Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Ablissa
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

This is hilarious. I hope Phil will see this.
On another note, we truly live in a golden era. Can you imagine the phandom getting anything to trend before they came back from hiatus? It's so nice to see everyone so active again.
autumnhearth
senpai

Simon’s death was pretty extra, but they weren’t big enough for it to trend back then. The Phandom Menace! I doubt any YouTubers will be recording their condolences though. Was Tony mentioned in an AP vid? If he was it was only a clip yeah? He had no proper introduction. I’m laughing that 23 year old Phil, living on his own, actually asked his parents for a hamster and they gave him triops dust. Will 2020 be the year Dan let’s Phil have a hamster? I’ve resigned myself to them not getting a dog for at least a couple years, until they know what future projects they might take on.
knq
lava lamp

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:29 am Simon’s death was pretty extra, but they weren’t big enough for it to trend back then. The Phandom Menace! I doubt any YouTubers will be recording their condolences though. Was Tony mentioned in an AP vid? If he was it was only a clip yeah? He had no proper introduction. I’m laughing that 23 year old Phil, living on his own, actually asked his parents for a hamster and they gave him triops dust. Will 2020 be the year Dan let’s Phil have a hamster? I’ve resigned myself to them not getting a dog for at least a couple years, until they know what future projects they might take on.
I remember one early liveshow where Phil was considering adopting rats/mice right after they moved to London and Dan liked the idea. But then I don’t think he’s expressed positive feelings about pets other than their someday-dog since. I got the sense from dan’s Extra childhood hamster escape story and some other comments he’s made that he feels bad for animals in enclosures. I’ll bet you they go straight from triop to dog, whenever that happens.
phandemonium
drama llama

I've just got The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire so Dan's aversion to getting a hamster is fresh on my mind (there's a whole chapter on it). I took think they'll next baby, I mean pet, will be a dog but I think the forever home will come first. Az much as I want to see them with a dog, I'm happy that whenever they mention it, they are very responsible about it. It's clear they realize a dog is a huge commitment and not a toy. (Though I'm not sure the breeds they're attached to are the most suitable for them... Fingers crossed for a rescue dog, to be honest.)
thatspecificboob
smol bean

Catallena wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:35 am
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:25 am Can't believe #riptony is actually trending on twitter right now. I saw people mentioning it and figured it was probably a personalized trend, but nope.
I love it, it's been a while since the phandom has been able to confuse the hell out of unenlightened people. :ribena:
This is hilarious, especially as I would have been one of those confused people up to about 2 months ago!

I also love the variety of Tonys that we've accidentally made people fear for in addition to Stark, and then the indignant exclamations of "WTF Tony's a fish???" :rofl:
kavat
pastel persona

I thought we were past the beard edits but Hector couldn't let it rest
glitterintheair
phillluminati

Why are beard edits still a thing? They're so cursed, every single one of them. I HATE THEM WITH PASSION

Also am I the only one who thinks that Tony died before they went to Vidcon? Lmao
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

I love Hector but like glitterintheair, I hate those beard edits so much. Why do people keep making them. Why do people personally hate me and subject me to them. :lol:
Phil's actual "beard" looked 100000% better than any beard edit.

By the way, we've got our next Phandom Watch this Saturday! Come join us (and reblog/retweetit if you can!)
Last edited by jesp on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed links
eevee
emo goose

That Dan selfie is truly blessed
glitterintheair wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 am Why are beard edits still a thing? They're so cursed, every single one of them. I HATE THEM WITH PASSION

Also am I the only one who thinks that Tony died before they went to Vidcon? Lmao
I agree I'm not into the beard edits!!

I think Tony died while they were away at Vidcon personally...is a triop really worth hiring a babysitter for?
Phil looks like he went to sleep at 6 AM and is dying inside, Dan glows like he spent the night having orgasms - Ticia
icedcoffeestan
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm not 100% sure how to embed things so I won't try but god, I really love the insta story Dan posted this morning about purposefully choosing queer composers for the musical accompaniment of his video. I'm still so genuinely impressed by all of the care and consideration he put into making it. I remember when the video first came out, there was some analysis of how the song meanings connected to the messages of each chapter of his story but seeing he took this extra, extra step is wonderful.

Also yes give me more BIG director's notes, please.
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Fun fact: if you start digging, you will find that many many many composers were actually queer.
I think it's Tchaikovsky's wikipedia page that has a part that is dedicated to his love letters to a man.
And they mention that his brother was gay as well.
I love how many geniuses were actually queer and made incredible pieces of art that we praise :wavingflag:
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
noodlebum
flower crown

:prideheart2:
formlessblobsunite
drama llama

I was blown away by that video after it came out (ha) and this has thrown me right back in there. I mean, I'm not surprised at all that Dan made this choice - every other facet of that video was so carefully crafted, why wouldn't the music be - but the attention to detail still floors me. I was honestly so stuck on his words that I barely noticed the music, but what a nice touch. and he's so right about this, too - I did 8 years of music school, including music history, back in the day and gayness never came up for any composer we discussed. or for any other historical figure, unless it was a Plot Point™ that we absolutely needed to know. so applause to Dan for all the little bits of reclamation there <3
:rainbowtears:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

icedcoffeestan wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:30 pm Also yes give me more BIG director's notes, please.
Yes, this. While I'd love a making of, I'm also happy if he just fills his social media activity with tidbits about the filming. And as an added benefit to him: I can already tell I'm gonna wanna go rewatch the video in full every time he does that.
stufflizloves
living flop

Anyone else been keeping an eye on the view count of BIG? I know this video especially is less about numbers and more about impact and reach, but selfishly I would like to see it hit 10 mil. It’s such a work of art and I love that Dan is so proud of it (he fucking should be.)

Would 10 mil make it Dans most viewed video ever? I wasn’t sure off the top of my head...
masterofgeometry
squish

stufflizloves wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:17 pm Anyone else been keeping an eye on the view count of BIG? I know this video especially is less about numbers and more about impact and reach, but selfishly I would like to see it hit 10 mil. It’s such a work of art and I love that Dan is so proud of it (he fucking should be.)

Would 10 mil make it Dans most viewed video ever? I wasn’t sure off the top of my head...
His current top video is the Photo Booth challenge with 16m views. I'd love to see BIG get to 10mil though.
Current Rankings:
noodlebum
flower crown

Surprised at some of those being his top viewed videos! Not sure I've actually watched the 2nd or 3rd ones...
masterofgeometry
squish

noodlebum wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm Surprised at some of those being his top viewed videos! Not sure I've actually watched the 2nd or 3rd ones...
Me too, I'm certain I've probably watched them as a baby phannie but I don't think I could possibly bring myself to watch them without cringing internally.
noodlebum
flower crown

masterofgeometry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm
noodlebum wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm Surprised at some of those being his top viewed videos! Not sure I've actually watched the 2nd or 3rd ones...
Me too, I'm certain I've probably watched them as a baby phannie but I don't think I could possibly bring myself to watch them without cringing internally.
Whereas the photobooth challenge is always worth a watch when it crops up :P
masterofgeometry
squish

noodlebum wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 pm
masterofgeometry wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:28 pm
Whereas the photobooth challenge is always worth a watch when it crops up :P
Photobooth challenge is comedy gold and def deserves its top spot :stan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The Jack's Gap one always surprises me because I forget it exists. But man, those twins were like top tier youtubers back in that era so I'm not surprised their fans got the video that viewed. (And Dan's too, but definitely... more theirs, I think.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Interesting twitter follow from Phil 👀👀
phandemonium
drama llama

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting twitter follow from Phil 👀👀
Is my Dan and Phil get a rescue dog about to come true? :o
masterofgeometry
squish

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:46 pm Interesting twitter follow from Phil 👀👀
👀 👀 Adds this to my DnP adopting a rescue pipe dream