Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
noodlebum
flower crown

Ataraxia25 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:47 pm
That's such a good photo of him, with his casual sideways glance and subtle smirk 8-)
Last edited by noodlebum on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

cool dan, wheres the candle haul
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

:rainbow: Yes to forever home full of rainbows!!! That photograph is stunning :prideheart: I kinda assumed it was taken on tour, backstage, possibly even by Mark? But I could be totally off. The flooring does look to be going in different directions and the wall seems to be warm brown wood. Any idea what that shape is directly behind him?

Wow Dan. But at least you have one large expensive candle from your best friend.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:26 pm cool dan, wheres the candle haul
+1 on the candle haul, I'm waiting Daniel!! Also as someone who owns literally 20 scented candles, I relate hard lol
wells.kai
squish
Pronouns: They/Them

sonicgreen wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 pm
daichii wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:52 pm KING OF MY LIFE!!!!!

edit: this MUST be at the top of the page
:stan: :stan: :stan:
sorry im dragging this for the THIRD TIME onto this page. I'm emotional. Hes too good. I'm proud, I'm happy, I'm excited. :prideheart2: :happytears: psst, im still v much a sucker for phil hes too pretty

im in love with this photo and i really need to go demon phannie for a second... im in canada and respect the boys privacy so i am NOT trying to stalk them but do we have any guesses on the objects in the background? i totally feel like phil was with dan wherever he made his vid and the lights would suggest maybe they were taken the same place? im wondering a studio at youtube london or something maybe? idk but to me the object behind phil almost looks like a bench or stairs or something idk
Sincerely,
Your full time internet homo :gayaf:
jestbee
crusty sponge
Pronouns: She/her

It looks like a theatre chair? And maybe the brown wood is the edge of a stage? Could it be in a tour venue? And therefore the lights are those for the stage during tech rehearsal?

Probably not, but just throwing it out there.
jesp
why bother

wells.kai wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 pmim in love with this photo and i really need to go demon phannie for a second... im in canada and respect the boys privacy so i am NOT trying to stalk them but do we have any guesses on the objects in the background? i totally feel like phil was with dan wherever he made his vid and the lights would suggest maybe they were taken the same place? im wondering a studio at youtube london or something maybe? idk but to me the object behind phil almost looks like a bench or stairs or something idk
Looks like a chair to me, not sure though.

Big photo:
A little bit lighter:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

That looks like the II denim jacket too so I feel like it was most likely taken while they were on tour last year; no idea where though!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phil is now #1 on YouTube trending. Just spent some time reporting the comments. Honestly why is the downvote even still a feature?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
000dia000
emo goose

So....is this him trying to subtly imply he has
1. Dated a lot, but unsuccessfully,
2. A lot of friends turned out to be snakes
3. While cryptic not meant to be analyzed, genuinely just about his hoard of candles

'K then. Strange thing to tweet.
:cactus:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I assumed Phil’s just on their living room floor. I’m just admiring his face and how he looks in those jeans. Intrigued how they got the rainbow lights like that, it’s very effective.

Candle haul, Daniel, we’ve waited like 2 years, get a wiggle on.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

000dia000 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm So....is this him trying to subtly imply he has
3. While cryptic not meant to be analyzed, genuinely just about his hoard of candles

Most of the time i don't try to understand what Dan says, i take it as one of those numerous cryptic things that actually don't make much sense but are "on brand" :shrug:
:gayaf:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think it’s a tweet from his drafts but a really weird thing to tweet and then bounce. Especially because he also liked one merch tweet.
Ablissa
pastel persona

000dia000 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 pm So....is this him trying to subtly imply he has

Who would he have dated? No, this tweet is weird but it makes some sense. A meaningful relationship is not inherently romantic. This doesn't even imply his friends turned out to be snakes.

As long as he has more candles than friends, this tweet is true. Considering that they have a LOT of candles, it's just an attempt at humor I guess? The "and it feels right" bit does imply getting rid of some toxic people maybe. But I'm not relating this to dating at all.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just seems like a normal Dan joke to me. Self deprecating on the surface but not even that really negative. I mean if you consider it based based in reality we know they've got an easy half dozen candles at least. And tbh if I had half a dozen meaningful relationships I'd be pretty content in life. Just means you're picky about who you let in your life like that.

Also, what Ablissa said. Meaningful =/= romantic.
liola
rankussy

I took this as not having a lot of meaningful relationships frienship wise - we kind of know they don't have that big of a group of friends, they joke a lot about not having friends outside each other and Dan's comment on his bday cake come to mind - not having enough mates to share it with.

But it's also an on-brand relatable #sad tweet so I wouldn't read too much into it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Amiaw
interactive introvert

It could also be one of those sappy “I have everything I need tweets” but in Daniel Howell speak
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

3 and kinda 2 I'd say if I had to analyse it. It's a joke but if I had to interpret it I'd say he means he doesn't have many people he feels really close to? Kind of makes sense since he doesn't seem to be the type to have a million friends. Which, same, but I don't even have nice candles.
noodlebum
flower crown

Katka wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 pm

3 and kinda 2 I'd say if I had to analyse it. It's a joke but if I had to interpret it I'd say he means he doesn't have many people he feels really close to? Kind of makes sense since he doesn't seem to be the type to have a million friends. Which, same, but I don't even have nice candles.
:lol: I relate to this.
anonymousdork
delia smith

looking at these together really got me :love1: :rainbow:
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
philliebillie
dank meme

MY MAIN MAN LOOKS SO GOOD? I MISS HIS FACE UGH
Still thinking about how funny Phil is when he talked about looking at the sideboobs, he is so underrated really. His humor is level A.
-you can go swimming in those eyes-
Phantasy
woodland creature

lilabet wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:49 pm Phil is now #1 on YouTube trending. Just spent some time reporting the comments. Honestly why is the downvote even still a feature?
So happy to see him get his moment to shine too... youtube has finally adjusted the trending algorithm in the right direction with a focus more on content creators.
Philena
blobfish

philliebillie wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 pm Still thinking about how funny Phil is when he talked about looking at the sideboobs, he is so underrated really. His humor is level A.
Agreed. I have been casually quoting the entire video off and on all day. He was on fire!! :prideheart2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan........ why did you make me watch this. :lol:
(nsfw video)
noodlebum
flower crown

Why did I watch the whole thing :shock: should have stopped after the first second