Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Grey
lady door

What are the chances that Phil was on a nostalgia journey rewatching their radio shows, and amused himself so much by his ingenious baby name suggestions that he decided to tweet about them? I think that is the story I want to believe behind this random tweet.
I'm having a stress.
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

Maybe he's also getting bombarded with those "It hits differently" compilations.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

It feels good to see interaction again and gives me hope for more. I wonder if they were having another one of their dumb conversations and wanted to tweet about it or if they wanted to just drop an innocuous tweet interaction to show they are still very much on good terms since I’ve seen a lot of people worrying about it
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

those dan and phil guys should work together sometime. maybe film something together. perhaps they'll meet at vidcon??

i miss phil's face
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

Sorry to post my own Twitter but I think this kinda calls for it :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:43 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:34 pm
C'mon, Phil! You left Phil Howell- Lester off the list!
Can you imagine the gasp that would be heard around the world? I have no opinion on marriage, but hyphenating or keeping their last names seems like the most realistic options (Daniel Lester is still a *great* suggestion though). :love2:

(I voted for Chester, the hubs likes Sylvester)
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

obvsly wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:27 pm Sorry to post my own Twitter but I think this kinda calls for it :lol:
when the drought is so real that you will accept every possibility.

also they are such nerds i love them i'm going to cry in a corner now, bye
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Seriously those two are gonna kill me. Everything feels like a breadcrumb at this point.
starwatersong
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:52 pm Well, at least he has bae's approval.
Wow, when’s the last time one of them casually replied to each other on Twitter (outside of Phil‘s comment about BIG?)? I feel like it’s been at least six months.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

starwatersong wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:02 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:52 pm Well, at least he has bae's approval.
Wow, when’s the last time one of them casually replied to each other on Twitter (outside of Phil‘s comment about BIG?)? I feel like it’s been at least six months.
Dan retweeted Phil’s weakest link video but that’s the only other time I can think of this year
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I voted Sylvester cos the extra syllable makes it sound the least silly. No idea why he’d be tweeting such inanity all of a sudden, but Dan replying made it.
noodlebum
flower crown

Sylvester Lester from me, has a good ring to it 8-)
starwatersong
phabergé

After doing my own research, it was around Dan’s mass amount of official II watching tweets.

Which brought me to this one:
:happytears:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I chose Sylvester because it sounded funny and I immediately thought of Sue Sylvester in Glee and i pictured Phil dressed like her...

starwatersong wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:16 am After doing my own research, it was around Dan’s mass amount of official II watching tweets.

Which brought me to this one:

:happytears:
This tweet is..... everything :happytears: :prideheart2:
:gayaf:
basicallyimlesbian
tol bean

dan: we're soulmates

also dan: don't rename yourself mo lester plzkayandthx

I love these two

(three years lurker, first time poster, this is a lovely little forum)
tigertatze
living flop

There's definitely something to be said about Dan going on a rant about how people slap labels on someone so they can easily dismiss them but then turning around and saying "fuck TERFs" as if that's not slapping a label on people to shut them up :shrug:
#nohetero
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

tigertatze wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm There's definitely something to be said about Dan going on a rant about how people slap labels on someone so they can easily dismiss them but then turning around and saying "fuck TERFs" as if that's not slapping a label on people to shut them up :shrug:
What do you mean ? Terf isnt a sexuality ?
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I can't get Dan's insta story to embed on mobile, but it looks like he's at Glastonbury Festival today?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
tigertatze
living flop

TuxedoSam wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:17 pm
tigertatze wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:14 pm There's definitely something to be said about Dan going on a rant about how people slap labels on someone so they can easily dismiss them but then turning around and saying "fuck TERFs" as if that's not slapping a label on people to shut them up :shrug:
What do you mean ? Terf isnt a sexuality ?
neither are "liberal" or "conservative" which is what I believe he used as some of the examples
#nohetero
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

Dan's made it very clear how he feels about transphobia and saying "fucking ... TERFs" is very in line with that perspective that he's been consistent on for years. He's not slapping "TERF" on any individual to dismiss them entirely. It's like that time he put "AYY FUCK NAZIS" in the back of the 23 and Me video. Is this really something to argue about? If someone is not trans-exclusive [or a Nazi], he's not talking about them. If they are, he's not claiming that that label means he understands everything about them as a human being, all he's said is [fuck Nazis and] that TERFs are an example of exclusion and drama within the queer community and his response is "no thank you."
autumnhearth
senpai

onceinaugust wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:41 pm I can't get Dan's insta story to embed on mobile, but it looks like he's at Glastonbury Festival today?
Nope looks like Islington Green. I love this invite:
‘Queer rebels’ heck yeah! He’s finally doing more than making jokes :tu:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Colour me shocked and proud to see Dan at a climate change rally. But mostly proud. Good on him for it!
sparkle
blobfish

Nah terfs can fuck off. I respect their right to have an opinion - but they can seriously fuck off.

Dan is living his best gay life and I'm so proud of him. I still cannot believe he did that. Like I always WANTED a coming out video, but now I'm actually living in that universe I don't think I will ever be over it.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:14 pm
I'm just over here whispering to my phone "that's my babyyy... look there he is" :happytears:

Where is that sweater from? His own merch? I love it. Very him.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."