Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Omgsonew
crusty sponge

I cry
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, holy heck-dizzle “those are mine” is the cutest thing <3
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

flarequake wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:24 pm Ooh, I figured out who that fella is, I was just feeling a recognising vibe and when you asked, it took me a moment, but then it clicked, it’s their manager Mike Cook; photo still on the VidCon London site (main page is just for next year, but the internal page came up on google) - https://vidconlondon.com/people/10174/m ... -the-fray/ So he’s got a kind-of/not-really bodyguard
This is interesting to me because isn't Mike Phil's manager, not Dan's? Have we had any Fleur sightings, or are things really interchangeable? Or I guess Fleur could've had a conflict. I've just been wondering about what it actually means for them to have different managers these days.
AltMay
glabella

Wow. Woke up and saw all of this. It's amazing! I'm over the moon with how joyful and proud he looks. I'm really happy for him, he deserves it. Bright future indeed.

Also, it's so great to see so many people coming to the phandom after their videos! Welcome all!

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:32 pm This is so cute.
This paired with the group he’s marching with makes me feel all sorts of :prideheart:
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Templeofshame wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:50 pm
flarequake wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:24 pm Ooh, I figured out who that fella is, I was just feeling a recognising vibe and when you asked, it took me a moment, but then it clicked, it’s their manager Mike Cook; photo still on the VidCon London site (main page is just for next year, but the internal page came up on google) - https://vidconlondon.com/people/10174/m ... -the-fray/ So he’s got a kind-of/not-really bodyguard
This is interesting to me because isn't Mike Phil's manager, not Dan's? Have we had any Fleur sightings, or are things really interchangeable? Or I guess Fleur could've had a conflict. I've just been wondering about what it actually means for them to have different managers these days.
I know they’re listed separately now, but they’ve been a pair for years and I think were managed by both. I think it’s probably just who was available and more willing to walk for 2 hours, though I could be wrong. Fleur often used to be in the background at meet-ups while Marianne took charge, but still things have changed a bit since then.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

flarequake wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:55 pm
Templeofshame wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:50 pm
I know they’re listed separately now, but they’ve been a pair for years and I think were managed by both. I think it’s probably just who was available and more willing to walk for 2 hours, though I could be wrong. Fleur often used to be in the background at meet-ups while Marianne took charge, but still things have changed a bit since then.
Oh, I thought they were managed by Marianne when they were treated as a pair. I've been wondering since the shift about what it actually means, not only for Marianne to be out of the picture but to have separate managers, but maybe it's just taking a level out of the hierarchy? I'm not good at this stuff. I've just been looking out for what the difference is now that they are listed separately with separate managers, and seeing Mike there with Dan makes it seem like maybe not much.
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

I just woke up and I'm overwhelmed :happytears: Being the emotional being that I am, maybe I am tearful, but I'm so happy for Dan ! He looks happy and I hope he's having a great time which it seems like he is :pride: now I will go continue to cry over pictures :happytears:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

hi im so proud of dan and his first pride and the huge smile he had all morning :prideheart2:
i don’t know what to think of not seeing phil yet, but i’m really happy dan marched with stonewall uk and is further using his platform for good. i love him so much, and i love all the photos of him recognizing us and being excited by our support and presence. im crying :happytears:
rikonee
drama llama

It hasn't really set in to me that this is real and not some alternate universe. I'm one of those people who think that Deppy would never share these with their audience.

I am speechless. Extremely happy for Dan and Phil. Honestly it's amazing to see two beautiful people who are partners both in professional and personal lives, have been loyal to each other for a decade, and just support the shit out of each other. Truly soulmates and I don't throw that word around lightly. :wavingflag:
Almost married PJ. we broke up tho
-Philip Michael Lester, 2008
flarequake
not an airport stalker

GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

i might actually cry
eevee
emo goose

got that Tyler Oakley stamp of approval

DAN BEING SO HAPPY AND RUNNING TO HUG HIS SUPPORTERS IS LITERALLY *KILLING* ME I AM *NOT* OKAY DO NOT *ASK* ME IF I'M OKAY I AM *LOSING MY MIND* i feel like this is the happiest ive even SEEN him and i'm losing it. g o o d b y e :prideheart2: :prideheart2: :pride: :pride: :wavingflag: :wavingflag: :rainbow: :rainbow: :prideflag: :prideflag: :gayaf: :gayaf: :happytears: :happytears:
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

So uh this is interesting...
sonicgreen
woodland creature

i teared up at this :happytears:
eevee
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:04 pm So uh this is interesting...
I do think it's Phil's handwriting but I don't think it means he's at pride because someone would've spotted him...Dan either brought that from home or there's someone out there with strikingly similar handwriting

that insta story from dan HURTS ME in a good way i cry
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phil liking Dan's tweet almost immediately just hit me in a warm place too. I'm okay with Phil not being there - I do agree with everyone saying it makes much more sense that Dan is alone considering Dan is marching with a group he was invited to be with. It's also just really lovely to see Dan owning all of this and just basking in the celebration of it. But I'm also a predictable pile of mush with Phil showing support so quickly.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

As much as I wanted phil to be there it’s clear he just wasn’t. I can agree it does look like his hand writing, but who knows maybe some who can analysis hand writing could find the difference between the two?
phanfckingtastic
living flop
Pronouns: he/him

Going to put my Phil thoughts under spoiler to avoid raining on the parade with a not so positive take.

Happy pride London 🏳️‍🌈
Dan being there, great. Good for him. But that sign he’s holding is stupid, sorry. People are being killed. Rights being rolled back. It’s not all jokey and about yourself all the time, Howell. You’re almost 30 ffs.
Phil’s absence... yikes.
I don’t think Phil understands the world he lives in at all. People are done with vacuous celebrities. Does he intend to stay in entertainment avoiding mentions of anything that isn’t food animals or plants at all cost? Good luck with that in 2019, the year of the worldwide turmoil. And US elections next year? Ha!
Like, how detached can you get from defending your own rights and supporting your community, especially as a cis white (rich) gay? It’s not “controversial” or particularly “political”, it’s pretty basic stuff, it’s paying respect to people who gave their lives for your cushy lifestyle today.
Coming out to his audience after becoming a millionaire off teasing from the closet for a decade was nice & positive, but at this point the bare minimum.
Then not taking part in pride a few days later, while releasing merch in the meantime and profiting again off the wave of attention after coming out? a joke. People like Sam fucking Smith of insane international fame were there today. We gay men with a conscience simply have to do so. much. more. No excuses.
I can’t believe I used to like Phil so much. I think I was put under a spell, or something.
I will always be fond of their cute love story but if Phil wasn’t at pride at all and doesn’t even tweet an excuse or explanation I will be surprised if they make it as a couple another 2 or 3 years, and if he lasts that much as a public personality, too. All that influence and fame just to count money hiding away in your penthouse, keeping the output comfortably safe & lukewarm at all times? Meh.
Would be more than happy to be proven wrong. Until then, next!
eternal dan and phil mood -> :happytears:
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

The original tweet says this is at Macclesfield Pride, so unless Phil is quite far from home it isn’t him. It is very similar writing though lol!
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
autumnhearth
senpai

^ Oh wow thanks for that info
eevee
emo goose

madzilla84 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:27 pm The original tweet says this is at Macclesfield Pride, so unless Phil is quite far from home it isn’t him. It is very similar writing though lol!
lol whoops, fake news
onomatopoeia
squish

OK I FORGIVE HIM HE SUITS THAT SWEATER SO MUCH AHHHHHH
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

I AM FUCKING DEAD
:gayaf: