Dan & Phil Part 88: orbit of uranus

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:52 pm
kavat wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:27 pm While we wait for the boys to do something I can recommend this article about youtubers through the years and how we got from webcams in bedrooms to what we have today.
That article is really interesting, and kind of the reason I wouldn't hate if Anthony's video were a bunch of old school youtubers chatting shit together about the platform. (It doesn't sound like it is, I just wish it were now.)
That was a super interesting article. I like an outside view on how things are changing. It's easy to forget how it used to be as someone who's been in the youtube world since 2006. I do still miss when it felt like it was a secret thing that people didn't know about or understand yet, being involved felt like we were getting away with something - some kind of revolution.

I'm always interested in the career trajectory of OG creators, the fact that Phil has been doing youtube as his only career job (and Dan, tbh) is really fascinating to me. Lots of people from 5AwesomeGays and 5AwesomeGirls, other early collab channels, have moved on to day-job-type-marketing roles with only occasional content (or none at all) and some of the more successful folks have branched off into mainstream TV personality-type work (Hannah Hart, Tyler Oakley) with youtube as the way to keep their brand relevant. Some have gotten into selling their own lines (Jefree Star, Zoella, Sugg). Some of the most financial successful youtubers got involved in making the business building blocks of youtube careers - Hank Green made DFTBA as a record label and then full fulfillment warehouse, Jack Conte built patreon.

Phil and Dan have kinda taken a hybrid approach - they make a living as a combination of personalities (BBC stuff), their own branded lines (books, film, tour) and finally running a business that's the building blocks of other careers (IRL merch.)
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I know that when dnp are quiet it’s usually because they’re doing something in the background but I’m surprised that we haven’t even gotten a members post from Phil this week. He’s been extra quiet this week so either he’s filming something, moving, or maybe he’s working on that big project he can’t talk about
socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

Really hoping for at least a Phil video soon! Even if it's just something simple like another Things I Regret Buying. I feel like I'm having Phil withdrawals lol quench my thirst mr lester
♡ 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞. :napsta:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

You know what I could have lived forever without? Seeing on my tumblr dash that Dan's ig story from this morning of a lion made of his face actually has a lion penis made of his face.
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:58 pm You know what I could have lived forever without? Seeing on my tumblr dash that Dan's ig story from this morning of a lion made of his face actually has a lion penis made of his face.
Horrific or hilarious? I can't decide.
Ablissa
pastel persona

They're quiet and I'm suspicious. What are they going to do now?
Realistically, I don't really expect any content until... I don't know, like a month from now? But I do wonder if Phil will upload a solo video to keep us going? Or will they make their first video PCOU a joint video? (a mukbang. please.)

I've also been wondering why they went home while M&C stayed on vacation and my curiosity is driving me slightly crazy. I'm having to manage my expectations really much here :lol:
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

Things I’m hopeful for for the rest of July (in no particular order):

1) The longer version of Dan’s BBC interview
2) The Vidcon channel Dan interview
3) An AmazingPhil vid
4) More instagram posts

Not necessarily in July:

1) Dan reacting to Generations React to BIG
2) Mukbang or live show(s)
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Ablissa wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:32 am They're quiet and I'm suspicious. What are they going to do now?
Realistically, I don't really expect any content until... I don't know, like a month from now? But I do wonder if Phil will upload a solo video to keep us going? Or will they make their first video PCOU a joint video? (a mukbang. please.)

I've also been wondering why they went home while M&C stayed on vacation and my curiosity is driving me slightly crazy. I'm having to manage my expectations really much here :lol:
I’m mostly suspicious because the only picture we got in the flat was from dan and it could have been taken anytime. Phil’s footage of tony looked like it was recycled from before they Left. That doesn’t have to mean anything but with them it could also mean everything lol.

I’m assuming we’ll hear something in the next couple of days. We were spoiled while they were gone but I’d at least like a members post update so I can feel slightly justified about my membership.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Amiaw wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:28 am
Ablissa wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:32 am They're quiet and I'm suspicious. What are they going to do now?

I’m mostly suspicious because the only picture we got in the flat was from dan and it could have been taken anytime. Phil’s footage of tony looked like it was recycled from before they Left. That doesn’t have to mean anything but with them it could also mean everything lol.

I’m assuming we’ll hear something in the next couple of days. We were spoiled while they were gone but I’d at least like a members post update so I can feel slightly justified about my membership.
Yeah Phil's Tony footage was definitely recycled so I'm equally suspicious. I definitely think they came home early for a reason.

Also, since Dan and Phil are being boring, I'm just gonna take this moment to say how gorgeous Cornelia is. I love her face a lot.

glitterintheair
phillluminati

Let's drop Dan and Phil and become a Cornelia Fandom instead. What's there to lose? She's gorgeous and talented, she always the one giving us the good #Content and she's in a lovely relationship we can live vicariously through. We stan.
I'm a winter flower underground, always thirsty for summer rain.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Yeah, sorry Dan and Phil, but gtfo. This is the Corndom now. (You're welcome for this cursed name) :lol:
No but Cornelia is genuinely lovely, gorgeous, and provides great content. AND HER VOICE IS ANGELIC. What more do we need to stan? NOTHING.

(I definitely think they came home for a reason and I can't wait to find out what the reason was.)
Ablissa
pastel persona

So this is a thing?? Apparently they did do these separately. I don't mind, I already felt prepared for that.
kavat
pastel persona

Well that was unexpected but lovely. I missed his face. I hope he shows it to us soon.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

I liked seeing old Phil and new Phil together: I love old Phil so much and it's good to see the connection to how he is today.

I also though what they did with the end screen was pretty funny.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
Amiaw
interactive introvert

autumnhearth
senpai

Aww yay that’s nice! I would have preferred to hear about him being more comfortable on stage instead of more hair jokes, but I’m feeling a bit more fulphilled now. Still will gladly join the Corndom! We’d be cornies yeah? Cornelia would never diss her old hair. Seriously that photo is stunning. Sedona is lovely too.

Oh hey, horray for communication! I’m hoping for everything Susanisnotafish is. If you could suggest a vid for Phil to do, what would it be? Oddly enough I’d be down for a reaction video to his old chat logs. That’s probably an unpopular opinion, but I recently rewatched his Tinder soon and the cringe is 10x more endearing now that he’s out.
knq
lava lamp

I usually like Phil's hair when it's a bit longer, but he looks really nice in that video. Some odd and oddly phrased questions, but I guess that's because they were all taken from Phil's videos.

Also that endscreen was pure Phil. I wonder if he got a say in the editing.
Last edited by knq on Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

Oh no does this addition of content mean we've stopped the transition into becoming the Corndom? Because I was totally on board.

That was a pretty good video for being a "react to my old videos" video on another channel. Cute, probably won't rewatch, but good with my morning coffee. And happy to finally read a Phil update!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

Please continue here! :rainbowsparkle:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."