Deppy personality types

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
goodbants
drama llama
Pronouns: she/her/hers

I just thought this would be an interesting discussion for anyone into mbti, enneagram, or personality tests of those sorts. Not saying these things are 100 percent accurate or anything, I just find them interesting. So excuse me while I nerd out about this..

I think Dan said once that he tested as an infj and that’s what I would have guessed for him, too. At first I thought he was Ne because he’s so witty and creative, but he has that Ni energy. I was just wondering what his enneagram would be. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a 9. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was a 4w3.

Phil seems like an infp I’m pretty sure?? Though he could be infj too. Hard to tell. It’s extremely hard for me to tell his enneagram because he is so private. Any thoughts on this??

If anyone knows what the hell im on about.. I’d love for you to indulge me in trying to figure these things for Dan and Phil.
:sparkle: this was the most fun i've ever had :sparkle:
feenix
squish
Pronouns: she/they

This is really interesting! I used to be really into MBTI and enneagram, but I've gotten more into astrology recently and haven't thought as much about typology in a while.

I always got the vibe that Phil is ENFP. He is the embodiment of Ne to me, even if he tests as INFP. I don't really see much inferior Te in him either. I could be wrong because I'm no expert, but that's just the vibe I get.

I do however see dominant Fi and inferior Te in Dan, and thought he was an INFP for a while. If he is INFJ, though (which I find hard to type as INFP and INFJ often get mistyped for each other, and I don't know enough about spotting Ni in the wild) it would make sense. ENFP and INFJ are meant to be very compatible, and we know Dan and Phil compliment each other very well (and are confirmed soulmates).

Enneagam wise, I agree with you on Dan potentially being 4w3, and Phil being too private for us to tell.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

Personality type convos are always interesting! Just wanted to let y'all know that there is old thread with a previous instantiation of this conversation, which might be an interesting comparison:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=854
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm more into enneagram than mbti, and would say Dan is a 4, with influences of 1 when at his best.
Phil is a tough cookie though! 9? Although maybe a 3w4 you know... achiever, but with that creative individual side too.
goodbants
drama llama

I was just looking more into it and Dan is a total 4w3. Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/U61HnT0H_eE
noodlebum wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:49 am I'm more into enneagram than mbti, and would say Dan is a 4, with influences of 1 when at his best.
Phil is a tough cookie though! 9? Although maybe a 3w4 you know... achiever, but with that creative individual side too.
noodlebum
flower crown

goodbants wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:08 am I was just looking more into it and Dan is a total 4w3. Watch this video.

https://youtu.be/U61HnT0H_eE
noodlebum wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:49 am I'm more into enneagram than mbti, and would say Dan is a 4, with influences of 1 when at his best.
Yep I was thinking 4w3 for Dan! Will watch that video tonight, thanks :) (I'm a 4w5, so keep my creativity to myself compared to him... and am not very good with others being emotional - it's all about ME :lol: )

Phil is still proving more difficult to me
goodbants
drama llama

Ay Phil is an INFP! It’s confirmed :)
noodlebum
flower crown

goodbants wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:01 pm Ay Phil is an INFP! It’s confirmed :)
:tu:
INFP is often a 4 or 9 according to this site, hmmm
http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/07/mye ... -type.html

I got INFP on my last go on there (after usually being a ISFJ which I can't relate to at all), and am a 4. So I wonder if Phil would get 4 or 9, or be one of the others? :sideeye:
kavat
pastel persona

I think Dan probably is a 4 and Phil maybe a 2. I can see them both having a 3 wing considering how other people always describe them both as such hard workers, but I also see 1 traits in Phil and 5 traits in Dan, so who knows.

Hannah Witton is doing a series on her channel right now going through different personality tests and I would love for deppy to do something similar. They never would, but a girl can dream.

Is anyone else into DISC-colors at all? I can see Phil be green-yellow and Dan be blue-green.
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

(my knowledge of enneagram is pretty basic so anyone with more expertise feel free to correct me)

As a 4w5 myself I see a LOT of similarities between myself and Dan in relation to the enneagram so I'm biased, but I see the way Dan approaches his videos as very 5-ish-- he doesn't care how it affects the success of his channel if he doesn't post videos often, he feels like he has to cover a subject as well as he possibly can (along with how he always emphasizes how logical he is, and how seeking knowledge seems to be very important to him). I could also see an argument for him being a 4w3, though; there's a desire for social approval there that is much more 3-ish, and the worry he articulated during the mukbang about putting on different faces for different people is VERY 4w3. In terms of tritype, I'd guess he's either a 458 or a 145.

Phil has always seemed very 9 to me (specifically a 9w1) because of his strong conflict-aversion streak, with influences of 2 and 3-- I could see him as a 279 or a 379 for tritype, maybe?
noodlebum
flower crown

nigel ratburn wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:57 pm (my knowledge of enneagram is pretty basic so anyone with more expertise feel free to correct me)

As a 4w5 myself I see a LOT of similarities between myself and Dan in relation to the enneagram so I'm biased, but I see the way Dan approaches his videos as very 5-ish-- he doesn't care how it affects the success of his channel if he doesn't post videos often, he feels like he has to cover a subject as well as he possibly can (along with how he always emphasizes how logical he is, and how seeking knowledge seems to be very important to him). I could also see an argument for him being a 4w3, though; there's a desire for social approval there that is much more 3-ish, and the worry he articulated during the mukbang about putting on different faces for different people is VERY 4w3. In terms of tritype, I'd guess he's either a 458 or a 145.

Phil has always seemed very 9 to me (specifically a 9w1) because of his strong conflict-aversion streak, with influences of 2 and 3-- I could see him as a 279 or a 379 for tritype, maybe?

4w5's represent 8-) :lol:

Not heard of tritypes before so will have to investigate that. Yes the less content because he feels it needs to be the absolute best is more of a 4 wing 5 than 4 wing 3 thing to do, I would say. 4 wing 5's create more for themselves than for others/success so create less, but it's (supposedly) more superior work.

Also I found this online, taken from 'Personality Types: Using the Enneagram for Self-Discovery' by Don Richard Riso:

'Fours with a five wing burn brighter than Fours with a three wing, but at the risk of burning themselves out faster. They are often drawn to the arts and social sciences, where their insights into the human condition can be explored. '

(I have a document with sentences I've picked up from various tests/reports regarding my own enneagram type, because I'm a self-absorbed Four/a bit lame :oops: )

kavat wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:24 pm Hannah Witton is doing a series on her channel right now going through different personality tests and I would love for deppy to do something similar. They never would, but a girl can dream.
Can you imagine?! :stan: