Dan & Phil Part 89: So what now?

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
woopdada
phillion/danosaur <//3

itsaslipperyslope wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:20 am So... I'm not sure if this is relevant in any way but I just woke up in a cold sweat at two in the morning remembering this article from 2015 that resulted in the phandom speculating about this "anonymous gay youtuber" being Dan or Phil,,, and,,, honestly I think it is likely that it was Phil quoted in this article all along, I mean, looking back on it in 2019, it fits. Just thought it was interesting and thought I might share this realization just for the heck of it lol

"TenEighty contacted a YouTuber who identifies as gay, but has chosen not to disclose their sexuality online. They wish to remain anonymous for this article. “I don’t feel as though I’ve not come out, as everyone in my ‘real life’ knows I’m gay and that I’ve had a partner for five years,” they say.

“The reason I’ve never mentioned it online is that I don’t see it as highly relevant to what I do. It would have an impact on my career outside of YouTube,” they explain. “Nonetheless, I would certainly never lie about my sexuality or pretend to fancy girls or say I have a girlfriend.

“In terms of being a role model; that is the one thing that tempts me to ‘come out’ online,” they add. “Although that, in itself, is a big responsibility.”"

https://teneightymagazine.com/2015/02/2 ... -closeted/
If I remember correctly that turned out to be Jimmy 0010.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d be surprised if Phil’s ever spoken that much about it especially with a magazine. I don’t remember how we know, but the general consensus is that it was Jimmy.
AltMay
glabella

I was so sure the had uploaded a pic of them and Kath this morning but apparently it was a dream -_-

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

AltMay wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:35 pm I was so sure the had uploaded a pic of them and Kath this morning but apparently it was a dream -_-
Today is her birthday so maybe if we all wish hard enough we can manifest it.
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Did Martyn and Cornelia make it to Kath’s birthday? I kind of hope they did because Cornelia usually delivers with the pictures
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

Amiaw wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:32 pm Did Martyn and Cornelia make it to Kath’s birthday? I kind of hope they did because Cornelia usually delivers with the pictures
i believe so? cornelia posted this yesterday:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
kavat
pastel persona

She posted a story about being jetlagged, so the odds are looking good!
starwatersong
phabergé

Thought this was cute:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Since Dan and Phil aren't letting us in on the celebration, here's a tribute to Kath all for us.

Secretstanner
truth bomb

This is completely off topic sorry. I saw a clip on twitter of that “YouTube reality show” a couple youtubers have been uploading, kian and Jc. Not the type of people I ever watch or want to watch but the clip I saw was Trisha Paytas saying that “one day they (kian and Jc) will come out together like dan and Phil” and the thing that got me wondering was their replying saying “but they’re not together”. I don’t know what my point is but it got me thinking is there really youtubers that still don’t believe they're together?? I thought most people having watched the videos would be under the general consequences that they are very much a couple. I still see dnp fans on tumblr or whatever saying they aren’t but seeing a youtuber saying this just confuses me. Maybe it’s just they don’t keep up with them and have no interest in them. Makes me think how many youtubers took their videos as a confirmation to them being together and how many didn’t.
knq
lava lamp

Secretstanner wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:27 pm This is completely off topic sorry. I saw a clip on twitter of that “YouTube reality show” a couple youtubers have been uploading, kian and Jc. Not the type of people I ever watch or want to watch but the clip I saw was Trisha Paytas saying that “one day they (kian and Jc) will come out together like dan and Phil” and the thing that got me wondering was their replying saying “but they’re not together”. I don’t know what my point is but it got me thinking is there really youtubers that still don’t believe they're together?? I thought most people having watched the videos would be under the general consequences that they are very much a couple. I still see dnp fans on tumblr or whatever saying they aren’t but seeing a youtuber saying this just confuses me. Maybe it’s just they don’t keep up with them and have no interest in them. Makes me think how many youtubers took their videos as a confirmation to them being together and how many didn’t.
For reference: I’m so confused by the paradox of someone discussing whether they’re going to come out in a public, produced, edited and published setting that I can’t actually process much else. Reality shows are weird man.

Dan’s video was 45 minutes long. I suspect lots of YouTubers heard about it or just saw the title and didn’t actually watch it.
drago
tol bean

Onision made a "coming out video" mentioning in a very disturbing manner, not sure what he wanted to come out as, but he definitely came out as a creep.
dontpanic
#relatable

drago wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:22 am Onision made a "coming out video" mentioning in a very disturbing manner, not sure what he wanted to come out as, but he definitely came out as a creep.
I'm quite thankful he and Dan live on different continents
Ablissa
pastel persona

drago wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:22 am Onision made a "coming out video" mentioning in a very disturbing manner, not sure what he wanted to come out as, but he definitely came out as a creep.
Onision is pathetic. He's grasping at straws to save his dying career and has been for years now. I'm not surprised he's once again using Dan to try to get more views...
poweroftriangles
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: he/him

Look at him and his squishy face!!! *overwhelmed with affection noises*
anti-YouNow club :sarcasticclap:
AltMay
glabella

poweroftriangles wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:47 pm Look at him and his squishy face!!! *overwhelmed with affection noises*
I can't handle how beautiful this is. If this is our reward for their silence, i'm glad we waited ;-;

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
obvsly
#relatable

AltMay wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:50 pm
poweroftriangles wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:47 pm Look at him and his squishy face!!! *overwhelmed with affection noises*
I can't handle how beautiful this is. If this is our reward for their silence, i'm glad we waited ;-;
I don’t need to but I’m quoting the whole thing just to see this face again and again. I’m glad they know that at the end of the day we just want to see them happy. :love1:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ugh that picture is beautiful.

Now I'm greedy and want the matching Dan version.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I feel like it needs to actively be said that Phil has a REALLY nice chin. I've thought this for a while so idk why I'm just now speaking it but.... 11/10 chin. Would pinch.
fluffyhairemmy
crusty sponge

i am so glad that picture was the first thing i saw when i got on social media this morning. we love to start off the day with positivity!! :love2:
:lilheart: learning love is not a crime :lilheart:
making the time to be a phannie as a new college student is hard :reading2:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I always love a good Phil pictures and he looks so happy! I’m also cackling over his shoes - I don’t know what happened there but it seems very “Phil” :lol:
obvsly
#relatable

Amiaw wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:04 pm I always love a good Phil pictures and he looks so happy! I’m also cackling over his shoes - I don’t know what happened there but it seems very “Phil” :lol:
I hear “you CAN’T even tie your shoelaces..” in my head :lol:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It looks like the tongues have just slipped down the sides, that’s all. He’s cute, nice to see.
knq
lava lamp

A) I hate the perspective, it makes it look like he could fall into the ocean. Nature should come with safety rails.

B) dnp seem to like Aladdin. Why is there no Aladdin themed content on either of their channels? That was my favorite movie as a child. I feel deprived.

C) Does Phil own one pair of shorts, or many pairs of the same shorts? Inquiring minds must know.

D) He's making fists, his shoes are askew, his roots are showing, he looks happy, I love him. :happytears:
plinthofmylife
janice from the shop

So who is going to do the phandom detective work to zoom in on the hand in the reflection of Phil's sunglasses to see if it is dan’s?

Also it looks like Cornelia is in IOM so I am hoping she keeps us fed.