Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Here are my predictions for Phil's Q&A:
noodlebum
flower crown

Mentioning his freed forehead/lack of emo fringe has to be there!
glitterintheair
phillluminati

kavat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am Here are my predictions for Phil's Q&A:
LMAO I LOVE IT although I must say I can't even imagine Phil giving a vague answer about dapg. I have a feeling he will avoid the subject completely, in true Phil Lester style.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
autumnhearth
senpai

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:50 am
kavat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:34 am I really liked when Dan talked about how online friendships can be just as helpful if you don't have someone near you to talk to. I for example have a lot easier to communicate my feelings in writing than face to face to someone, because I can choose and change my wording to better get my feelings across.
This! For me it's that I'm shy, so it's difficult to make new friends face-to-face, to trust someone with my thoughts, but this kinda online detour strips that barrier down.

I wonder what that MySpace girl Dan chatted with thinks about him now. Sounds like she was really important to him at the time.
Him giving this example was so smart and relevant to his (everyone’s) audience. Online friendships have become really important to me as I’m not very social irl. I also think it was important that he normalized the temporary nature of it. We don’t need to have this goal of bffs and then feeling inadequate when we drift apart, being there for someone just for a season of their life is still really beneficial. Not giving Phil as an example kept everyone focused on the topic with no interruptions of awws, and didn’t present their “fairytale” story which some may think is a (perhaps unachievable) goal and focused on the small everyday important human connections.

I went to bed stupidly early last night, like just after watching the livestream (I couldn’t even keep my eyes open at the end which was fine because then I wasn’t annoyed by the chat. We get it, he doesn’t sit straight, stop asking where his leg is. And does every word have to be a meme?) It was a really good panel and I hope a transcript emerges, it was great to hear from multiple queer creators. And while I don’t think the things that were said really will help me with my mental health, it did help me understand the influencer’s struggle and I hope other creators benefit from it. Like as a fandom we had this conflicting narrative that 2012 was a horrible dark time (going as far as lots of fans thinking they broke up then) vs 2012 being this prolific era of content, never to be repeated again. And it turns out it was both. Dan forcing himself to churn out a solo video every week drove him to a breakdown. Even pushing out gaming videos as frequently as they did was taxing on him. I hope we can all be more sympathetic about that in the future.

Annywhoo going to go back read now, sorry if a lot of this has already been said.
phantoplankton
not a first-time poster

Long time lurker here! I've been watching dnp since 2011 and fully fell down the rabbit hole after watching the 'We're Moving Out' video in 2017! :love2:

In Dan's catboy insta post did anyone else think it looked like he was wearing eyeshadow?? Almost like a smokey eye? Or is it just the filter/lighting? Either way he's radiating confidence and it's wonderful to see!
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

phantoplankton wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am In Dan's catboy insta post did anyone else think it looked like he was wearing eyeshadow?? Almost like a smokey eye? Or is it just the filter/lighting? Either way he's radiating confidence and it's wonderful to see!
Welcome posting! It was the filter what did that. Though the eyeshadow thing reminds me of that time Dan wiped some dark cupcake icing around his eyes at the end of this vid

actualsoulmates
dank meme

phantoplankton wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am Long time lurker here! I've been watching dnp since 2011 and fully fell down the rabbit hole after watching the 'We're Moving Out' video in 2017! :love2:

In Dan's catboy insta post did anyone else think it looked like he was wearing eyeshadow?? Almost like a smokey eye? Or is it just the filter/lighting? Either way he's radiating confidence and it's wonderful to see!
The kitten filter on insta comes with eyeshadow and eyeliner, but it definitely made me yearn for Dan in full on proper makeup. The potential there is!

I'm really happy that D&P hung out with Saf and Tyler today. I absolutely adore Saf, partly because her videos are so creative and have that replay factor, partly because she's like the perfect mix of Dan and Phil's personalities. I'm praying to all the gods I can name for a collab before they trek to Nevada. :stan:

I wonder if Phil has the ability to veto questions for his Q&A tomorrow?
:prideheart2: once in twenty lifetimes :biheart:
noodlebum
flower crown

actualsoulmates wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 am
I wonder if Phil has the ability to veto questions for his Q&A tomorrow?
I'd say for sure, or at least his management team would.
kavat
pastel persona

glitterintheair wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 am
kavat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 am Here are my predictions for Phil's Q&A:
LMAO I LOVE IT although I must say I can't even imagine Phil giving a vague answer about dapg. I have a feeling he will avoid the subject completely, in true Phil Lester style.
That's very possible. I guess it depends on what type of questions that get asked. A lot of people were asking about the gaming channel in reply to that question tweet, but I guess there's a possibility of him making clear in advance that he doesn't want to talk about it.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:09 am Him and Phil are probably financially stable now, which is great
Maybe this was a joke (or maybe I missed someone addressing it in a longer post I skimmed), but because I know we have new folks around, seems like a good time to mention that they are literal millionaires.
GalaxyDarling

Edit: Never mind, Dan Howell limited net assets are over $3 million, so forget what I said
hintatty
drama llama

Why they haven't freaking bought a house yet is completely beyond me
emoji_pajamas
tol bean

Right?! But I feel like they have been looking for possibilities for awhile (like that fixer upper plan from way back) but their criteria just isn't being hit

Looking back on what they hated about their previous homes privacy and noise seem to be big but they probably also want some kind of separation between public/filming areas and private areas

I've never had to worry about real estate haha I moved directly from my parent's into a dorm but what do you guys think? Is it hard picking a house?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm Edit: Never mind, Dan Howell limited net assets are over $3 million, so forget what I said
Worth also keeping in mind that the assets listed across their companies don't take into account any potential private income, of which I presume there is plenty.

And as a couple, they have the added benefit of sharing most everything.

In conclusion, Dan & Phil:
:moneybath: :moneybath:
mathsniel
drama llama

emoji_pajamas wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 pm I've never had to worry about real estate haha I moved directly from my parent's into a dorm but what do you guys think? Is it hard picking a house?
I'm renting a house at the moment and making a decision on that was hard enough.

My 'rents looked at at least 2 dozen houses before they settled on their house, and they had far less to consider than the boys. Yeah it's tough - especially when you're looking for a forever home, like Dan n Phil.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooh, bingo time!! Here's mine:

stufflizloves
living flop

mathsniel wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm
emoji_pajamas wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 pm I've never had to worry about real estate haha I moved directly from my parent's into a dorm but what do you guys think? Is it hard picking a house?
I'm renting a house at the moment and making a decision on that was hard enough.

My 'rents looked at at least 2 dozen houses before they settled on their house, and they had far less to consider than the boys. Yeah it's tough - especially when you're looking for a forever home, like Dan n Phil.
just to jump into the forever home discussion, i know phantom has collectively been using the term “home” because d&p said that in the new apartment live show HOWEVER, [potentially polarizing opinion incoming] i think of “home” as somewhat a loose term, not necessarily a “house.” i guess i just have a hard time seeing d&p settling out of the city? suppose i don’t have a lot of context being a dumb american...are there “houses” in London? i just think the area being so metro, with flats and apartments. i’ve always interpreted “home” to be “penthouse” or “townhouse” aka, something they own but not necessarily a free standing house on a plot of land. but again, London is a giant city, i’m sure that exists somewhere in it??

i don’t know if any of this was a cohesive thought..but i do love speculating on moving! so much fun when you’ve got that dosh.
onemoresock
drama llama
Pronouns: she/they/he

The fact that they're still renting in London lowkey stresses me out every time I think about it :lol: Get that forever home, boys (or at least invest in some property pls i beg). (I know, it's really none of my business how they spend their money but... pls)

I'm both excited and trepidatious for Phil's panel today. I feel like... I don't even know what to expect from him. The prospect of Phil legitimately doing a solo live Q&A is so wild to me. I hope in and around the 12 pancake mentions, he manages to give us some update on what we can expect content-wise going forward, at least just a little bit, but I'm not holding my breath. i feel like we may continue to float around in this magical, beautiful and gay but joint-content-less limbo for a while longer yet while the dust settles in the aftermath of June.

...Although part of me is really sort of enjoying this new 'anything goes, expect the unexpected' vibe of mid-2019. I guess it's still nice to just bask in the reality of dan and phil being out :rainbowtears:
*blows kiss* for dop and pop
GalaxyDarling

rizzo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 pm In conclusion, Dan & Phil:
I imagine they spend most money on fast food. Pizza every day :ourmoney: Premium nuggs
TuxedoSam
spork

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:55 pm
rizzo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:15 pm In conclusion, Dan & Phil:
I imagine they spend most money on fast food. Pizza every day :ourmoney: Premium nuggs
I'm sorry if you already said it or don't want to talk about it but i'm curious, how old are you ?

And yeah, all money on fast food, that's why they can't buy a house :(
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Cristine please give our Danny boy the black holo manicure he deserves. #freespon for Holo Taco. c'mon you know you want to. ;)

Love to see them out and about as always, and with such a nice group of people.

Excited for Phil later!!!
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Cristine should definitely take the opportunity and get Dan some holo. Hell, maybe even glitter king Phil would wear it.
stufflizloves wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:51 pm
mathsniel wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:18 pm

just to jump into the forever home discussion, i know phantom has collectively been using the term “home” because d&p said that in the new apartment live show HOWEVER, [potentially polarizing opinion incoming] i think of “home” as somewhat a loose term, not necessarily a “house.” i guess i just have a hard time seeing d&p settling out of the city? suppose i don’t have a lot of context being a dumb american...are there “houses” in London? i just think the area being so metro, with flats and apartments. i’ve always interpreted “home” to be “penthouse” or “townhouse” aka, something they own but not necessarily a free standing house on a plot of land. but again, London is a giant city, i’m sure that exists somewhere in it??

i don’t know if any of this was a cohesive thought..but i do love speculating on moving! so much fun when you’ve got that dosh.
Not gonna speak on the London housing market, but I think that a free standing building on a plot of land is a very American definition of what a house is in general.

Most of Europe simply does not have that kinda space and land is often more expensive. The large majority of houses in my country (even the suburb hell city where I live) are terraced houses and free standing houses are usually more expensive and rare compared to terraced houses. As a kid that's how you knew the classmate you were going home with after school was rich. That said, a terraced house in London is probably gonna be more expensive than a free standing house in any suburb town.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
GalaxyDarling

TuxedoSam wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 pm And yeah, all money on fast food, that's why they can't buy a house :(
How did you read that from what I said? They do spend a certain amount of money on whatever, and from that spent amount a signification portion could be on food, maybe some five-digit figure a year even. That would still leave about 95% of their money for other uses. Anyhow, I'm in my mid 20s, thanks for your concern.
TuxedoSam
spork

GalaxyDarling wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 pm
TuxedoSam wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 pm And yeah, all money on fast food, that's why they can't buy a house :(
How did you read that from what I said? They do spend a certain amount of money on whatever, and from that spent amount a signification portion could be on food, maybe some five-digit figure a year even. That would still leave about 95% of their money for other uses. Anyhow, I'm in my mid 20s, thanks for your concern.
That was a joke, sorry to have offenced you :shock:
GalaxyDarling

TuxedoSam wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 pm That was a joke, sorry to have offenced you :shock:
It's fine, I'm laughing. I'm just a bit dramatic :3