Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Welcome thatspecificboob! And I congratulate you on the excellent username :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

+1 to loving Phil’s glittery face and the merch. I passed on the previous range, but bought one of each of these. Even got a large before they sold out which seems to have been lucky cos first I took my time scrolling through who IRL and Deps follow on ig to see if I could find the new lady in the photo, but no joy. She might just not be on ig, of course. Also peeked at their manager Fleur’s and by god her bio ends with exuding arrogance (to paraphrase and quote: bringing creative people into your lives. “you’re welcome”. :yuck: )

Love the photo of Bryony too, reminds me that she was in Phil’s old interactive space adventure video.
eevee
emo goose

If Phil expanded the whole collection and made a candle for every star sign, I think he'd get a lot of exposure as the astrology community may buy them without even knowing who he is!

I realize the candle is "suitable for all star signs" but just an idea...

He could start with Gemini :angel:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Philena
blobfish

^^ Yup. I know it's been talked about before, but my experiences with worldwide shipping to the US have been much better and cheaper than from the US shop.

I thought I didn't like the t or socks this time, so I ordered the candle and (adorable!) mirror. Then I saw the embroidery up close and had big regret, so now have a shirt and socks coming. Oops. Hope they enjoy the extra moolah

Also, yes to star sign merch!!!!
eevee
emo goose

Philena wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 pm I thought I didn't like the t or socks this time, so I ordered the candle and (adorable!) mirror. Then I saw the embroidery up close and had big regret, so now have a shirt and socks coming. Oops. Hope they enjoy the extra moolah
omg...until you said that I thought it was a popsocket!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
starwatersong
phabergé

Apparently someone had the idea for the merch and Phil is happy to give credit (and, I’m thinking, free stuff!).
wells.kai
squish
Pronouns: They/Them

eevee wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm If Phil expanded the whole collection and made a candle for every star sign, I think he'd get a lot of exposure as the astrology community may buy them without even knowing who he is!

How about cancer since its cancer season? <3 (sorry cheeky self indulgent thing here its my birthday in five days so im basically smack down in the middle of cancer season)

but yessssss im in love with astrology it would be cool to combine some of my fav things (deppy and astrology)
Sincerely,
Your full time internet homo :gayaf:
Philena
blobfish

eevee wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:11 pm
Philena wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 pm I thought I didn't like the t or socks this time, so I ordered the candle and (adorable!) mirror. Then I saw the embroidery up close and had big regret, so now have a shirt and socks coming. Oops. Hope they enjoy the extra moolah
omg...until you said that I thought it was a popsocket!
I thought it was a badge!! Either way, I will enjoy it.
wells.kai wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:01 pm
eevee wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 pm If Phil expanded the whole collection and made a candle for every star sign, I think he'd get a lot of exposure as the astrology community may buy them without even knowing who he is!

How about cancer since its cancer season? <3 (sorry cheeky self indulgent thing here its my birthday in five days so im basically smack down in the middle of cancer season)

but yessssss im in love with astrology it would be cool to combine some of my fav things (deppy and astrology)
I really, really want some Cancer merch, too. Though it would be cute if Dan came out with Gemini stuff/candles. Not really his style, but still cute.
thatspecificboob
smol bean

knq wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:00 pm Welcome thatspecificboob! And I congratulate you on the excellent username :lol:
Thanks, couldn't resist! :lol:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I LOVE the merch; I might not be an Aquarius but it’s all very much stuff I like! Dan’s was as well ... lucky for me, less so for my poor wallet.

Dan’s been very quiet this week. No theories, just an observation - I expect (hope) we’ll hear from him tomorrow, though.
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
knq
lava lamp

madzilla84 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:52 pm
I LOVE the merch; I might not be an Aquarius but it’s all very much stuff I like! Dan’s was as well ... lucky for me, less so for my poor wallet.
Dan’s been very quiet this week. No theories, just an observation - I expect (hope) we’ll hear from him tomorrow, though.
Right? When is he going to tell us he’s gay again? :( I was getting attached to the daily reminders.
itasca00
moon room
Pronouns: He/Him/His

itasca00 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:13 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:11 pm Do you ever just have the impulsive urge to go buy one of those big multi-picture photo frame set that you're supposed to put like, family pictures or some shit in, and then just fill it all with Dan and Phil things that give you a feeling of secondhand satisfaction even though it's not your life or your relationship but like when you stare hard enough at it you just feel So Good and you feel like that deserves to be immortalized on your walls and who cares if your family and friends are confused as to who all these strangers are what no just me okay never mind.
When I look around at all the Dan and Phil stuff in my room, I like to remind myself that Dan has told us that it’s not a shrine unless you light candles. So, just don’t put any candles under the frame, and you’re good to go!

(But actually this is a cute idea, and I’m now considering creating a digital collage of my favorite D&P photos for myself.)
Oh, dear. I bought the candle! Phil is turning my harmless collection into a shrine! ...I guess I just need to avoid putting all of my Dan and Phil stuff in one place, and I'll still be okay. :lol:

(By the way, in the quoted post, I was referencing this moment.)
You're being beamed up by aggressive aliens and they're plugging in the anal probe
"Oh, God. Okay. I say: *shrug* [...] I'd be like, 'I don't know how this works. Put a condom on that thing. *shrug*'"
Dan Howell, 5/10/18 Try new things..?
autumnhearth
senpai

flarequake wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:01 pm +1 to loving Phil’s glittery face and the merch. I passed on the previous range, but bought one of each of these. Even got a large before they sold out which seems to have been lucky cos first I took my time scrolling through who IRL and Deps follow on ig to see if I could find the new lady in the photo, but no joy. She might just not be on ig, of course. Also peeked at their manager Fleur’s and by god her bio ends with exuding arrogance (to paraphrase and quote: bringing creative people into your lives. “you’re welcome”. :yuck: )

Love the photo of Bryony too, reminds me that she was in Phil’s old interactive space adventure video.
I was just thinking someone should make a glow up post with an image from that vid. I love her in it. :love2:

Really lovely to see new folks joining the fandom through their coming out! :prideheart:

I had the same thought about people adding the candle to their memorabilia and it suddenly becoming a genuine shrine. Though my kid is the one with the non-wearable in this house.
Possum
squish

I am weak and bought the socks and the candle. I have all of the other socks and I guess I want to collect them all, lol. I love his other merch too! And the photos of him with a glittery face! <3
sonicgreen wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:19 pmI would have bought the socks but they look... scratchy? I'll wait until someone who ordered can confirm
If they feel the same as the other socks, I've never found them to be scratchy! They might not the absolute softest socks I've ever had (they're just made of cotton, I think), but I think they feel nice to wear. (But yeah, if you're unsure, maybe wait until someone can confirm!)
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

i love the new space merch and i really hope i can get the constellation shirt at some point.
:transheart:
bantsandpheels
phillion/danosaur <//3

Hi everyone! I've been watching D&P for a long ass time... Fell down the rabbit hole of phan theories way back around 2012 (thanks phan dir***ory - literally a guilty pleasure) and I was very invested in the phandom until I lost interest around the time of TATINOF/TABINOF.

Like many people, I was banking on D&P never coming out in the foreseeable future, and I'm still shook by our new gay reality. It feels like a dream.

After Dan's video, I was curious how people who knew the 'proof' reacted, but sadly the Tumblr blogs I loved are a little dead, and I never quite liked the culture on the... other forum. I'm thankful to have discovered this gem of a place! You guys seem nice, you actually like Dan and Phil, and I don't have to pretend I have never looked for the 'proof' (I'm not proud of it, but its not like I can unsee it🤷‍♀️ )

Anyway I'm really more of a lurker but decided to make an introductory post in case I wanted to post more! Also I'm v v excited for the pride parade! Trying not to get my hopes up but I think I actually will be disappointed if Phil isn't there ._.

Edit: I tried to keep it short but wow, brevity is really not my strength
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Welcome bantsandpheels! Wow! You’ve been down the rabbit hole since 2012? I just fell in 2016 and was convinced they’d never make coming out videos but just live their truth more and more openly. But the fact that they did make coming out videos is why I am so far down the rabbit hole! Because they always go above and beyond what I expect from them or anybody. I can’t see Phil not being with Dan tomorrow. It’s such a big moment for them both. I think Phil’s memory maybe ain’t so good without the benefit of pouring over every documented word he ever said (I’m looking at you Joint Attraction Playlist). Phil seversl times referred to marrying a woman, so he went beyond simply not addressing his sexuality on his channel/Younow but actually misled viewers to at least think he was bi.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
cheekyc
squish

This guy on YouTube made a really interesting take on Dan’s style through the years. I never realized just how much designer clothing he wears.
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
bantsandpheels
phillion/danosaur <//3

Susanisnotafish wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:07 am Welcome bantsandpheels! Wow! You’ve been down the rabbit hole since 2012?
I started watching Dan during his gay denial phase, and that was the only version of Dan I knew at first. So when I saw a gif of the PINOF1 tackle hug on Tumblr, you can imagine my confusion! And that sent me down the trail of 2019/2010 phan content, and eventually the 'phan proof' blogs (I do regret this, knowing what I know now). I think part of the reason I got so invested was because my mind couldn't reconcile the 2 different realities they presented to us - flirty D&P and 'best friends ugh no homo" D&P. It was so strange, it was hard not to want to look. Edited to add: Also regrettably, my mind didn't understand gay denial at the time. A lot of us were just "hmmm why you lying Dan 🤔 "
I just fell in 2016 and was convinced they’d never make coming out videos but just live their truth more and more openly. But the fact that they did make coming out videos is why I am so far down the rabbit hole! Because they always go above and beyond what I expect from them or anybody.

These past couple of years have been absolutely amazing and I'm sorry that I have missed so much of it. I'm still going through my backlog of dapg content (concentrating on 2017-2018 for now) and its incredible how much more comfortable they have gotten in front of the camera. I could never have imagined this.
I can’t see Phil not being with Dan tomorrow. It’s such a big moment for them both. I think Phil’s memory maybe ain’t so good without the benefit of pouring over every documented word he ever said (I’m looking at you Joint Attraction Playlist). Phil seversl times referred to marrying a woman, so he went beyond simply not addressing his sexuality on his channel/Younow but actually misled viewers to at least think he was bi.
I may be wrong, but I do recall him saying he was bi, maybe 2008-ish? I wonder if he had a phase where he used the 'bi' label IRL too, then changed to 'gay' afterwards.
Last edited by bantsandpheels on Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
jesp
why bother

bantsandpheels wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:40 am

I can’t see Phil not being with Dan tomorrow. It’s such a big moment for them both. I think Phil’s memory maybe ain’t so good without the benefit of pouring over every documented word he ever said (I’m looking at you Joint Attraction Playlist). Phil seversl times referred to marrying a woman, so he went beyond simply not addressing his sexuality on his channel/Younow but actually misled viewers to at least think he was bi.
I may be wrong, but I do recall him saying he was bi, maybe 2008-ish? I wonder if he had a phase where he used the 'bi' label IRL too, then changed to 'gay' afterwards.

Welcome to IDB! You might find this FAQ post interesting.
uwu
phillion/danosaur <//3

cheekyc wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 am

This guy on YouTube made a really interesting take on Dan’s style through the years. I never realized just how much designer clothing he wears.
Oh my gosh those old red carpet photos are so awkward :lol:
though you may not know where your gifts may lead, and it may not show at the start, when you live your dream,
:love1: :love2: :love1: :love2: you'll find destiny is written in your heart :love1: :love2: :love1: :love2:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

I love that fashion review! It felt like a taste of what it would be like for Dan to be in Queer Eye.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ooh, love that clothes video, great to hear from someone who knows stuff about it.

Still hoping Dan will be on the BBC news today maybe at 12pm when there’s national and then London news for 10 minutes each. Right now there’s 4 hours of breakfast news until 10am, it might be anywhere or right at the end of that (the time they were on for Tabinof was at the end and with the same presenters). I’ve got OBS recording the news channel on iPlayer cos it’s got the breakfast news on and then just continues, otherwise the timed programmes are on iPlayer for 24 hours afterwards so with any luck we’ll catch it (assuming we didn’t miss it on Monday or Tuesday, but “before Pride” may have been so literal they thought it was too obvious to tell us :shrug: )
tipofmemory
dank meme
Pronouns: she/they

Confirmed by the interviewer that Dan won't be on until Monday (not my screenshot):

flarequake
not an airport stalker

Of course it’s now next week, goodness knows they can’t just know a date and tell us once. Billy Porter interview, he knows the date :roll: