Dan & Phil Part 85: the phildom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

The best compilation I've seen in a while.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aside from the endless random men only Dan has ever heard of, he looks so damn cute, I’d forgotten how good liveshows were. He always seemed younger in them to me than in his videos, more relaxed and himself maybe.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:22 pm
The best compilation I've seen in a while.
Honestly? Probably my favorite compilations of all time. (There's another if you check the tweet's thread. Doing the Lord's work, idk. Amen and thank you.)

Must be real nice to be a George in Phandom. I'd like to add a yes/no question to the next phandom survey: "Is your name George, Steven, or John?" Just... ya know.... for science.
fancybum
senpai

Schrodinger’s vacation is over at last.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 pm Schrodinger’s vacation is over at last.
Or Phil will wait three days, randomly tweet about the weather in Bruges, and send us all into another tailspin.
knq
lava lamp

I mean they've obviously moved to Japan by now, who are we kidding.

That in combination with the Dan's GeorgeJohnStevieSteven comments reminds me how weird these two men are. Incredibly lovable, but weird af.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Okay this pulled at my heartstrings!
Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Particularly with the world this week, I get it.
fancybum
senpai

So many conflicting emotions because on one hand I 100% agree, but on the other hand, my immediate reaction to seeing that was literally ‘yeah well fuck you too’. Actively being part of the problem of social media just being a lot of misdirected and projected aggression as catharsis for feeling inwardly shitty that leads to a black hole of comparison and resentment and alienation. But the memes tho.

Like are we allowed to get it but still resent it? Does it have to be one or the other? If he’s happier ghosting, then cool, but does that take precedence over the happiness of his yearning viewers? Precedence in the sense that we should just be happy he’s happy when it’s in opposition to our own happiness (keeping in mind none of this has any effect on Dan whatsoever - he doesn’t care if we lie about how happy we are about his life choices). Am I a bad fan for not instinctively considering his (a complete stranger who is not remotely effected positively or negatively by my emotions) happiness above my own? Or even broader than that, it probably just makes me a bad person, right? Selfish? But I’m not demanding anything, I just miss what isn’t there, and wish it was different. Does that make me a passively bad person, rather than an active one? Are all the people who only express happiness and support actively better people? Better fans? I guess so, right? Are there medals? What do we do with all of this? It’s a confusing time.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

fancybum wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 am So many conflicting emotions because on one hand I 100% agree, but on the other hand, my immediate reaction to seeing that was literally ‘yeah well fuck you too’. Actively being part of the problem of social media just being a lot of misdirected and projected aggression as catharsis for feeling inwardly shitty that leads to a black hole of comparison and resentment and alienation. But the memes tho.

Like are we allowed to get it but still resent it? Does it have to be one or the other? If he’s happier ghosting, then cool, but does that take precedence over the happiness of his yearning viewers? Precedence in the sense that we should just be happy he’s happy when it’s in opposition to our own happiness (keeping in mind none of this has any effect on Dan whatsoever - he doesn’t care if we lie about how happy we are about his life choices). Am I a bad fan for not instinctively considering his (a complete stranger who is not remotely effected positively or negatively by my emotions) happiness above my own? Or even broader than that, it probably just makes me a bad person, right? Selfish? But I’m not demanding anything, I just miss what isn’t there, and wish it was different. Does that make me a passively bad person, rather than an active one? Are all the people who only express happiness and support actively better people? Better fans? I guess so, right? Are there medals? What do we do with all of this? It’s a confusing time.
Well, fancybum, your posts make me happy, at least for a moment. <3 Dunno if that makes either of us a better or worse person. :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
obvsly
#relatable

lefthandedism wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:04 am
fancybum wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 am But I’m not demanding anything, I just miss what isn’t there, and wish it was different. Does that make me a passively bad person, rather than an active one? Are all the people who only express happiness and support actively better people? Better fans? I guess so, right? Are there medals? What do we do with all of this? It’s a confusing time.
Well, fancybum, your posts make me happy, at least for a moment. <3 Dunno if that makes either of us a better or worse person. :tu:
+1 on all of this. I’ve seen a lot of posts by “supportive fans” chiding “bad fans” and I’m like :?

Anyway, I just rewatched Bishi Bashi and it was such a sexual mess. Every other word coming out of their mouths sounds like innuendos. Completely joyful to watch. Oh the good times. *sighs*

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I really resent the idea of being a "bad fan". Of course there are ways to be a bad fan, but I would say those ways are rooted in stalking or hurting others for the sake of being a fan. But other than that, everyone is entitled to feel what they want to feel, and express that. I think personally I may be on the end of the spectrum where people eye roll at my ~positivity of sorts, so maybe I'm coming from a more skewed perspective in that sense, but I think right now, with all the tension atm, people are only going in circles with conversations about how to "act" during this hiatus.

I think that's wrong. I find some people's feelings upsetting, but that's just me as a person and coming from my own perspective. I've seen others feel that way too about some people's feelings, and while I prefer to stay in my own lane and let people feel what they want to feel, other people choose to get off on lording over people with different opinions and feelings, just to make it seem like there's a "proper" way to act and that everyone else sucks if they dont act and feel that way.

Maybe I'm being especially dense right now (I'll blame it on how tired I am, sorry), and maybe everything I'm talking about was rhetorically implied, but we're all allowed to feel how we want to feel and express those feelings. It's not up to any of us to police how other people feel, and there are ways to filter out what we don't want to see. As long as no one is hurting anyone else, there isnt any problem or an inherent badness about your feelings. I wish more people could understand that about each other, instead of being hateful and making people feel uncomfortable or unwelcome.
autumnhearth
senpai

+1 moody. I didn’t see anyone’s reactions on Twitter. I only just saw the like on dailydnp’s Tumblr and came to check if it had been mentioned here, because I think it’s a very poignant, telling like and I sympathize. I can’t say I necessarily understand the immediate negative reaction, but I completely support people’s right to express being disgruntled. And if you’re already in that headspace, I suppose it would be a natural response. I guess I just never found Dan’s tweets as entertaining for me in the first place?
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 pm +1 moody. I didn’t see anyone’s reactions on Twitter. I only just saw the like on dailydnp’s Tumblr and came to check if it had been mentioned here, because I think it’s a very poignant, telling like and I sympathize. I can’t say I necessarily understand the immediate negative reaction, but I completely support people’s right to express being disgruntled. And if you’re already in that headspace, I suppose it would be a natural response. I guess I just never found Dan’s tweets as entertaining for me in the first place?
Oh, is it just twitter he’s been absent from? My bad, must have missed him everywhere else.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh dear, that made me snort. I wouldn't have thought anything of that Twitter like, though, some stuff just doesn't seem to register with me.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

So Phil is straight up telling us now that he's prefilming multiple videos? Mm, is that the scent of moving boxes in the air?

But really, has ever flat out told us he was working on more than one video at a time? If they are moving he's basically buying himself a month before having to consider filming again if the first one doesn't go up until end of next week and then he takes the usually 10-14 days between videos.
autumnhearth
senpai

fancybum wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 pm +1 moody. I didn’t see anyone’s reactions on Twitter. I only just saw the like on dailydnp’s Tumblr and came to check if it had been mentioned here, because I think it’s a very poignant, telling like and I sympathize. I can’t say I necessarily understand the immediate negative reaction, but I completely support people’s right to express being disgruntled. And if you’re already in that headspace, I suppose it would be a natural response. I guess I just never found Dan’s tweets as entertaining for me in the first place?
Oh, is it just twitter he’s been absent from? My bad, must have missed him everywhere else.
I just thought his absence from YouTube was a given, as is Instagram since he doesn’t seem to want to show his face or where he is/what he is doing. The most content we’ve gotten from him this year has been on Twitter and I’m just stating that was never my favorite content in the first place, plus it was a Tweet he liked. :shrug:

Damnit I wish I remembered the ask I thought of right before the last Q&A went up. Was it carpet or wood flooring? I though the Q&As would be more spaced out, like a quarterly thing. Can we expect them once a month? (No of course we can’t expect anything). On one hand this seems like he’s uninspired, on the other, these are kinda replacing liveshows and he’s gotta make that monthly membership worth it.

