Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
onomatopoeia
squish
Pronouns: she/her

As a fellow aquarian I was so ready to throw my money at him, then at the checkout it showed that they don't ship to my country boooo :sideeye: The dnp shop did so I just assumed that Phil's shop would too. Oh well, thanks for letting me save £25!

Edit: Great. First time at the top of the page and it's a complaint whoops :oops:
knq
lava lamp

I’m so happy thinking about dnp going to pride. :prideheart2: I want them to feel safe and empowered and proud and gay and free and not too warm. :wavingflag:
sparkle
blobfish

Can Dan make Gemini merch please and thank you.

As a fellow sad queer Gemini and massive fan of Dans solo merch I would give him all the money.

This is after already spending a large amount of money on the last merch he launched which was so my thing it wasn't even fair.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
bluecaterpillar
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

the parade starts at midday (i just went to check out the route on google maps and it's marked with a rainbow line!) so i better get some good instagram stories from them at any point after that! excited to see their pride #looks and i hope they have a fun and affirming day :prideheart2:
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
starwatersong
phabergé

This just amused me. Especially as their pinned post of their meet and greet clearly shows them wearing the same jumper.
GalaxyDarling
Pronouns: he/him

flarequake wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:56 am Of course it’s now next week, goodness knows they can’t just know a date and tell us once. Billy Porter interview, he knows the date :roll:
Maybe the interview is not so LGBT+ specific after all? For sure they could have prioritized Dan's interview over the other LGBT+ segments aired this week... oh well. Before Pride, my ass :lol:
GalaxyDarling
Pronouns: he/him

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:35 am the parade starts at midday ... excited to see their pride #looks and i hope they have a fun and affirming day :prideheart2:
:wavingflag: Here's for a very gay day!
noodlebum
flower crown

cheekyc wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:23 am

This guy on YouTube made a really interesting take on Dan’s style through the years. I never realized just how much designer clothing he wears.
I really liked this video, was interesting and I liked him choosing outfits/designers that he thinks Dan would suit. The Heliot Emil stuff at the end definitely looks like clothes Dan would wear.
Need to bring some more pastel to his wardrobe though, he looks lovely in pale pink.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:21 pm lbr, we all know what phil's really gonna be serving at this restaurant

Omg this made me chuckle out loud on a train I’m on! You guys are too funny.
apathy wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 pm
kavat wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:33 pm It's really interesting hearing all the different stories. I considered myself straight for lack of a better word for most of my life, until I joined the phandom at age 26. That made me come back to tumblr after years off and I stumbled over the word asexual for the first time. I had only ever heard it in medical context before, never as a sexuality. I read up on all the different terms under the ace umbrella (demi, grey, flux etc) and for the first time realized that maybe I wasn't an emotionless robot, I was just ace. Finding that label also made me more comfortable in acknowledging attraction to more than just guys. I'm still pretty comfortable being a formelss blob, but an ace one :asexualheart:

So big thank you to the phandom for being so vocal about queer topics and sexuality, it literally changed my life :rainbow:
I also had never known what asexuality was until phandom. But as an oblivious ace/aro who didn't know those things existed, it took me over 30 years to realize that it wasn't just a few random obsessed people and a lot of media hype... most people do actually want to have sex with other people and I was the "weird" one all along. :shock: Crazy. :lol:
Just here to say: me too.
I always labelled myself as bisexual, mainly because I was with a guy. I think I knew deep down for a long time that I was more attracted to women but I repressed it for a long time. I never wanted to have sex though and always felt like there was “something wrong” with me. If not for my current partner and the phandom I wouldn’t know what asexuality is and I definitely fit under that umbrella somehow. I definitely only like women now but I have no sexual feelings for anyone. It’s so nice actually being able to “fit” in with something now and not just think there is something wrong with me.

I was actually “outed” just this year, at the age of 38 by a work colleague at the Christmas party. I personally don’t care who knows but I would have preferred to be the one who told people myself, people were cool about it (fuck them if they weren’t) but it does still make me angry thinking about how being anything other than straight is apparently a big deal that people feel the need to gossip about.

On that note, happy London Pride everyone :pride: im sadly not going this year but I hope deppy take photos if they go!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

I have nothing to do but wait to see their pride outfits! I’m keeping my expectations very low because I wouldn’t be surprised if dan showed up in one of his many stripped jumpers haha he did say sequins though I’m just hoping it’s not his black jacket. Come on dan please break your all black rule just for once. I hope they have an amazing first pride experience and don’t get too overwhelmed by the crowds, they deserve to feel free. If anyone is going to London pride today have fun and stay safe. :gayaf: :pride: :prideflag:
kavat
pastel persona

I really liked that fashion video! He seemed to know what he was talking about, both in terms of fashion and Dan. Now all I want is for Dan to feature on Jim Champman's In the closet series, where he visits youtubers and interviews them through their closet. For example Joe Sugg and Tom Daley. I bet Dan has a bunch of cool designer stuff we've never seen because he likes to go outside in the same four outfits.
AmethystHollis
smol bean

kavat wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:24 am
drago wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:12 am
GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:40 am
noodlebum wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:12 am It was around 80% female last year
https://danandphilsurvey.tumblr.com/pos ... ions-about
Maybe it's because they aren't the typical youtube lads, that they seem to have more of a female (or queer male?) following?
Love stats, I forgot about the phandom survey, must study it intently 8-)
Oh my gosh, only 3.9% of cis males? I would be in that group. I have always been attracted to female favorites, but many others gays apparently are not. That's a shame really. I trust women and non-binary people more when it comes to taste in men.
But the thing is there are a LOT of gay women as well.
Makes me think of this reply from the tumblr q&a last year:
x

As well as this:
x
omg, im famous :D
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

Okay, incredibly late to the party, so I'll try and be succinct!

So, I started watching Phil in 2008 and Dan pretty much as soon as he started appearing with Phil. I watched them pretty avidly from 2008 - 2013 (I was super into the whole Nerdfighter/BritTuber world as a teenager), but gradually drifted from watching that stuff. I'd occasionally have a look at what they were doing over the years but was never invested.

HOWEVER, seeing Dan's Coming Out video trending brought me back and now I've suddenly become ridiculously invested in them again catching up with everything they've been doing over the past years :prideheart2: (which included bringing me here and full on lurking for the past month).

It's almost been like re-connecting with some old friends, I'm so ridiculously proud of both of them with their coming out stories and also realising how successful they've been! I remember listening to the Christmas Radio show when it first happened but I didn't realise how much they'd achieved since (the tours, books, awards gosh.)

I'm very glad this community exists, particularly as an older fan (25) as it appears that most of you guys are older too!

Anyway, I'm very excited for Pride today, I hope we can see a lil bit of how they're getting involved! :pride: (selfishly a bit annoyed as a Brit in Oz this year, normally I would be around for London Pride and would love to have maybe caught of glimpse of them in the wild).

I'm curious, would people say Dan and Phil are unknown enough to go to somewhere like Pride and not get harassed by people all day?
basicallyimlesbian
tol bean

livoy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:03 am I'm curious, would people say Dan and Phil are unknown enough to go to somewhere like Pride and not get harassed by people all day?
Definitely unknown enough thst they won't be recognised by a good 90% of the people there, but enough that they'll probably be stopped pretty frequently.

Plan is on the 0.01% chance I bump into them is to dig their outfits and wish them a happy Gay Pride and PRETEND I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE. Just send some dykey joy their way lmao
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Hold onto your fluffy ears, everyone
One way to not recognise him ;) might go subtle with just ears/tail perhaps.

Eta - hee, my rank is so apt.

I’ve been thinking he/they will be on a float partly for safety.
Ablissa
pastel persona

The furry thing is so surprising and yet makes so much sense. I am at the edge of my seat.

Is Phil going? ngl I'll be a bit sad if it's just Dan, I think they both deserve to experience their first pride. <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

It would only be fair if Phil got a fursuit too. He's the original furry enabler of the two. Anyway. Weird ass way for Dan to first make an appearance today, but fitting nonetheless. Interested to see what else is to come!
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

basicallyimlesbian wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:12 am
livoy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:03 am I'm curious, would people say Dan and Phil are unknown enough to go to somewhere like Pride and not get harassed by people all day?
Definitely unknown enough thst they won't be recognised by a good 90% of the people there, but enough that they'll probably be stopped pretty frequently.

Plan is on the 0.01% chance I bump into them is to dig their outfits and wish them a happy Gay Pride and PRETEND I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE. Just send some dykey joy their way lmao
Spending too much time on the internet definitely skews my perception of how well-known they actually are, that sounds about right, I had images of them being swarmed by people but really they are two internet celebs they should be okay haha.

Aha I like that approach, you never know!! The atmosphere at Pride is great for just outright complimenting/generally being open with people so it'd be a great place to run into them.
bluecaterpillar

yeah it doesn't look like phil's at pride after all
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

bluecaterpillar wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:40 am yeah it doesn't look like phil's at pride after all
He might not be marching/watching the parade. It’s massive this year. There are so many other pride things on today so we may see him later.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Phantasy
woodland creature

No rainbows, no glitter, just a black pride t-shirt and black jeans... gay, but still on brand.
would love to know who made his we’re here we’re queer we’re filled with existential fear sign... himself... Bryony... a fan? Image
Last edited by Phantasy on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm already feeling a lot of feelings for babys first pride rn :happytears: :rainbow:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

There’s this hecking adorable video too
Damn, he looks good in that outfit and he’s so sweet to people. The letters on his sign are very neat, don’t know whether that tells us whether he’s likely to have made it himself or not (he is a perfectionist, we just don’t see it in baking or, um, crafting, videos).
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am I'm already feeling a lot of feelings for babys first pride rn :happytears: :rainbow:
Seeing him at his first pride knowing he had all those years of hiding away and that he is ready to be open and proud is too much for my heart rn :prideheart2: :wavingflag:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Is anyone else genuinely shocked that Phil isn't there? Seeing the pictures I want to be thrilled for Dan and the journey it took for him to get to this moment, but my brain won't shut off the constant drum of," Where's Phil? Why on earth wouldn't he be there?" that keeps running on a loop. It doesn't make any sense. Phil's come out, he's released his video before London Pride, and and Dan are together (in whatever way you want to define that), why isn't he there?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell