Dan & Phil Part 87: post coming out universe

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I just wonder why they didn’t release it at the same time as his other merch drop. Only thing I can think is that it somehow compliments Phil’s merch- maybe dan has a candle and that hoodie and they had to wait for some reason.
I don’t buy merch so I guess I’ll just enjoy the pictures and sideye dan’s taste when it drops tomorrow but I certainly wouldn’t complain if this was the last merch drop for awhile
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Give me some color, Dan, ugh :roll:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm Hm. Y'all know I love Capita£ester and his soulmate's merch empire, but I'm bored and broke and I'm gonna need more content and less merch asap.
I agree with that but I also have a gut feeling that Dan's six month wait on the video kinda but the brakes on a lot of pre-planned merch, and that's what we're seeing now. Dan's smart enough to know launching merch while he's not being active would not be a good idea but that probably fucked over the IRL profit margin for the first half of this year in a major way. I'm not surprised they're shuffling stuff out at a rapid pace right now.

Hopefully post-Vidcon-and-Vegas sees some video content to accompany it.
Ataraxia25
flower crown
Pronouns: they/them

starwatersong wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:39 pm Someone turned up the brightness on the merch photo.
Wow he's beautiful :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:
:gayaf:
angrymob
hobbit hair

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:32 am I dont know which otherworldly power to thank for this glory but I'm sorry nothing is topping this. Thank you very fucking much!!!! Good start to the vidcon/America 2019 deppy adventures!!!!!!

Actually, the only thing that can top it is a Jimmy reunion. But this is fucking brilliant!!!!!
This is heartwarming! John is the reason I started watching Phil and Phil is the reason I started watching Dan, so this is like 6 degrees of my life slowly being absorbed by Youtube. :lol:

Also, why is it that I've pretty much seen nothing of John in the last few years, but I can instantly hear his intro immediately upon seeing his face?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

dan heard us thirsting after phil and felt left out

EDIT: all this content, its overwhelming
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm gonna really need this content influx to culminate in a couples selfie pls it's all I thirst for.
cheekyc
squish

sonicgreen wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:06 pm dan heard us thirsting after phil and felt left out

EDIT: all this content, its overwhelming
Oooohh. Those knees. :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan:
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Wow, Dan still working the “omg exercise” angle ;) he looks so cute in that hoodie and either leggings under shorts or his flappy trousers, or a similar pair cos I’m not sure they’re that skinny at the ankle. I love the photo of them with John too, he’s so sweet. Also +1 for the butt view, well done, Dan.
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

Is anyone else tired of the constant merch drops?
It just feels unnecessary to me, especially when they’re barely putting out (YouTube) content. but whatever.
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm a bit side-eye at this extra merch too. People would have to pay a second lot of postage if they want any, so soon after his other lot and Phil's lot. I don't often buy merch so whatever, but :sideeye:

Thanks for the Instagram stories though guys. Gonna have to keep churning them out and get something with you both in to make it worth it :lol: :gayaf:
(And bring some kind of joint content back pleaseeeee)
apathy
sad dimple

Until proven wrong (always very likely), my current theory is that the underlying goal of this VidCon trip is to bring in new clients and expand the empire. Having more followers on the IRL Merch instagram wouldn't hurt their case - those eyeballs will see merch for other people posted too. Plus the recent website design, and the fact that they're randomly going to a convention at all when it seemed like they were done with them.

Not complaining even if that's the case, I'm glad to see them being smart and looking to build a long-term sustainable business.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I feel it would have been better for Dan to hold off with his merch and release it all after Phil's if it's going to be complimentary, as opposed to having two merch drops in such a short time. That, and they should seriously combine postage from both shops.

I'm always happy when they sell us stuff (I don't buy most because I'm broke AF). I want them to have lots of money :lol: buuut I do kinda wish they spaced out the merch more, or perhaps combined it. The thing is we still don't know what's coming in terms of future content, so this much merch all at once doesn't feel 100% right.

I would love some joint merch. And a joint selfie of them both without anyone else in the picture.
Ataraxia25
flower crown

stufflizloves
living flop

noodlebum wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm (And bring some kind of joint content back pleaseeeee)
technicallllllllly...dan gave us some premium [knee] joint content today lol

dad jokes sorry

but i hear you. i miss the gaming channel pretty much every day. someday, it will return to us and i will celebrate.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm overwhelmed by the activity today lol. We went from this shit every day for 6 months to a slow trickle down to almost nothing and BAM here we are again! I can't keep up lmao. I'm happy and watered but damn deppy
Ataraxia25
flower crown

:rainbowtears:
scientia
phabergé

I’m really happy to see both of them active online! LA really is a savior!

Has Dan posted a pic/IG story with Phil yet or is Phil still the only one posting joint stuff? Trying to catch up at work :P

EDIT: NVM I JUST SAW THE BOOTY STORY
Last edited by scientia on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Well. Alright then. I didn't sign up for multiple Phil ass shots courtesy of Dan today, but I guess that's what we're being served up. And I'm not gonna really complain.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I just wanted a nice picture of both of their faces and instead I get dan thirsting over the philussy.
Last edited by Amiaw on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Dan saw me complain about content so was like 'bitch my man's ass is the only content you need' and tbh he was right.

We're truly living in different times. :ASs: :ASs: :ASs:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
hownottodrive
smol bean

Us: Maybe the hiking stories will culminate in a nice photo of them together.

Dan: Anyway....... here’s Phil’s ass.

:lol: :tu:
000dia000
emo goose

I've learned not to expect any grand plan from them. They just dropped merch because it is the best clout time and want money. I do think they have some content planned, though not as a duo, more so as "individuals" collaborating. I'm going to keep my expectations low in the meantime.
:cactus:
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Ataraxia25 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:17 pm :rainbowtears:
DID YOU SEE WHAT IS WRITTEN ON THE FLOOR.
Look at it again.

dis bitch so extra i hate him.

also :rainbowtears: truly me today
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Seriously, Dan can't shut up about phil's ass and I'm here for it.