED THAT DAN IS EMERGING FROM HIS CAVE.

I am also looking forwards to them being on separate panels, I was thinking about it today and I am ready for some non-joint content tbh.

I’m just mega excited Dan mentioned uploading then having some content to discuss and also I’m even more excited for people who will get to meet them again. I really thought II was the last proper m&g scenario so this makes me so happy! Yay.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
taco baco
dank meme

Is Phil doing anything else during Vidcon besides the Q&A segment and M&G? It looks like Dan's doing a bunch of things, I wonder if he's just choosing not to do more stuff...for some reason. :?
oi he's mine
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Oh WOW I can't believe Dan and Phil are at muse AND we got a picture of them together!! What! is! today!

Also please excuse my demon for getting emotional over them seeing muse all things considered :happytears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

has an insta story ever made you almost pass out?

because me. today.

:fan:

i love them so fucking much happy june everyone. happy 10th year of phan. happy 5th muse concert. happyhappyhappy :love2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Someone just like, hold me or something... what the hell is going on today... My abandoned soul can't take it.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:50 pm Oh WOW I can't believe Dan and Phil are at muse AND we got a picture of them together!! What! is! today!

Also please excuse my demon for getting emotional over them seeing muse all things considered :happytears:
I’m currently in London and spend the day in Stratford. Saw so many people with muse shirts but didn’t realise they were playing until I got to the Olympic Park for a walk around. All I thought was OMG I wonder if they would be here I just couldn’t stop thinking about it but because I saw them tweet I thought otherwise. There were thousands!!! of people I would be surprised if they got in without people asking for a pic
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I'M SOBBING. :happytears:

The whole reason these two assholes ever started talking is because they both liked Muse, and here they are 10 years later.

So far June is an excellent month. Keep it coming.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

That picture is just bringing me endless joy at the moment.

:happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

wait. i have more to say.

dan and phil rarely share anniversaries or mile markers of theirs with us - regardless of how much we throw it at them. unless it's a channel anniversary, they're basically silent.

so like....to know... that they count.... their muse concerts? look i know i'm losing it a touch. but like happiness is literally seeping out of my pores over this selfie. and that they're on their 5th concert. it's so cute. it's so sweet. it's so THEM.

june, i already love you.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I'm so easy they can buy me with one fucking selfie. 10 YEARS and they still love Muse together. Someone just slap me in the face or something. please

Can we talk about how this is definitely a Decision on their end? Like they must have had some talks and decided that yeah Dan will stop playing hide and seek and yeah we'll post a selfie and yeah we're doing this. I don't know what their plans are, I don't know how much hope I dare have for joint content, but they made the first major step in MONTHS and it was with a selfie lowkey celebrating the very thing that got them together 10 years ago. Okay then. And with Vidcon, of course, but this is like... just their thing? Not an official thing, just them at a concert. MUSE CONCERT.
YEAH. SLAP ME.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm also very down with Phil wearing a rainbow vibes t-shirt on an exciting night out to see his favor band with his Dan-friend. (I know it's just a Topman shirt, but look. Look. I just love it.)
Grey
lady door

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:04 am I'm so easy they can buy me with one fucking selfie.
Same! Apparently that’s all I needed because that photo genuinely improved my evening. Stop the madness. :happytears:

About vidcon: I’m not holding my breath but I’ve always enjoyed them at conventions so I guess I’m kinda looking forward to it? Wow, risky. Scared is also something I’m feeling.
I'm having a stress.
phloridas
phillion/danosaur <//3

WOW I was not at all expecting that Muse photo but I’m so so so happy!!! And soft. And jealous but we won’t talk about that. What an incredible surprise, I’m so glad they had such a good time!

I just can’t get over how happy they look too? And coordinating? With this and the Vidcon news, I have a pretty good feeling about the future and I so hope I’m right. Happy birthday (and pride!) month to me indeed. :D
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:17 am I'm also very down with Phil wearing a rainbow vibes t-shirt on an exciting night out to see his favor band with his Dan-friend. (I know it's just a Topman shirt, but look. Look. I just love it.)
And wearing a rainbow vibes shirt on the first day of pride month no less :happytears: i’m fine everything’s fine, i definitely didn’t just talk my poor 36 year old husband’s ear off for 20 minutes about about dan and phil :? :oops:
phloridas
phillion/danosaur <//3

Oh man, not to double post but I just realized Phil’s first known reply to Dan was on June 2, 2009, and that first Muse conversation must have come pretty soon after. This show really couldn’t have come at a better time for them.

I don’t know how much they pay attention to that stuff but wow, I’m insanely soft right now. :happytears: :happytears:
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

phloridas wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 am Oh man, not to double post but I just realized Phil’s first known reply to Dan was on June 2, 2009, and that first Muse conversation must have come pretty soon after. This show really couldn’t have come at a better time for them.

I don’t know how much they pay attention to that stuff but wow, I’m insanely soft right now. :happytears: :happytears:
OMG :happytears:
rikonee
drama llama

phloridas wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:02 am Oh man, not to double post but I just realized Phil’s first known reply to Dan was on June 2, 2009, and that first Muse conversation must have come pretty soon after. This show really couldn’t have come at a better time for them.

After seeing the selfie, it already makes me soft. But reading this, it makes me even softer.
:happytears:
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
liola
rankussy

I just want you all to know that It's 5am I woke up randomly with my phone filled with notifications and thought "wtf did those two do" and then I won't deny or confirm I got lil tears in my eyes at that selfie and I'm all :happytears: so if I wake up next and I t was a dream I'm gonna be pissed

Anyway I love them and I'm happy for them and their love and June is already the best month of the year bye
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
opendoor
rainbow nerd

aww, this is so adorable, muse, i can't. :prideheart:
also my signature is getting less and less relevant by the day!
I miss Dan Howell's stupid face.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

My heart’s still frosty, I’m :sideeye: at the sight of it. Suddenly decide they exist to us again, okay. Cute that they’ve shared a personal thing like Muse, I suppose, that was the last thing on my mind. Roll on the defrost, I’m not sure it’ll happen, I don’t feel that love anymore. I’m glad they’re kinda talking to us again, though, it makes a big change.
knq
lava lamp

I'm pleased with everything they shared with us today and I'm also a bit thrown. It feels weird because I've gotten used to how things have been for the last few months, and suddenly it's all very Vidcon! Dan tweeting! Instagram content! Dan and Phil publicly existing in the same visible space at a Muse concert together and then sharing it with us!

And like, I enjoy all those things. But it's weird. Sudden changes are weird. Like. Are they just going to ignore the last however many months it's been since Dan & Phil were a public thing? Because if they went back to 2018 levels of openness with us, that would be awesome, but it would make this whole period in between even weirder, you know?

Not complaining really. Just trying to process. :sherlock:
dontpanic
#relatable

Ablissa wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:54 pm Someone just like, hold me or something... what the hell is going on today... My abandoned soul can't take it.
Dan's making the exact same face I make when I'm high