Dan & Phil Part 3: Abs and Angst

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

oqua wrote:Hey guys! At the end of the Manchester Day in the Life video, Dan and Phil play the keyboard and you can see a list of "rules."

The other day some friends of mine and I were trying to decipher these rules and we made some progress. I wanted to know if any of you can make out anything or have any input/corrections?

Here’s what we have so far. The blue parts we're pretty certain about, the purple part is more iffy:

Here's a closeup shot of the rules:

More angles/shots:

It also appears in two other videos:
Examples of Dan’s handwriting:

(much like the ancient temple boss in FFVII)

(like the ministry of magic)

Note that he does his f's weird. This says "far": Image
ANY IDEAS? :D

Dan has the worst handwriting in the world -___-
This is very interesting, and a good find. I had never noticed it. I'm afraid that I won't be of much help, seeing as I can't even read my own handwriting and Dan's handwriting looks even worse than mine.
swofro
angel bean

Looks like chicken scratch to me.
sorry I'm not helping, just want to join in laughing at Dan's handwriting
Love is forever
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Is the last word on 5 laundry? It's really hard to make out :?
Also, they've added another date to TATINOF, we still want the real Vegas video Dan! :tsk:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
SquishPhan
capita£ester

bluebox-away wrote:Is the last word on 5 laundry? It's really hard to make out :?
Also, they've added another date to TATINOF, we still want the real Vegas video Dan! :tsk:
I almost feel like they are doing too many shows, and lots of them haven't eben sold out (yet).

And yes of course we still want the actual Vegas video, but I have given up hope on that since I first heard about it.
daphenaxa
blobfish

If you’re attracted to somebody, you’ll want them to sniff you eventually - Dan
*Phil is turned on by Dan's brilliance* *they kiss* *they have sex in the microwave* - Oqua (actually Phil)
DryCereal
koi pond

Busted!

also: advertising something as being like the vegas video? Interesting marketing strategy...!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

daphenaxa wrote:
SquishPhan wrote: Exactly which is why I'm thinking he already knows about this place. He might even be amongst us already.
well there is someone called dan here... (all lower case as well sooo... )
That is very suspicious. I'm just going to...
Last edited by SquishPhan on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swofro
angel bean

Also this. I think it's kinda cute.

Edit: damn IckleMissMayhem is one step ahead of me.
Love is forever
SquishPhan
capita£ester

IckleMissMayhem wrote: Busted!

also: advertising something as being like the vegas video? Interesting marketing strategy...!
Ugh why are they so domestic and cute.
Diyes_Celine
truth bomb

Yes to all Slytherin!Phil. He is actually Voldemort, the Heir of Slytherin.
And if you're into anime, he's v Kyoya from Ouran Host Club too. (It helps that he looks like him except for the eyes.)

Re: Rules - Wow. That's an interesting find. I want to help deciphering those but seriously Dan should have taken medicine and not law with his handwriting.
bluebox-away wrote:Is the last word on 5 laundry? It's really hard to make out :?
He's spending his bday in Vegas?? He promised in one of his old ls that when they return to Vegas he will vlog it. But that's Dan sooooo should I not expect that much?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay I'm kinda sad they nixed my little suspicion that they were gonna try and sneak off for Dan's birthday, but on the other hand - going back to Vegas, interesting. It really will be hilarious if that's where they film the DITL.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

Diyes_Celine wrote: He's spending his bday in Vagas?? He promised in one of his old ls that when they return to Vegas he will vlog it. But that's Dan sooooo should I not expect that much?
While I am personally hoping for at least some kind of on the road vlog from the tour I don't think we should get our hopes too high that they'll have the energy to film much of anything with all the shows they are doing and the distances they need to cover in between them (particularly Phil who gets travel sick so won't even be able to fully relax during the bus time).
Last edited by pearshaped34 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majitzu
angel bean

Diyes_Celine wrote:Yes to all Slytherin!Phil. He is actually Voldemort, the Heir of Slytherin.
And if you're into anime, he's v Kyoya from Ouran Host Club too. (It helps that he looks like him except for the eyes.)

Re: Rules - Wow. That's an interesting find. I want to help deciphering those but seriously Dan should have taken medicine and not law with his handwriting.
He's spending his bday in Vegas?? He promised in one of his old ls that when they return to Vegas he will vlog it. But that's Dan sooooo should I not expect that much?

You should not expect anything. Then you can't be dissapointed

I always have wanted to know what the rules paper say. So thank you so much!!

The first 2 are cute, sleeping "early" on weekdays and be productive until 5 pm... I wanted to know if they try to follow that rules nowadays too
Last edited by majitzu on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluebox-away
woodland creature

alittledizzy wrote:going back to Vegas, interesting. It really will be hilarious if that's where they film the DITL.
Absolutely, I would love a Vegas DITL to make up for the Vegas vid that never happened
DryCereal
koi pond

Anyone else finding "THE RULES" almost sickeningly adorable?
or does it remind anyone of another pair of lovable nerds?
swofro wrote:Edit: damn IckleMissMayhem is one step ahead of me.
:tongue: Muahahahahahahahaaaaa!!

