Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan's merch aesthetics continue to be Things I Wore 10 Years Ago As Not So Edgy Prep Emo. But it looks nice anyway.

aw @ the book pin that says 'new chapter' :happytears:

also, arms. he has them.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

Little sad there's not a tank/vest of some of Hector's art. Like that dan in the rainbow flag.

This is Good Merch but I will still cry some tears I have no full time internet homo shirt.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

The tshirt/vest design is a bit Hot Topic-y for me, but the pins are cute and the earrings are an amazing idea
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Aww, he’s so cute in that vest <3 Gah, I don’t think I can fully express my feelings in words, he’s too fricking cute. I like it all, very emo/goth/him. Dammit, he’s just so cute. *happy sigh*
Phantasy
woodland creature

Ablissa wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:06 pm New merch! Not rainbow-themed but still cool? https://shop.danielhowell.com/

I like this one <3
Getting strong Shawn Mendes sleeveless vibes and I am NOT complaining!
kavat
pastel persona

Yeah his merch is not really my style, but I'm very happy about some new hd photos of both him, Sarah and Cornelia!
AltMay
glabella

I can't use earrings cause allergies but those look like something i'd wear. And also new pic has me dead. Thx bye. :happytears:

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
fairylights
crusty sponge

the new merch isn’t really my thing, but i like the earrings and i hope he wears them!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm.... I'm gonna have to buy all of this. He didn't need to go so hard on my personal aesthetic. Shit.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

Dan's new merch isn't for me, but it's a step up from his previous stuff though imo.
This sounds a lot more interesting, really hoping it will happen next year.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 pm Dan's merch aesthetics continue to be Things I Wore 10 Years Ago As Not So Edgy Prep Emo. But it looks nice anyway.
How is this so on point? :D

I love the designs but I wouldn't wear them. And I'm kind of relieved there are no rainbows. Dan isn't really a rainbow person and I would've been honestly surprised if he'd gone from dark and edgy to rainbows just because he came out.

EDIT: I just noticed the skeleton has his hair. Oh my god, I love it.

EDIT 2, because I post before I read: I would LOVE him to do Pride/rainbow merch for a special cause, what a sweet idea. I hope he'll do it next year.
Philena
blobfish

Already sold out of xs, s, and xxl vests, which is a bummer as I was just about to order. And it seems like a lot of us have sensitive ears. They are my favorite item and I am bummed. The design itself has grown on me, but I much prefer the white.

Also Cornelia has my whole heart
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Catallena wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:12 pm Dan's merch aesthetics continue to be Things I Wore 10 Years Ago As Not So Edgy Prep Emo. But it looks nice anyway.
You make a strong point. But between supporting the Lester-Howell household via wingdings or a skeleton sketch... I'll tuck the skeleton into my jeans.

Not that I wanna create a competition here. But if there was one... "Try New Things" still definitely wins.
anna_begins
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

So the person(Neil McCathie) who designed the skeleton also designed merch for MUSE
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m not a vest/tank person, but I kinda like the black tee. Teenage me would definitely buy it. Current me isn’t in a rush. Ooo nice anna!

I continue to have lines from Dan’s video pop into my head throughout the day, more funny ones than emotional ones now, he’s just so witty.

My son’s bff/soulmate (yes they really call each other that, yes they want to live together and adopt a corgi and a child and make YT videos; they’ve already posted some let’s plays) texted him with the link to Dan’s video saying “surprise!”. I am so curious about what he thought of it, mainly because I know the church his family goes to and their stance is very inflexible. I’m not letting my son watch it yet, he’s almost 10 and while the message is so important, the profanity and thirst are a bit too much, plus the suicide mention. But damnit kid I need to know!
noodlebum
flower crown

anna_begins wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:17 pm So the person(Neil McCathie) who designed the skeleton also designed merch for MUSE
That's so cool for Dan
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think the artist is close to Sarah which may be how dnp know him. If I’m thinking of the same person he may have also helped them on their pop up shop
susan2
rainbow nerd

Aw the artist, they really do love working with and sharing success with friends huh :happytears:

Lina Renzina - who's moderating the Tackling Mental Health Online panel Dan's doing at Vidcon - was on a podcast recently talking about social media and mental health. Discussions around curated feeds, authenticity, taking a break, integrating social good into your brand, having your identity tied up with with your job etc. Made me feel optimistic about the kinds of discussions that panel may bring. I'd love to hear Dan talk more about the integrating social good into your brand/work aspect. It's something both Dan and Phil have done publicly, privately and consistently throughout their careers. And with HTCTE and YoungMinds etc. it's obviously of continued importance to Dan, and something I wonder if might continue to grow for him in his new chapter.
Phantasy
woodland creature

This post queer universe is fabulous...
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

we are truly living in a blessed timeline now.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I keep going back to the "and obviously we were more than friends". Obviously. No dramatic declaration, no fancy admittance of the truth. Just "obviously". Because that wasn't the focus of the video, it was just an obvious fact that was included amidst the full story.

We knew, Dan knew we knew, it wasn't really meant to be a secret lately. Because it's 'obvious'.

Almost like Dan was fine with us knowing, fine with us speculating these days (*cough* unlike what you might hear from some people).

I really think there's such a difference between what Dan talks about in the video when he references people being all "we been knew" for like some sort of social status of knowing something first, and people actually knowing that thing because Dan (and phil) had all but told us these things. It's not about being all proud that you knew something already, it's not taking away from someone's personal experiences and journey - it's just taking these things that someone has told us and shown us and making conclusions based on these things and through discussion with others.

It was just said so matter-of-factly. Dan doesn't feel bad about withholding such an "obvious" fact from us because it's their lives and not ours, but at the same time he (imo) doesn't fault anyone for already knowing this fact.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I'm seeing more discourse today about Dan and Phil separating that I was yesterday and I was thinking back to the last liveshow and gaming video and I find them more comforting now. When Dan and Phil were explaining the hiatus they specifically said they weren't taking a break from life things.

[22:29] Dan and Phil announce that they’re taking a pause on uploading to DanAndPhilGAMES. It’s not a “life thing.” They just want to pause to have a “creative think.” They want to pause the ongoing commitment to have an assessment. There is no plan. It could be three weeks. It could be six months. It could be 52 years.

and they reiterated it in the last dilmas video again

(starting at 1:03)
D: --but, after the crazy year we’ve had, we want some time to just step back and have a think about our lives.
P: Yeah. Creatively, this is. Not in life.

(thank you itasca for the timestamps)

I didn't really give any weight to what they said at the time because the new year came and Dan disappeared and we didn't know what was going on but if events up to now have shown me anything -its that we can trust dnp again. They did exactly what they said they were going to do and tried to be as clear as they could be without spelling it out - their channels and content might change but their lives wouldn't.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 pm I keep going back to the "and obviously we were more than friends". Obviously. No dramatic declaration, no fancy admittance of the truth. Just "obviously". Because that wasn't the focus of the video, it was just an obvious fact that was included amidst the full story.

We knew, Dan knew we knew, it wasn't really meant to be a secret lately. Because it's 'obvious'.

Almost like Dan was fine with us knowing, fine with us speculating these days (*cough* unlike what you might hear from some people).

I really think there's such a difference between what Dan talks about in the video when he references people being all "we been knew" for like some sort of social status of knowing something first, and people actually knowing that thing because Dan (and phil) had all but told us these things. It's not about being all proud that you knew something already, it's not taking away from someone's personal experiences and journey - it's just taking these things that someone has told us and shown us and making conclusions based on these things and through discussion with others.

It was just said so matter-of-factly. Dan doesn't feel bad about withholding such an "obvious" fact from us because it's their lives and not ours, but at the same time he (imo) doesn't fault anyone for already knowing this fact.
I wanna slow clap this post. This is everything I think.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

im very confused
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

what is he up to.......