Dan & Phil Part 86: here, queer & full of existential fear

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Amiaw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 am Apparently Tessa Violet retweeted a tweet that said some negative things about fanfiction (specifically larrie and phanfic) she knows dnp pretty well and her replies are interesting

She feels the need to insert herself into this dumbass Fanworks Are Evil narrative by rting a post that names other people (and almost looks like it comes straight out of 2014 by comparing Phan with fucking Larry) and then she's confused about people being upset? Alright. :roll:

Also the (former? idk they were like really close years ago) best friend of Shawna/Nanalew really shouldn't be coming for the morality of others.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
felucca
truth bomb

Wait, Dan's gay? Since when?

Honestly can't believe it's been an entire week already.

Gotta love that Martyn and Cornelia took over responsibility for the double dating when Bryony and Wirrow dropped the ball, such complete and total heroes.
coffeepenguin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm
felucca wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:38 pm :tu:
thank you queen! :stan: I thought that I definitely checked you channel for it though, now I should save this video for future reference
I really should rename it something more searchable - I had trouble finding it myself at first - but eeeeh, I like the title.
Ablissa wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:33 pm The moment that Dan uploaded his video, my youtube recommendations shifted from all sorts of random crap I don't care about to 100% Dan and Phil. Love that for me. (It's kinda weird because I did regularly watch their videos prior to this too.)

Anyway, youtube decided to remind me that this gem from felucca exists, so I'm sharing it here in case you all want to smile too.
Oh, and since alittledizzy shared that cute video earlier, I'll share one of my favs as well so you can feel soft.
I had no idea people even remember who I am anymore, I've been inactive for so long and now I feel all weepy and nostalgic and at home, someone hold me, I love this fandom.

Same about the YT recommendations, it's like Youtube finally understands who I am again. I recently had my first baby ( :ribena: ) which has completely ruined my recommendations with bland family vloggers doing hauls of things I'm never buying - thank god for Dan and his ability to trend the algorithm into overdrive. (Makes me wonder how many people's recommendations he ruined :lol: )

Guess I'll spend the weekend watching more old interviews and fan videos - starting with the Phil POV one which looks amazing, thanks for sharing :heart:
Amiaw wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 am Apparently Tessa Violet retweeted a tweet that said some negative things about fanfiction (specifically larrie and phanfic) she knows dnp pretty well and her replies are interesting
Well, that... developed much better than I expected it to. Truly wholesome, 10/10 would read again.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

:dh:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Based on conversation I'm seeing elsewhere: are coke floats mainly an American thing, or are they common other places but England just happens to not be one of them?
knq
lava lamp

Funny that watching Basically I'm Gay has bent the Youtube algorithm back into shape for quite a few of us! I've been watching a bunch of Sims lets plays by lady gamers during the hiatus and I hate the ads I was getting. I have my gender set to male somewhere in Youtube/Google's ad settings just so I'll get ads for hummus and cars instead of weight loss and low self esteem. It worked up until the hiatus and after watching Dan's video ~20 times I'm getting ads for razors again.

@dizzy I've haven't heard of a cake float before. I'm from the west coast.
Lobster
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

I've had many a coke float in my time, although they're known as Spiders in Australia and aren't restricted to just coke.

In other news, I just saw this picture used as a reaction image on a fb thread (entirely unrelated to deppy) and I'm so proud
kavat
pastel persona

Tessa also likes to interact with her indirects, so I don't think she has the same sense of fourth wall as the phandom does. Maybe to her, saying things about her is the same as saying things to her. So I understand if she feels weird about shipping/speculation/whatever if it's happening in what she sees as "her" space.
obvsly
#relatable

I’ve been having a whole range of emotions reading the forum this past week. Wow. :shock:

Lol @ dan for somehow sensing the DISCOURSE here that he needed to post those stories as distraction.
knq wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 am I have my gender set to male somewhere in Youtube/Google's ad settings just so I'll get ads for hummus and cars instead of weight loss and low self esteem.
Now that’s a great idea. Hummus sounds divine. :love1:
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

Re: coke float
To me, it's one of those things that you see in American movies, it's a conceptTM, it's not something you would actually consume haha. Also, i thought it was only with drinks like root beer, so not something we have here.
The weirdest thing is that, i love vanilla ice cream, i love coke, but i feel scared about mixing the two together.
:gayaf:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I just love that hummus is apparently a thing advertised to men. Well, one little example, anyway, still it made me laugh. Hummus: man food :boredwank:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:41 am Based on conversation I'm seeing elsewhere: are coke floats mainly an American thing, or are they common other places but England just happens to not be one of them?
I remember having one as a kid in Germany of all places but I've never seen them on any menu since. :shrug: I haven't been looking for them, though. What I see a lot in continental Europe is the same thing but with orange juice, you usually get it at ice cream parlours and it's gross af.
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

There are quite a few companies I’ll just never use now on principle because their YT ads drove me so insane before I snapped and ponied up for premium. :lol:

My first recommendation after Dan’s vid was ‘Dan curls my hair’ - good job The Algorithm! <3

I had quite a few coke floats as a kid, they do tend to be on the kids menu a lot lol. Might have to try one again! :P
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
noodlebum
flower crown

In the UK a coke float is the sort of thing you might have from Frankie & Bennys (an american-style restaurant), as a bit of fun :P might have had one maybe twice as a kid/teenager. Love them excitedly trying out this concept together :D
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:41 am Based on conversation I'm seeing elsewhere: are coke floats mainly an American thing, or are they common other places but England just happens to not be one of them?
I've never had or even seen one, the idea kinda sounds weird to me - coke and ice cream together? It sounds like some concoction I might have made when I was little though, so I'm curious to try it one day!

You know, we've gone months without Dan and I missed him but now it's a few days without Phil being really active and I just..miss him already.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
noodlebum
flower crown

Same, I do hope Phil makes another video before Vidcon, even *gasp* on his own in his white-walled prison
Ablissa
pastel persona

I've had one coke float like 15 years ago on Crete. I'd still prefer that over one with orange soda which just sounds awful to me.

I'm trying to keep my expectations low, but I'd love a joint video before Vidcon. I realize it probably won't happen but wow, I can't help dreaming about it. Even a solo Phil video would be great and it seems likely, since Vidcon is still like 3 weeks away.
obvsly
#relatable

A few american-style restaurants here in Thailand offer coke floats but it’s not my thing. Sprite floats on the other hand.. :love2:

I think Phil said he filmed something in the week before dan’s video? Or did I just dream it? Whatever it was, I don’t know what I’d feel if he put up something on AP now without mentioning the past week whatsoever. Kinda glad and kinda meh? I’m conflicted but I do miss phil.

Never thought I would ever say this but another Internet Support Group from dan soon would actually be nice.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Coke floats are not a thing here, but I know them via the magic of the internet. It seems... sweet.

And yeah I too need a new Phil video. I miss his face.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
philliebillie
dank meme

I'm glad i'm not alone in my missing Phil corner. A instagram photo that shows his face would be nice, a video where i can hear his voice would complete my day. I hope he's feeling happy enough to update today.

Also, coke floats here are common, they're a fast food staple but it's just with soft-serve ice cream so I'm not sure how the real one tastes like.
-you can go swimming in those eyes-
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

didn't phil said he was doing a q&a ? and we could ask questions ? did i completly dreamed it ? did we already have it ? i don't know anymore
Ablissa
pastel persona

TuxedoSam wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:24 am didn't phil said he was doing a q&a ? and we could ask questions ? did i completly dreamed it ? did we already have it ? i don't know anymore
He already posted the q&a.
TuxedoSam
*editing tips*

Ablissa wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:40 am
TuxedoSam wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:24 am didn't phil said he was doing a q&a ? and we could ask questions ? did i completly dreamed it ? did we already have it ? i don't know anymore
He already posted the q&a.
oh oops :shock: thanks
glitterintheair
phillluminati

So, like, I'm seeing some people be like 'Phil has pre-filmed some videos we still have to see, he told us so' but didn't he already post them? When he said that he was working on a couple of videos in a previous newsletter, he meant the Q&A and the weird E-mail one, right? Genuine question, by the way, because I'm trying to understand.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
AltMay
glabella

glitterintheair wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 pm So, like, I'm seeing some people be like 'Phil has pre-filmed some videos we still have to see, he told us so' but didn't he already post them? When he said that he was working on a couple of videos in a previous newsletter, he meant the Q&A and the weird E-mail one, right? Genuine question, by the way, because I'm trying to understand.
I thought so too. When he uploaded that last video it gave me the impression he merged the two together but i hope i'm wrong cause i really miss him too. I'm hoping we'll get at least one more before vidcon too... assuming he sticks to his twice a month schedule.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AltMay wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:24 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:02 pm So, like, I'm seeing some people be like 'Phil has pre-filmed some videos we still have to see, he told us so' but didn't he already post them? When he said that he was working on a couple of videos in a previous newsletter, he meant the Q&A and the weird E-mail one, right? Genuine question, by the way, because I'm trying to understand.
I thought so too. When he uploaded that last video it gave me the impression he merged the two together but i hope i'm wrong cause i really miss him too. I'm hoping we'll get at least one more before vidcon too... assuming he sticks to his twice a month schedule.
He either only filmed one video (the q&a) when he said that or there's one more we haven't seen, because the creepiest email one was definitely filmed at least over a week later based on the date of the video of Cristine's that Phil referenced in it.

But I really hope we don't get a Phil video that he filmed a month ago. I hope the Q&A is just all he did that weekend, and whatever comes from Phil next is fresh and filmed in a post-coming-out world.
eevee
emo goose

floats are supposed to be made with ROOT BEER - a coke float?!

@alittledizzy POST-COMING OUT WORLD OMG
I imagine daniel and phil filming together and them getting a little too close or making too lovey of a comment (Which, what even is that nowadays? but anyway) and daniel being all like "careful the camera's on" and phil being like "well, by time this goes up we'll be out"
:happytears: :prideheart2:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia