Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

The forum rules say:
3. Refrain from sharing information about the individuals we discuss or about people associated with the individuals we discuss that the individuals themselves have not made publicly available. This extends to social media accounts discovered of friends and family, ex-partners, etc., and to the current location of any individual we discuss, or any individual associated with them, if there is a risk of harassment or loss of privacy.

If you are unsure if the information you would like to share with the forum is suitable, please contact a moderator privately.
Now I know that 1: they were made public back in the day and 2: you said you wouldn't post them publicly, but this is why people are iffy about it. They have since been removed because Dan didn't want them to be shared. The ones he showed himself have already been circulating for so long that it's impossible to do anything about it, but if there are more I'd refrain from posting publicly about it.
Ablissa
pastel persona

The moment that Dan uploaded his video, my youtube recommendations shifted from all sorts of random crap I don't care about to 100% Dan and Phil. Love that for me. (It's kinda weird because I did regularly watch their videos prior to this too.)

Anyway, youtube decided to remind me that this gem from felucca exists, so I'm sharing it here in case you all want to smile too.

Oh, and since alittledizzy shared that cute video earlier, I'll share one of my favs as well so you can feel soft.

coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

felucca wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm
coffeepenguin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:01 pmdarn, I wanted to link to that compilation video of Dan saying "I'm joking" after saying something actually serious (like, don't stalk my brother, etc.), but I can't seem to find it. well, you know which one I mean :lol:
:tu:

thank you queen! :stan: I thought that I definitely checked you channel for it though, now I should save this video for future reference
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
Phantasy
woodland creature

I want nothing more for them to be comfortable and unique and do their own thing in whatever expression of their relationship that suits them, BUT if they ever get to this level of couple publicly like Troye and Jacob, I would squeal and implode at the same time...
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan got shadowbanned on twitter.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Amiaw wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 pm Dan got shadowbanned on twitter.
I saw that but I don't fully know what it means or why it happened? His tweets are visible. It seems like a search ban? But why?

https://shadowban.eu/danielhowell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:35 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 pm Dan got shadowbanned on twitter.
I saw that but I don't fully know what it means or why it happened? His tweets are visible. It seems like a search ban? But why?

https://shadowban.eu/danielhowell
It seems to mean that his tweets won't show up in a search (which I tested, they don't) and that if you are reading a thread he participated in you'd get the This tweet is unavailable message. (Which is good to know. I've wondered before why I'd see that from someone not on priv who doesn't have me blocked.)
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

kavat wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:10 pm The forum rules say:
3. Refrain from sharing information about the individuals we discuss or about people associated with the individuals we discuss that the individuals themselves have not made publicly available. This extends to social media accounts discovered of friends and family, ex-partners, etc., and to the current location of any individual we discuss, or any individual associated with them, if there is a risk of harassment or loss of privacy.

If you are unsure if the information you would like to share with the forum is suitable, please contact a moderator privately.
Now I know that 1: they were made public back in the day and 2: you said you wouldn't post them publicly, but this is why people are iffy about it. They have since been removed because Dan didn't want them to be shared. The ones he showed himself have already been circulating for so long that it's impossible to do anything about it, but if there are more I'd refrain from posting publicly about it.
This. It's not that hard actually. Yes, they used to be public, I remember. I also remember he deleted them. Just because something was public once doesn't mean it's fair game forever when the person decides it should not be public anymore. If he had wanted these to be public again, he would have put them in the video. He didn't, he used the ones everyone has seen anyways to explain the situation. We all have different opinions about where to draw the line but I think respecting his boundaries by not sharing stuff he doesn't want public anymore, even if they used to be public once, is a good start.

Shadowban: What the hell, does anyone know why?
sparkle
blobfish

This is up there with the time Phil got suspended on Facebook for impersonating AmazingPhil :rofl:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ravenreyes
sofa crease

lmao why now? he hasn't even tweeted in a couple of days
idk how it works but i feel like it would make more sense if it was at the end of last week when there was a lot going on

and lol i forgot about phil getting suspended for impersonating himself :lol:
english is not my first language
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Twitter, we do not want Dan to disappear from the internet again. Get it together. There's few forces more powerful than a pissed off gaggle of phannies.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's instagram stories have me feeling all kinds of emotional. And it looks like they went with Martyn and Cornelia to see Rocketman! Double date vibes living strong.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I love these new stories. I love Dan essentially acknowledging his absence and making it clear that he's back and he intends to post and he's around and also... homosexual. Y'all heard dan gay, right?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I love that Dan's branding is now just emotional and homosexual. And that he's in that Loud Gay Who Reminds Everyone He is Gay all the time phase.

my heart. I really do love this era and I can't wait to see what's next.

What I wouldn't give for a joint liveshow right now. Discuss video, shadowban, rocketman, be sneaky about vegas trip.
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm dead :happytears: :happytears: :wavingflag:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

rizzo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm Y'all heard dan gay, right?
Wait, no. I think I missed this. Where did you see this? Is there a tweet or an instastory or a video or something about this? I don't feel like he's said anything!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, Dan cute (also gay, don’t forget), thriving and flowery. Love that they had the Coke floats in those fancy jar glasses, of course they did. I’d forgotten about my recent week in the Taron Egerton fandom (it takes me that way sometimes), but that film looks so good.
ravenreyes
sofa crease

i'm loving these updates!! i've missed random social media updates like this

and 'extremely emotional and homosexual' same dan :rainbow:
i love all of these constant gay reminders bc feeling comfortable enough to do that is a pretty great feeling
english is not my first language
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I genuinely let out a squee when he said that he was thriving, like I'm just so happy for him. :happytears:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm just so proud and happy for him!!!!! You can really feel the relief and ease through the screen :')
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

:love2: Nothing else to say, this is beautiful.
autumnhearth
senpai

A thriving Dan is all I’ve wanted these past couple years. Who knew it would take coming out for him to achieve that? He’s happy and gay! Gay gay! Happy happy! This is just the best timeline (as long as you stay out of the phan tag on Tumblr)
:happytears:
Evening42
dank meme

I agree with all the above comments - loving Dan’s insta stories today

However thanks also to Ablissa for posting the Phil’s POV video - so cute!
anathema
morning quiff

plinthofmylife wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 pm
rizzo wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:41 pm Y'all heard dan gay, right?
Wait, no. I think I missed this. Where did you see this? Is there a tweet or an instastory or a video or something about this? I don't feel like he's said anything!
I saw he had a video about something to do with being gay but I think he just meant happy? Or maybe it was a joke?? Idk tho
"The saltiness reminds me of my tears."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Apparently Tessa Violet retweeted a tweet that said some negative things about fanfiction (specifically larrie and phanfic) she knows dnp pretty well and her replies are interesting