Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Can someone explain me the "t" story? I really don't get it :D
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Amiaw wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:09 pm So Anthony just posted a story tagged as road trip 2019....wonder if he’s meeting up with dnp
Huh... is it at all likely that they're all on this road trip then? The scenery in his story is very similar, but I don't think they're that close friends... right?
Phanshy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:20 pm I actually resorted to cutting and pasting a photo of them together from the group selfie.
:rainbowtears:
A very good substitute :ribena: Can we get the real thing now plzzzz
cheekyc
squish

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm Can someone explain me the "t" story? I really don't get it :D
He was completing the popular phrase “yeet”, lol
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
hello9217
flower crown

Idk if he’s joining them in vegas but I really don’t think he left with them yesterday bc it just seems weird that he would post now. Also I can assure you that just because the scenery looks similar it doesn’t mean much. I live in Texas and I could find an area that looks just like that. I just find it odd bc I don’t think Martyn and cornelia are that great friends with him, let alone dnp.
sorryimnotclever
squish

LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:49 pm Can someone explain me the "t" story? I really don't get it :D
The line is usually "yee, and I cannot stress this enough, haw" (yeehaw) but dan made it "yee, and I cannot stress this enough t" (yeet)
go into
the night freely

and flourish
my child
cheekyc
squish

sorryimnotclever wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm
The line is usually "yee, and I cannot stress this enough, haw" (yeehaw) but dan made it "yee, and I cannot stress this enough t" (yeet)
Yee, and I cannot stress this enough, ikes.
Phanshy
cheeky #spon

Huh... is it at all likely that they're all on this road trip then? The scenery in his story is very similar, but I don't think they're that close friends... right?

Back in the day they spent time together around cons so I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they seemed pretty friendly in vlogs.

I know this sounds awful but I hope if they're on the road trip together they don't collab or even do a Insta story together. I can't bare watching Anthony at all and when he and Dan are together I feel so much second-hand embarrassment when Dan's fanboying over him, I find it so painful.
eevee
emo goose

SO MUCH CONTENT!!!! I'm living.

Highkey want to write Vidcon a letter about how terrible that interviewer was - insulting a youtuber's fanbase like that just should not be tolerated at a youtube convention, like seriously.
It looks like this is the second vidcon after it was sold to viacom so i wonder if viacom had something to do with this interviewer's selection. i was wondering if vidcon was going to change at all after it was sold and i hope this isn't it. that being said charlieissocoollike being there is a big sign that the vlogbrothers still have big influence over it so who knows.

Daniel at the night of awesome - I liked the marathon story...but Daniel's self-deprecating humor is just making me sad at this point. i know he does it to cope, but I don't find it funny to laugh at him. He's been through so much. I want him to be happy and love himself.

excited for vegas insta stories!!!
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
Snowboy
smol bean
Pronouns: he/his

Imagine: D&P have been playing some sort of long game and are going to release footage of this Vegas trip edited together with the original Vegas Video from back in like, 2012 or whenever.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Snowboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm Imagine: D&P have been playing some sort of long game and are going to release footage of this Vegas trip edited together with the original Vegas Video from back in like, 2012 or whenever.
That would be so cool! If only!
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
cheekyc
squish

Snowboy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm Imagine: D&P have been playing some sort of long game and are going to release footage of this Vegas trip edited together with the original Vegas Video from back in like, 2012 or whenever.
That’s the dream!! Sadly, I really don’t see that happening :(
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Susanisnotafish wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:56 pm
That would be so cool! If only!
I don't know if this will help us cope with our disappointment or if it'll just make us even sadder but I found this IG story yesterday and I can't stop watching it because it's so damn cute. "Horrible boy" :rofl:
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

I totally thought about this last night while falling asleep. Have thinking about it, half dreaming. They start with them vlogging in current Vegas and then it just cuts to the old footage, all cute and tiny looking and I want to die it would be so cool :happytears:

My personal motto with them is keep hopes high but expectations low. Helps keep my balanced
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

sorryimnotclever wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm
Thanks! I know about Yee(t) but hadn't heard that line before.

I wonder how long their trip is. How long have their previous Vegas stays been?
scientia
phabergé

Phanshy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 pm Huh... is it at all likely that they're all on this road trip then? The scenery in his story is very similar, but I don't think they're that close friends... right?

Back in the day they spent time together around cons so I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they seemed pretty friendly in vlogs.

I know this sounds awful but I hope if they're on the road trip together they don't collab or even do a Insta story together. I can't bare watching Anthony at all and when he and Dan are together I feel so much second-hand embarrassment when Dan's fanboying over him, I find it so painful.

100% same. Even back when I sort of liked Anthony, I would not have wanted a group trip vlog or collab :?
knq
lava lamp

Link because Dan's IG story hasn't been posted to twitter yet: https://www.forbes.com/sites/masonsands ... on-youtube

I haven't finished reading this, but I feel the need to acknowledge that in their article, Forbes cited Dan's formspring answer as a source.

We live in unusual times.

Based on the first few paragraphs/skim though, I'm so pleased to see Dan's video and the messages it conveys being reported on and analyzed so thoughtfully. :prideheart2: :love2: :prideheart2:
cheekyc
squish

GalaxyDarling wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:16 pm Idk if this is the right place to ask, but would anyone happen to have the privated/deleted Dan's Truth or Dare 2 video? I keep seeing that moment of Phil touching Dan's leg/thigh in fan-made videos, but I would like to see the original :oops:
You could try the Drug Deal, there’s probably a copy there.
cheekyc
squish

knq wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:29 pm Link because Dan's IG story hasn't been posted to twitter yet: https://www.forbes.com/sites/masonsands ... on-youtube

I haven't finished reading this, but I feel the need to acknowledge that in their article, Forbes cited Dan's formspring answer as a source.

This timeline gets stranger every day. Although, stranger things have happened.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I will never stop feeling so proud of Dan wow :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears: :rainbowtears:
hintatty
drama llama

knq wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:29 pm Link because Dan's IG story hasn't been posted to twitter yet: https://www.forbes.com/sites/masonsands ... on-youtube

Based on the first few paragraphs/skim though, I'm so pleased to see Dan's video and the messages it conveys being reported on and analyzed so thoughtfully. :prideheart2: :love2: :prideheart2:
holy shit, genuinely thought my computer bugged out when i clicked that link and it went to formspring. so confusing. not entirely sure what the point they were trying to make there was :|
spaceguitar
ar·tic·u·late

aliceness wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:48 pm

holy shit, genuinely thought my computer bugged out when i clicked that link and it went to formspring. so confusing. not entirely sure what the point they were trying to make there was :|
Very funny that they would cite formspring. If I had to guess, I would say what they were getting at was that Dan was not actually 'in' the closet. AKA, he had implied that he was non-straight before, and then later made this 'coming out' video which transcended the simple purpose of coming out.
I would argue though that this ignores Dan's complicated past with his online presence as he actually was kind of in the closet, at least in the intermittent time between that formspring answer and BIG. For him the video was both a traditional coming out video, and an exploration of modern homophobia/gay trauma. The author probably simply does not know all of the facts though.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Slightly off topic, I've failed as a super sleuth. I don't know how the folks on this site track down DnP travel info so well, but I'm clearly not on their level. I just spent a good 30 minutes looking at airbnb listings near Joshua Tree and Pioneertown (where they took all those old west photos today) looking for that creepy cow skull, and I came up empty. There were 100s of listings of homes featuring eclectic art and cow skulls, but not at that particular one. I suppose it should be a relief that I'm the world's worst stalker. Ah well, I felt like I had to share my complete failure with the board.

Best of luck to all the real sleuths out there! You have my utmost respect!
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
eevee
emo goose

sapienveneficus wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 am Slightly off topic, I've failed as a super sleuth. I don't know how the folks on this site track down DnP travel info so well, but I'm clearly not on their level. I just spent a good 30 minutes looking at airbnb listings near Joshua Tree and Pioneertown (where they took all those old west photos today) looking for that creepy cow skull, and I came up empty. There were 100s of listings of homes featuring eclectic art and cow skulls, but not at that particular one. I suppose it should be a relief that I'm the world's worst stalker. Ah well, I felt like I had to share my complete failure with the board.

LOL damn, 30 minutes!? I thought it was impressive that someone knew they were in Joshua Tree. Honestly I think we're better off looking for their airBnBs after we know they aren't staying in them anymore. We wouldn't want to post the address and get them flooded with fans who live close by staking them out. It is interesting to see their taste in airbnbs and i'd be interested to know, but not until they are no longer staying there :)
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

eevee wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:06 am
sapienveneficus wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 am Slightly off topic, I've failed as a super sleuth. I don't know how the folks on this site track down DnP travel info so well, but I'm clearly not on their level. I just spent a good 30 minutes looking at airbnb listings near Joshua Tree and Pioneertown (where they took all those old west photos today) looking for that creepy cow skull, and I came up empty. There were 100s of listings of homes featuring eclectic art and cow skulls, but not at that particular one. I suppose it should be a relief that I'm the world's worst stalker. Ah well, I felt like I had to share my complete failure with the board.

LOL damn, 30 minutes!? I thought it was impressive that someone knew they were in Joshua Tree. Honestly I think we're better off looking for their airBnBs after we know they aren't staying in them anymore. We wouldn't want to post the address and get them flooded with fans who live close by staking them out. It is interesting to see their taste in airbnbs and i'd be interested to know, but not until they are no longer staying there :)
Absolutely! I'd never post info like that; I was just curious. And, I know, curiosity and the cat and whatnot. I suppose that loss of time is what I get for my curiosity. That and the knowledge that there are some sweet (and reasonably priced) airbnbs out by Joshua Tree. I took note of a few for future reference.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
autumnhearth
senpai

Same, sapien, same. And yep eevee that’s in the forum rules.

Can anyone explain Dan using the gif of him somersaulting away in the context of the Forbes article quote?