Oh dear I just realized the innuendo as I was tweeting ‘TeamCarpet or TeamHardwood?’ Jesus. The correct answer is both obvs (well correct for me... and maybe Phil...) Annnnywho.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

autumnhearth wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:34 pm Oh dear I just realized the innuendo as I was tweeting ‘TeamCarpet or TeamHardwood?’ Jesus. The correct answer is both obvs (well correct for me... and maybe Phil...) Annnnywho.
This made me lol & it might be my new favorite euphemism.
kavat
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:56 pm So Phil is straight up telling us now that he's prefilming multiple videos? Mm, is that the scent of moving boxes in the air?

But really, has ever flat out told us he was working on more than one video at a time? If they are moving he's basically buying himself a month before having to consider filming again if the first one doesn't go up until end of next week and then he takes the usually 10-14 days between videos.
Multiple videos? The tweet only says a Q&A, am I missing something?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

kavat wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:56 pm So Phil is straight up telling us now that he's prefilming multiple videos? Mm, is that the scent of moving boxes in the air?

His members post mentioned him working on a couple of videos
fancybum
senpai

autumnhearth wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 4:34 pm
fancybum wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 pm
I just thought his absence from YouTube was a given, as is Instagram since he doesn’t seem to want to show his face or where he is/what he is doing. The most content we’ve gotten from him this year has been on Twitter and I’m just stating that was never my favorite content in the first place, plus it was a Tweet he liked. :shrug:
Just to clarify: my post had about 5% to do with him liking that tweet. If you/anybody thinks that post was just some overreaction to a tweet like, go ahead and ignore that part and the rest still stands in relation to the whole picture right now (yes, of his “given” absence overall). My pissy reaction to him liking that tweet surely just proved its point and I went on to consider that reality (that social media is a nightmare he’s currently rejecting) alongside my own wants (pls no reject) and the uncomfortable disconnect there. But no, I’m just mad he’s not using twitter enough, obviously. Forget I said anything.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I am just very surprised that he's doing another Q&A so soon after the last one.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
kavat
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Oh okay I haven't seen that, thank you!

Eurovision has been a good night for tweets in the past couple of years, I hope they at least acknowledge it tonight as well.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:09 pm

Yup, here's the whole text of the members post for anyone that hasn't seen it (bolding mine):
I'm mildly jet-lagged and back from the US of A after some time in the sunshine (and thunderstorms) with my family! I think I've gone from Voldemort white to mildly cream so that is a big deal for me. A highlight was visiting 'Gatorland' where the most exciting animal was a raccoon climbing into some trash.

I did have to hold my breath on the plane home though due to a toxic perfume cloud that was so strong I think I started hallucinating. Maybe I'm still on the plane in a perfume coma and this is all a dream? AM I REAL??

I watched 'First Man' again too and almost cried when I saw the moon. 5/5

I'm gonna work on a couple of videos this weekend, for one of them I'm going to do another Q&A as it was really fun filming the last one. If you want to ask me anything you can do it here and you might be featured in the video! (might not be the next video but it will pop up at some point.)

Also here's my last vid if you missed it! It features some great dog content (along with horrifying sonic memes)

- P-DAWG
flarequake
not an airport stalker

P-Dawg? Wow. Held his breath all the way from Florida to London? Perfume clouds are not fun, I cough every time. Holding out a vague hope that he’ll answer one of my questions this time, I try to think of fun things he might want to answer.