Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Susanisnotafish
flower crown
Pronouns: She/her

adorally wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:45 am Hello all! Wow, getting to post is so exciting. :woohoo:

I had a quick question. Do any of y'all have the link for the video where Dan talks about meeting a fan's mom? The mom is crying or something because Dan and Phil really cheered her daughter up through tough times. I may have messed up a few points but lmk if it rings a bell!

starts at 12:30.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

Sorry about the double post, but can anyone fill me in on why deppy don’t go to SiTC anymore? Seems weird that they had merch there in 2017 but didn’t attend, and they weren’t on tour that year.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
dontpanic
#relatable

Susanisnotafish wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:27 am Sorry about the double post, but can anyone fill me in on why deppy don’t go to SiTC anymore? Seems weird that they had merch there in 2017 but didn’t attend, and they weren’t on tour that year.
my understanding was that they got too big for it ?
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

I think the last SITC they went to had poor crowd control for the number of fans who wanted to meet dnp. I was just rewatching the ‘angry dad’ story from a Dan liveshow and they’re particular about how events are organized.

I’m struggling to imagine what a ‘white chocolate’ flavor cereal would be. Does white chocolate taste like anything besides sugar? The branding on the box is really funny to me though. What customer is Kellogg advertising to who wants white chocolate flavored coco puff cereal, but also cares about it having 30% less sugar? (Phil apparently. Or maybe Dan on Phil’s behalf.)
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

I think the ‘reduced sugar’ claims are usually to appeal to parents buying cereal for their kids, lol.

Maybe D&P might appear at Vidcon London one day now that’s a thing? :please:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
livoy
phillion/danosaur <//3

madzilla84 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 am Maybe D&P might appear at Vidcon London one day now that’s a thing? :please:
I can't imagine them appearing at Vidcon London based on this account of it:

https://youtu.be/dkZ79pRY0Cc
Starts at 8:52, essentially Vidcon London was mismanaged, bad selection of people invited and didn't sell tickets.

So unless it somehow improves next time, I can't see them going either because of not actually being invited or turning it down because it has a trash rep.
Puffy
drama llama

knq wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:12 am
What customer is Kellogg advertising to who wants white chocolate flavored coco puff cereal, but also cares about it having 30% less sugar? (Phil apparently. Or maybe Dan on Phil’s behalf.)
In the UK and Ireland they’ve introduced a sugar tax which has led major companies to reduce the amount of sugar in their products to keep everything at the same price point. Coca Cola have pulled a bunch of products and for a while you could only buy 250ml cans of Coke. Loads of cereals have like 25–30% less sugar but added aspartame or whatever Splenda is made from etc to try preserve the flavour. (The sugar tax is extremely problematic for a variety of off-topic reasons but that’s the gist of it)

But also I am not surprised the cereal tasted like rice crispies because it looks exactly like rice crispies. There is nothing more disappointing than getting something that you think is going to be excellent and having it taste terrible, poor Philly
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

livoy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:25 am
madzilla84 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 am Maybe D&P might appear at Vidcon London one day now that’s a thing? :please:
I can't imagine them appearing at Vidcon London based on this account of it:

https://youtu.be/dkZ79pRY0Cc
Starts at 8:52, essentially Vidcon London was mismanaged, bad selection of people invited and didn't sell tickets.

So unless it somehow improves next time, I can't see them going either because of not actually being invited or turning it down because it has a trash rep.
Aw that’s a shame, you’d think (ostensibly) being run by the same company, they’d know what they were doing by now. It’d be so convenient as they wouldn’t have to travel, and there aren’t any other UK YouTube cons really except SITC. (I know some YTers have stalls etc at London comic con, but I think D&P are probably too famous for that)
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I didn’t know anything of vidcon’s reputation and both Deps’ managers went so it wasn’t too bad for that involvement. I had a great time, though was on the Creator track and only went to a few community things, they were a little separate in the building so I didn’t see how most of that was.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Someone asked me about clips of Martyn talking (btw - anyone know any good ones?) but in my search for it I came across this video and it reminded me that 'apparently I struggled with the four times table' is another of those things that pops into my head sometimes when I'm randomly having to do math.

AltMay
glabella

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm Someone asked me about clips of Martyn talking (btw - anyone know any good ones?) but in my search for it I came across this video and it reminded me that 'apparently I struggled with the four times table' is another of those things that pops into my head sometimes when I'm randomly having to do math.

Iirc not long ago m&c organized a music event at a bar or something along those lines and there was a video of him presenting it/talking about it. But i can't seem to find it.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

AltMay wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:59 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 pm Someone asked me about clips of Martyn talking (btw - anyone know any good ones?) but in my search for it I came across this video and it reminded me that 'apparently I struggled with the four times table' is another of those things that pops into my head sometimes when I'm randomly having to do math.

Iirc not long ago m&c organized a music event at a bar or something along those lines and there was a video of him presenting it/talking about it. But i can't seem to find it.

Here you go :)

https://youtu.be/ebVX1wNJd1g

Also at 1:08 here (https://youtu.be/8qWmYZ3tBvk)
Sorry for the links I’m on mobile!
Last edited by thestigdrivesamini on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Honestly, anything that supports my theory that Phil has some form of dyscalculia will pop into my head a lot. Usually when my own issues are making life difficult.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Cornelia's so cool. Move over deppy, I stan those two now.
Megancita75
ar·tic·u·late

woopdada wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:09 pm
thestigdrivesamini wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Cornelia's so cool. Move over deppy, I stan those two now.

Oh wow, that Isle of Man video is so, so sweet! I loved it.

In both of those, Martyn's accent sounds different than Phil's, but I have American ears and can't really parse the subtleties of English accents.
starwatersong
phabergé

I woke up to Dan in my head singing, “Let’s chalk Phil’s hair...”

Re: Phil possibly having dyscalculia, if I I got him tested as a kid, I would probably check his working memory percentile in the psychoeducational assessment first.

Either way, it seems he’s learned to accommodate.

Sorry — Learning Disability teacher here and you sparked my interest!
obvsly
#relatable

I sighed heavily at Phil’s instastory. To say they’re trolling us at this point is an understatement.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

So is Phil visiting his parents or did he just crop an old photo and post it?
kavat
pastel persona

You okay there buddy?
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Could be anywhere really lol. I’ve seen one of these at a supermarket before. :shrug:
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
knq
lava lamp

Apparently it’s a coin operated kids ride outside markets like Tescos. Ngl I thought it was a cookie jar. :shrug:

M&C: Martyn saying “Me and Cornelia” made me grin. He and Dan can get matching forehead tattoos.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Idk. I’m still going all conspiracy theory and assuming he’s with his parents. I suspect his story yesterday was from their kitchen because in his story you see the white cupboards above the stove and that matches his parents kitchen but doesn’t match theirs

But i’d be okay being wrong. Dan’s certainly been active like he usually is when Phil’s gone though
madzilla84
eclipse shirt

Yeah, possibly! I wonder why he didn’t go with?
blackbirddan.tumblr.com
SpikyLeaf
phillion/danosaur <//3

kavat wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:28 pm You okay there buddy?
my phone took so long to load this insta story, i was getting really impatient and excited at what it could be and then it loaded and I just-

what even is it?
adorally
phillion/danosaur <//3

Oh, seeing that fetus Phil post really reminded me of this part of one of his videos:
I definitely have this phrase in my head from time to time. Just makes me go <3
:straggy: :betta: :maskup: