Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
cheekyc
squish
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am Same, sapien, same. And yep eevee that’s in the forum rules.

Can anyone explain Dan using the gif of him somersaulting away in the context of the Forbes article quote?
I guess he’s just yeeting himself into oblivion.
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I've been watching a bunch of gaming videos, and it's still so hilarious how offended Phil gets that Dan said he would taste like salt and vinegar spoiled milk in the Truth Bombs video. And Hazel being all "I'm shocked by these revelations" lmao same Hazel same
icedcoffeestan
phillion/danosaur <//3

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am Can anyone explain Dan using the gif of him somersaulting away in the context of the Forbes article quote?
The quote from the article that he included in his story was about how his sexuality was used as a weapon against him - hence him putting the word gay on the missile. So I'm pretty sure the gif of him was less meant to be seen in the original context of him somersaulting and more meant to be read as him reacting to and being affected by being attacked in that way.

(I also think he included that gif because he wanted to share that article about his coming out video that he was really proud of but he felt like he needed to be a little funny in order to do that.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am
Can anyone explain Dan using the gif of him somersaulting away in the context of the Forbes article quote?
I wouldn't read too much into the gif tbh. I'm sure it means something like "wow shit wtf this life is weird" but it's also literally the only gif of Dan that comes up in insta gif search so :shrug: (I may be wrong about that, but that's how it is in Canada, and I've looked a lot and tried a lot of different combos lol)
whostolemyleftshoe
smol bean

https://teneightymagazine.com/2015/02/2 ... -closeted/

Found this on tumblr. They interviewed a closeted British youtuber in 2015 who chose to remain anonymous and what he said matches what Phil has said. Thoughts?
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

whostolemyleftshoe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 am https://teneightymagazine.com/2015/02/2 ... -closeted/

Found this on tumblr. They interviewed a closeted British youtuber in 2015 who chose to remain anonymous and what he said matches what Phil has said. Thoughts?
While it does potentially fit, personally I can't imagine Dan or Phil taking part of this even if it's anonymous. I feel like they know their fanbase is more hyper aware of these things and something like this could still be a risk to their privacy.
CubeZ_ZOlO
tol bean
Pronouns: He/Him

cheekyc wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:51 am
autumnhearth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 am Same, sapien, same. And yep eevee that’s in the forum rules.

I guess he’s just yeeting himself into oblivion.
he's yeeted into the void. :garbage:
:prideheart2: Memories turn into daydreams. Become a taboo :prideheart2:

whostolemyleftshoe
smol bean

livoy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:40 am
whostolemyleftshoe wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 am https://teneightymagazine.com/2015/02/2 ... -closeted/

While it does potentially fit, personally I can't imagine Dan or Phil taking part of this even if it's anonymous. I feel like they know their fanbase is more hyper aware of these things and something like this could still be a risk to their privacy.
Nvm. It ws apparently confirmed to be Jimmy. Also, Phil did kind of pretend to like girls a few times in the past.
starwatersong
phabergé

What a difference a couple of months makes... other than the boys, who could have envisioned this blessed timeline?
hintatty
drama llama

It's absolutely insane going back and reading the FAQ thread about "2012 Dan". It's almost impossible to reconcile with reality, in a way? I started watching them both just before that all kicked off, and despite all that, I remember just kind of being confused by it all... poor Dan, Poor Phil :( What an intensely shitty time it must have been for them both
hintatty
drama llama

my search history suggests I have been low-key waiting for Dan to come out for a very long time (yikes) but I apparently read this article several years ago and I had TOTALLY forgotten about it:

GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

is this the only time Dan has been seen with facial hair?

btw, how do you resize a picture in the BBcode?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that top/bottom tweet, Dan does manage to belabour explaining it especially since he then ends with “but go off anyway cos it’s that funny”. What gets me is my first thought on seeing that clip again now is “wow, he looks young, this is from before I got into them” and realising it isn’t at all, I saw it live in 2016 or whenever, but the fringe is so old now and he always looked younger to me in live shows (cos he’s being that much more real). Poor boy always trying so hard to be understood.
mathsniel
drama llama

GalaxyDarling wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am is this the only time Dan has been seen with facial hair?
There's quite a few photos where Dan has stubble scattered around but it tends to be very mild. This photo is the best one I could think of for Dan with facial hair.
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Thanks mathsniel. Daddy Dan :stan:
jesp
why bother

GalaxyDarling wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 am <snip>
btw, how do you resize a picture in the BBcode?
We don't have any native solutions for resizing images I'm afraid. You'll need to use an external method of resizing an image or hide the image in spoiler tags if you feel the image is large.
autumnhearth
senpai

Thanks for the interpretations. Speaking of teneighty I finally found the article where they covered BIG. It’s the exact opposite of WeTheUnicorns, no mention of Phil.

https://teneightymagazine.com/2019/06/2 ... ly-im-gay/

However Phil did make the top of the weekly roundup:

https://teneightymagazine.com/2019/07/0 ... june-2019/
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm guessing that the lack of updates means they either took a chill day yesterday, or they're still there and are just waiting to hit a new location before they give us any detailed shots to try and avoid those ~chance fan encounters that tend to happen when people know what area they're in?
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I just remembered that Cornelia and martyn stayed in Joshua Tree in 2017 and posted pictures on their Instagram so I’m wondering if they are staying there for a few days and then going to Vegas
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Just watching Basically I'm Gay again, as you do, and I feel like a new line stands out to me every time I watch it.

"It didn't matter if I was living the life privately, as there was still so much confusion about my feelings and fears." (29:58)

Just him acknowledging that he's been living his life as a queer/gay man... it just fills me with a lot of feelings. That's such a strong closeted vibe, knowing that your whole life is one thing but that you still have to project that your life isn't That Thing. It also says a lot to me about his relationship with Phil and how that's a foundation of everything he does and how that co-existed alongside his fear of labels.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Excuse me dizzy i didn't come here to cry this early in the day. But yes I really understand Dan so much more when he assigned all these words to these feelings i'm familiar with.
jesp
why bother

We've updated our rules! Check out this post over in About This Forum to read a brief explanation, look through the new rules, or ask us questions.
phandemonium
drama llama

Hi. First time poster here. I've been watching Dan and Phil since mid-2016 and lurking this forum for years but I'm only now finding the courage to post.

I've been binging old videos today, lying on the floor and laughing to myself. I crave new content so badly. I managed to get through the quiet months, the age of Phildom, without much trouble but ever since the boys' coming out videos, I've been wanting to see something new from them. I don't even expect any radical change in how they make their content, I just badly want to watch a video made in the post coming out universe. Preferably a joint one, but I'd be happy with anything at all. Though with them on a road trip I expect it'll be at least a week or two yet before they (or either of them) post anything. Unless Phil, our lord and savior, prefilmed something.

What do you think the first video in the post-coming out universe will be?

(I'd give a kidney for a return of a joint channel.)
knq
lava lamp

phandemonium wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:04 pm Hi. First time poster here. I've been watching Dan and Phil since mid-2016 and lurking this forum for years but I'm only now finding the courage to post.

I've been binging old videos today, lying on the floor and laughing to myself. I crave new content so badly. I managed to get through the quiet months, the age of Phildom, without much trouble but ever since the boys' coming out videos, I've been wanting to see something new from them. I don't even expect any radical change in how they make their content, I just badly want to watch a video made in the post coming out universe. Preferably a joint one, but I'd be happy with anything at all. Though with them on a road trip I expect it'll be at least a week or two yet before they (or either of them) post anything. Unless Phil, our lord and savior, prefilmed something.

What do you think the first video in the post-coming out universe will be?

(I'd give a kidney for a return of a joint channel.)
Welcome! And great question. Which I now realize I have no idea how to answer.

They could be planning on filming something in Nevada or waiting until they're back home. It seems pointless to try and predict Dan and Phil's plans in the post-coming out universe (though everyone who made bingo cards for Phil's Q&A did really well.)

I think whatever the next AP is, Phil will either include some element of channel membership participation in it, or he'll close down the channel memberships. I don't expect videos from Dan for awhile (well, ok, I've never expected a video from Dan) as last year he talked a lot about the 'album cycle' and BIG in addition to his stage comedy at Vidcon seems very album-y to me. Having said that, he'll probably upload something in 10 minutes just because. It's all a big question mark, but I kind of love it. :prideflag:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

I think the first video from Phil will feel...exactly like everything else Phil has put out this year (other than Coming out to You). Funny, a little bit weird, and a bit of a throw away - not something I'll eagerly rewatch but really do enjoy and laugh at when I watch them the first time.

I'm truly disappointed it sounds like we're not getting collabs out of Vidcon, and I think without the "collab" shield, joint content will take awhile to truly get worked out and we'll be waiting for a bit.

I'd be blown away if they vlog much of the desert/vegas trip because...well, they don't do a lot of vlogging, especially travel vlogs.

Dan - who knows. I suspect he has a plan for what he wants to upload next, but he's second-guessing it a bunch, and waffling, and we may have to wait for his ideas to finish baking in the waffle iron for a month or two. I suspect it might be something like "The Memeing of Life" but gayer - has a deep point to it for Dan, but the audience kinda struggled to figure out what the point is.

But as KNQ said - WHO KNOWS at this point? The post-coming out universe has me constantly surprised.