Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
gnostic
stress mushroom

I am just saying, Pride in the UK ain't over yet
Just here for the marketing skills
blahblahblah8
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Yay that video filled me with so much joy! It’s nice to see him so happy and at ease!
malday
emo goose

I teared up, I laughed, I cried, omg yes Phil!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

somelikeitpink wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm I honestly screamed the house down when I saw the notification.

And then I continued screaming throughout the video.

The only thing I can note right now before I loose my mind: knowing Phil was unintentionally outed by someone else... it brings a whole new mind of tragic dimension to vday video and everything that came with it. Not just because of how that must have felt for Phil but because I’m sure that he even less wanted dan (after everything he has been through) to have to go through the same thing that had happened to him (being outed by someone else)

My lord I’m emotional.

(Also this proves my theory right that the „first out gay guy dan met when he was 18“ was Phil)
God I wasn't thinking about that vday video parallel and now I don't think I can stop my heart
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

PHIL WHAT THE FUCK :rainbow: :rainbow:
i'm so not ready. I can feel the tears already.

I can't believe this is happening what dimension is this :happytears:

EDIT: Wow i've been missing out... i don't remember him being THIS funny. I LOVED THAT VIDEOO
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
simmehchan
butt chair

i rage quit after hearing phil's hair isn't naturally black, what's this about him being gay?

(seriously though, i'm so soft right now :pride: )

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

IF WE GET A DAB AND EVAN WEDDING MY HEART MAY STOP.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

I came here to see if y'all were alive
plinthofmylife wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:03 pm I LAUGHED THE WHOLE VIDEO.

Kings. True freaking kings.
Mia wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 pm When Phil tweeted that he will make a video about his sexuality at some point and it’ll be pretty low-key a few weeks ago. I was honestly expecting if we got it to be like uploaded in a few months, I was not expecting that notification today...

The video was perfect. I did love the hair joke and closet sketch. It was honest and sweet.

I'm very proud of Phil right now :prideheart2:
Those posts are me tbh. I actually thought we was not going to address it for a long loooong time. This is how they break the internet and revive everyone in this fandom.

Gosh, that closet bit. I love Phil so fucking much. Also he came out the same day as my first crush's bday lol (very gay lmao).
:happytears: <3 :rainbow: so proud of these boyes...

Also.... I guess this means they'll be going to pride together?
HA, I am not ready for that.
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
uwu
phillion/danosaur <//3

It's loving phil hours!!!!
though you may not know where your gifts may lead, and it may not show at the start, when you live your dream,
:love1: :love2: :love1: :love2: you'll find destiny is written in your heart :love1: :love2: :love1: :love2:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

I AM SO PROUD OF PHIL !!! HE IS GAY !!! I LOVE HIM!!! I CAN'T STOP CRYING!!!! :prideflag: :rainbow: :wavingflag: :happytears: :pride: :gayaf: also that 5 seconds coming out clip was peak comedy nothing will ever please me more
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Well, wow, what a surprise again. I also thought his tweet would be it so cue me having the shakes and making high-pitched “aww” sounds in the dark as I was trying for an early night when the notif popped up. I’d been quite dozy, heh, pretty awake now. I loved the little closet bit, he’s such a cheeky munchkin. Loved the hair colour opening too :roll:

So interesting to hear everything that happened and how he had one totally fine experience at uni and such a different one with people from home, as he says, he has to keep saying it with anyone he meets, I remember Ian McKellan talking about that. He was so real in the video too, amazing to see and it would be wonderful if he keeps that up. Maybe he has been and just doesn’t need to get very real about fizzy milk, though.
malday
emo goose

somelikeitpink wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm The only thing I can note right now before I loose my mind: knowing Phil was unintentionally outed by someone else... it brings a whole new mind of tragic dimension to vday video and everything that came with it. Not just because of how that must have felt for Phil but because I’m sure that he even less wanted dan (after everything he has been through) to have to go through the same thing that had happened to him (being outed by someone else)
reading this is too much right now it's tearing my heart out
knq
lava lamp

The focus Phil puts on how coming out is something gay people have to do all the time and calling the video Coming Out *To You* is quite poignant.

Rosie (from Rose and Rosie) came out to some people in a co-op video game they were filming for their channel after calling Rose ‘my friend’ and Rose laughing because she’s her wife. It just reminded me how no one is ever really done coming out until heteronormativity has been fully chipped away at, so it’s lovely to see Phil is comfortable coming out, to us and to anyone else.
laurenbacall
delia smith

phil's video was exactly what i thought it would be. upbeat and cheerful whilst also delivering messages of hope and comfort to those watching. it was very brief, fast-paced, and even (dare i say this?) impersonal - i thought it was noticeable how little he delved into his own history and personal story in contrast with dan's epic bildungsroman. however, he is an infamously private person, and it is not expected of him to do a reveal-all or share every intimate secret, so i respect his decision not to disclose his entire life story. the differences in his and dan's approaches are really interesting to me. dan has struggled with his identity, has been punished for it, and is traumatised as a result - hence his need to make some kind of final statement on his sexuality as an act of catharsis. phil does not feel the need to explain himself to anyone; we should just accept him as he is, or move on if we cannot - hence his video being lighthearted and about trying to offer comfort or support to other gay people.
gnostic
stress mushroom

simmehchan wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:27 pm i rage quit after hearing phil's hair isn't naturally black, what's this about him being gay?

(seriously though, i'm so soft right now :pride: )
I know you are joking but I was so sure Phil would never make this video (which for me is p much the best thing I watched this year), when I heard him talk about his hair colour I just assumed title was clickbait and video had nothing to do with his sexuality /facepalm
Just here for the marketing skills
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

Not to beat a dead horse, but it really was so Phil and I loved it. It felt like it was super-quick (which, I guess compared to Dan's opus, it was) but I was smiling like an idiot the whole way through. I'm so happy for him. :wavingflag:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm just...feeling so fucking much. I love these two dudes so much and I'm so proud. I love Phil, king of comedy and being lowkey. I have a lot more to say but really I'm just full of love and pride, and still in stitches over his closet joke at the start akskdk
Possum
squish

I wasn't expecting this at all, but it was indeed a very low-key video and so perfectly Phil, and I'm so proud of him!! :prideheart2: The closet bit (with the credits, lol) was perfect (and I didn't actually notice the AmazingPhil duvet until I read through the posts on here, whoa).

I could probably write a very long post about everything, but I think I need to collect my thoughts first. But yeah. I adore Phil :wavingflag:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

knq wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 pm The focus Phil puts on how coming out is something gay people have to do all the time and calling the video Coming Out *To You* is quite poignant.
This!!! This was something that I'm so glad he touched upon. I liked him outwardly saying that he's pretty much been out since his university days, partly because it was just very nice to hear, and because it tied in to this point about gay people coming out for their entire lives very nicely. Basically I love him
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Okay a silly quick thought from me: but I was just thinking about the threesome bit in Mark of Oxin and it's even funnier now with him coming out like this ahaha
ravenreyes
sofa crease

i'm so happy for him, and proud :rainbow: :rainbow:

the already iconic closet clip in the beginning was incredible and actually made me laugh out loud
idk, once again i don't really know what else to say but the "i'm great, i'm happy" really got me

i really wasn't expecting this video for some reason, but it was so like casual and sweet in the best way :love1:
english is not my first language
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I just turned my computer back on to watch this, I'm... wow. I'm so proud of Phil, I love one man. I love this video so much, oh my god. The closet scene had me in stitches. It was super funny and heartwarming and perfect. Except for the part where one of his old friends outed him because that's horrible. Nevertheless, I loved how positive he was.

On a more serious note, I find it quite interesting how different their processes of coming to terms with their sexuality were. Between the two of them and both their coming out videos, I feel like a lot of queer teens (and older people) will find themselves represented somehow and I love that. I also obviously love that in the year of 2019 they both feel safe and comfortable enough to come out in this way, it's just truly beautiful and something I didn't think would ever happen, not even six months ago.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Ok I finally watched the video and I haven't quite stopped sobbing yet but I'll try coherent sentences. :love2:

That video was low-key, and so Phil and SO GOOD. The closet part deserves to be nominated for all the awards, I'm so glad to stan the inventor of comedy and jokes.

I'm amazed that he has essentially been out since he was in university. It both surprises me yet also makes complete sense. Phil always speaks so positively about university, in fact I don't think I know even one person who speak so fondly about their time in higher education. But now I get it. University is the place where he finally lived his truth.

Ok back to crying and being overwhelmed by feelings.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
tipofmemory
dank meme
Pronouns: she/they

PHIL IM :happytears: :prideheart2: :wavingflag:

My heart is so full, I'm so proud and happy for him. I just AHHHH
knq
lava lamp

I was making my own timestamps for a liveshow Phil did in 2012 like half an hour before this video dropped, and someone from the liveshow audience called Dan's shirt gay and Dan didn't appreciate it and it hit different and thank you Phil, for picking up my broken heart and taping it back together so kindly. :prideheart2: