Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

sapienveneficus wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 am Is anyone else genuinely shocked that Phil isn't there? Seeing the pictures I want to be thrilled for Dan and the journey it took for him to get to this moment, but my brain won't shut off the constant drum of," Where's Phil? Why on earth wouldn't he be there?" that keeps running on a loop. It doesn't make any sense. Phil's come out, he's released his video before London Pride, and and Dan are together (in whatever way you want to define that), why isn't he there?
Dan is radiating happiness and I'm so thrilled for him. I did expect to see Phil there with him too though. My hope is he will show up later, and I'm clinging to it.
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

sapienveneficus wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:08 am Is anyone else genuinely shocked that Phil isn't there? Seeing the pictures I want to be thrilled for Dan and the journey it took for him to get to this moment, but my brain won't shut off the constant drum of," Where's Phil? Why on earth wouldn't he be there?" that keeps running on a loop. It doesn't make any sense. Phil's come out, he's released his video before London Pride, and and Dan are together (in whatever way you want to define that), why isn't he there?
Hmm, I see where you're coming from. But I would say as it looks like Dan is marching, perhaps that Dan wanted to do that on his own? As Phil seems to have been more open with sexuality over the years he may have been to pride events before whereas this is more of a big moment for Dan, plus if they were to march together it might draw more attention to 'Dan and Phil' rather than Dan being able to enjoy the moment?

I'm imagining Phil will be in the crowd somewhere supporting him!
Ablissa
pastel persona

livoy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:16 am Hmm, I see where you're coming from. But I would say as it looks like Dan is marching, perhaps that Dan wanted to do that on his own? As Phil seems to have been more open with sexuality over the years he may have been to pride events before whereas this is more of a big moment for Dan, plus if they were to march together it might draw more attention to 'Dan and Phil' rather than Dan being able to enjoy the moment?

I'm imagining Phil will be in the crowd somewhere supporting him!
I agree with your sentiment! I just think it may be unrealistic for Phil to have been to any pride events before. The risk of being seen by a fan was much too high.
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

All black for Pride, really? LOL. Love him though :wavingflag:
Maybe we will see some sequins/glitter later today.
obvsly
#relatable

I sincerely hope phil isn’t sick or anything. Dan looks happy so I’m happy for him but ngl it’d be nice to catch a glimpse of phil too. All the “courage to exist” signs that I saw on Twitter people put up along the way are so sweet. I hope dan sees them. :prideheart2:
PolarFox
truth bomb

Dan hung out with the furries :happytears: :prideflag: In conclusion, I stan harder than ever before :stan:
Maybe Phil just really doesn’t like crowds like that so it’s fair if he doesn’t show up. All that matters to me rn is how happy and radiant Dan is looking right now! :pride: :wavingflag: :love2:
Awww! You clicked on my signature!
GalaxyDarling

Someone give Dan a rainbow flag so he can put it on his shoulders pls. That would give all the color we need
Amiaw
interactive introvert

The official London pride account is following both dan and Phil so idk if that means anything but Phil could just be attending events later.
I think the bigger shock would have been if Phil was in the parade marching - that’s really never been his thing
GalaxyDarling

Showing his courage to exist :prideheart2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Dan is so fucking HAPPY and I've had two hours of sleep and I'm crying.
GalaxyDarling

i'm crafting
Pr1nc3ss_p3rdy
not a first-time poster

PolarFox wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 am Dan hung out with the furries :happytears: :prideflag: In conclusion, I stan harder than ever before :stan:
Maybe Phil just really doesn’t like crowds like that so it’s fair if he doesn’t show up. All that matters to me rn is how happy and radiant Dan is looking right now! :pride: :wavingflag: :love2:
Yeah I get super overwhelmed in crowds so I probably wouldn't be able to cope at such a large pride so maybe it's just that? It would have been really nice to see him there though, so fingers crossed for later! :pride: :prideheart2:

Ps. This is my first post here :love1: :gayaf:
Ablissa
pastel persona

GalaxyDarling

ahh ^^ that's one of my fave pics of him ever. it's the gay glow!
susan2
rainbow nerd

:prideheart2:
uwu
phillion/danosaur <//3

My heart is bursting ahhh I love him so much xasldhfwekfjgajdgwefgereg <3 :wavingflag: :happytears:
though you may not know where your gifts may lead, and it may not show at the start, when you live your dream,
:love1: :love2: :love1: :love2: you'll find destiny is written in your heart :love1: :love2: :love1: :love2:
Ablissa
pastel persona

Each and every photo of him is just Pure Joy and Happiness and Pride and FREEDOM and I'm just like. Yeah. I love you Dan. Be happy. :prideheart2: :prideheart2: :prideheart2: :prideheart2:
poweroftriangles

Look at him and his biiig smile :')

Bit surprised about Phil but I do hope to see him surface later.
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Just woke up. Emotionally unprepared.

So painfully happy for him. He looks so ecstatic. He’s doing such wonderful things.

I love Dan sososo much.

:happytears:

Happy Pride, IDB! :wavingflag:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Welcome to all the new members, it's lovely to see so many new people come along!!

Also I'm just :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:

No words. Just crying and pride. I'm so fucking happy for him <3
bluecaterpillar

susan2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:43 am :prideheart2:
all this dan at pride content is making me so happy, he's really living his best gay life just now :wavingflag:

so he's marching in the stonewall (+ mermaids and black pride) group, nice! i was trying to figure out what group those t-shirts represented
there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach
ravenreyes
sofa crease

aw, he looks so happy in all the photos i've seen! and lmao his sign :wavingflag:

and it's still early, they might both go to things later or something. or it might not just be phil's kind of thing, idk. i guess we'll see :love1:
hopefully i'll come back to a lot of happy things later!

once again, it just makes me feel so happy and proud of him
especially since i'm not really there yet myself
english is not my first language
susan2
rainbow nerd

liola
rankussy

Dan looks so happy and absolutely glowing but not gonna lie, if we don't get anything from Phil I will be sad. I don't necessarily mean something joint, I just want to enjoy Phil at his first pride as an out and proud man that had the courage to come out to his audience of millions, is that too much to ask ;_;

Still so much love for Dan showing us just how brave he is and how much he cares :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

There are any number of reasons why Phil wouldn't be with Dan, but it seems like maybe Stonewall just didn't ask Phil (for one thing, there hasn't been much time between his coming out video and Pride to organize things), and Dan's focusing on supporting good causes and not on bringing his partner to Pride.