Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
CapriciousCrab
sad dimple
Pronouns: She/her

Phil joked about vlogging in his community post and now all I can think of is a ditl-style video.
Please Phil? :please:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

kavat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:45 am I dont want to get into this discussion at all, I just feel like it's not difficult to know when Dan is serious and when he isn't.

About the road trip, of course Dan is driving, don't you remember that he's a car influencer who does panels for Jaguar? It's a spon trip of course, which is why Phil is so excited about it.
Same to the first point, though tbh I’m not always entirely sure how far he’s joking. But while I’m reading it all, I’m not really into analysing everything he said to unpick what is and isn’t.

Jaguar spon made me laugh. Dan driving a jaguar would be cool, even my dad would have noticed that (that would have been what it took for him to care, tbh, either that or them using a Rolliflex camera like a model in a teen magazine poster one time).
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:46 am
kavat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:45 am I dont want to get into this discussion at all, I just feel like it's not difficult to know when Dan is serious and when he isn't.

About the road trip, of course Dan is driving, don't you remember that he's a car influencer who does panels for Jaguar? It's a spon trip of course, which is why Phil is so excited about it.
Same to the first point, though tbh I’m not always entirely sure how far he’s joking. But while I’m reading it all, I’m not really into analysing everything he said to unpick what is and isn’t.
you guys, I got it, Dan didn't say he was joking this time, so it must mean he actually was! darn, I wanted to link to that compilation video of Dan saying "I'm joking" after saying something actually serious (like, don't stalk my brother, etc.), but I can't seem to find it. well, you know which one I mean :lol:

and an actual car spon would be hilarious, of course :lol:

also, uh, @eevee please don't :?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
sparkle
blobfish

It's been a week.

Still not convinced I'm in NOT a fever dream
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
malday
emo goose

Not to get serious but I agree with Katka's last two posts.
I don't think the minute details of the specific nature really matter, they don't change the wonderful things Dan's said about it.
Everything else is personal projection of people's ideas, insecurities and worldview, anyway. If it doesn't fit exactly your own definitions it still doesn't change anything. If other people see it differently it still doesn't change anything, no use getting worked up now about other people perceptions, since, again they don't change anything Dan's said in the video.
And i don't think this will be the last thing said about romance/emotion, maybe not specific personal details, but i can see it being a topic for another video or whatever project they(or one of them) create in the future.

The only thing i can be arsed to care about now is what they'll do content-wise and if Phil will be free from the video corner he imprisoned himself in.
I'm afraid i'm getting a little too optimistic about VidCon and expect them to collab with everything under the sun. Besides the usual suspects i'm thinking a video with the Try Guys, maybe one with Tyler again, dare i dream of an appearance on J&J's podcast?
Maybe even a video themed around luck in which they go gambling (responsibly) and Phil test his psychic powers of getting more ca$h out of thin air, with a cameo from poker-expert Cat, of course. How about the 21 movie but with Dan and Phil, where Phil uses his extraordinary multiplication table skills (he used to do in his parent's car) to count cards and win at blackjack . And then they get kicked out.
Talk about delusional expectations, somebody shoot them down pls.
noodlebum
flower crown

malday wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 pm The only thing i can be arsed to care about now is what they'll do content-wise and if Phil will be free from the video corner he imprisoned himself in.
Yesssss, we can't have a repeat of the printer balanced on his knee :roll: :lol:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Vidcon will be interesting but i don’t know how many collabs we’ll actually get out of it. I guess it depends on how long they’re staying in LA before heading to Nevada and if they’ll do collabs with people outside of their normal friend circle or if those collabs would even be enjoyable rn. Not to be that person but if there is a collab is it to much to wish that it’s a “dan and Phil” collab with another person instead of a collab with just one of them?
It doesn’t look like Tyler or Cat will be at vidcon so maybe Anthony again or Tyler and Safiya?
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

malday wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 pm I'm afraid i'm getting a little too optimistic about VidCon and expect them to collab with everything under the sun. Besides the usual suspects i'm thinking a video with the Try Guys, maybe one with Tyler again, dare i dream of an appearance on J&J's podcast?
Oh my GOD, I would love to see them collab with Jenna and Julian in some capacity!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I would LOOOOOOOVE for them to be on J&J's podcast but I'm pretty sure it won't happen (they're more than welcome to be prove me wrong, tho). To me, the most likely option it's a Phil collab with Safiya, since she's been quite vocal about wanting that collab to happen.

I'll be honest, right now I really crave some Dan and Phil together. Like, I physically and emotionally need it.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:11 pm I would LOOOOOOOVE for them to be on J&J's podcast but I'm pretty sure it won't happen (they're more than welcome to be prove me wrong, tho). To me, the most likely option it's a Phil collab with Safiya, since she's been quite vocal about wanting that collab to happen.

I'll be honest, right now I really crave some Dan and Phil together. Like, I physically and emotionally need it.
In a weird way I'm actually really glad I haven't watched any of their videos in a year, because it means I have new (to me) content to watch now that I'm reinvested.
gnostic
stress mushroom

I don't know why I am so hung up about this when the discussion has moved on and I don't even think Dan and Phil are non monogamous so since it's all off topic I will put it under spoiler and then bugger off
1. Much more queer people are (according to studies, polls and anecdotal experience) some form of non monogamous. That is more often accepted to be explained by the fact that being queer allows you to think outside default boundaries of relationship and friendship placed by hetero normative standard. You learn to distinguish them better, less sl*t-shaming, bullshit about opposite sex friendship does not apply, etc.

2. It's not uncommon for self identified jealous people to be some sort of poly. Non monogamy is all about processing. It can be processed in various ways. I had a partner like this, and we were very happy.

3. There are so many levels to polyamory from basic sexual non monogamy to polycules that any kind of relationship with ex or current partner can be happily incorporated.

I know two separate couples of exes that still consider each other nesting partners. I am currently casually dating someone who very much has a soulmate and companion for life. I am their secondary partner. Everyone is fine with that.

5. If you think hook ups with Dan and Phil wouldn't work without NDAs, booooy do closeted famous people from homophobic countries have you things to teach.
Again. Sorry everyone but some kinds of ignorance veer dangerously close to lack of acceptance. Glad to see everyone is being happy. Mods please delete if this is unacceptable

I seriously hope for some sort of actual joint content.
Just here for the marketing skills
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

can't believe it's been a week. :o

in honor of this magnificent anniversary and the new universe we all reside in now, i'll share what ~hit different~ for me today.... this clip of dan saying "everyone on the internet knows what that sounds like now".

happy thursday, everyone!
philliebillie
dank meme

Yeah, at this point I only ever care about the content they will put out after the coming out, because in my mind they are OBVIOUSLY together and who they slept/sleeping with is not my problem. So in an ideal world, we'll get a Phil-Safiya collab, and a Dan-Anthony or Dan-Eugene collab, and a DITL in Nevada when they go to Vidcon. I don't want to think about it too much tho, I don't want to hope for it too much and end up disappointed cause I played myself.
-you can go swimming in those eyes-
anathema
morning quiff

eevee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 am Hey guys.

Uh.

Well to celebrate I have a google drive link to a bunch of formspring asks, i screenshotted them all in late 2011 before they got taken down. Or maybe it was someone I know and not me. The screenshotter is anonymous. Anyway some of these I'm told were never released before? So. I feel like it's okay now. DM me for the link.
If it’s “okay to release them now,” why couldn’t you just post them? Why still have them in a private doc that people need to dm you for? Doesn’t that imply that they shouldn’t be public?
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Phantasy
woodland creature

I think it’s funny to imagine if they’ve ever discussed a celebrity “free pass” list...

Phil’s shortlist seems like it would be mostly just: Thor, Zayn and probably most of the cast of Buffy.

Now imagining who would be on Dan’s: (young) Leo, Evan Peters, Dylan O’Brien, Zayn, late-aughts alt rock lead singers, Haru, Dane DeHaan, Lewis Hamilton, Olly Alexander, Troye, and of course daddy Nick (#dick)... that’s just the really short list! (anyone that’s familiar with felucca’s attraction playlist knows what a thirsty bitch Dan is, even during the no homo years) ;)
Ablissa
pastel persona

I agree with everyone that is looking forward to joint content. And by joint, I mean Dan and Phil. I'm happy for them to collab with people at VidCon, but if they post a collab with others before doing one with each other, I will be Sad. (jk they can do whatever they want but like, I just want to see them in the same frame, talking and interacting)

Do you think we'll get another video before VidCon? I mean, I'd imagine yes, but what will it be? I'm filled with a mix of happy and scary anxiety for what we have ahead, but it's mostly happy. I want to see if anything changes in their dynamic if there is even a small shift or comment or anything... And even if there isn't - I kinda don't expect there to be - can you imagine just seeing them laugh together and just idk, exist together? I reaaaally need to see that.
(Although I'm easy enough that even Phil's membership post had me :happytears: )

And wow, rizzo, a week since the video dropped? I must have only seen it like 10 times since then :roll: I'm still doubting whether it even happened, but then I go to Dan's channel and yep, it did. Happy sigh.

Edit because I just remembered - road trip?! What is this road trip and can it be a vlog please.

gnostic, I'm putting this under a cut so that the discussion can move on.
gnostic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 pm Again. Sorry everyone but some kinds of ignorance veer dangerously close to lack of acceptance. Glad to see everyone is being happy. Mods please delete if this is unacceptable

gnostic, I'm sorry if my post was offensive in some way. I never meant it to be. I may be ignorant because poly/open relationships are not something I could take part in myself, but as I stated in my post, I have full acceptance for them.
I'd just like to say that my post was about Dan and Phil specifically and why I don't think it would work for them, but I can see how it can sound like I'm talking about more than just the two of them. I stand by my opinion re: D&P, but I fully accept all other viewpoints.

Thanks for clarifying those things for me! I appreciate that. Sorry again!
Last edited by Ablissa on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

i can't believe it's been a week already, it really doesn't feel like it. it still takes up too much of my mind space lmao. :prideheart2:
but at the same time it feels like so much has happened compared to the last like six months or so

and i'm curious about that road trip phil mentioned, i don't remember them usually mentioning when they go on vacation?
but also "road trip through a state" is also kind of vague so it doesn't say that much either

also the "go give it some more love" + the 'we' in phil news was cute :)
and the mentioning of vlogging right after, don't give me hope like that phil!! i prefer to have no expectations and get pleasantry surprised
english is not my first language
noodlebum
flower crown

Ablissa wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:18 pm Do you think we'll get another video before VidCon? I mean, I'd imagine yes, but what will it be?
I don't think Dan will do another solo video before Vidcon, but I think Phil will, and hopefully Dan will feature in it :love1: :stan:
felucca
truth bomb

coffeepenguin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:01 pmdarn, I wanted to link to that compilation video of Dan saying "I'm joking" after saying something actually serious (like, don't stalk my brother, etc.), but I can't seem to find it. well, you know which one I mean :lol:
:tu:

And here's my contribution to hits different:

Just waiting for Vidcon to start honestly. For the first time ever I don't give a toss about speculation, I just wanna see my boys.

:deppy:
malday wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 pmTalk about delusional expectations, somebody shoot them down pls.
We'll see them once, for half a second in the background of a vlog by someone who has no idea who they are, just standing there, doing nothing.

You're welcome.
Last edited by felucca on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
noodlebum
flower crown

^^^ :lol: let's face it, this is the realistic truth we have come to know and love from DnP
Phantasy
woodland creature

As far as vidcon collabs, I just want to see them hangout with other queer youtubers while out in LA... Tyler, Connor, Thomas Sanders, Jon Cozart, etc... but, #1 I’d love to see Dan and Miss Benny meet (purely to release the low-key simmering flirtatious energy that’s been building ;) )

Really hope a Vegas stop is on their itinerary... I mean, they have to see Britney, right? (and maybe one of those sexy Aussie dude strip shows :ribena: )
queerofcups
spork
Pronouns: they | them

gnostic wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:17 pm I don't know why I am so hung up about this when the discussion has moved on and I don't even think Dan and Phil are non monogamous so since it's all off topic I will put it under spoiler and then bugger off
1. Much more queer people are (according to studies, polls and anecdotal experience) some form of non monogamous. That is more often accepted to be explained by the fact that being queer allows you to think outside default boundaries of relationship and friendship placed by hetero normative standard. You learn to distinguish them better, less sl*t-shaming, bullshit about opposite sex friendship does not apply, etc.

2. It's not uncommon for self identified jealous people to be some sort of poly. Non monogamy is all about processing. It can be processed in various ways. I had a partner like this, and we were very happy.

3. There are so many levels to polyamory from basic sexual non monogamy to polycules that any kind of relationship with ex or current partner can be happily incorporated.

I know two separate couples of exes that still consider each other nesting partners. I am currently casually dating someone who very much has a soulmate and companion for life. I am their secondary partner. Everyone is fine with that.

5. If you think hook ups with Dan and Phil wouldn't work without NDAs, booooy do closeted famous people from homophobic countries have you things to teach.
Again. Sorry everyone but some kinds of ignorance veer dangerously close to lack of acceptance. Glad to see everyone is being happy. Mods please delete if this is unacceptable

+1 to all of this. I also don't especially think they're poly (though they could be, we honestly dont have enough information to know) but some of the responses about how impossible it would be for them to be in any nonmonogamous relationship formation feels like its making a lot of assumptions about how poly folks form and exist in their relationships. Jealousy exists in poly relationships. Long term relationships can exist while being being sometimes or always open. Etc etc.
eevee
emo goose

Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:08 am
Katka wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am
eevee wrote:Well to celebrate I have a google drive link to a bunch of formspring asks, i screenshotted them all in late 2011 before they got taken down. Or maybe it was someone I know and not me. The screenshotter is anonymous. Anyway some of these I'm told were never released before? So. I feel like it's okay now. DM me for the link.
No, it's literally not.
Wow, I hadn't seen this yesterday but yeah, no, I don't think it's "okay now", no. We have the formsprings that we have, why would we want formsprings that have not been released before? I just don't like this concept that "it's okay now".
he literally put screenshots in his own video. these were publicly on the web until 2012. so i respectfully disagree that it's "not okay." if you don't like it don't dm me for the link and have a nice day :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
knq
lava lamp

eevee wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:53 pm
Ataraxia25 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:08 am
Katka wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:17 am
eevee wrote:Well to celebrate I have a google drive link to a bunch of formspring asks, i screenshotted them all in late 2011 before they got taken down. Or maybe it was someone I know and not me. The screenshotter is anonymous. Anyway some of these I'm told were never released before? So. I feel like it's okay now. DM me for the link.
No, it's literally not.
Wow, I hadn't seen this yesterday but yeah, no, I don't think it's "okay now", no. We have the formsprings that we have, why would we want formsprings that have not been released before? I just don't like this concept that "it's okay now".
he literally put screenshots in his own video. these were publicly on the web until 2012. so i respectfully disagree that it's "not okay." if you don't like it don't dm me for the link and have a nice day :)
Dan used screenshots of old formspring posts while talking about how aggressive speculation about his sexuality and digging into his private life felt like being surrounded by bullies and triggered PTSD. It wasn't an invitation to dig further.
eevee
emo goose

knq wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 pmDan used screenshots of old formspring posts while talking about how aggressive speculation about his sexuality and digging into his private life felt like being surrounded by bullies and triggered PTSD. It wasn't an invitation to dig further.
"We were really excited [about the BBC] but I was also scared as people clearly knew I wasn't straight and I hadn't told my family that."
"It was no longer a few people on the internet, no big deal. So I just shut down. It felt like I was back at school again surrounded by threatening people trying to expose me for their entertainment. Most I'm sure just wanted the best for me and I feel such genuine sadness and am sorry that I couldn't be closer to and more truthful with the people in my life that were just trying to be nice but I wasn't ready to deal with it at the time. So I had to do something to contain it. "

That was then, this is now.
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia