Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I'm not getting my hopes up that dan is there too but it would be nice if he was
Amiaw
interactive introvert

As far as we know martyn is still in America and if it was true that dnp were spotted together then it’s a good possibility they are there together
knq
lava lamp

Kath, Nigel, Phil, and Phil's grandad. Dan heard there were too many cookies for 4 people and heroically got on a plane to IOM to help solve this problem.
obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:57 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:52 pm Okay and now Phil posts a story from his parents house? Who is the 4th person?
Surely it's Dan since they were spotted together this morning? Phil's parents, and Dan and Phil.
Can’t help wondering if Phil would have mentioned the 4th person if they hadn’t been spotted this morning.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:57 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:52 pm Okay and now Phil posts a story from his parents house? Who is the 4th person?
Surely it's Dan since they were spotted together this morning? Phil's parents, and Dan and Phil.
Can’t help wondering if Phil would have mentioned the 4th person if they hadn’t been spotted this morning.
I'm gonna say probably not. I think it might have gone the way previous IoM trips have gone and we would get some final day or flight-home type confirmation that Dan was there.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Just gotta say those cakes look great, especially the chocolate-iced ones with the Smarties on top. Shame we can’t all go and help them out really.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Ah so maybe Dan’s relative flurry of likes/follow activity wasn’t home alone boredom, but travel related idle time.

I am sooo curious how long they’ve been out as a couple to Phil’s parents... the whole time? Because :rainbowtears:

Anyways, would LOVE to see Phil film something with his mom while he’s up there... Like a gay Q&A... When did you know? What did you think? Who told grandma? Stuff like that.
obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 pm
obvsly wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm Can’t help wondering if Phil would have mentioned the 4th person if they hadn’t been spotted this morning.
I'm gonna say probably not. I think it might have gone the way previous IoM trips have gone and we would get some final day or flight-home type confirmation that Dan was there.
Yeah I agree.

And, not to be demon (oh who am I kidding) but it looks like the second box of cake could be vegan.
GalaxyDarling
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

glitterintheair wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:44 am Weren't we supposed to get Dan's full interview with the BBC at the end of July? Where is it? :sideeye:
No, that guy said "later", that's all. It might never come, lol.
Susanisnotafish
flower crown

On the subject of Dan’s tweet about being recognized in GW2, see 40:20. It’s such a shame, but this was from 2014 and he’s better able to cope these days. Also ft Dan playing Ingenue at 44:45.
Last edited by Susanisnotafish on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rub those freckles all over me!" --Daniel Howell
drago
tol bean

GalaxyDarling wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm
glitterintheair wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:44 am Weren't we supposed to get Dan's full interview with the BBC at the end of July? Where is it? :sideeye:
No, that guy said "later", that's all. It might never come, lol.
He said "later this month", at least that's how I remember.
GalaxyDarling
Pronouns: he/him

drago wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:46 pm He said "later this month", at least that's how I remember.
you're right actually, but i said that day i would not trust this guy
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Ablissa
pastel persona

Well I'm guessing this has to be IoM airport? The person said they won't say where they met d&p for privacy reasons, which is respectable, but I can't see where else they could be given they're with Phil's parents.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

The security conveyer belt and trays are behind them so it seems more likely it was the airport they left from.
autumnhearth
senpai

No doubt they are both at Phil’s parents and Cornelia posted photos today from the last part of their US road trip, so I reckon they are on the way. All is right in the world.
cheekyc
squish

Amiaw wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm
Taniel Returns. A blotchy Taniel, but a Taniel nonetheless.
:ribena: it’s the internet support group :ribena:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

This is the first time they've gone to see the Lesters in the PCOU right? I bet Kath gave Dan the biggest hug.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

GalaxyDarling wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:49 pm
drago wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:46 pm He said "later this month", at least that's how I remember.
you're right actually, but i said that day i would not trust this guy
yeah...i'm not getting my hopes up. i'm just glad we got a really good interviewer this time around. if it happens, that's great tho!!
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
snoopysadie

obvsly wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:34 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:10 pm
obvsly wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:06 pm Can’t help wondering if Phil would have mentioned the 4th person if they hadn’t been spotted this morning.
Yeah I agree.

And, not to be demon (oh who am I kidding) but it looks like the second box of cake could be vegan.
reasons to love Kath more, gosh, she's amazing. I wish she did want to appear in more AP videos, I know she won't because she doesn't like to get recognised but she's so great!
"I still remember... the first day I met you."
"I remember it, too"
OhItsElliott
drama llama
Pronouns: He/him

I'm honestly curious if anyone believes they aren't still a couple at this point? I guess sure, there are always gonna be people who have doubts but honestly. Can you imagine taking an ex to celebrate your mother's birthday? When it's just 4 people? Like... really?? Idk, I just don't get anyone having sincere doubts but if there are skeptics out there, I'd love to hear the reasoning behind it! Just because I personally can't see a reality in which they aren't together doesn't mean my interpretation of the sliver of their lives they choose to show us is accurate. And I fully acknowledged that right now it truly is the tiniest of slivers.

Anyway, I am unbelievably soft at the fact that they're apparently visiting phil's parents together rn and that Kath made what looks like vegan cake options. It almost makes up for the lack of liveshows or joint content I've been craving. Not quite, but I'll take anything at this point.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Cornelia has been liking some cute art. She liked this picture tonight

And she liked this picture yesterday

It seems like they all really enjoyed their trip to the desert
knq
lava lamp

I started out re-watching Rize liveshows this morning--which are even more amazing than I remember, they're so domestic--and this evening I've made my way into re-watching AmazingPhil videos. Watching the video where Phil tries to make fizzy milk with a Sodastream reminded me of this tweet that I don't remember circulating at the time but made me laugh.
plastictrees
drama llama

well now i’m just going to lose myself in imagining a world where we get a D+P baking video feat Kath teaching them how to make things properly :ribena:
itsaslipperyslope
first-time poster

So... I'm not sure if this is relevant in any way but I just woke up in a cold sweat at two in the morning remembering this article from 2015 that resulted in the phandom speculating about this "anonymous gay youtuber" being Dan or Phil,,, and,,, honestly I think it is likely that it was Phil quoted in this article all along, I mean, looking back on it in 2019, it fits. Just thought it was interesting and thought I might share this realization just for the heck of it lol

"TenEighty contacted a YouTuber who identifies as gay, but has chosen not to disclose their sexuality online. They wish to remain anonymous for this article. “I don’t feel as though I’ve not come out, as everyone in my ‘real life’ knows I’m gay and that I’ve had a partner for five years,” they say.

“The reason I’ve never mentioned it online is that I don’t see it as highly relevant to what I do. It would have an impact on my career outside of YouTube,” they explain. “Nonetheless, I would certainly never lie about my sexuality or pretend to fancy girls or say I have a girlfriend.

“In terms of being a role model; that is the one thing that tempts me to ‘come out’ online,” they add. “Although that, in itself, is a big responsibility.”"

https://teneightymagazine.com/2015/02/2 ... -closeted/