I'm going 'sleeps now though (well, I'm going to try!) Night all. Try and avoid too much drama for the next 6-7hrs, kthxbai!
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
sweetmm
angel bean
Pronouns: She/Her

The phandom should really guilt trip them to make a Vegas DITL.
akui
blobfish
Pronouns: She/Her

Idk why whenever a howgarts house sorting discussion comes up, if ppl do not agree woth my decision i get mad and defensive. I am actually secretly the sorting hat.

I don't believe Phil is a Slytherin. But i'm not gonna get into that.

The vegas video arhhh I'm still mad at them about the bullshit in tabinof.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I would love a Vegas DITL, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up here.
akui wrote: The vegas video arhhh I'm still mad at them about the bullshit in tabinof.
I loved that part in the book, it was just such good trolling by them. And some people on Tumblr were actually thinking that it might have been real.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

oqua wrote:Hey guys! At the end of the Manchester Day in the Life video, Dan and Phil play the keyboard and you can see a list of "rules."

The other day some friends of mine and I were trying to decipher these rules and we made some progress. I wanted to know if any of you can make out anything or have any input/corrections?

Here’s what we have so far. The blue parts we're pretty certain about, the purple part is more iffy:

In case you can't read what I wrote, it says:
THE RULES
[?]
1. Weekdays bed before 2am
     don't get up later than 10.30am
2. Weekdays productive until 5pm
3. no breaks until the weekend
4. ____ to(?) ________ 1 _________ a week (??)
5. [?]
6. [?]

Dan Howell                   PLester
Here's a closeup shot of the rules:

More angles/shots:

It also appears in two other videos:
Examples of Dan’s handwriting:

(much like the ancient temple boss in FFVII)

(like the ministry of magic)

Note that he does his f's weird. This says "far": Image
ANY IDEAS? :D

Dan has the worst handwriting in the world -___-
They are such adorable human beings coming up with lists of rules to help them live more productive lives and co-signing them. (Even if from the ones you've figured it out it's probably fair to say they never actually managed to successfully adapt to their self-imposed rules lol.)

As for what else it says sorry I can't help at all there. I'm impressed you managed to decipher as much as you did considering you had bad camera angles and Dan's handwriting to work with.
Elemancy
butt chair

There's another (not much better) angle of the rules here in case anyone can do something with it. Or if you'd just like to ogle Dan's piano playing for a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh-Mrlj ... tml5=False

Edit: (I deleted the 's' for the youtube link but it didn't work...)

and I agree, it's nice they both agreed to and probably discussed beforehand how to structure their weeks around their responsibilities and then wrote up a physical outline they both signed just to set it in stone. (the only thing they needed was a notary to witness the signing-law student Dan's influence? ;) )
:dildo:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

Gnosia wrote:There's another (not much better) angle of the rules here in case anyone can do something with it. Or if you'd just like to ogle Dan's piano playing for a bit:

Edit: (I deleted the 's' for the youtube link but it didn't work...)

and I agree, it's nice they both agreed to and probably discussed beforehand how to structure their weeks around their responsibilities and then wrote up a physical outline they both signed just to set it in stone. (the only thing they needed was a notary to witness the signing-law student Dan's influence? ;) )
I put it between Youtube brackets rather than URL and deleted everything after the '&' sign :)
That looks like a clearer shot but the angle is pretty awful, I wonder if it's ever in the background of dailybooth/twitter/insta photos which might be better? I'm super curious now
swofro
angel bean

A little bit offtopic, but I found this. He is just trolling the phandom now with the protip.

I swear this is going to be my last intrusive post for now
Love is forever
Elemancy
butt chair

bluebox-away wrote: I put it between Youtube brackets rather than URL and deleted everything after the '&' sign :)
That looks like a clearer shot but the angle is pretty awful, I wonder if it's ever in the background of dailybooth/twitter/insta photos which might be better? I'm super curious now
Ooh, thank you, duly noted. (Forum Hacks.)

and yeah, I had the same thought too- I'm cycling through old vyou's/younows from 2012 to see if they might pop up in another angle in those, but so far nothing.
unite
Last edited by Elemancy on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
:dildo:
lilMango
morning quiff

RE: Da Rules
Oqua can I just take a second and appreciate you? ok thanks
I'll try to analyze them as soon as I have a moment, but I'm expecting the rest of the rules to be along the same lines as the first few. but I'll secretly always wish that one of them was "don't flirt"

EDIT: the fourth line looks to have an "I" instead of a 1, maybe a "how I" but I'm not sure.
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
oqua
nose pervert
nose pervert

Gnosia wrote:
bluebox-away wrote: I put it between Youtube brackets rather than URL and deleted everything after the '&' sign :)
Ooh, thank you, duly noted. (Forum Hacks.)

and yeah, I had the same thought too- I'm cycling through old vyou's/younows from 2012 to see if they might pop up in another angle in those, but so far nothing.
unite
Ooh, younows is a good idea!

A tiny sliver of the sheet appears in this video.

I included a screenshot from it in my original post.

Ugh, why couldn't he have moved his camera just slightly to his right??

Anyway, thanks guys for your suggestions. I've had some new thoughts which I will post soon.
busy being happy~