Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Breadcrumbs, breadcrumbs, bready bready breadcrumbs. Don’t suppose they’ll show us much of the new place, whenever it happens, which is annoying cos the possibility of architects being involved has got me curious.

So glad to be at the top of the page with another insightful post ;)
stufflizloves
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

*performs the sign of the cross*

I get excited about this kind of stuff just as much as everyone (CHRIST, i want all the happiness in the world for them) but i also really love managing my expectations! i hope everyone isn’t burning things to the ground if they don’t have a dog and a white picket fence in two weeks! because our timeline right now is the BEST ONE. happiness is happening right. now!

(also, this might be an unpopular opinion but i think the safest thing for people with as much influence as they do when getting a new pet is to keep it to themselves for a bit, honestly. sometimes pets aren’t the right fit—and that can be a PR nightmare. i can think specifically of both Hannah Hart & Cat having to make videos about rehoming their dogs because they didn’t work for their lifestyle. I remember there being quite a bit of backlash, perhaps not without reason!, for an already painful situation. it makes me think of the part of BIG where Dan says he wants the ability to completely fuck up and not have to release a public apology about it. they are smart boys who do their homework. i’m sure they will have thought through whatever decision they do make.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

TBH I like the speculation and it’s kind of fun to imagine them getting a dog and an amazing house but right now I feel like it’s just that-something fun to entertain ourselves with. I don’t really expect a dog or home anytime soon and it’s hard to anticipate anything from them because they’ve been so unpredictable. It’s just nice to have that excitement back
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Somewhat related: did KickthePJ get a doggo because one has been popping up on his instagram but I haven't yet seen any like "I have a doggo" announcement?

I sincerely doubt that deppy's dog is hanging out with PJ already but nothing this phandom loves more than an overly complicated conspiracy :sherlock:
knq
lava lamp

stufflizloves wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 pm
*performs the sign of the cross*

I get excited about this kind of stuff just as much as everyone (CHRIST, i want all the happiness in the world for them) but i also really love managing my expectations! i hope everyone isn’t burning things to the ground if they don’t have a dog and a white picket fence in two weeks! because our timeline right now is the BEST ONE. happiness is happening right. now!
(also, this might be an unpopular opinion but i think the safest thing for people with as much influence as they do when getting a new pet is to keep it to themselves for a bit, honestly. sometimes pets aren’t the right fit—and that can be a PR nightmare. i can think specifically of both Hannah Hart & Cat having to make videos about rehoming their dogs because they didn’t work for their lifestyle. I remember there being quite a bit of backlash, perhaps not without reason!, for an already painful situation. it makes me think of the part of BIG where Dan says he wants the ability to completely fuck up and not have to release a public apology about it. they are smart boys who do their homework. i’m sure they will have thought through whatever decision they do make.)
You probably have a point there. You just reminded me of Jenna adopting some fish, everyone in the comments overwhelming her with everything she was doing wrong for the fish, and her next video being about returning the fish to the store.

I hope Dan and Phil are prepared for unsolicited advice on the same level that Phil’s brain scans received, because pets just inspire that in people, myself included.
autumnhearth
senpai

^ I would guess it’s PJ’s parents but don’t have the motivation to check his videos to see if the area of the door and stairs in his photos match their home.

I think Dan and Phil have said something in the last year about preferring to create something rather than just host, but I would love if they did little (online) segments for a dog show. It could bring in a new demographic for the Kennel Club.
kavat
pastel persona

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:22 pm Somewhat related: did KickthePJ get a doggo because one has been popping up on his instagram but I haven't yet seen any like "I have a doggo" announcement?

I sincerely doubt that deppy's dog is hanging out with PJ already but nothing this phandom loves more than an overly complicated conspiracy :sherlock:
I think it's either his parents' or Sophie's parents' dog, it's been around every now and then for a while now.

Love the speculations of dog and a house. What a golden opportunity to bring back this wonderful liveshow moment (minus "or maybe it will be an ugly mongrel that we adopt"):
AltMay
glabella

Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 pm TBH I like the speculation and it’s kind of fun to imagine them getting a dog and an amazing house but right now I feel like it’s just that-something fun to entertain ourselves with. I don’t really expect a dog or home anytime soon and it’s hard to anticipate anything from them because they’ve been so unpredictable. It’s just nice to have that excitement back
+1
This is how i feel too. I love to read all the theories and see people freak out and as long as it's respectful of their privacy i really enjoy the excitement. But i don't honestly expect them to be real asap or ever, just having fun pretendig they are :P

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
phandemonium
drama llama

AltMay wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:41 pm
Amiaw wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 pm TBH I like the speculation and it’s kind of fun to imagine them getting a dog and an amazing house but right now I feel like it’s just that-something fun to entertain ourselves with. I don’t really expect a dog or home anytime soon and it’s hard to anticipate anything from them because they’ve been so unpredictable. It’s just nice to have that excitement back
+1
This is how i feel too. I love to read all the theories and see people freak out and as long as it's respectful of their privacy i really enjoy the excitement. But i don't honestly expect them to be real asap or ever, just having fun pretendig they are :P
Same. Like, I'm curious about what will happen but my personal philosophy is to let them live their life at their pace and enjoy the glimpses they offer. I feel like any information we get about their life outside their videos is a privilege rather than something we are entitled to. And I know getting a forever home and finding a dog are things that take ages even at the best of times.

But I'm also excited imagining the bright future ahead of them. Especially when in the PCOU everything seems possible. And since "no dog" is the default state and there's no deadline by which said dog needs to be obtained before "no dog" becomes permanent, I think things can only go up no matter how long they eventually take.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

:rainbowtears: that liveshow makes me so soft! Before BIG came out this would be my comfort in that I wasn’t crazy, that they will one day get a house and a dog. He seems so happy they had just moved and got back from America and that boy is smitten :loveeyes: I’m not in team hinting to get a dog or moving soon. I think possibly next year will be when they will make a move at the earliest. I do believe that a dog and house will come in time. I’m in no rush for it though it’s not my dog the boys been to be in a place when there ready to take one into their life. <3
JLynne
drama llama

plinthofmylife wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:22 pm Somewhat related: did KickthePJ get a doggo because one has been popping up on his instagram but I haven't yet seen any like "I have a doggo" announcement?

Speedy (pretty sure that's his name) is Sophie's brother's dog. Her family lives in Brighton, so they're around a lot. I would be surprised if deppy got a dog before PJ and Sophie, honestly.

I think the Kennel Club/Crufts thing probably points at a spon video, but I'm keeping my expectations low on the "deppy dog and the forever home" front.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

sorry i didn't see anyone post phil's (generic) tweet.
it made me laugh. phil is funny.
knq
lava lamp

JLynne wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Speedy (pretty sure that's his name) is Sophie's brother's dog. Her family lives in Brighton, so they're around a lot. I would be surprised if deppy got a dog before PJ and Sophie, honestly.
I think the Kennel Club/Crufts thing probably points at a spon video, but I'm keeping my expectations low on the "deppy dog and the forever home" front.
I think you’re right about it being spon or business related. I can’t see the kennel club following Dan and Phil if they were just looking into dog breeders. I especially can’t see them following Dan, because Dan isn’t following them.

So if it is spon/business related, and the club followed both Dan and Phil when only Phil followed them could this mean.... JOINT CONTENT?

Just thought I’d throw that in there with the forever home and doggo.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Maybe they’re making some pet merch and some of the proceeds are going towards charity
noodlebum
flower crown

knq wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 pm
JLynne wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 pm

I think you’re right about it being spon or business related. I can’t see the kennel club following Dan and Phil if they were just looking into dog breeders. I especially can’t see them following Dan, because Dan isn’t following them.

So if it is spon/business related, and the club followed both Dan and Phil when only Phil followed them could this mean.... JOINT CONTENT?

Just thought I’d throw that in there with the forever home and doggo.
Please!!!! :happytears:
glitterintheair
phillluminati

*puts clown make-up on* maybe it's a spon vid where they announce they are planning to get a dog. "A DITL of Dan and Phil choosing their dog".
But to do that they must be in their forever home already..hmm, "A DITL of Dan and Phil showing their dog (and us) the new home". Perfect. That surely will happen.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
starwatersong
phabergé

knq
lava lamp

starwatersong wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 pm
I'm not interested enough in golf to draw much from the actual stats, but the author's summary made me laugh:
Cafil
squish
Pronouns: She/Her

This may be out of nowhere, but has Dan listened to Steve Lacy ?? Just wondering
snoopysadie
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

knq wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:10 am
starwatersong wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:54 pm
I'm not interested enough in golf to draw much from the actual stats, but the author's summary made me laugh:
Is this making me want to rewatch one of the last two golfing videos after two weeks of having watched them last? ...maybe...

On the doggo/forever home topic: I again have 0 expectations, all I want is joint content on August or I'll cry, but the sponsorship sounds very plausible and the most reasonable one as ya'll pointed out.
I can't wait for them to start dropping more specific hints
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Love speculating about dogs! :undertaledog:

While you're thinking about dogs, also think about titles for the next thread and put your thoughts here. :rainbowsparkle: <3 :rainbowsparkle:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Tessa Violet has a new unreleased song she’s sending people (it’s good) and I saw this tweet and had to laugh
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Can we get a link to that edit lol?
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Never mind I found the edit and it IS extremely cursed.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Poor Tessa- Someone asked her if she knew who dnp were and she replied “idk” as a joke so her mentions were full of phans and she had to reply that she was a phillie back in the day
It also got some attention from John Green This will be the second day Phil wakes up to see he was part of a trending tag :lol: