Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ravenreyes
sofa crease
Pronouns: she/her

yeah, from what i saw it seemed to have changed earlier today.

it makes me feel like kind of :tinfoil: lmao, but there has to be some reason for the change?
and why now? it would be so random to make a change like that in the title out of nowhere, and on a video that's pretty old as well.

edit: i have no idea why that second insta story is so funny to me lmao
Last edited by ravenreyes on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
english is not my first language
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

dc34 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 pm my negative ass thinks its just so people don't confuse the apartment to the one they live in now. Like a "heads up this is just the first apartment we lived in not the one we currently live in now"
That's what I was thinking too, but I can't figure out what would be the point in that? Maybe because of all the mainstream attention lately & the upcoming BBC interview he doesn't want people to think they currently live there, but that doesn't make sense either. I can't see them making a tour video of the current place, even if they are moving. Curiouser and curiouser.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil posting that laughing scene right when we all start speculating. Coincidence?

And I don’t know if there’s a reason for the change but Dan and Phil both posting stories from this flat within the last few days doesn’t show me that they want to confuse us. If anything maybe the big long getaway in July is when the move will happen
Last edited by Amiaw on Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Ooh, who’s that in the bg of Phil’s story? Bryony?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
scientia
phabergé

Anyone else hear a second person laughing in that IG story?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

madzilla84 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 pm Ooh, who’s that in the bg of Phil’s story? Bryony?
Apparently it's apart of the game!
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:18 pm
madzilla84 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 pm Ooh, who’s that in the bg of Phil’s story? Bryony?
Apparently it's apart of the game!
Oh, OK! Thanks. :D It didn’t sound like that, that’s so weird lol
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
DryCereal
koi pond

IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 pm My personal theory impossible wish is: "here's a tour of the two flats we rented now that we're leaving them to move into our FOREVER HOME"

Regardless, they're moving and my eyes are OPEN and READY.
Same as Moody. Eyes open and I AM READY FOR THE MOVE. I can help with the boxes if they want.
:gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

noodlebum wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 pm Also have enjoyed joining in with Phandom Watch today on and off (I was Soraya Papaya) :) thanks for all the hard work that went into it!! Fun having live reactions to favourite videos, where we all know the next lines 😂😍 :love2:
Ooh I didn't know that was you! Thanks for joining us! Thanks to everyone from IDB that joined in general, I had lots of fun. <3

Hmmm I'm very very suspicious re: the video name change but... I just can't see Dan posting a new apartment tour? Maybe they'd film one for AP?
Either way, I think that Moving Days are upon us, and not long from now depz will be enjoying their (hopefully) floor to ceiling windows. I've got the champagne ready up on our Moving Hill, so dw, we're gonna be ready to celebrate.

With the timing of this road trip (how is this road trip going to happen, I wanna know), I have a feeling we might have a situation like before, where they come back to all their stuff already moved. I'm excited.

Also, as I've spent 10 hours watching them being disgustingly cute together, I just wanna say - JOINT VIDEO, PLEASE. JUST SIT AND STARE AT EACH OTHER OR WHATEVER BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.
noodlebum
flower crown

Ablissa wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 am
noodlebum wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:42 pm Also have enjoyed joining in with Phandom Watch today on and off (I was Soraya Papaya) :) thanks for all the hard work that went into it!! Fun having live reactions to favourite videos, where we all know the next lines 😂😍 :love2:
Ooh I didn't know that was you! Thanks for joining us! Thanks to everyone from IDB that joined in general, I had lots of fun. <3
Hmmm I'm very very suspicious re: the video name change but... I just can't see Dan posting a new apartment tour? Maybe they'd film one for AP?
Either way, I think that Moving Days are upon us, and not long from now depz will be enjoying their (hopefully) floor to ceiling windows. I've got the champagne ready up on our Moving Hill, so dw, we're gonna be ready to celebrate.

With the timing of this road trip (how is this road trip going to happen, I wanna know), I have a feeling we might have a situation like before, where they come back to all their stuff already moved. I'm excited.
Also, as I've spent 10 hours watching them being disgustingly cute together, I just wanna say - JOINT VIDEO, PLEASE. JUST SIT AND STARE AT EACH OTHER OR WHATEVER BUT PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.
Yeah I thought it would show my username not my name (not that that's my real surname :lol: ) oooops.

Also yessss to the last point. I've done nothing but re-watch old joint videos in the last week or so (never mind the amount from Phandom Watch too!) and I need more with the quiff please.
nøx
spork

If you wanted to make sure people don’t think you still live in at flat, wouldn’t you have called it “Old Apartment Tour” or “Tour of the Old Apartment” and clarified in the description? :tinfoil:
And while I can’t imagine getting another tour, ever, I also can’t imagine why you would rename an old video that way if not to... make another apartment tour.
So my money is on move + tour of the soon-to-be second old London flat?
tipofmemory
dank meme
Pronouns: she/they

Sorry to diverge away from the theories for a moment.

I found this super cute dnp edit and wanted to share:

(you might need tissues :happytears: <3)
Last edited by Catallena on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
onomatopoeia
squish

lanaaskyee wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:22 am Sorry to diverge away from the theories for a moment.

I found this super cute dnp edit and wanted to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcjONLPcUxY

(you might need tissues :happytears: <3)
AHHH I feel so attacked :happytears:
And lol you know you're too deep in the phandom when you can instantly name every video in compilations
knq
lava lamp

My only theory on the title change besides an upcoming second London flat tour is that for some reason their first London apartment came up in the interview Dan recently did and he went back on YT to make it more searchable for anyone looking now.

But that’s really, really reaching.

I can’t imagine the video following Basically I’m Gay to be a flat tour either though. Something like the Mukbang they did seems like a better transition from that video. Or an ISG, tbh.
glitterintheair
phillluminati

I cannot imagine another apartment tour and especially not on Dan's channel but then again why would he change the title on a video that's 6 years old? Why now?

I have trust issues and honestly Dan saying 'look forward to the future with wide eye sockets' in the recent newsletter doesn't help.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Birdie
blobfish

knq wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:58 am My only theory on the title change besides an upcoming second London flat tour is that for some reason their first London apartment came up in the interview Dan recently did and he went back on YT to make it more searchable for anyone looking now.

But that’s really, really reaching.
I don't know, it makes as much sense as the other theories, because even if they're making another apartment tour, I don't see why they'd rename the old video, especially before uploading the new video.

In the end it's just Dan randomly thinking the new title makes more sense and no other reason, lol.
DryCereal
koi pond

glitterintheair wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:35 am I cannot imagine another apartment tour and especially not on Dan's channel but then again why would he change the title on a video that's 6 years old? Why now?
I mean, the simple, boring answer could be that it popped up on his YT homepage and he thought, "oh, that needs updating" - plus, Dan's not averse to changing/privating old vids for various reasons...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that edit. I’ve watched it twice, and the original music video, and it’s so lovely. I want to share it to Facebook and say “look, this is it, this is why” but no one would get it even if they cared to look. Argh. The watch fest was lovely yesterday too. I’d been trying to concentrate on something, but couldn’t get into it and it’s much more chilled squeeing along with 40 fellow phannies (I’m luftsparke in there and tumblr btw, with the lightning icon).

I hope they’ll be letting us know soon of any news, moving, new project or whatever. I wonder a little if Phil will announce anything to A his Qus about. Looking forward to Danny’s BBC news thingy too. Let’s hope he tells us with time to prepare/record.
plastictrees
drama llama

ahhh that edit is so lovely!! totally what i needed this morning. (also hi, can’t remember when i last posted here but i have no one in my life real who would appreciate why i have been internally reeling since BIG came out.)

another video that made me well up as a welcome back:

(sorry no idea how to embed videos on mobile!)

Totally agree with the idea of moving taking place whilst they road trip. I guess literally any video following on from Basically I’m Gay will be really tricky - if it’s something emotionally heavy again maybe there’s a fear that Dan would be setting a precedent about the kind of content he ‘now makes’ making it feel like he could never post anything that isn’t serious and meaningful every again? Apartment tour is light and domestic and would be well received....or it’s for AP channel as suggested! Either way, bring on that domestic home shit please and thank you boys.
Last edited by Catallena on Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

I got up to the point where they talk about merch and was fired, lasted longer than him though :lol:
knq
lava lamp

I'm so curious to see what Dan and Phil are going to share next. :happytears: :pride: Am I correct in thinking they tend to take Sundays off?

Someone on tumblr pointed out Dan changed the title of his Opinions video to "Expressing Opinions on the Internet" and another old video title last year without a clear reason. So there's that. I'm still comfortably set up on moving hill, though.
kavat
pastel persona

If anyone is looking for a video to rewatch today, I recommend this. It's just a few hundred views from a million and it's a good one!